Pharaoh’s Curse Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Over the years, Bennu had become radicalized, thinking about cleansing the world of the taint he saw of a past that shouldn't hold sway over anyone. Thinking to erase their history for what Bennu thought was the righteous path they all should follow. Screaming out the phrase all terrorists use when committing such heinous acts with a butcher knife raised over his head. Nonetheless, no one was prepared for how quickly Andrew leapt into action. Bennu collapsed to his knees, holding his flabby belly given the three quick punches Andrew landed on the young man's midsection. All grew still as Bast's eyes shown white hot as she rested on Carla's lap. Jahi, Nour, Heba, and Abubaker held each other in fear as men-like beings with heads of cats poured into their home.

"You who thinks to strike the rightful ruler of this land! You who spouts that heretic's phrase will know what it means to raise a hand to your Pharaoh!" Bast's thunderous voice boomed out of her small mouth as she silently commanded her men to carry off Anta's brother for reeducation. Bennu's screams of fright filled the air as her men carried Bennu off by his arms and legs to a place few had ever seen. It wasn't a fate Andrew would wish on anyone.

"Andy, can't you do something?" Anta asked worriedly about her brother's fate.

"No, out of my hands, Anta; what did you think would happen when he did such a thing in front of Bast? Be glad she didn't outright kill him as was the punishment for those who raised arms against their Pharaoh," Andrew said, holding the knife out to Jahi, handle first. "Sorry about that..."

"No, no, you did what you had to do to protect yourself; please, if you are this Pharaoh, can't you be lenient?" Jahi asked, knowing Andrew understood the words he said as he held onto Andrew's right hand.

"That was me being lenient; once his punishment is complete, he will be returned to you," Andrew said with the authority of a King. "Again, I am sorry it had to come to that, yet Bast takes my protection very seriously."

"You promise he's going to be returned?" Anta asked in a stern voice; it didn't shock her that Andrew could fight; she had seen it firsthand. It was how quick Andrew had leaped into action that had her startled. "Okay then, I'll trust you, but he better come back unharmed," she warned, which earned her a raised eyebrow from Andrew, who only pointed to Bast, whose hackles were still raised. She did something that even took Andrew aback as she quickly slipped off her seat and got to her knees. "Please, Bast, I know he did wrong, but please see it in your power to bring my brother back unharmed I'll do whatever you want if you just bring him back," Anta pleaded with the goddess with her hands in prayer. Only to feel the softness, the heat of the pads of her right paw as it rested lightly on Anta's forehead. Who in her feline finicky returned to cleaning her left paw. What Anta didn't realize at that moment was Bast had chosen her as the new high priestess that would serve her and only her when the temple was completed.

"What have you gotten yourself into, sis?" Abubaker muttered, shaking his head; he still couldn't believe what had just happened. He rightly couldn't say it didn't happen since it took place before his very eyes. Nevertheless, he so wasn't prepared to deal with what was clearly happening in front of him.

"Anta, I think we need to go; I think we've done enough damage for one day," Andrew said, lightly rubbing the back of his head.

"Nah-uh, I still haven't shown Bast my room yet; I know she'll just love it..." A smile formed on her lips at the sight of her tabby, who leaped onto the left armrest coming to inspect the commotion it had heard, "Patches!" Anta exclaimed at the sight of her cat. She was clearly taken back when Patches completely ignored her and ambled over to where Bast rested and plopped down on the cushion in submissiveness. Its soft meows filled the air as Bast reached forward with her right paw and lightly patted Patches on top of her furry head. Who instantly rolled onto her belly to show that she wasn't a threat. "Patches, you silly cat," she giggled, glancing over to Andrew, who shrugged his shoulders silently, stating: 'What did you expect from the goddess of cats?'

"Come, Bast, I know you'll like it, I promise," Anta said in a loving tone as she took Bast into her arms, with Patches eagerly following at her heels as she walked towards the other end of the house.

Andrew's and Carla's heads turned when Jahi's cell phone went off in his pocket. He wondered what could make the man scowl when Jahi peered at his screen. Noting how hot under the collar, Jahi was getting, as whoever was on the other end of the line was clearly saying something Jahi didn't like. It wasn't hard for him to hear that Anta's father was being extorted by a government official.

"Maybe I can help?" Andrew offered, unsure what he could do, as he held out his hand to Jahi. Seeing Jahi's questioning look as he reluctantly handed over his phone. Arching an eyebrow when he heard the man on the other end continuing on like he didn't hear Jahi relinquishing his phone to another person. "So, I see I'll have some corruption to weed out; here's what you're going to do; you're going to reverse whatever it is that you're threatening this man with, or Ma'at is going to swallow you up alive and show you the justice you deserve," he ordered, testing out if his blessing would work over the line, also praying to the goddess to put the fear into him. A cruel smirk formed on his lips when the man's laughter turned to abject terror as the pavers of his little courtyard attached to his home he had bought with ill-gotten gains fell into the earth as it opened up right beneath him. "Oh, you get my point now? Good, see that I don't hear about your sins again, or the next time you will be in that hole," Andrew threatened, handing Jahi's phone back to him. "I don't think you'll be having any more problems with that man; if you do, I'll handle it," he stated, playing nice with his future father-in-law when a mystified Jahi took his phone back. Andrew didn't know what was being said, yet he didn't need to, given the wide toothy smile on Jahi's face.

"So, do you all like haul things on that?" Andrew asked, pointing out the window at the old barge moored to the dock.

"We mainly haul grain; why?" Abubaker answered, eyeing Andrew, wondering in a brotherly manner what the man before him had gotten his sister into.

"Do you all, like, get a percentage of what you haul?" Andrew inquired; he knew he would have to get someone to haul the grain he was having grown on his land, yet he had no clue who he could trust not to go running to the news media about what they see at NeoHierakonpolis [30].

"Not a lot, but if we're lucky, around five percent of the total tonnage we haul."

"Come work for me, hauling my grain; that is when the harvest comes in, and I'll give you twenty percent of what you haul for me," Andrew said, knowing what he was going to grow would be used to feed his people and sell off what wasn't used on the open market. Given the vast amount of land he had, he suspected yields in the triple digits, something he was sure the Gods would make sure of since they wanted to show that they were back. What better way than to show the masses they had the power to provide free loaves of bread to everyone in Egypt. He wasn't saying that would end hunger, yet it would keep them alive. After all, he was Pharaoh, and as Pharaoh, it was his job to ensure his people didn't go hungry.

"That's a wonderful idea, Andy; I know you'll be wanting transportation for your workers to Djed," Anta said, walking back into her family's living room, lightly stroking along Bast's spine as she did with Patches walking in front of her with its tail high in the air as if she was Bast's honor guard. "Papa and Abu are very fine sailors on the Nile; you won't find anyone better than them to see that your workers are safely transported," she said, praising her family.

"We'll have to talk about this, Anta; you just can't go making arrangements for your father and brother when we don't even know... if he is Pharaoh," Nour said, still skeptical of the whole thing, under the illusion that all she has witnessed were the workings of the Djinn.

"Make the waters rise, baby, like you told me you once did," Anta spoke, blowing Andrew a kiss knowing that he didn't like showing off as he had done since arriving. "You will have to display your gifts sooner or later; why not now," she stated with Bast eyeing Andrew in her arms.              

"Mmmhmm, and who better to validate your claims than people who don't know you very well, like we do," Carla said, finally chiming in after being silent through the whole thing. She just didn't want to interfere with Anta and her family when the word marriage came up. She knew her own would flip when she brought Andrew home to meet them when they could find the time to return to the States.

"Why do I let you two talk me into these things?" Andrew asked with a sigh as he walked towards the front door.

"Because the people need to know that their Pharaoh has returned," Bast whispered into his head, causing Andrew to turn back and peer at her. Who had a smug look on her face if one could decern that through all her fur.

"Don't you worry, Andy, it will be alright," Carla said, lightly patting Andrew's back as she and the others followed him outside. Listening to Anta's family gasping when they watched in awe as the Nile water rose at Andrew's silent command, lifting the boats as it did.

"Is that yours?" Jahi asked, pointing over to Andrew's solar barge.

