All Comments on 'Perfection Vs. Forgiveness'

by AmberSolis

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The author has a most excellent understanding of the human condition in all its variations. Five well-earned stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a lot of these comments tell me is that there are a lot of people with no flexibility in them. Flexibility doesn't me being a pushover, it doesn't mean you just compromise everything you are and give up everything. Flexibility is the ability to move just enough to survive the storm, and to not fail catastrophically. Flexibility means you bend a little bit, instead of breaking completely.

In this context it means acknowledging that every single person in this story is flawed and made mistakes. Every single person in this comments thread is flawed and has made mistakes. How you react to your own mistakes, and to the mistakes of those around you is a choice. It's rarely black and white, there are infinite shades of grey.

For every unforgivable cheater, there are multiple people who do deserve forgiveness, who truly regret their decisions, who want to do everything they can to rebuild their relationships.

Bottom line, try adding a little flexibility into your own construction, so you can survive the storms, and if others grant you a little grace for your mistakes, pass that along when someone wrongs you and is trying to make amends.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAmberSolis@AmberSolis
I'm a woman who has been around the block more than a few times. I write mostly light-hearted stuff usually centered around lesbians, mutual-consent incest between adults, group sex. I do write some darker, non-consent stories, but even those usually end happily. My stories a...