Petra's Tale Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't like him?"

"I do, I just get tired of being treated like a trampoline," I fiddled with the tie at my waist, "he wants to get serious and he's even talked of us getting our own place but I'm so not going there, not with him at any rate."

"I know the feeling," she sighed.

"You wanna stay the night?" I laid back with my head on the armrest of the couch and one foot on the other armrest.

"I can't, I have to get home."

"To what?" I nudged her leg with my foot, "you're out of home, it's not like you have to report to your housemates for fuck's sake. Just call whoever you have to so they don't worry," I eyed her, "no pressure but if you stay then I've got an excuse to tell him to go home for the night, otherwise he'll stay here and leave his socks on the floor and the toilet seat up."

"What if," she bit her lip.

"What if what?" I raised an eyebrow, "you're staying the night, you can sleep on the couch or with me but it's no big deal."

"I have a class tomorrow," she replied, "and I can't turn up in my uniform."

"Maybe not the tie," I kicked her gently, "but it'd give you a chance to put your feet up, unwind and have a drink or don't have a drink."

I put my foot on her knee and left it there.

"What do you say?"

"Okay," she nodded, "I'll stay but if it's going to cause problems."

"It won't," I promised.

Brave words because Gary was fucked off that he was being kicked out of the house for the night.

"I've been fucking drinking, what if I'm pulled up?"

"Get a fucking cab," I replied.

In the end he rang a mate who was relatively sober and that left me alone with Alicia, which seemed perfectly logical to me at the time. I considered myself pretty stable and mature, for a twenty year old woman, but I'd misread the situation completely because Alicia was attracted to me. In the back of mind when I look back I had acknowledged that on face value without thinking about the long term consequences.

Putting aside the fact that I'd just been shit canning my boyfriend behind his back, the atmosphere became a little more erotic when you take into account the fact I'd just been fucking him and was suitably turned on. You know what it's like when you've just had good sex and Gary could satisfy a woman, he may not have been as experienced as some guys I'd known but he knew how to turn me on and touch all the right buttons. Thus, when Alicia followed me into the bedroom an hour later and I just dropped the dressing gown it must have looked like an invitation, especially when I looked over my shoulder and smiled.

"I hope you're not worried about me sleeping naked."

"No," she knelt on the bed whilst I threw myself on top of it and then rolled onto my side, "that's fine with me."

"I've got spare nighties in the top drawer," I glanced at the chest of drawers, "help yourself."

She didn't reply as I pulled the duvet aside and slipped beneath it and I caught the hesitation in her eyes.

"Hey," I patted the duvet, "I won't be offended if you sleep on the couch but it's gonna be a cold night and two bodies beneath the duvet will keep us warm."

Alicia undid her tie and then stood up and turned around to face the mirrored wardrobe doors. The landlord had installed these floor to ceiling sliding doors in the master bedroom and so I had a good view of Alicia as she unbuttoned her blouse and undid her trousers. As I've already mentioned I was still horny and that was what I was thinking about, which explained the crooked smile on my face although she read something else into it entirely.

"Something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," I rolled onto my back, "I've had a root and feeling mighty relaxed."

"Oh, of course," she dropped the trousers and sat down to take them off.

Alicia's way of putting on the nightie she chose was significant because she put it on over her bra and panties and then removed them. I didn't say anything to this because she looked embarrassed and when she slid beneath the duvet I rolled over onto my side to look at her.

"So, just out of girlish curiosity and I promise I won't laugh or tell another living soul. How far have you gone with someone?"

Alicia stared at the ceiling and then closed her eyes.

"You're asking me that now that we're in bed?"

"So, I'll get out of bed and ask you. I'm just curious."

"No one," she opened her eyes, "that time I told you about in school it was just a kiss or two, my mum caught us and screamed the house down."

"Fuck me," I rolled onto my back, "that's heavy shit, I'm not going to shit can your mum but that's no way to raise a child."

"That's what my counsellor told me," she replied.

"A Christian counsellor?" I rolled my head to look at her.

"No, she was a therapist, an atheist from what I can work out. She was quite helpful in my first year of college, I really liked her."

"Enough to fuck her?"

"What?" Alicia propped on her elbows, "my therapist?"

"Simple question, sorry."

"Yes," she fell backwards, "I used to think about what it would be like with her, but Anna was quite happy in her relationship with a guy and I'm not the cheating kind."

"Me neither," I smirked, "although with Gary we're not exactly an item so it's not really cheating as far as I can see," and in response to the look on her face I nudged her.

"Relax for fuck's sake, don't look as if I'm going to feel you up, pleasant dreams," I leaned over and brushed my lips across her cheek, "and your secret is safe with me," and with that I rolled onto my other side and fell asleep. I awoke in the wee small hours of the morning to find Alicia sitting on the edge of the bed and thinking she was feeling anxious I sleepily asked if she was okay.

"I'm fine," she slipped under the duvet again, "I went for a piss."

She moved over next to me and stayed on her back, I draped an arm around her and promptly fell asleep. It wasn't until just recently when we got back together that I discovered the truth. Alicia hadn't been to the toilet. She'd actually decided to get out of bed and get dressed and just go home, so strong was the urge inside her.

But I was blissfully unaware of that at the time and the next morning I loaned her a skirt with an elastic waistband to go with the white blouse instead of her work trousers. I was aware she was looking at me a little differently, almost the same way as Amanda used to do whenever she stayed over. It felt both familiar and vaguely exciting because I was already thinking about the present I was going to buy her.

***

Weddings have a reputation for being the venue where couples decide to get hitched for real and where future couples first notice each other and Amanda and Freda's wedding was no different. For a start the venue itself was conducive to romance. It was a large log house that had been converted from a six bedroom house into a function hall and base for two local charities who had offices in the old bedrooms. It was set on 200 hectares of land and the trustees rented out the surrounding land as agistment for horse owners, who used the renovated stables and a circular riding track. Once a year a heritage group hold an old time festival with events such as dray races with bullock teams, and a horse race. Not the kind you're used to with silks and big racehorses, the horses are brumbies, the horse bred for Australian conditions and the riders wear traditional cowboy clothes. There is also a ferret race, I'm not kidding, they have networks of plastic plumbing pipes that the owners hit with sticks to coax or frighten their ferrets to the finish line.

But I digress yet again!

Because I was a bridesmaid I had to go to Amanda's house to oversee the preparations, leaving Alicia with mum, who had promised to find something that would be appropriate for a wedding. Mum has always been the gracious host and I appreciated her efforts because she also had to get ready herself. What I didn't know of course, but found out later was that mum had told Alicia a lot more about my relationship with Amanda over the years.

Nevertheless, that was far from my mind as I helped Amanda prepare herself for her big day and I must admit I felt a little saddened and happy that my best friend was getting hitched before me. It seemed she'd really come along in leaps and bounds since I sent her on her way and it showed in her calm demeanour.

The wedding was presided over by an openly gay woman who was also a horse owner, she'd moved to Traralgon the year I started at university and bought a property outside of town where she kept horses, her girlfriend ran a shelter for abandoned horses. They'd become well and truly part of the community because they were both from the country themselves. The fact they were out and proud made them the butt of the usual jokes from younger guys, but they gave as well as they got and when Lizzie registered as a civil celebrant she swiftly found her books full. Everyone who wanted to appear to be up with the times wanted to be married by a real lesbian.

I'd seen her and her partner of course when I went home once a month or so, but to be honest I'd never seen Lizzie so elegantly attired. Usually whenever I saw her she was dressed casually in a flannel shirt and moleskin trousers, the ubiquitous country attire, although I'd seen her in a dress once when she and Joan went out for dinner with friends. This sunny May afternoon she wore a black skirt and elegant white blouse complete with matching collar tie. I recall staring at her and feeling faintly aroused. Lizzie was always mannish even though she had a good figure, mum was impressed because she leaned over to nudge dad who was also staring at her.

I caught a glimpse of my parents and Alicia as I followed Amanda up the aisle that had been marked off with white silk ribbons. I waved to her and she returned the wave, and then we were past her and approaching the dais. Lizzie gave me the once over before turning to the main event, the union of two women.

Amanda and Freda had written their own vows, which were similar to the traditional till death do us part mantra. I listened intently but part of me was focused on Lizzie because of the way she was dressed and when the ceremony was over and I turned around I had the weirdest feeling that Alicia had been checking me out. Granted I was looking suitably fabulous in a pale peach dress and pink shoes! Mum had loaned Alicia a cream dress with three black buttons at the bodice, the elasticised waistband was obscured by a wide black leather belt with brass buckles. The outfit was finished off with a pale blue, chiffon wrap.

"You look beautiful," I whispered in her ear some time later as Amanda and Freda posed for their pictures.

"Thanks," she squinted at the happy couple by the car, "I love her dress."

"The dress belonged to mum's sister, seeing as her parents are a touch homophobic. Amanda was almost a permanent fixture at our joint, she even calls my mum her second mum," I glanced at Alicia.

She was staring at Lizzie, who had just kissed the photographer and playfully slapped her buttocks. "Hey, dreamboat," I slipped an arm around her, "wake up Australia, Tasmania's catching up."

"Is she?" Alicia stared at Lizzie who was standing next to the photographer.

"That's Lizzie the Lezzie, our local celebrant, I'll introduce you later," I murmured, "and that's her partner Joan with the camera, they do a lot of weddings but this is the first time I've been at one they're doing."

"I think I'm in love," she fanned herself.

"Easy," I murmured, "eyes on the main event."

The reception was a blast. All our school friends turned up, which was a testament, so I was told by a tipsy Amanda, to my faithful friendship. It was a compliment I was somewhat reluctant to receive but she was tipsy, I was happy for her and Freda and in retrospect I can see where she was coming from but I was trying hard not to become the centre of attention. In all honesty and I know the truth doesn't always come out when you're drunk but Amanda was merely showing gratitude and it would take me years to accept praise without trying to find some wriggle room.

Moving on however, when we got home mum decided to prune her wardrobe before she and Ron went out to the RSL for his regular Saturday night drinks. After seeing how well one of her old dresses looked on Alicia it just made sense to donate a few other items to a needy cause, namely my new best friend. Ron took advantage of our girl time to take in the football replay on the telly, he'd sacrificed the live radio broadcast to come to the wedding.

I actually thought mum had been diagnosed with some terminal illness because she off loaded quite a few clothes, blouses, tops, skirts and dresses. We actually needed to haul a spare suitcase out of the shed to fit them all in. Some of the clothes went back quite a few years, in her younger years when mum was a solicitor's aide she used to go to op shops for second hand clothes and she had an eye for fashion and a bargain. One item caught Alicia's eye, a white ruffle blouse made of chiffon but with a silk backing to hide the obvious. It fastened at the top with a gold button and had a contrasting black half collar and the cuffs were also black.

"It's beautiful," Alicia examined herself in the mirror, "I always wanted something like this, are you sure you want to get rid of it?"

"Of course," mum looked up from the bed, "it's a beautiful blouse but it brings back bad memories, the last time I wore that was when your father told me he wanted to take some time out. I nearly burned the bloody thing in protest."

"So now you're giving it to my girlfriend," I smiled crookedly.

"Well it's all going to a good home, and now that I've taken on a new junior partner it's time to broaden my horizons and take some time out for me. You could wear that skirt with it," she picked up a dark brown A-line skirt, "but even jeans will go with it."

"Yeah, like those jeans I wore last night," she glanced at the door, "excuse me a moment," and with that she left the room.

"Why are you doing this, mum?" I asked as soon as Alicia was out of earshot.

"Doing what?" Mum rose and walked to the open wardrobe, "you make it sound like I'm doing a bad thing."

"You're not, I'm just you know, curious."

"I'm helping one of your friends. Amanda was as much a daughter to me as you were, Alicia kind of reminds me of her in a way. I don't mean gay although it's hard to tell these days," she lifted down a dress and examined it.

"I used to worry so much about you, not that you were a bad kid but you used to befriend kids I thought were a bit of a handful. Amanda used to look like a deer caught in the headlights but now look at her, you did that," she looked at me.

"You don't know the effect you have on people and that's probably a good thing, otherwise you'd have trouble fitting your head through the doorway. I don't know much about Alicia, just what I learned today but she really looks up to you."

I opened my mouth to reply but then I heard Alicia approaching and shut it again. She came back in as she finished fastening the jeans.

"My, my," mum took a step towards the bed, "now why didn't I think of that? That looks fantastic, really, Alicia."

"Thank you," she knelt on the bed, "are you sure you want to give it away?"

"Positive," mum's eyes shifted as Ron's scream came through the wall.

"Fucking hit the bastard!"

"Besides, if I wasn't through here doing this I'd be sitting in the same room as Ron. I'll never understand that bloody game, I thought blood sports were outlawed."

She knelt on the bed and regarded the open suitcase as she fiddled with the dress, it was a short, black cocktail dress and leaned back on my elbows.

"You're going to give her that? It's your favourite dress."

"No I'm not," she smiled crookedly, "I'm going to wear it tonight. What are you two girls doing tonight?"

"I don't know," I looked down at myself, "I'm all dressed for success," I glanced at Alicia.

"Ron's going to be talking bullshit with his old army mates and mum will be playing the pokies, if you want to come it's okay. Otherwise we'll be babysitting with Paula."

"You'll be on your own," mum replied, "Jacinta is going to her girlfriend's place and Paula is going out with Peter tonight, we're going to drop them off on the way and they're going to make their own way back."

"Um," Alicia looked doubtful, "I'd rather stay here, you guys need some time together."

"I live with him," mum rolled her eyes, "how much more time can I have with him?"

She shifted off the bed and stood up.

"You've got until seven thirty to decide," she checked her watch, "now I have to freshen up, Petra honey, can you take that case through to your room and make sure Jacinta has packed her overnight bag."

By the time I came through to the bedroom Alicia was sitting on my bed with her back to the wall and a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Well?" I laid on the bed and propped my head on my palm, "it's all up to you. It's not a bad night to be honest, Ron likes a drink but he's a pleasant drunk. He just likes to get mellow and mum sits at the poker machines and feeds them."

"What do you want to do?"

"Huh?" Our eyes met, "now that's something I haven't heard in a while. Usually it's someone else like Gary deciding we're going to go somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm no doormat, I'm just so laid back it's obscene. Which explains why Gary gets to come around for a root whenever he wants," I rolled onto my back.

"Mum always says that getting an argument out of me is like watching the grass grow, you know there's something swirling below the surface but it takes so long to bubble over that she just gives up in disgust and concedes defeat."

"My mum is the opposite, always on the offence."

"Yeah, mine's much the same," I giggled, "just at Christmas and New Year. She goes into manic mode at the start of December and just won't stop until the first week of January when it's all over bar the shouting."

"Can we stay here instead?"

"Sure thing," I reached out and grabbed her leg, "we'll make ourselves something to eat, grab a DVD and just chill out."

"You don't mind?"

"Mind? God no," I pinched my nose, "I love Ron and I get on all right with his mates but some of the guys down the RSL aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. They see a woman in the same room and all the blood drains out of their brain and into their dicks."

And now it's time to stop writing. I need to talk to Alicia about this next part because there are some things that are a bit hazy due to the fact I'd been drinking.

***

Okay, I'm back and it's the following day. You didn't even think I'd been gone that long did you? I had a talk to my other half about what happened between us that night and she's adamant that while we did kiss on the couch for a while it was nowhere near as long as I'd originally thought. Funny how time distorts things, I could have sworn it was closer to half an hour. She also reminded me of the pavlova, which is a much loved Australian dessert made with a meringue base and filled with a soft creamy centre topped off with whipped cream and a variety of fruits. Its origins though are somewhat disputed as both Aussies and Kiwis both claim to have invented it, although it's very popular on both sides of the ditch.

Moving on though, once we decided to stay home for the night I changed out of my bridesmaid dress and into a denim mini skirt and a Western style shirt with the front tails tied into a knot under my breasts for a flirty look. It left my belly exposed and I mention that look for a reason because when we were sitting on the couch I spilled some of the cream onto my belly. I swear that it wasn't deliberate and I was half joking when I suggested that it was a shame to let a dollop of cream go to waste.