Philosophical transactions, Vol. L. Part II. For the year 1758.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[215] Nicol. Haym Roman. ubi sup. p. 101. Erasm. Frœl. ubi sup. p. 111.

[216] Nicol. Haym Roman. ubi sup. p. 105, 106.

[217] Joan. Foy-Vaill. ubi sup. p. 200. Erasm. Frœl. ubi sup. p. 63. Tab. VIII. Num. 30.

[218] Hadr. Reland. _Palæst. Illustrat._ p. 1014.

[219] Nicol. Haym Roman. ubi sup. p. 100, 101.

[220] Joan. Foy-Vaill. ubi sup. p. 375, 378. Haym, ubi sup. p. 100. Erasm. Frœl. ubi sup. p. 111. Tab. XV.

[221] Gul. Bevereg. _Institut. Chronologic._ p. 278-331. Eond. 1721.

[222] Oleosis magna tribuitur efficacia, quæ maxime experimento Fr. Rhedi videtur confirmata, dum muscas et alia insecta variis liquoribus immersa in vivis permansisse refert, exceptis aliis oleo perunctis et infusis, quæ invicem mortua vitam non receperunt, licet radiis solaribus fuerint exposita. Equidem libenter concedo hæc omnia veritati esse consona, atque etiam oleosa, ut ol. oliv. rapar. et amygd. dulc. non sine fructu adhiberi: sed scire licet minime illa eo unquam scopo posse offerri, ut vermes enecent, quia admodum magna oleorum copia requireretur, si immediatè vermes per totum intestinorum volumen dispersos deberent extinguere. Multo magis oleosa in gravibus a lumbricis symptomatibus ideo censerem utilia, quia sensibiles intestinorum tunicas spasmo constrictas relaxant, et mucilagine quasi obliniunt atque defendunt, ut postea acriora quaædam et purgantia remedia magis secure et sine læsione exhiberi possint. Ita ego sæpius mirabili cum effectu ad vermes enecandos et symptomata lenienda ol. amygd. d. ad aliquot cochlearia, imo ℥j vel ℥ij circa lecti introitum vel summo mane pueris præscripsi sumendum, subjungendo aliquot horas post pilulas ex extracto panchymagogo Crollii, resina jalappæ, et mercurio dulci paratas.

_Hoffmann. Supplement. ad Med. Systemat. de Infant. Morb. cap. 10. de Vermibus._

[223] I have since been informed, that the boy’s parents being extremely poor, the medicines were left off as soon as he began to recover; and that, upon their disuse for some time, he was again attacked with the same fits as before.

[224] All oils dry more readily after they have been boiled; by which the superfluous aqueous parts are carried off. Drying oils are also made by the addition of such substances, as absorb humidities.

[225] See Phil. Trans. Nº. 480. p. 227.

Corrections

Contents

CVI. A Discourse on the Cinnamon CXVI. A Discourse on the Cinnamon

p. 593

the sea, nor to any other accident whatesover, the sea, nor to any other accident whatsoever,

p. 616

and also heard a noise, like the distant dicharge of a cannon: and also heard a noise, like the distant discharge of a cannon:

p. 618

that the whole weight of his body was supended by it, that the whole weight of his body was suspended by it,

p. 681

by almost all the the botanic writers by almost all the botanic writers

Index

_Vapour_, remarks on the opinion of Henry Eeles, Esq; concerning the ascent of it, p. 240.

_Vapour_, remarks on the opinion of Henry Eles, Esq; concerning the ascent of it, p. 240.

p. 712

are pretty spacious inclosures, each of which has it number. are pretty spacious inclosures, each of which has its number.

p. 730

When it moves upwards, the click _b_ fixed to the frame, stops the larger rocket C,

When it moves upwards, the click _b_ fixed to the frame, stops the larger rochet C,

p. 735

which would not be affected by the different refrangibilty of light; which would not be affected by the different refrangibility of light;

p. 741

Having thus got rid of the principal cause of the imperfection of refracting telelescopes

Having thus got rid of the principal cause of the imperfection of refracting telescopes

p. 759

and the _same cofficients_ with the original series and the _same coefficients_ with the original series

p. 766

the measures of the angles expressed by (360° ⁄ _n_) × _m_, 2 × (360 ⁄ _n_) × _m_, 3 × (360 ⁄ _n_) × _m_, &c.

the measures of the angles expressed by (360° ⁄ _n_) × _m_, 2 × (360° ⁄ _n_) × _m_, 3 × (360° ⁄ _n_) × _m_, &c.

p. 768

The soluion of this case, in a manner a little different, The solution of this case, in a manner a little different,

p. 773

We see by this, that the effects of the poison of the Manchinelle are different

We see by this, that the effects of the poison of the Manchenille are different

p. 842

I beg leave to subjoin it by way of postcript. I beg leave to subjoin it by way of postscript.

p. 846

coverings in different parts of the the world. coverings in different parts of the world.

Index

_Vapour_, remarks on the opinion of Henry Eeles, Esq; concerning the ascent of it, p. 240.

_Vapour_, remarks on the opinion of Henry Eles, Esq; concerning the ascent of it, p. 240.

Errata

p. 497

Also (2_a_)²: _vv_∷ _a_: _vv_ ⁄ 4_a_

should be

Also (2_a_)²: _vv_∷ _a_: (25b ⁄ 21c)² × _vv_ ⁄ 4_a_

p. 542

sin. (AC + AM) ⁄ 2 × sin. (AC - AM) ⁄ 2 = ((_b_ + _d_) × (_b_ - _d_) =) (sin. ½ AC + sin. ½ AM) × (sin. ½ AC - sin. ½ AM).

should be

sin. (AC + AM) ⁄ 2 × sin. (AC - AM) ⁄ 2 = ((_b_ + _d_) × (_b_ - _d_)) = (sin. ½ AC + sin. ½ AM) × (sin. ½ AC - sin. ½ AM).

p. 830

hincque motus apsidis spatio unius anni solaris prodit 33´, 95 vel ferè 34´ in consequentia, qui tempore

should be

hincque motus apsidis spatio unius anni solaris prodit 33´, 95’’ vel ferè 34´ in consequentia, qui tempore

Share this Story