All Comments on 'Penumbrials Ch. 00: First Contact'

by SciFurz

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
tjb50caltjb50calover 6 years ago
interesting...

good so far...keep going....

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@tjb50cal

Have over 10000 words so far on Patreon, is that keep going enough for you? :-)

I also have no idea how long it'll become. So far Adalet almost bumped into Dormin while coming out of the shower naked, he and her found and saved the fox from kidnapping, he saw the women sleeping naked after which they saw his tight behind, he retrieved laptops from her home in a very stinky disguise and they planned on questioning an engineer before the women got so drunk they flirted with him to their embarrassement.

There's still several things that need to happen for the episode to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
For once

Could you please post more than 2 pages on your story.

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous seeking extension ;-)

Oh, I think I will, once. :-p

You're in luck, this part's a teaser and I planned on releasing the whole episode at once after I've finished it. See above about the progress on Patreon.

As for other works, depends on how long chapters will be.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 6 years ago
A couple of UK/US "Issues"

Very enjoyable! But...

In case you were unaware: The floors/stories within buildings are numbered differently in the UK than they are in the USA.

1. In the UK, the floor which is level with the ground outside (and is generally the floor by which you enter the building) is called The GROUND Floor. In the USA, it is usually called The FIRST Floor.

If you go from that floor UP one floor...

UK: You would be on the FIRST Floor.

USA: You would be on the SECOND Floor.

In the beginning of this chapter, Our Hero enters the GROUND Floor of a building, and then goes UP to the FIRST Floor.

Although this is perfectly correct to a UK reader, a USA reader, if not aware of the UK way of numbering floors in a building, is likely to assume that you made a mistake, and that your editor didn't catch it.

Although you did nothing wrong, you might want to find a way to describe it which would make sense to people on BOTH SIDES of "the pond". One possibility: say that he enters on the GROUND Floor (even us bloody Yanks know what THAT is...) and then say that he then goes up to the NEXT Floor (thus neatly sidestepping the possible confusion of the FIRST/SECOND Floor thing) Another way could be to give that floor a 'name', based on its function, such as "The SECURITY Floor"

2. WHAT'S THE STOREY??

At a couple of points, you refer to the floors of a building as "STOREYS". Although not necessarily a "UK thing", it is somewhat archaic, and USA readers, familiar with the spelling "STORIES" (singular: "STORY"), might take it for a spelling error on your part. If UK readers are familiar with the US Spelling, perhaps using it instead would make for smoother reading for all.

-Rei

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 6 years ago
Oh, and...

Possibly another UK/US "thing":

Penumbrials

If you are referring to the shadow phenomenon during an eclipse, the word is "Penumbrals" (with no "I") (At least it is in the US). Of course, if you are coining a word specific to the world in which your story is set, you can spell it anyway you want!

-Rei

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ ReiDeBastos

Oh, I've been aware of that ground/first floor/storey cofusion for a long time. ;-)

It's not the only UK/US thing since the Queen's English has some different spelling at times than the yank's english and I even had a short discussion with someone who claimed using single quotes for dialog was wrong and I had to use double quotes. :-)

I've pondered shortly about the floor/storey thing and for now just used what I grew up with. I can always change it later after I've completed the first draft and have more time to mull over various things. Besides, this all isn't happening on this Earth. There's no UK/US. ;-)

Reminds me of the United Space of America article on tvtropes.org and why so many expect to see US culture everywhere. The way things are going it'll probably turn out to be China dominated in reality though. :-p

And the name PENUMBRIALS is related to, but does not mean the penumbra directly. Writer's privilege. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Plenty of comments already, I'm just eger for the next chapter.

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ eager anonymous

Currently at 13000 words into this episode and I'm not even sure if I'm halfway done or not. Thinking maybe three or four daily updates on Patreon before the first draft is done and then editing before posting it all here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
from Anonymous-E, interesting story

Interesting story, continue on.

Couple of updates on my foxgirl story: 1. The main antagonist, a slave trader and his goons. They attacked her home and killed most of tribe and capture some, two fox children, and the Slave Master (the boss) has a couple of nasty Hyena men. And I do mean nasty.

2. The foxgirl and her human partner's love develops but not until the end of their search.

3. The story is both sci-fi and exotica, but under the level of your other stories like Meeting, Winter Warmth and stuff in the sex scene(s).

More updates to come

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous-E

Ah, good, good. The plot thickens. :-)

We've got some main ingredients now, and the erotic bit could only come at the end (hah, pun!) for it to make sense. :-)

I've added it now to a file I named fox_hunt, to give it a working title.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 6 years ago
Good stuff

I'm guessing the title is from penumbra, the half-way mark between full light and full darkness (or full shadow). Do I win a warm fuzzy? Oh, wait. A warm fuzzy means something totally different with you.

Looking forward to the next exciting chapter (tale of a tail?) from SciFurz. 5* Slainté

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ TJSkywind

Correct! Explanation will come in the new episode titled Penumbra. (I posted the basic plot for starters on Patreon)

And you can have a warm fuzzy depending on the definition of fuzzy. Because it's kinda fuzzy to me. But then I must be good at it because people often can't follow me after 10 seconds of conversing with me.

Anyways, submitted the entire pilot episode to replace the teaser, will probably take a few days before it's live here.

Slainté agad-sa!

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
FYI @ everyone

Full episode is submitted, should replace this one in a few days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
from Anonymous-E

Any updates on Meeting, Daily Life, and other stories of yours coming?

Any important ideas of my foxgirl story you need to further the plot?

What else does the Great SciFurz have in store?

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous-E

I'm waiting for the drawing of Avia to be approved here (seems to takes

a long time now), as well as the portrait of Adalet that I submitted yesterday.

After that either Meeting or Daily Life.

I think the basic plot is there for the story, the only thing missing is loads of time to wrie everything. ;-)

Currently working on episode 22 of Daily Life and episode 01 of PENUMBRIALS. Once those are done what comes next depends on how things are at that time.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 6 years ago
Aha!

The episode I read only had two pages. Then I saw episode 1, and re-checked this one, and found not two but six pages. That was sneaky!

So this explains a few things, and now I can go back and read chapter one. Really well done. It is darker than your previous stories. And hopefully the lack of action by the governor should make the three of them suspicious.

Thanks for sharing. 5* Slainté

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ TJSkywind

I like surprises. As long as I'm not the victim. :-)

It's darker indeed, and will be even darker later, so be prepared.

Slainté agad-sa!

StaukerStaukerover 6 years ago
Three stars

I'm sorry, but I can't give it anymore. Too many cliche

baileytommybaileytommyover 4 years ago
Cops

I don't like cop movies or story,don't get me wrong I'm a big supporter of police but not for my entertainment

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSciFurz@SciFurz
Check the changelog for announcements on published e-books and chapter releases, drawings, and other writing and art: https://scifurz.wordpress.com (also if you want to support me) and there's https://mastodon.art/@scifurz as well for daily micro fiction. Enjoy your reading...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES