All Comments on 'Pibroch and Chaconne'

by SleeperyJim

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
stupid

made no sense at all chould have done without the middle east stuff

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

So to recap, their is no cheating wife, there is no sex, and this is in the wrong category

.

I was wondering why a story of yours was scoring so low

Now I know, and agree

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

what the fuck was that all about?

this shit is just unreadable. Its convoluted contrived badly written and boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please tell me that there isn’t another four chapters of this cliched overwrought drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

don't write,what you don't know.a writing cluster fuck.

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

Excellent story, sir! Will there be a follow-up?

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 2 years ago

Amazing storytelling. Your writing has always been good, but this is a step beyond! The build of suspense was fantastic.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Will there be a sequel? It feels kinda incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Biggest load of BULLSHIT I have ever read on this site.

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInover 2 years ago

Excellent! A riveting story, and plenty of meat for the imagination.

chastenchastenover 2 years ago

Excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Are you on crack?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

WOW. The depth of this story is so far removed from the normal level of story/writing as to be in a different universe. A tad "cold war" mental battling upgraded to a more recent war. Well done. I started to wonder on a couple of ocassions as the story unfolded until... whammo... you let rip. Excellent. Many thanks for the priviledge to read. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would prefer a more definitive ending. Preferably one where the love from his wife corrects the false memories. Just feels unfinished. Thanks for the original story.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

That was dark. Nicely written. Thanks for sharing.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Well written. I am looking forward to part two. We will see if the Captain's special forces training prevails.

macopamacopaover 2 years ago

Really liked the first half of the story but really hated the second half. 2 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Underscored, but what can you expect from the LIT audience? This was brilliant. What a fine writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid. Doesnt belong here. Try "Soldiers of Fortune"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Props for the interesting and relatively original story line. It probably isn't going to be a hall of fame story because people are going, "Yeah, that happened." But it was different.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

Very very good, but I don't want to have to make up the ending myself, I read these stories to be told a tale.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

That was definitely different. Thanks for sharing!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Too much of a plot changes to comprehend. The first part seemed legit and very well written. Arriving home to the swift change in his civilian life was way to much. Finally back to the third world and the master plan completely destroyed the story.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

This is a great read but why put it in LW. It detracts from the story and the themes of war and conflicts, black and white v shades of grey.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Certainly original, but the latter part stretched credulity. As always, good writing and a fertile imagination. 4 stars

Forto02Forto02over 2 years ago

This story is confusing for me. For all I know, he went to kill a target and did it. Next, for everyone, it looks like he escaped and came back home, where he find his wife railroaded by a 2 star General, who is trying to bury him for his personal satisfaction. Then we learn he did not escape and he is being "brainwashed?" to be a weapon against who knows.

And it ends with some lyrics. Those lyrics may make sense for some, but I don't get them.

I have enjoyed many of your stories, but this one confused me.

May be it's an unfinished story?

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

So no ending at all, or is there a sequel? Interesting story, but ending where you did is frustrating. 4 stars for the writing, a star lost for the "ending ".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In an attempt to tell a story and be clever, this got lost in the woods. Too many words that had no meaning. Too many words that led nowhere. Too vague. Too convoluted. I understood that the wife was a whore but everything else was lost. Even the Title was weird.

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Clever but I didn't like it. Well written so despite not liking the story - 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I NEVER comment. Well Done.

Spooky as hell but well done.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

This story lost me on exactly what was supposed to be going on most of the time.

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

Nice, but ultimately not really a loving wives category material imho.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

WOW, really liked it. Very intriguing. Done just right. This could be the end or is it? Very well done.

5 BIG FAT STARS! Thank you Mr. Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too complicated to enjoy. Did not like it at all. Too many blind alleys.

.

2 **

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A story that is well told, but works with completely wrong content. It seems to me you've seen the movie "Total Recall" too many times. What an easy world it would be if it worked that way. But that didn't work out in this film either. That being said, I cannot accept that you are trying to poke around through the back door that the US is the aggressor and not the attacked! Even in such simple stories, some people try to rewrite the story. In the former Yugoslavia, the Serbs tried to create "tabula rasa" through genocide. Thank goodness the international community prevented that! And we don't even need to discuss 9/11!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm feeling like that time when I was 10 years old and had climbed up on the roof of our house with a too short ladder. Getting up there was easy, hanging over the edge feeling for the ladder to get down was unsettling. That's this story. I don't like feeling like I'm hanging in midair with nothing solid under my feet. This story left me hanging off a cliff face...which I have also done...and the feeling is definitely worse. TANSTAAFL

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Well done. But it needs more, a lot more. Is there more?

If not and l suspect not, 4/5 for being incomplete

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

I normally really enjoy your writing but this was too convoluted and there's no ending.

What happened to the captain? Did he murder someone when he was rescued and sent back home, or was the plot foiled?

What happened to the innocent wife? Did she get her beloved husband back?

Did 'Murica launch some freedom missiles at the bad guys in retaliation?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Manchurian candidate meets erotica , generally they have sex and this is its offspring , that is if I remember correctly !!! This story has the makings of a great novel and Hollywood movie . It’s different but it’s intriguing and thought provoking , not to mention very well written ! It does however need at least one more chapter to clarify the altered realities so they make sense then bring it to a definitive close , something I think will probably take a couple more chapters at least ! Paul Harvey and I are looking forward to ‘the rest of the story’ !

adevilru12adevilru12over 2 years ago

I reall liked this story. Part 1 of 5. It seems this story never actually happened. It is what was fed to him by his captors. That is why his wife was told he was missing and told he died on a far away battlefield. I can’t wait to read the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shades of The Manchurian Candidate and the Bourne series. There is limitless potential here and I am really looking forward to see where this goes in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You were once a pretty decent writer. Not anymore. What happened?

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

OK, I get the miss-directions/twists but is this a 'February Sucks' expecting others to complete the story? Due to it being left as a virtual setup for sequels and NOT stating your intent for this story - it rates low. And I have to challenge this LW posting as she never cheated - Capt only thinks she did due to drugs and manipulation by the enemy.

/

3*, Hooyah

OPrimeOPrimeover 2 years ago

Almost like a story

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

eh not my cup of tea. not even sure the LW part was even relevant. what was that Manchurian Canidate? not sure if i spelled that right

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

All I could see here was the Manchurian Candidate using Afghanistan instead.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant!

"Somewhere there had to be an answer."

We've been to somewhere, we've seen elsewhere, but we haven't heard the Chaconne yet. Perhaps we'll find out how well Marines can compartmentalize (or that they can't at all). Heading back for my first re-read.

shopratshopratover 2 years ago

This is only a fraction of a story. Interesting start, sort of a take on Total Recall, but not even close to complete. As such it should be marked as chapter 1 of a serial. Asking your readers to dive into something like this and then leaving them hanging with no warning isn't right.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I sort of understand what you were trying to do here but it fell flat.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

That was good. Well written great plot.

Though kinda morbid and tragic but that is the way psychological thriller is should be.

Good job SleeperyJim.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Interesting plot twist had me going for a second. Well done, but maybe a little to "slick" for some readers. 5* for now - if no followup I'll come back and downgrade it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Holy crap, that was good. You could (should?) expand this into a novel - and I'd pay money to read it.

To those who complain that this was in the wrong category or wrong site entirely - who gives a crap? If they serve you a Wagyu steak at McDonald's, would you whine and send it back, or enjoy the wholly unexpected delicacy?

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

A bit different but it displayed a good bit of cleverness. Well written.

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Excellent writing in the service of a flawed plot.

ThitabeThitabeover 2 years ago

I hope there is a part 2 soon. I like the story, but you left it with one hell of a cliff hanger.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Dont care what anyone else thinks, I made it near to the bottom of page two before the tsunami of stupid just got to be too damned much for me.

Maybe others are right in that it was well written, but that alone cant pull shit out of a pond and make it tasty.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Well researched, unless you were there, and such great imagination. This is a story that you can threaten me all day with " more to come", and I'll say give me as much more as you can write. Great idea, great story!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

I applaud the attempt to add fresh themes and situations to the LW category. I don't think this one was a full-blown success, but it was well-written and original, and for that deserves full marks. --- 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what?

adevilru12adevilru12over 2 years ago

This is a great story. I can’t wait for the next part. The first part of the story with his comrades getting killed was true. The rest was what his captors put in his head. The epilogue has an army Chaplin telling her that he died on a foreign battlefield. He was her only live and only man who had her body.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Had to come back to this. Almost every other story I’ve read of sleeperyjim’s has been either funny or very entertaining. This is just mind bogglingly bad.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

I would advise, or perhaps encourage is a better word, to get a Yank to look over your work, a sort of continuity check, before your send it out there. No American refers to his gear as 'kit', and the ME is euphemistically referred to as the 'sandbox', not the 'sandlot'. That these were the only two obvious nits, that means it was one helluva, damn good story. Now, coming from a guy who's written long, long series, how about a finish? Leaving it looking like a 1960s-era film ending is not an option, is it? If nothing else, have him get hit by a runaway bus, so we never know what 'sheep' he was chasing, but not like this. No.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very artsy and ambitious effort, but it is in the Wrong category. Just because a story includes a married couple, and includes the concept of adultery, doesn't make it a Loving Wives story. This should be in Non-erotic, or maybe Fantasy. The whole point of the plot is to illustrate the supposed creation of a killer mole by a superbly intelligent and extremely sophisticated enemy. Some camel jockeys, really? Is this some kind of adulation by fabrication? You don't know the first thing about these rag heads; your plot is ridiculous. You might as well create a story depicting a squad of Haitian commandos kidnapping Adolph Hitler.

Preposterous. I hope it was a fun write. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written, but not really a Loving wife's story.

This should be in non-erotic.

No real ending to the story.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

What we have here is a truly original "came home early" LW tale, using a Manchurian Candidate angle. Have to rate this one highly for the quality of the concept and its execution.

