Pibroch and Chaconne

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"In short, we are playing on his doubts and his fears to create his rage. The false memories of his wife cheating, of fake charges laid against him, of comrades turning against him -- all building anger. It's that that is helping us to form the false memories. And what will give us our greatest victory."

"But if you can't give him a target, what use is he? Better I take him now and give him to the foreign fighter who will execute him."

"He does have a target!"

"You said..."

"I said we haven't given him a target. We didn't need to. He has created one by himself. If you have too many wild goats eating everything in an area, you might bring in a wolf. But you don't try and teach the wolf how to hunt or which goat to eat. You simply release him. He already knows precisely what to do.

"We have a wolf, and he knows where the goats are," finished Jánoš. "We simply need to release him when he's ready -- in about three weeks when the new memories are firmly in place. "

"The goats are in Washington," breathed Sheikh Mohammed.

"In the Pentagon," agreed Jánoš Illic. "In three weeks, we will smuggle the wolf into America and release him. And he is a wolf and knows how and where and what to hunt."

**********

Elsewhere

And seven thousand miles away, a woman wept alongside a Marine chaplain, as she accepted that her husband, the only man she had ever loved, the only one with whom she had shared her life, her dreams and her bed, was in all likelihood dead -- lost on a foreign field.

A field where wolves went to die.

Inspired by Pibroch (Cap In Hand), by Jethro Tull.

There's a light in the house, in the wood, in the valley.

There's a thought in the head of the man.

Who carries his dreams like the coat slung on his shoulder,

Bringing you love in the cap in his hand.

And each step he takes is one half of a lifetime:

no word he would say could you understand.

So he bundles his regrets into a gesture of sorrow,

Bringing you love, cap in hand.

Catching breath as he looks through the dining-room window:

candlelit table for two has been laid.

Strange slippers by the fire.

Strange boots in the hallway.

Put my cap on my head.

I turn and walk away.