"It is," looking up to the sky, seeing how it was approaching ten o'clock, "we should be going; there are things I need to do before the event tonight," Andrew said vaguely; he wanted to see his city before he went off to Amkhakha for however long they would be there. Silently praying in his head to Khonsu[31]to give him the time he needed to make it to NeoHierakonpolis and back to Cairo before the hour of seven. Saying his goodbyes to Anta's parents, her brother, and his wife before walking towards the dock with Carla beside him as Anta stayed back.

"You promise you'll be safe around that man," Nour chided in a protective tone, with her father nodding along.

"Yeah, there will be people like Bennu who won't take kindly to whatever he's trying to do; I just don't want to see you hurt, sis," Abubaker stated, lightly rubbing his sister's arm.

"I can't believe you're going to be a Queen," Heba squealed in delight, the only one of them excited by the news. "I can't wait to visit you in his palace; I bet it's going to be magical," she said dreamily, earning her a questioning look from Abubaker.

"But if it doesn't work out, you come home, okay?" Jahi spoke in a fatherly tone as he hugged his daughter tightly, feeling Anta nodding against his shoulder.

Anta looked back with a small wave and tears in her eyes, knowing her childhood had come to an end and her life as Andrew's Queen was just beginning. A life she knew was going to be hectic and filled with far too many people trying to butt their noses into Andrew's life. Lifting Bast up in her arms, nuzzling the back of her head, declaring to herself and to the Gods she was not about to allow Andrew to fall. Smiling warmly at Andrew as he held out his hand to her as she neared the end of the gangplank. Placing a kiss on his cheek before heading off to join Carla on the cushions. Sharing alluring smiles with one another as they watched Andrew speaking in ancient Egyptian as he ordered the men to make ready to sail. Who wasted no time in getting the ship unmoored and unfurling the sail. Anta and Carla rested their heads against one another's as they sighed in longing as they stared at Andrew's back as he stood stalwartly at the bow of the ship.

"What in the..." Abubaker muttered low as he, along with this family, watched a golden glow shining off of Andrew's body as his ship began its travel up the Nile. "Did anyone of you see that?" he asked the three beside him as it appeared that the light of the sun seemed to seek out Andrew as if it had a mind of its own. Seeing them nodding that they too saw what he had seen, praying that his sister knew what she was getting herself into. Raising his hand in response to Andrew's wave of goodbye. Although, he wouldn't deny he might be interested in having what appeared to be servant girls waiting on him like Andrew had as they held out metal platters before they were out of sight.

Chapter Three

NeoHierakonpolis

"My lord, we are nearing the city," proclaimed the old man who had taken up the mantle of the captain of Andrew's solar barge.

"When we pull into the city, make sure an offering to Khonsu is made," Andrew directed, seeing the man nod, knowing the trip normally took a day by sail due to the distance between Helwan and NeoHierakonpolis. However, with Khonsu's help, they made it by noon; he hoped Khonsu would help him once again to make it back to Cairo in time. He so didn't want his irate mother on his ass. He already had enough on his plate; he didn't need to add her to it.

"Of course, my lord, I'll see to it personally. Sobek, your mighty guards are something," the man chuckled as he threw strips of meat to the crocodiles that were guarding the entrance to NeoHierakonpolis and Djed. While another man who turned out to be his son-in-law tossed some hay over the port side for the hippos that, too, were keeping unwanted visitors away. Which, of course, reminded Andrew not to go swimming in the Nile.

Scores of voices filled the air as the inhabitants of his city saw the sail of his ship drawing close. Blowing out a breath, knowing he was going to have to get used to this as Andrew noted the crowd of people cheering and laughing as they saw him on the bow of the ship. Slyly looking over at the man, wondering if he had taken charge of the villagers in his absence. He knew he would have to appoint an Overseer for the fields, one for the stoneworkers, priests and priestess for his temple, and guards to keep them all safe. He just hoped there were enough people for that. His ears perked at the sound of animals, something he knew wasn't there when the last time he was there. Nodding to himself, knowing the Gods had been outdoing themselves, Andrew didn't need her to speak; he felt her godly pride filling his mind as he glanced over to Bast, who had enjoyed the cruise lounging like a Queen.

The moment he stepped off the dock and onto the dry ground, the people swarmed around him. Smiling, happy faces filled his view as arms reached out to touch him. To know the man who had freed them from their torment. One woman, Andrew, couldn't tell her age, yet she appeared to be as old as he was and exposed herself to his eyes before throwing herself onto him. Andrew didn't need to see how Carla and Anta took that; he could feel their glares of anger burning into his back. Blowing out a breath in his mind as the men that had manned his ship circled around him, pushing the people back to give him room, namely the woman who whispered sensuously to him that he could have her whenever he wanted.

"We just can't leave you to yourself, can we?" Carla intoned as she crossed her arms as she stood behind Andrew, with Anta humming in agreement.

"What? Not like I asked her to do that," Andrew replied as he turned toward them.

"Yet it seems you liked it," Anta stated, her eyes pointing down toward the bulge in his shorts.

"She was naked; of course, I'm going to get aroused," Andrew grumbled, not liking being under their burning glares.

"As long as you remember, that's only for us," Carla stated firmly, with Anta nodding in agreement.

"You think I'm at risk of getting smothered in my sleep? Not a chance," Andrew spoke before being led off by the same man who had greeted them in Cairo.

As Andrew walked along, with his massive entourage following after him. The man pointed out what was being done, how it was being done, and whatnot. Introducing him to the man who was currently working on making one of the plows that would till the fields when planting season started. While Andrew wasn't over-cumbered by their lack of personal hygiene like he was when he first set foot in Punt[32]. Something else he had to be thankful for the Gods for. His arm was getting very sore, given how forcibly the people he was introduced to were shaking it. Nodding along when the man went into detail about what he and many others were planning to plant once spring came after they had dug out the irrigation channels that would water their fields. Following along as the man led him into a building where they were storing the grain and other seeds they would need to feed their people. Then he was introduced to the other farmers, seeing how they all looked up to the man who had shown him around the fields they were starting to prepare. Watching the man dance with joy as Andrew appointed the man the Overseer of the farms. Telling them what they grew there would be mainly used to keep them fed, and what grain they grew that was extra would be sent down to Memphis as they knew Cairo as. Also, telling them to work a quarter of the land across from Djed, for now, to see how the land would bear with cultivating that large of a crop without depleting the land.

All the while he was there, he had seen Ptah ambling about going from one place to another, showing the stone masons new techniques and helping them brush up on their old ones due to their time under Ba'al's influence. His attention was drawn to the giggles of women as he noted how Anta and Carla were at the center of the group as the ladies of the city clustered around them. A lump formed in his throat when Carla's and Anta's eyes fell upon him as they gazed at him with wanton desire as the wind gently lifted their hair off their backs. He couldn't hear what they were saying, yet he was mesmerized by the shapes their lips formed as they were recounting something. He had no idea why his face was burning; nevertheless, the moment he heard the choirs of women giggling like mad, he knew something intimate must have been said. The smirk Carla was giving him left him with that conclusion. After making his rounds around the city, chatting with the people as he went, discovering how they were fairing now that they were back amongst the living. Andrew had found himself out alone on a plot of land not too far from the city's edge, looking out to the inlet he had asked Geb[33] to make to funnel the flooding Nile waters into so it wouldn't destroy towns or take anyone's life if they were caught unawares. Recounting the conversation he had with Mal after Halima had left the room as he gazed out at the water. His eyes slowly following the land to where it felt like where his palace should rest; it wouldn't be the only one, given he knew he would need one in Cairo for when he was attending to his kingly duties.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, wondering when the thought of doing anything kingly became second nature to him? Shaking it off, knowing it wouldn't do him any good to question it, and he was sure Bast would bring it up when she thought it was prudent. Memories flashed before his mind as one palace after another rolled by. Breathing out slowly, dislodging their clamoring thoughts from his head. He already had a design in mind; after all, he and Mal did spend thirty minutes working on it before he escorted Anta and Carla for a night out on the town. Which he would think their taxi driver had a good show when Carla was grinding on his lap in the back of the woman's car. Looking around for a marker he could use to rough out the corners of the foundation of his palace to use as place markers until Mal finished up with the design of it.

1...34567...13