Pawn Arranges the Board

Story Info
Tired of losing, young woman snags older married man.
5.2k words
4.53
3k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I tell you, relationships are fucking stupid. It's hard enough finding a guy. But then they expect you to dote on them and treat them like a king just because they exist? Fuck that."

"No, don't fuck that. They don't deserve pussy. Let them get better acquainted with Rosie Palm and her five sisters."

Nikki and Sara both shared a laugh at the retort, swirling their drinks as they motioned. They were both on their second. The two friends were both enjoying the buzz that eased their spirits.

The bar had a decent crowd for a weekday evening. Aside from some of clusters of barflys and those who screamed 'usual patrons,' an increasingly boisterous group of middle-aged people sat at the larger table in the corner. Tonight gave the young women a chance to unwind with anonymity and blend-in without worry of being hounded or eavesdrops.

"I'll say it again, Nikki; I'm glad you left him. I didn't want to say anything while you were dating, but he was a bit of a leech."

Nikki raised her hand in the air to pause Sara as she sipped her drink, although the effort wasn't really needed. Sara was more than happy to let her friend get her most recent break-up off her chest.

"Leech is too nice a term. I mean, c'mon. Moving back in with your parents? How about canceling your twenty-whatever gaming subscriptions and ponying up the rent? And I know, matter-of-factly, that he could've picked up extra work hours to make ends meet. But no, he's got his guild and fucking shooters and shit. No time for work, barely any time for me, but God forbid he should put a controller down."

"I'll never understand why boys insist on playing games they're no good at."

The group in the corner burst out in laughter. Some unrestrained "Whooo!"s and a round of clapping exclaimed their tipsy merriment. Nikki turned her head, surveying the crowd. A work function of some sort, she surmised. At least they seemed happy.

"I know," Nikki said almost distantly, a slight sadness surfacing to her face. "And, like, what did I see in him? Someone I could mold? I mean, he said such nice things to woo me, and I really did feel special. But I couldn't see past his words that he was a just a slob meandering through life."

Nikki brought her drink to her lips. As she heard Sara's compassionate "Awws," she downed the rest of her drink, a forced gasp for breath at the end of her draw. In her mind, she ran through of all her other prior relationships. Of the duds. The dead-ends. How a world of potential was open at the start in every one - only to end in disillusionment.

"Every time I get involved, it's the same thing. They move forward to meet me, and I move forward too. And there's this potential for great things to happen between us. But then, nothing. We're just stuck numbly bumping into each other until it ends. I look around, and I see all this action happening around us. All these moving pieces. And I want to be part of the action!"

Nikki sighed, leaning back on her barstool. Sara swirled her drink, having taken another sip. As if compelled to offer a reply her friend simply mentioned, "You'll find yours. I'm a firm believer in that. You're too good a woman to be ignored for so long. You'll find a good one."

In her head, Nikki reflected that the good ones were already taken.

Another roar erupted from the corner of the bar. Nikki's eyes darted but she didn't turn her head. It was just a mere distraction from her own pity-party. How friends like Sara had found theirs. How easy it seemed for others to be happy and move on with life. And here she was, left behind. Hanging with the rabble.

Then, as if a switch were thrown, Nikki's mindset flipped. Her eyes stared off into the space in front of her friend. The words came to her mouth as the thoughts formulated in her mind. "Maybe I just need to change my game. I wait back, waiting to be approached before playing. Maybe I should just... play."

A moment passed, the background chatter of the bar permeating the silence between them. Finally Sara spoke up. "You going to be okay, honey?"

Nikki turned her eyes towards her friend's. Their eye contact ensured that they were still besties and that things would be fine. A small chuckle escaped from Nikki. "Yeah. I'll be fine. Thanks for being here tonight.'

Sara came in to give her friend a hug. It wasn't until her friend reached into her purse to leave a tip that Nikki realized her friend was getting ready to leave.

"Finished already?"

"Yeah. Two drinks, like I said. I can't pack it away like I used to. Besides, there is work tomorrow. And I don't want to keep Mark waiting long." She paused. "But I do want you to be ok. Text me if anything happens tonight."

"I'll be fine. You'll be the first to know if anything happens. Don't wait up."

Nikki also arose from her stool to give her friend one last hug. A large contingency from the lively group in the corner also seemed to be milling about, some making their way to the exit. Wishes of "See you next time!" and "Good luck!" shouted from the parting crowd. Sara, too, then made with the throng and left to the chilly night air.

As she decided how best to proceed with her evening, she glanced her attention to the once raucous corner. A man remained seated, smiling, holding his empty glass. He was chatting with two other couples. All middle-aged and professional looking, although obviously relaxed having put away a few pints. She watched as the five chatted. Secretly she admired what they had. A good rapport, if only at a work level. Nikki continued to watch as the couples departed, leaving the man alone at the table.

He wore an air of confidence about him. His hair was professional but lively. He had a decent physique - no doubt escaping home to put hours in at a gym. The attire and tie, now hung loosely around his neck, spoke that he worked a position in sales or management, Nikki figured.

She was having fun picking apart and figuring out her target from a distance. Nikki caught herself smiling as he glanced across the bar and locked eyes with hers. She simply watched, expecting him to nod or move on or something. So she was tickled when their moment's exchange resulted in a kind chuckle from him.

Instinctively, on a whim, she patted the barstool where her friend Sara had been seated moments ago. She watched as he slightly cocked his head, an eyebrow partially raised. Then, with a body language that said, "Sure, why not?" the man stood up and made his way to the Nikki, one arm coming to rest on the countertop next to her.

"Care to buy a girl a drink?"

"Oh, no, I shouldn't. I was planning to take off soon anyway."

"Oh, don't be so coy. Allow me." Nikki quickly flagged the attention of the bartender and turned back to her guest. "So, what will it be?"

The man paused. Perhaps it was being put on the spot. Maybe Nikki flicking her hair did some work. Whatever the reason, it gave Nikki the time to muster the courage to continue her pursuit. "I just wanna chat for a bit about what you and your friends were celebrating earlier."

"Ah, yeah. That was a retirement party for Lester. Yeah," he replied, an eagerness in his voice. He turned his attention to the bartender. "Whiskey sour, please."

"Make that two, thank you," Nikki followed, placing a bill on the countertop.

Making himself comfortable, the gentleman seated himself on the stool next to Nikki. "Yeah, good old Lester. A bit of a retirement get together for him, you know? Just a way to see him off."

"Oh, that's nice!"

"Yeah, yeah it was," he said. "One of the 'Old Guard'. Kind of a dying breed." He thanked the barkeep for his drink and took a sip. "Lester was one of a kind. He will be missed."

"It's good to see him off. It's nice that he had people at work like that."

"Where are my manners?" the man abruptly said, in a joking manner. "The name's Ryan."

"Nicole, hi."

"A pleasure to meet you Nicole. Although, I can't imagine you asked me over here about out little outing tonight."

"Well, I'd be lying if I said you didn't catch my eye," Nikki said, shooting Ryan a smile. "You have a bit of pep to you. Like the weight of the world hasn't crushed your spirit yet. I just wanna chat with you," she said with a shrug, taking her own sip from her glass.

His eyes were sizing her up. In Nikki's mind a flurry of reasons as to why exploded in her head. Did he think she was crazy? Was he objectifying her? Maybe he thought she was a whore?

"Well, that's right kind of you," he eventually replied, taking a sip of his own. "Let's not get any rash ideas though. For starters," he said, lifting up his left hand. He wiggled his fingers back and forth, in an effort to get Nikki to notice his wedding band.

"What? A man and a woman can't have a civil chat in this day and age?"

"Well," he said, turning and squaring himself towards Nikki. "Two people can harmlessly chat. Sure. But, well ... you have to be, what, half my age, if not more?"

"What's wrong with that?" Nikki coyly replied. "A gal can't like someone older than her? Maybe 'older' and 'taken' gets my motor running."

Ryan chuckled, all the while keeping his eyes fixed on Nikki's. She shot him a look back. She was playful in her response. But she was serious. That he was spoken for and over twice her age was no longer a concern for her. Not in this mindset. As Ryan read Nikki's determination in her eyes, his smiling chuckle deflated.

"Well, I am flattered", he said, raising his drink in a mock toast. "But, seriously?"

"What? You're handsome. Accomplished. It strikes me that you've got a lot going for you. That's attractive to a woman. And hello," she said, pointing both hands toward herself.

Ryan laughed. "Forward too!"

"Besides," Nikki continued, "You strike me as a decent guy. You like to have fun. I'd wager you had a wild streak back in your heyday, huh? Probably have your share of stories to make a gal blush from back when you were my age? Hmm?"

Another chuckle and a draw from his drink let Nikki know that if she wasn't spot on, she was at least flattering Ryan. "I suppose, back in college. Heh, yeah, I had moment in the sun."

Nikki too sipped from her drink as she imagined the naughty fun a younger Ryan partook. Drunken one-night stands. College parties. A sorority gangbang that old perverts always dream of. A kid unafraid to dive into the realm of kinks and pleasure.

And now he sat next to her. Over twice her age. Wearing another's ring. A father, no doubt. Invested in a world that demand him prim and proper. Observing this, an idea simmered in Nikki - of lighting a fire under his glory days. The prospect of being a catalyst to help him relive those moments stirred a sleeping demon inside her. That Nikki could serve as his secret release, that she could find someone to genuinely play with, tantalized her very existence.

Yet her ambition found itself checked when his smiling expression froze. No doubt Ryan was thinking of where he should be. Of his family.

'No, not now,' Nikki thought. 'I'm just starting to have fun.'

"Want to play a game?" she asked. The out-of-the-blue question caught Ryan by surprise. He responded with a quizzical look, although he refrained from answering. "I was thinking darts. 301. Let's see your game."

"Oh Lord," Ryan replied. He stared off past the countertop. "I don't think I've played darts since I've been married. Speaking of which..."

Nikki cut him off. "I'll tell you what. We'll play a round. If I win, you buy the next round. You win, I'll admit defeat and leave you on your way."

Ryan smirked at her offer. Nikki stared back into his eyes. She saw a sternness in them. One that paired with his middle-aged sensibilities. Of that she expected no less. Yet she also saw a yearning buried behind in the depths of his gaze. It was this she latched on to. It was this repressed desire she knew she needed to bring to the surface. She now needed to appeal to this side of Ryan that lay dormant for too long.

Nikki stood up. "Well, c'mon then Ryan. No time like the present." Grabbing her drink with one arm, she graced the other alongside his. Her eyes attentively watched his, reading his expression as she processed her moves. Nikki felt his eyes on her body as she sauntered her way to the dart board. In times past she might have abhorred her date objectifying her. Now she relished it.

She set up the game as Ryan arose, his drink in tow. The bar darts were in a sorry state. But given their inebriated states and their casual approach, that was less an issue for the pair.

"Ladies first."

Nikki took her stance in front of the dart board. Pinching the first dart between her forefinger and thumb, she leaned forward. She took her time. Flicking her hair. Shifting her hips. Adjusting her torso. All in subtle motion to give Ryan a sight. He had a clear view of her ass now. Nikki gave his tired eyes ample time to drink in her curves while his mouth treated itself with his drink.

After feeling virtually undressed from behind, she let the dart fly. A squeal of glee escaped as dart buried itself with a score of triple-twenty. Ryan complimented her. She smiled back, thanking him with a flustered joy.

Elation turned to being slightly crestfallen as her next dart bounced off, and her third meagerly fell into a simple addition of three. "Aww," she pouted, walking up to the board and extracting the darts. "Alright, champ, let's see your game."

Ryan accepted her handoff. Nikki noticed he was aware of the tender way her hand slid the darts into his. "Champ, heh? Well, I had a run back in the day. Let's see if I can't shake this rust off."

Nikki stood back against the wall. Sipping her drink, she watched as he too adjusted his body, as if to literally shake off rust. Loosening up. Maybe a crack of some joints. It was hard to hear in the typical bar ambiance. He rolled the dart around between his fingers. Getting a grip on things. A few mock throws with his wrist. Squaring himself up to the board. He was taking it seriously.

Nikki was happy to witness his warm-up. 'Good. An honest fight.'

With a flick of the wrist, his dart sailed high, notching a four on the board. She heard him groan. Not quite in defeat, but more a contemplative manner. Then she watched as another toss landed just on the edge of the bullseye for twenty-five. Nikki gave an impressed "Ooooh." It did not deter Ryan's concentration. The third dart sailed and found the triple eighteen score. He gave a fist pump, clearly pleased that he still had some game.

Nikki stepped up as it was her turn once more. "Very nice! I hope I didn't piss you off in challenging you," she coyly added.

"Oh no. I'm enjoying this. I haven't played in so long."

"I'm enjoying it too," she replied, smiling, turning back to the board.

Again Nikki made sure to give Ryan enticing angles to view her body. She made sure not to exceedingly show-off. Offering enough to stir the imagination would do the trick. She hadn't worn anything revealing or spicy when she came to the bar with Sara. Still, Nikki could flaunt what she had. She savored Ryan's backseat comments on how to better posture to improve her accuracy. Nikki had him watching her.

Likewise, she enjoyed being able to take him in on his rounds. A good look at his butt through his work slacks. An estimate of his muscles through his collared dress shirt. How he would square his shoulders and occasionally tense his body. She found herself daydreaming of grabbing him from behind, her hands running under his shirt to feel his body. Her fingers exploring his chest. Of course, it was just a fancy. Nikki hadn't the gusto to be so brazen. At least, not at this stage of the game.

Despite her earlier triumph, Nikki wasn't able to replicate her success. Although she was able to grind her score higher as the rounds went on, it was clear she was outmatched by Ryan's skill at regularly notching doubles and triples that he easily pulled away. All too soon, he was able to notch the seven score to bring his total up to 301 and end the game. He gave another fist pump as Nikki clapped and cheered.

"GGs," Nikki exclaimed as she gave Ryan a high-five. "No need to worry about shaking off that rust, hm?"

"Well, not exactly my best game," he said, going back to finish his drink. "Still a little off. Had trouble keeping the darts up on the board. Not a fan of aiming low. But hey, a win is a win. So why are you looking so down?"

He was commenting on the smile that had melted from Nikki's face. "Well, you did win and I'm a lady of my word. So I have to let you go."

"Well, come on now. You're right, I don't have to buy a round since I bested you. But, hey, it doesn't mean we can't share a celebratory post-game chaser, right?"

Nikki's eyes brightened behind her glass as she likewise finished her drink. Gathering her stuff, she made her way with Ryan back to the counter - their previous seats still unclaimed. Settling in, Ryan motioned for the bartender. As he did so he checked his watch. A solemness overcame his expression. Nikki eyed him as he reached into his pocket, pulled out his cell phone, and began tapping away.

"Another whiskey sour?" Ryan's question was only half-attentive, typing away on his screen.

"Absolutely!"

"A whiskey sour for the lady and a glass of water for myself, please."

The order caught Nikki by surprise. Not that she couldn't rationalize why he would wind down the night. But she was just getting him into her. As Ryan set his phone down, the reality of where they sat settled in to separate them.

"Wife want you home?"

"Well, moreso wondering how much longer I plan to be out."

"A pity," Nikki said, her fingers dancing around the circumference of her drink. "I was hoping to have a little more fun with you."

"For what it's worth, I am having fun. I enjoyed playing with you."

"We should play some more."

"What, like, another game of darts?"

Nikki's eyes squinted a bit as she raised her drink to her lips. "Well, I was hoping to maybe play more games with you."

"What, like pool or something?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of something more frisky or intimate. Maybe a romp in the alley or some backseat action."

Her suggestion definitely left Ryan speechless. He drew a decent amount of water before addressing Nikki, her eyes still locked on his. "You know, uh, maybe I didn't make things clear earlier," he said, holding out his left hand. "I am a married man."

Nikki couldn't be sure if it was the alcohol or her new outlook on relationships. She simply tossed caution to the wind. "I know. I don't care. I want to fuck you."

That his martial vows were not a concern clearly befuddled Ryan. He regained composure after taking another sip. "I'm also have to be, easily, over twice your age."

"I like that," Nikki retorted, shifting in her seat. "Have you seen guys my age? All the good ones are taken or way too career focused to properly entertain a woman. I acted too late. I admit that. But all that's left are a bunch of useless pretenders living out of their parent's basements. They have no direction. They can't hold down a decent job long. It's all about their D and D campaigns or Roblox or whatever bullshit shiny is entertaining them at the moment."

"I mean, c'mon," Nikki continued, leaning back a bit and accentuating her curves with her hands. "Am I not desirable? I keep in shape. I'm sexually adventurous. I can make any man a king among men. An experienced guy like yourself recognizes that. But chumps my age see me as a trophy girlfriend and are content to let me collect dust on the mantle. I could be rocking their world! But they're too busy clicking buttons or living in a fantasy world. If they could pull their heads out of their asses they'd realize that I am their fantasy and I'm right here!"

She paused for a moment. It didn't seem the atmosphere of the bar allowed her voice to travel far. Ryan sat there. Apparently in rapt attention. Finally her chimed in. "I take it you broke up recently."

12