All Comments on 'Penny? Dreadful!'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A decent start

But if this is all there is, then I must say it's completely unfinished. I did find her timing odd. Philip must have known she was leaving her husband and coming to stay with him that day. Why would he be banging some farmer's wife at the time he expected his "girlfriend" to show up? Seems a bit uncouth, if you will. But leaving us with her driving to the hospital and Roger waiting to talk to his therapist the next day seems like nothing going nowhere fast.

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956almost 4 years ago
Please

Tell is there's more to this story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good start...

...but seems like there's a lot more story to tell here. A chapter 2 maybe? Thanx!

Loklie

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Just desserts for a heartless shrew. Thanks for sharing, Mr. Black.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
Penny, Penny, Penny, now whatcha gona do?

At first I was thinking, that fucking bitch and then at the end I couldn't stop laughing. Great story for being so short. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Good story! She most definitely burned herself.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

"Hey honey... I've been fucking your best friend for years, made you have a nervous breakdown, and now I'm leaving you to be with him... but I bought you a Netflix subscription to make up for it. Hope we can still be friends!"

The absurdity of Penny's letter did make me laugh.

This was a good idea for a story, but it was so short and didn't resolve anything. Did you only post half of it by mistake?

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

Very good but seems unfinished. 4 stars

MurfyMurfyalmost 4 years ago
Where is the rest of the story?

It was a good start to a story but every reader is left wondering what is going to happen next. Why would she want anything to do with Phillip after what she found out?

abitshyoneabitshyonealmost 4 years ago
great short

had to laugh at the end ,,, a great little story ,, but ,, i think it needs an ending ,, however it deffinatley got the 5 it deserves ,, thanks for sharing

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago
Short and sweet, and so was the story!

Thanks for this amusing little story.

HighpikeHighpikealmost 4 years ago
What Penny did next

It's begging for a sequel. An alternative crunch might have been for the police to have done a registration check and nailed the lie about her address. A stiff talking to, an on the spot fine and sent back home. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
That’s it?

You’ve only told half a story. If there’s no chapter 2 coming, then you’ve wasted your time as well as mine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story !!

Living just outside of Church Stretton, which isn't far from

the beautiful town of Shrewsbury, it was great to read some

of the places that you refer to, especially the Boat House pub

on the outskirts of the quarry; can't wait to get back there for

a pint overlooking the Severn. A good read, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great

Go to the hospital... and get a good dose of "COVID...Idiotits"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Penny Not Finished...

I enjoyed your premise, however, I too felt the story was left unfinished. Ignore comments concerning overuse of punctuation, it's nice to take a breath while reading.

boatbummboatbummalmost 4 years ago
LMAO!

Thanks very much for this funny little flash. Karma has sharp teeth indeed! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Needs a 2nd chapter

Good build up but seems unfinished. Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

A lot of the story is missing, which makes almost all of the details in the story extraneous and wasted words. I learned more about the Welsh language than I did about what happened.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 4 years ago
Nice job Matt...

...I do hope for a bit more, but my imagination is running full strength. Hey, that’s what you wanted, right?

Tiger27Tiger27almost 4 years ago

"What goes around comes around".

Great story!

5 stars!

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 4 years ago

Can't really grade it until I know there will be a part 2. If this is it three stars if there is a conclusion 4 1/2.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 4 years ago

Yes indeed, it seems very incomplete as it came to an uncertain end. I could make a few comments, but those would just be suggestion on how to tie up the loose ends. As I pondered what more to say, the realization came to me that I really don't care what happens to Penny-dreadful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I realize that this

wasn't intended to be funny, but it actually kept me laughing. The "PS" following the body of the letter? Hilarious. The narrative and dialogue are not merely awkward, they clunk along like a wagon with triangles for wheels. There's a reasonable plot in there somewhere, but it's hard to notice because of the unintentional humor.

This author writes far better than this. During this ridiculous Corona panic I've seen story after story by good authors that are much below standard. Baffling.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Good but seems unfinished

I have to wonder what injuries Philip has - maybe just a concussion and a couple of broken bones or was his equipment hopefully permanently damaged. Penny's life is going down the drain. Roger needs to recover and finds someone new and she can regret for the rest of her miserable life her choices.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
She's a shallow bitch, isn't she?

All that business about buying her husband some entertainment as she leaves him for his best friend is about as shallow as it comes. I expected her to find him dying of COVID, but the farmer worked, too. It leaves her with anger instead of sadness, but it leaves her alone either way. Very good story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I consider myself a bit of a comma fanatic, and I didn't think this overdid the commas. I actually thought that there was one missing!

In any case, I think that Randi would never claim to be perfect, but she is one of the best editors on the site, many of us would say THE best.

I'm not sure if the earlier breakdown should have been in the story, particularly his suspicions of the affair.

BTW, I can understand her printing out the letter, but she couldn't even hand print the envelope?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
wow

Great but far to short.

Needs more chapters.

Were they trying to cause him to suicide?

What about revenge?

Tells us what happens to him as he sounds fragile.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Enjoyed it. No cure for a cheaters deceit. Cymru hello Llanboidy

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Thanks for the memories

I spent several years living near Shrewsbury so thank you for that. Story was a little stilted for you and seemed short but certainly told a decent tale, thanks for that too😀

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Getting Help

Doctor thanks for seeing me, I need your help in determining why I'm such a poor judge of character.

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
WTF!

Did your fingers get tired? It was a barely mediocre story to begin with but to leave it like you did. Pitiful writing regardless of the smoke being blown up your ass by others.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Roger should buy Phil a Pint

Roger should buy his best friend a pint at the pub when he get's out of hospital for saving him from a slut wife and then take his outside and ba=eat the piss out of him for being such a snake. 5*

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
Strange

Not at all a satisfying story. Beginning , middle and ending a worthless effort. Dreadful indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
HMMMMM - that’s it?

Is this a teaser for a story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Will there be a sequel

Story feels unfinished

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
Silly girl

What will you do now? Everyone will know what you did. No one will take your side or let you stay with them. Will homeless shelters take in people during the lockdown?

tizwickytizwickyalmost 4 years ago

Good start but left as is it is very incomplete. I look forward to further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is good

Please continue with this. You definitely need to do a part 2 please this is just what I need to keep me going. This is just getting juicy I want to know what the dumbest bitch is going to do now since the stupid bitch has burned all her bridges . This is just getting better by the second and need to find out how bad her lover is hope he had his balls blown off that would be nice to see . I love BTB stories they are just fantastic because they make a mockery of this thing called being a cuckold is great thing . Being a cuckold is like being called scum on the bottom of your shoe that no red blooded male ever wants to be. So giving him all the tv things that is a kick in the teeth I just love to know what she does now. Will she go grovelling back to her other half doubt full. Will she go to a friend not a chance because of the stay at home thing. So come on make a part 2 I’d love to see how this dumb bitch copes .

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Well ... not exactly an LW situation, according to my standard ( which it that it has to involve the effect of the ‘adventurous’ behavior on the marital relationship.) Close, however! BUT ... Really lacking on the ‘erotica’ in litEROTICA! The biggest quibble, however, is that Sweetie is either as CLUELESS as Hubby, or is a hopeless optimist. As the trio are presented to We-The-Readers, they have known each other for a long and close time. Phylip (I like it) is an inveterate bounder, skirt-chaser, player!

She should have seen evidence of this for years! “I will fix this guy because he is so much in love with me that he will change his player-stripes into pinstripes and we will live happily ever after!” Hell, anyway, Sweetie was going to cheat on Phylip (perhaps even with Robert.) If there IS a Ch2 being considered, getting herself back into Roger’s bed as the cucker, rather than the cuckold, would earn a buncha red hearts!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Good story! I guess she got what she deserved in the end. Hopefully, the husband will never take her back.

5

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years agoAuthor

Couple of notes. The story was not intended to be funny, but, as with several of my stories, it was meant to be amusing.

And why wasn't the story finished? Because it's not over yet. The events depicted took place two weeks into the lockdown. And the lockdown isn't over yet.

klrsnklrsnalmost 4 years ago

Is it finished? I think I'm missing a page or two!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 4 years ago
It resolved everything

She kicked him in the head (figuratively) and severed the ties that bind. He’s not taking her back, Philip Is damaged goods. Odds are Philip (If he lives) will take her in for cooking and sex, until they tier of one another.

The rest of this very good compact story is the rest of their lives

Chilleywilley

tnoldguytnoldguyalmost 4 years ago

The plot was good, but her letter was a bit tedious in the reading. The ending was also a bit abrupt.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 4 years ago
Not much of a story

It was too short really to enjoy it, and felt rather flat. It might have Covid 19 as a theme in it, but it really didn't have much to do with it, other than Penny saying she couldn't stand being in lockdown with her husband or the reference to streaming services. It is otherwise a conventional story, the wife found the soulmate, it wasn't husband's fault, then she find out that her lover is a cheat *imagine that*, so we have a twist, and an incredibly stupid wife. We don't even get to see the husband's glee when he finds out she got what was coming or see her confront Phil, maybe stuff a pillow over her face.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Part 2?