69gman69gmanover 2 years ago

Wow. That was intense and extremely well written. Being a bit of a Jethro Tull fan, I understand. Thanks for writing.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

Wow! Not my usual genre, but I was enthralled throughout.

AhazuraAhazuraover 2 years ago

Loved it. Would like to see where it goes from here but I thought it was different and great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where's the sex?

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

A totally unbelievable story where the wife is not even a necessary element. Too much effort into being artistic and not enough effort into a coherent story.

1959richard21959richard2over 2 years ago

Ouch😵.

That is a poor start.

It's the form, structure of your story SleeperyJim.

Gave you 3⭐️s..

I'm disappointed not

*

*

*

*AMerryman

justwetwojustwetwoover 2 years ago

Kind of like a Manchurian candidate?

donjuan1954donjuan1954over 2 years ago

Needs a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'll keep my guesses to myself and wait for the next edition. It better be good.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

A chilling tale of manufactured memories

But you forgot Thermopolis, Ten Sleep, and Meeteetse. How could you? Nonetheless, top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

SleeperyJim is one of the best LW authors on this site, so I always read his work. The plot does not work for me, it reeks of the typical Hollywood device, the implication that a man betrayed by country/wife will become a killing machine for the other side. Oh and a General and other officers getting involved with the wife of a SO, or a sniper, gangbang ect. Please, Generals more likely to sleep up the food chain (more powerful) not down it.

I will continue to read it and revise the ratings based on how it goes.

69gman69gmanover 2 years ago
Second comment

Wow again This story is complex, dark and extremely well written. I like @A_Bierce

look forward to the Chaconne. You have sure made me do some in depth music searches and having been a fan of Jethro Tull it was great fun for me. I wonder if the Chaconne follows J. S. Bach's solo for violin? Certainly some history there with his wife. Thanks again for writing and challenging my intellect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is some similarity to The Manchurian Candidate, sure, but also some significant differences. In the ManCan, he's a sleeper agent for a targeted victim; here, he's simply triggered to take out anyone who *he* feels has personally wronged him. The brainwashers neither know nor care who he attacks - he is a weapon of pure terror only, and completely unpredictable (and all the more dangerous as a result).

Awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WTF- why is everybody fawning over this pathetic story? I don't know which is worse, the willing cuck shit that's dominating this category or this crap? Like one comment said. What?

haveguillamehaveguillameover 2 years ago

What a lot of crap. It might be a clever name but sure as hell an illogical story line . The writer must have had an attack of the stupids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very deep.... hope he is able to recover his life and have his revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Utter rubbish. Post it in some Chinese stupid sorry site.

PATHETIC...........

#Highnmightyfemdom

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

That was interesting.

But I don't see imagined cheating

fitting the LW catagorie.

At least not our 'cheating with consequences' kind.

The slutty part of LW might like the idea though.

I'm keeping my ratings out of this one.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

That was different.

I liked it, seemed like it needed something more. Maybe another chapter would work.

Thank you, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AngelRider you said,

"I sort of understand what you were trying to do here but it fell flat."

You "sort of understand", is that like "sort of pregnant"? Either you do or you don't, or you are or aren't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AngelRider you said

"I sort of understand what you were trying to do here but it fell flat."

You sort of understand is like saying sort of pregnant. Either you do or you don't, or you are or you aren't.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 2 years ago

I like what there is of it, but it is missing an ending.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 2 years ago

It's a well written story but all the air leaked out on the last page.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Looks like the beginning of a novel. Where's the rest?

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 2 years agoAuthor

Yes, there is another part coming. No, I was never in the military and had to research a lot. Yes, others beta read it for me, but the mistakes are all mine. Yes, it's my job to write as best a story as I can. No, it's not my job to teach high school level English comprehension. Yes, I hope to please readers but no, I don't think about them when I'm writing. A story appears fully formed, and pretty much has to be written that way. If it isn't, it makes my brain itch. What is there is what you get. I appreciate all the comments though - good, bad and incomprehensible.

Raleighman53Raleighman53over 2 years ago

Glad to hear you're continuing this. Hopefully the next installment is soon. I enjoyed the story.

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago

Not an enjoyable nor interesting read, It lacked a sensible storyline. Up to the point he shot through the wall at the fleeing general it had a promise but from that point onward and the shift into ' false memory' spoiled the whole premise. I wonder if it can be saved by adding more. For it to get into suicide for the 'captain' is silly and not in keeping with the L.W category nor the situation vis-a-vis the wife and the captain Barely worth the 3 *** I gave it but it was well told, as far as it went ...but so far off track it is like the ramblings of a drunken man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Barros is a real cuck....seems serving his country took away his little grey cells....an ideal wimp for a cuck!!

Stupid story with the war bs of acuckold

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'm kinda curious where you got the idea that one could successfully implant false memories... When I read that part, I felt like I'd been duped into reading Sci Fi. And, in that category, it would be an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
trash

not worth reading

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous