All Comments on 'Pauls Story'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 87 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What I don't understand

He was dumped by nine women during his school days. But still he couldn't find time to try with Pauline French?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Yay! A new story from Bob!

Very nice story and full marks from me. Another, please. Randi.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Thanks For Sharing*****

Great read reminds me of some of your earlier works.

AngelCherysseAngelCherysseover 4 years ago
Do people still do that?

Five kids? Really? It's not like you need the little tykes to work the back forty for you, or anything. Other than that, you had me at "Actually, now I think I'm an asshole." Yeah, Bobby, but you're my favorite asshole, so there!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rushed the ending

It went from something i liked where the guy was smart not to trust to all of a sudden married with kids living happily ever after. I cant se how she remained faithful or how he could trust such a conniving woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Read this a while ago on SOL

It was one of your best stories and still is

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Superman gets his way

Sorry, story is BS. There was nothing about Paul that should make Angelina that desperate. Unbelievable. Angelina's reason for fucking Tom was reasonable, she was cheating on a cheater for good reason. Doesn't come together for me.

PaksdmPaksdmover 4 years ago
its...

great that someone got a happy life -even if it is in a story...

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
For the 821st time...

well done and thanks!

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 4 years ago
Yes, Paul is a jerk

But at least he's a lucky jerk. He's also very old fashioned. When you have a diamond in your hands, the answers to life's dreams, you don't try to throw it away. Luckily, it's fine with me to write about jerks. Without them, there would be no literature. Five stars.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 4 years ago
I gave it 4 stars.

SO, this is a good story. BUT, this is an erotica website, Bob. You have GOT to work on your erotica. I love the story. The characters. It all works perfectly but you glossed over the juicy bits so what we're left with is a good piece of Fiction and no "Oooo Mama."

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Nice story

Well done, enjoyable read.

The handling of two strong characters was excellent.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 4 years ago
Classic JPB

Good to see you still have it...thanks.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Three Problems With The Story

First, I didn't take Angel fucking the VP as cheating on Tom. Once a spouse cheats (especially multiple times like Tom) you have no obligation to them to not cheat. HOWEVER, I did have a problem with another aspect of her fucking the VP. She fucked him for financial gain (higher alimony from Tom). They have a name for a woman who does that. Doesn't come to mind right now, but it's at the tip of my tongue.

Two, in the world of this story, 99% of all males and females are assholes. Everyone the MC has dated has cheated on him. Everyone Angel has dated was an asshole according to her. Is it really that bad out there? And if these two damaged people are the best that humanity has to offer, we're in trouble.

Three, I don't see Angel's attraction or interest in the MC. He's been dumped by every girl he's ever dated. On top of that he tells her he doesn't trust her and that he would never marry her. Angel is supposed to be not only a pretty face and a great body, but is supposed to be the marrying kind. What is her interest in a guy no other woman wants to keep (well, except the escorts out there), who insults her, and who won't commit to her?

The aspect that jumps out at me that is worthwhile is something else. We all want a person to show that we are special and that even when we push them they still choose us over all the rest. I definitely tended to do that with the women I dated. But seeing both sides laid out, I can't help scratching my head wondering what is wrong with Angel that she would put up with that from the MC. Which makes me wonder what was wrong with all the women I dated that put up with me.

Other than that I enjoyed the story :).

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Typical JPB

Like so many of his stories, short and sweet. Nothing fancy or frilly, just straight forward adult sexual story. That's why he is one of my favorites. A 5 Star Rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Finally

After nothing but cuckolding and bizarre revenge snuff stories for weeks, something worth reading. Great story, JPB. We can always count on your for something fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kind of bland for JPB

Not bad, but kind of bland for JPB. No twists, no unexpected turns. You can see the end coming. Sounds more like Matt Moreau than JPB. In addition, why a one sided prenup? Is Mr. Camelot the gold standard for fidelity and commitment forever? I guess he's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story, but

Picked the wrong woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

In my limited opinion, this story is definitely one of your best. To my knowledge this scenario is original to the site (not an easy feat) congrats!! Thanks for a grate read looking forward to your next posting.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Good Story

An uncomplicated, well-written, and endearing story. That's all that needs to be said.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Not

This was not more of your usual. This was much better than your usual. You kept me guessing a little at the end. Enjoyed it.

SirCarlSirCarlover 4 years ago
I liked this a lot!