Needs a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A Hubby without emotion?

Hubby took the news well. I guess it is the British stiff upper lip, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hi from Jedd Clampett (carvohi/FirstBorn374)

A few remarks...

The story read well. I didn't sense an excess of commas.

This does need a sequel. Penny has no place to go but back to Roger. There'd be an interesting quasi-confrontational scene. I could imagine Penny trying to put a good face on things, but Roger not going into the usual whys and how could yous. I'd like to see Roger play it cool. Plus with Prince Philip being such a wonderful alternative Roger's fidelity would look mighty unsettling for Penny. Heck, he'd have his daily counseling with Diane Penny could surreptitiously listen in on. Roger could really lay the I've loved her so much thick. Talk about a guilt trip! I think you could have a lot of fun with a sequel. I wouldn't go for the BTB though; it would be superfluous, but I'd like to see Philip get the virus.

I gave the story a five. I had a good time. I'll have an even better time reading a sequel.

Thanks,

Jedd Clampett

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
Nice comeuppance

Roger didn't even need to burn the bitch. She did it to herself. Great ending. *****

stev2244stev2244almost 4 years ago

Fun little story with a lot of local color. Or local colour, whatever. Well done, Matt.

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 4 years ago
Always loved self-btb's

And this is a succinct example of one. I don't see the need personally for a second chapter, as it's all laid out here, at least the parts that needed to be laid out.

5/5

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 4 years ago

Hubby was totally nonplussed with the letter and you stated he suspected she was fucking around. Why would he need to get therapy except he was fucking the therapist.

All rather disjointed. Aversge story.

ErosRising69ErosRising69almost 4 years ago

Nice story. Would love to see a second chapter where Penny goes home, claiming the letter was an April Fool’s joke that she and Phil were going to play on him, but decided not to during the Pandemic. Fun ensues before hubby figures out she wasn’t joking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Makings

This had the makings of a good story it had carried on,but left where it is it is a nothing story.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Delightful

Matt-man, you have created a delightfully confused bitch as the main character. Clearly, most commenters believe Roger is the MC and fail to see the humor. We can imagine how completely Penny will be forced into "social distancing" in the future. Keep 'em comin'.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good one. Would have been good for the April fools contest. Or maybe it was?

Njones53Njones53over 3 years ago

Good story, great concept, and execution. Yet I still feel that the ending was too abrupt and left the story dangling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not a bad start

Where is the rest?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cheating can some times cost more than you want it to pay....

She left her husband...and what she got for it...was a surprise.....and the ending stinks for this story............

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
South

Shrewsbury is South of Birmingham,not North.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years agoAuthor
Actually Shrewsbury is North West of Birmingham

Birmingham is in the West Midlands, Shrewbury is the county town of Shropshire.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
What a Hoot!

MattblackUK, your "amusing" is hilarious. Poor Penny is raving delusional. She tossed over her life for a serial cheater, but by God she left him with Netflix! And now she is on her way to the hospital to give Phillip the ole what-for. Many thanks for the chuckles this early morning. I start my day with a smile.

Keep 'em comin'.

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 2 years ago

That was a surprise!! A story situated in my local area!! Thank you very much 👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the vey unexpected twist, leaving her completely hanging.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Penny will now find out just how dreadful her life is.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

Unfinished story, so much more to tell

3/5

william48william48about 2 years ago

Great story with a nice little chuckle at the end. Exiting to find a bilingual writer on Literotica!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A fine tale with a nice chuckle. Only problem is, what with it being in lockdown she wouldn't have been allowed to visit Phil in hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wheel of Fortune!

Wales: I'd like to buy a vowel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Real example of karma, don’t even think of going back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another nice setup without an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It needs to be finished

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
good start

please btb

MattblackUKMattblackUK11 months agoAuthor

Here's an update of a sort. The Crown is no longer called The Crown. It'd been refurbished and is now called The Coleham Tap. But more expensive, though the food is as good as ever. Had a very tasty Neckoil IPA with my Cowboy burger!

Bry1977Bry197710 months ago

wheres the rest of the damn story??????

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That was a pretty stupid ending.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

Oh good one, funny.

NoBullAlNoBullAl6 months ago

Again and Again I keep saying……

IF YOU CANT FINISH THE DAMN STORY DON’T POST IT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

An unusual but quite satisfactory slice of life. Five stars!

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Karma at its best.

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Love a happy ending. Karma wins this one.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny7 days ago

Instant Karma's gonna get you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later