All Comments on 'Perfect Timing'

by Smuttyandfun

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
ArediaArediaabout 3 years ago

Very nice story - thanks! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story. Just the right balance of humour and humanity. It cheered me right up on a dreary Monday morning. And I learned where I’ve gone wrong in life too...I always take the stairs!

ewill86ewill86about 3 years ago

A wonderful, well-crafted story - a 5, indeed. Also, perhaps a paragon story for a Monday morning, when there is at least a hint in the air that America may be honestly longing to re-form around the things and the the ideals that have made us great, rather than the deceptions, distortions, and horrors that have been such an inhumane plague recently. Well done, indeed!

DaddysgirlflDaddysgirlflabout 3 years ago

Really nice! Loved the romance!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

what a wonderful story of broken hearts finding each other and living in bliss forever.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Great Love Story, I enjoy happy endings. Glad you didn't drag out the misunderstanding twist. Just a light fun to read story with just a little sex. What's wrong with that? Five stars in my book! Thanks for sharing this fantasy with your friends.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

While I truly did appreciate the overall quality of the story and the writing - definitely a cut above the norm here - as a well-published writer and editor, please let me encourage you to get yourself a good editor.

Every writer at every level needs one, and any professional you read has at least one.

Thanks for an enjoyable read.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 3 years ago

Delightful.

Poignant in places, hilarious in others, word pictures one could not only visualize but identify with. The art of the storyteller expressed through their characters! Well done rollercoaster romance. A good romance should warm the soul, tickle the funny-bone, and draw a tear. Your’s does. Congratulations ***** !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I gave this story 4 stars as I think the final confusion with Mitch was incredibly contrived. He wouldn't have a job with behavior like that. Otherwise, this was a wonderful love story.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112about 3 years ago

You have knocked this one way out of the ballpark! Although I think it is in the wrong category. 5 HUGE stars!

THANK YOU

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago

Very ordinary

The plot was predictable and the dialog trite. The characters were so standard that I could almost say in advance what they'd do next. The need for an editor was very obvious, but otherwise the writing was clear. It certainly did not need 6 pages although it would have worked except that it didn't hold my attention and I was forced to skim in the middle. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm in total agreement with "old Sade". unputdownable

jlg07jlg07about 3 years ago

Too many Rolling eyes, but a really nice romantic story.

Rounding_ThirdRounding_Thirdabout 3 years ago

I definitely enjoy your long burn stories the most. So much of what great sex better than good sex is the connection between the two people, and you did a very good job of building that. Great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story loved it.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 3 years ago

Hi, S&f, here from the OtJ challenge. I don’t usually read comments before reading a story but since you’d mentioned one in particular, I read them for frame of reference this time. In my view, you did a great job with the initial setup which established a general path for the remainder of the story. Yes, there were some somewhat predictable parts but they weren’t boringly so as someone seemed to insinuate and because of the general direction at the outset, of course it’s going to be either a little predictable or a disjointed roller coaster if not. No, to me, this was a sweet romance with some ups and downs (haha) that end up getting the couple to a happy place in life and a smile on the reader’s face that it all turned out as it did. I’ll admit I like happy-ever-after endings and this was a very good one. Thanks for writing and for sharing such a nice, sweet tale. 5*

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 3 years agoAuthor

Glad you enjoyed this. It was fun to write. And it's nice to read such positive comments.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago

Lovely story, Thought there might be a little more drama after the Mitch incident, eg. Grace, with Richard's connivance, having to track him down to the lakeside house. It's a good length with an incredible beginningbeing stuck in an elevator, a nice build up, a couple of surprises and a sweet epilogue type ending. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth 5 stars.

Starryeyes_77Starryeyes_77almost 3 years ago

I LOVE the way you switched back and forth between Will and Grace’s point of view. I’ve read this story several times and it gets better each time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The scene where they’re tasting the inedible salad had me laughing uncontrollably. Even now, a while after I first read it, just thinking about it makes me giggle a little. Unquestionably the funniest thing I’ve read on Lit. Great story. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601over 1 year ago

Well. . . This story developed rather like a Hallmark movie, but with sex.

Now, that’s usually an insulting comparison when I use it (and I use it often) but not intended as such here.

The plot tropes were predictable, but somehow the character development brought it to a higher level.

If someone can’t appreciate a good romance, does he even have a soul?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The dumb bitch allowed Mitch to be forward with her!!

AnonimousOtherAnonimousOther3 months ago

"self-conscience" should be "self-conscious". Otherwise lovely story

MorefuninthesunMorefuninthesun15 days ago

I love reading your stories. The one thing I have noticed is that there is a wonderful story going and the ending seems a bit rushed. For instance, in this story Will came back and then proposed and got married and kids all within a few paragraphs whereas the two of them meeting took at least double that. It would have been nice to see their relationship develop through the work- life balance. Has coworkers treated her differently. What was their life like at the cabin. And so on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSmuttyandfun@Smuttyandfun
'Off the Clock' my 2nd entry in the On The Job Challenge will be published on April 23rd, and I hope you'll enjoy this one, too! 'Caught in the Act' my On The Job Challenge entry will be published on April 20th. I hope you enjoy it! 'Lucky Charm' my April Fools' Contest en...

SIMILAR Stories