Amusingly well thought out, written, and presented. Keep up the good work.

carvohicarvohiover 4 years ago
Well Yeah!

Another JPB, another Hallmark.

Jedd

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 4 years ago
Great story. 5 stars

I’m a softy, and while you are one of my favorite authors (top 2!!), you are often quite a bit darker. You once explained how nearly every women somehow did you wrong. Paul’s story was much lighter. Really enjoyed it. WVR

rmeyerhormeyerhoover 4 years ago
Not the same

Another Just Plain Bob story. Hardly, this one was amusing along with your usual. Great job. We need you more often.

Richie4110Richie4110over 4 years ago
Nicely Done

Totally met my JPB expectations. Love the slow build up and the ideal ending.

Thank you and hoping we'll have another coffee shop story soon.

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 4 years ago
If only you'd put an apostrophe in the title

It would have been perfect.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 4 years ago
Thank you!

When I'm really bored, JPB is my go-to story teller.

Unfortunately, recent random selections from the corpus left me so frustrated that I stopped reading "golden oldies". (Illogical irrational MC ignores the obvious and repeated clues to continue or restart a piss poor relationship and suffer in misery.)

This new story was like pressing my attitude reset button. Finally, sane behavior! Good plotting! An ending not requiring prognostication!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep - more of the same - but something different!

BOB! You sly dog. You found new names for your women. Pauline French and the rest were left behind. I liked it! And while this was "more of your same" it was plenty good and entertaining to boot. The only thing missing was any conversation with Tom about promotions and wives. I'd have thought some conflict between the two men would have been necessary. Well played Mr. Coffee Drinker.

4 stars

KayaknhKayaknhover 4 years ago
Boy is my world view shaken....

A JPB story I actually enjoyed entirely. No effeminate males. No over the top evil wives that husbands forgive.

Just a nice plausible story. With believanle characters and a good story line.

Well done.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Nice work

Loved it. His attitude stayed consistent and it really made the story. Thanks for sharing your talent.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
A RING AROUND THE ROSY LIFE STORY

which is not unique in the telling, TK U MLJ LV NV and why are my comments not being used for the authors scores, mlj

SKHPSKHPover 4 years ago
I missed Pauline French

...so: not a typical JPB story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story!

Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting, and please keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice.

Entertaining. Trust issues always puts an interesting spin on a LW's tale. JPB doing his fandango. *****

icebreadicebreadover 4 years ago
Yep..

I liked it thank you.

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Thanks 'Robert'

Really enjoyed this one.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
Great story.

You got 5 from me.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Nice

In her defence, she screwed Billngs on an exit strategy. Get hubby was the one who destroyed their union, a price of paper means nothing in the real world. It's what you do that counts.

He played a long game, kept his self respect, and set a very solid footing going ahead.

Who knows? They may live happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story but Dammit.... where was she when I was an honorable young stud and available?

I know two or three women like her but they're married to good guys (lucky ones) and like their best friend, (my oldest daughter) they're about 25 yrs. younger than I am. My daughter's mother was a cheating whore. I caught her and threw her ass out. My daughter looks like her but she's like me and nothing like her.

chris73170chris73170over 4 years ago
great story

bob loved the story and i hope he figured out what caused all those kids. lol

oldwayneoldwayneover 4 years ago
JPB, when you want to, you can write a really good story!

I actually thought it was one of your better efforts and rewarded you accordingly...Five Stars!

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Very well done.

Had me going right up to the end.

Keep it up.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 4 years ago
Good one

I really enjoyed that .

I'm glad you weren't my father though , Ralph & Richard ( Dick ) ?

You just know those two are going to have Hell at recess in Third - Sixth grade , lol .

Might make them tougher than two dollar steaks though .

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good as usual

I have always enjoyed your works, This one was no different.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yes!

Talk about strong set in your ways folks. Liked the story and your sly humor. 5*. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story but

Good story but he picked the wrong woman.

She screwed a VP so she could indirectly benefit from more alimony in theroy.

Did she screw the judge too? He controls the final alimony award. How about her boss at work for her own promotions? Or how about the admissions officer at the top private school she would would like the kids to go to?

Never was the right answer to marrying that one. Pre-nup is just favorable math if she happens mess up and get caught.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
He grew

What makes this story work for me is his personal growth; his banishing of personal demons. Realizing that one can trust wisely is maturity.

robinhodrobinhodover 4 years ago
Please bring back Pauline French

My son once had a girlfriend of that name, and I'd love to see her as a major figure in one of your stories.

Why not? It's only a name.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not

Not a bad story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
principal?

yes I'm a pedant, but people have (or don't have) principles. Schools have principals.

Nice story.

rodryder44rodryder44over 4 years ago
Contrarians none the less

A nice story.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Especially good JPB

Excellent writing as usual from JPB. I really enjoyed the story and ending.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

lerenardruselerenardruseover 4 years ago
Great Story

Enjoyed it from the beginning to the end.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Hmmm...

Interesting story, but... he married a cheater. And they ALWAYS do it again.

Its just... a matter... of when.

OnethirdOnethirdover 4 years ago
Verified

Yes, a typical JPB story, but it was a little less jaded than normal, and had a happy ending, which I like. Glad to see her stick it out.

mytyalai69mytyalai69over 4 years ago
JPB...

...always delivers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
**YAWN**

Please categorize under "romance"....smh

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cheaters do....

....NOT always cheat again. To even SAY that places you in the category of men who 1) don't believe in redemption , or 2) suffer from a self-limiting lack of self confidence. Wherever you fit, good luck to you. I married a woman who left her unsatisfying marriage to come and marry me. We were vibrantly happy for thirty years till her heartbreaking death from ovarian cancer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cheaters will always cheat again? No they don’t

Been there, regretted it, won’t do it again. Not the kind of man i want to be. With luck it goes to my grave and causes no hurt. So, yea, people can grow. Can you?

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
If that many women dumped him......

Maybe HE was the reason!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice story

NVDiceGuy is a dickhead! His comment is crap! Nice guys usually date impressionable young women and get dropped because they aren’t aggressive. Most women respond to aggressive men and these women will probably cheat on their future husbands. He was better off without them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
FIVE Kids?

Geez, like Groucho said, he loved his cigar too, but he still took it out of his mouth once in a while. Very good story, JPB. Five kids. Hmmm.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

One of JPB's really solid efforts. Very much worth a second read.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

A good story from the Sybil of this section.

(For those of you not familiar with her Sybil had a multiple personality problem...with about 32 different ones).

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 3 years ago

Another of your good ones

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

JPB’s hit rate is quite low, extremely low really, but once in a while he hits a home run as with this one.

Just hope he scores better with his love life.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

The ending was especially good.

DGHear2DGHear2almost 3 years ago

I liked it! It was a somewhat happy story. Worth a five*

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

JPB, the Dave Kingman of LW. Not that many hits, but a lot of those hits leave the park.

☆☆☆☆☆

QuintiusQuintiusover 2 years ago
Excellent story

This is one of JPB's best, by far. I actually liked every character in it except Ray, and even him I sorta liked because it was his role to be the cowardly lothario. It's sadly extremely rare that I can say I liked every character in one of JPB's stories. Great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very Nice. Another JPB epic. But Five kids? Ouch! Oh well, it’s still a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for a complete, enjoyable and loving story. Touching how they worked through some misunderstandings and eventually communicated with each other to find forever and ever togetherness and love.

A big plus from us.

SW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of your better ones.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 2 years ago

Just because kids are involved doesn't mean u should stay together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good one. But she had been divorced twice. You really want to gamble your nuts on being number 3?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yes Dear.........

SAV12SAV12over 1 year ago

WHEN IT'S RIGHT, IT'S RIGHT! NICE STORY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Five kids in fourteen years is rolling them out. Nice one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the ending

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very, very good story.keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Writers: principal is not the same as principle. They're homophones, with very distinctive meanings.

Calico75Calico754 months ago

Five kids! Who does that these days? Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well Bob, you did it, you succeeded in writing a total piece of shit story. Not one character in your tale was likeable or interesting. It read like it was written by a little wimpy dude who dreams of being a big badass and your Angel is a typical entitled slut who needs to be controlled by big bad asshole. Nothing noteworthy about your boring tale, Bob. 2/5.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germany10 days ago

Good read. I like a happy ending once in a while, improbable as it may seem in this case. Let's be real, Angel qualified as a whore by sleeping with her furure ex-husband's boss to get more money after a divorce (unless I misunderstood something here). The statistics are also very heavily stacked against the sustainability of a marriage that follows two divorces, but stranger (and worse) things are happening.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

SIMILAR Stories