All Comments on 'Pictures of Adultery'

by ConPulsion

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

She was quite right. If the story was reversed there would have been a surge of calls to burn her. He got what he deserved.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

I hope he doesn’t expect sympathy. He cheated and all his bullshit about wanting his wife back…what did he do about it, really? Nothing. He wasn’t looking for a relationship, he was looking to fuck other women.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ow gawd! I forgot hate every story this author have submitted before.

The author have been trying to paint the husband in bad light before this but undeservingly.

This time he's successful. Unfortunately the wife's character is made to be a career woman, so the divorce is just a normal outcome. Didn't like the cheating husband, and at the same time thinking the wife shouldn't be married to anyone.

Unlike the other infuriating story, this one is just an unemotionally boring story.

At least add something about his extramarital relationship to spice it up. Made him a home wrecker or something and have to face the offended husband's wrath. Or make the wife a devoted one, but with strong principle so we can sympathize with her. She's a lawyer after all.

This story is too vanilla, and the dialogue doesn't expose anything. I don't mind if the husband is made the bad guy when he deserves it. But this have no story at all. Just he cheated, so wife divorce him. Show some action, spice it with emotion.

I think some of the authors here are just trolling the men frequenting LW just trying to piss them off by making the main character-husband lost. They made the wife so stupid or evil and at the same time the husband justified in their action/reaction. In the end the readers didn't have to even figure the holes in the story to see that the husband is wrongly attributed with the guilt.

TLDR; An unloving wife with a cheating husband, in the Loving Wives category. Easily readable so plus author on editor. Recommending author to read stories scoring at least 4.01 to see what type of story would click with readers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No likable characters, didn’t even bother finishing it once it was revealed the husband was a serial cheater as it was already clear the wife was sleeping around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Long winded, boring drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FUCK HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all had no love just a partnership. You'llbe alot better ff without her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This guy must have wandered into the firing range of the Lit Martian Slut Ray 😎

What a dumb shit…..

Average tale. 3***

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wrong place to post

discreetonediscreetonealmost 3 years ago

I get the concept... but where was his fight? One little paragraph of it? I haven't quite been in the same situation of a wife putting her job before the marriage, but close enough in that everything else was made more important than me for over 15 years. Maybe she has those high ethical and moral standards, I can understand that. But his argument is no less compelling. Yes, he cheated, yes, he was wrong. So was she.

People's vows are not limited to only not fucking other people. That's a vow of omission. However, all the other vows are of commission: promises to love, honor, respect, cherish, stand by for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, etc. I would argue that people are human and they fuck up, and sometimes they don't honor those promises to not be with other people. In a non-emotional affair, maybe it's easier to let go. But it's never quite non-emotional when you're deprived, neglected, needing and not receiving. It's not fun being married and lonely. Her finding out about his affairs and being hurt over it is not more important than his spending night after night wondering why his wife doesn't want him, doesn't want a family with him, puts her job before what should be the most important thing in her life: her marriage.

I know in today's world, that doesn't really go far, because adultery is so stigmatized versus the far greater unhappiness of spending your days being unwanted, but I'd liked to have seen him fight harder for his own pain and rejecting her lack of forgiveness as if that was something that was needed for him. Not to see him be cruel or a hardass, but at least to stand up for him better and get her to understand (if not accept) his pain as well.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 3 years ago

Those two clearly shouldn't be married.

Good thing there's no kids involved in this mess.

Hopefully, they will not come out of this marriage to make two other people just as miserable as they currently are... hopefully, those two won't get married again.

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 3 years ago

A stark and dark tale. No real two-way communication. Just two people living their individual lives, living in the same house. I know exactly how that feels. Cheers and thank you for a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am not going to give you any score for this. I really did not understand the point of this situation. She was not interested in him and he did not spoke up before.

He just enjoy himself and had fun with other women. Why was she sad he did what he did? She was never around. What did she want from her marriage? Did she have sex with 6 men?

Where is the meaning of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So the husband is a man whore. And he's surprised that his wife is going to divorce him? This is not a story that made much sense unless the man is a complete idiot. He fucks everything that moves and claims to love his wife? How does that work??? He's not even smart enough to wait on his promotion until after the divorce. Of course his wife probably makes more than he does so at least alimony will be off the table. Since he seems to enjoy the hunt, he should turn down the promotion, get as much from the divorce as he can and continue to hunt. Dumb story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There was no love in this relationship. Just a cheating husband and a cold, unfeeling, career driven house mate of a wife full of revenge. They deserve each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I Always am against cheaters.

But not Always the cheating Is sexual.

Here, he (correctly or wrongly, does not matter) felt SHE was cheating their marriage.

Simply he found a way to divorce without all standard burden, counselors blabbering,wife regrets, in-laws asking for RAAC...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

'All I wanted was my wife back, not someone striving to be a partner in a law firm.'

.

And if it was a story about a wife fucking other because all she wanted was her husband back, the "Wife is nothing but a whore" crowd would be condemning her.

.

One person posted this was the wrong place. So, where else. This site's categories doesn't seem to consider husband adultery an issue, on on the part of the wife. If they really want to upgrade the site, it should be both ways. For example, retain LW as an archive and change to Cheating, or add Loving Husbands.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

What do you want to tell us with this story? He's an adulterer, and she did exactly the same thing out of revenge. So what's the nonsense then? That marriage was certainly ruined the first time, so why wait? Or would you have run out of material otherwise? You hardly thrilled me with it!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

This is a typically reserved, non-confrontational male who didn't force his wife's hand early on and make her either fish or cut bait. Shit like this happens every day. At least he got some decent pussy out of it, and she'll get her senior partnership. That she never had sex with 'my six gentlemen' shows that she's a lot like ANON in that she's unbending, unyielding, black/white and driven solely by her considerations. Those kind of people cannot be married, as they are unable to be an equal partner in anything, except maybe a law firm, but that only lasts until your billable hours drop or you can't win the 'big one', at which time you become a staff litigator or court-appointed lawyer.

.

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

.

A: One is a cold-blooded, bottom-dwelling scavenger, and the other one is a freshwater fish.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Totally worthless husband. She did the right thing. Of course those tiny dicked, toxic masculinity men will just say "He had every right to fuck around".

Good story overall.

Wont be any screams about how he got off easy and his women didnt suffer...but thats what misogynists are like in the end.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

And so another marriage ends this the husband was a multiple cheater. They say revenge is a dish best served cold. Well thos was definitely freezing cold. No love in this story. She didn't care about him and he didn't really care about her.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 3 years ago

I get the concept of the story, but author learn to tell time.

Monday morning the taxi arrived to take my wife to Luton airport for her flight to Manchester and her company's annual management conference. I expected her back on Friday.

Friday evening there were two pictures.

Saturday was a horrible day spent waiting for Janet to contact me.

'As the conference starts on Monday I will be flying up to Manchester on Sunday.

When Janet texted that she would see me on Friday and couldn't talk until then, she really had meant it.

Now I admit I don't know how many days are in a week in England, but here in the states she was gone for 12 days.

In the end I was confused with this statement, 'Perhaps all along I had known my wife would be unable to compromise my infidelity with her high moral and ethical standards.' If committing adultery also is moral high ground, then you they both got what they deserved.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Quite a dignified exit. If the roles were reversed, he'd be called all sorts of wimp-like pejoratives for knowing that long and not doing anything about that. Plus, seems like he'll come off better financially in the divorce. Pretty bad deal for her all around.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

People like her are having an emotional affair with work, kinda leads a wandering spouse, she kinda abandoned her obligations as part of a couple. Now he cheated in the more traditional fashion, easy to blame him. Didn’t like that he didn’t want to know how she found out, of curiosity killed the cat

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Agreed with that guy who said this was posted on the wrong place. It's so boring it should just go to non-erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So I guess they just divorce and part ways. She got what she wanted and lost a husband and he found out that she can move on and he has nothing but women who don't mind sex with a cheater. Sad for both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As a cheater he deserves whatever he gets. If two people cannot agree about what they value or their goals change after being together they need to have adult conversations not embark on affairs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree with discreetone and lenardspencer. FWIW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I suspect someone of the English culture could relate to this interaction? It had absolutely no substance dealing with betrayal, regret, loss, emotional suffering. It was like watching two business partners accept that since they couldn't agree over FIFO versus LIFO accounting methods they should both seek other opportunities. HE broke the marriage contract. Her response was childish and irrelevant. She knew she couldn't trust him after the second or third whore he fucked, so what was with her lost week in London about? And by that point, what the fuck did he care? Still no attentive wife, still no plans for children. They both are SO much better off getting divorced so they can find someone else to live their shallow tepid milquetoast lives with.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just a story about two people who don't want to be married to one another, at least hubby will be getting paid as he earns a lot less than his wife so that's a positive I guess.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

I disagree with the last comment. He should've dumped her ass before he cheated. She is what she wanted to be ...ALONE!

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Wife gets revenge... sounds familiar

I could have sworn I wrote a story where the wife got revenge for her husband having oral sex... wait, it was "just oral sex" and that doesn't count.

That's where this guy went wrong.

Plus, a guy cheating on LW? Sacrilege! The man characters here are all saints. Saints I tell you.

"But Kal, I come here to read about cheating whore wives." (from an email I received)

Riiiight...

ps. I thought it was an interesting story.

graymangazergraymangazeralmost 3 years ago

I thought this was pretty good, a look at two mismatched people finally coming to grips with their lack of a future together. I could really see both points of view even if I don't agree with their actions. It's hard to aportion blame, both had different ambitions: she was more career driven, thus neglecting her marriage and giving him reason to cheat, though cheating being justifiable under any circumstances is debatable. In the end both seemed resigned and accepting of the consequences.

I don't usually like short stories, they miss out a lot of detail, characterization and emotion, but on this occasion it worked well, besides it was nice not having to read the often tedious back story. I particularly liked her sending details of her own liaisons and not actually having sex with her dates, it gave her a little revenge while making him feel her pain and also made her feel morally superior. I'm not advocating feminine power nor saying she was right, it was just a nice touch and would have worked equally well had it been him.

I guess a lot of readers will hate this for one reason or another, but I take it for what it is: a good story well told.

Thanks and five stars from me

Rw43Rw43almost 3 years ago

In my bedroom, nobody falls out of bed by accident. They get pushed. We joke about it, but the meaning is obvious. Two marriage partners are like kids in bed pretending we are on a raft surrounded by sharks. Survival depends on keeping each other in the raft until one is truly cold-blooded enough to shove the other out.

In this story, she didn't have to shove hard, but she definitely shoved. If she was having him followed or spied on that quickly after he began travelling, she doubted him to start with.

As husband acknowledged, neither even mentioned "love" in their post mortem conversation. We have to wonder why she got married in the first place.

Him? We know why he got married: he wanted easy pussy. Turns out that traveling pussy is more rewarding to him than stay-at-home pussy. Too bad that with his new job he's not going to get either one.

Thanks for another thought-provoking snapshot of life. It's hard to like some of your characters, just as it can be hard to like some real people if you get to know their inner motivations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A good solid 4. Since the MC was so flawed, hard to feel much. But that was the author's point, so well done. Meanwhile, gotta love Kalimaxos' comments! And as to my fellow Anon who preceded Huedogg2 with his comment, I doubt he'll be getting paid. She's a lawyer, after all. And she's got evidence. An even split is more likely. And as Huedogg2 remarked, she got what she wanted. And as Rw43 noted, he won't.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

A story about two worthless people in a dead marriage. This dark piece is your best work thus far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incomplete. More like an Introduction or Prologue

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Superbly done.

I hope the lawyer wife will clean him out.

Nothing could justify the cheating whether it's the husband or the wife.

There are consequences, and I'm glad MC was man enough to know he messed up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I find with couples I know when the wife is the bread winner it sometimes becomes a problem. I think maybe I’m guessing that they may look down on the less successful, ambitious man . It’s only because of how the decline in those marriages had similar arguments leading up. I’d have no problem with my wife being successful or if she made more but would not handle it hood if work consumed all her time or if she talked down to me but it is easy to see how this may happen. Also men that her peers are always looking to fuck would chase use hubby’s work to t as LI down snd possible to break down her shield and have her see hubby in a different light

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why trashing the wife? If you actually read the story, her withholding began 4 months before - when she learned about the second woman, Olivia.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

OMG it’s pants

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No problems with the story. It is really the same as I have read here a hundred times but it is the wife who cheats on the over worked and ambitious husband. SO in the end she gets her super career and he can now continue to screw around all he wants. Its just someone or both are now 50% less in material goods.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 3 years ago

I don’t understand the complaints about this nuanced painful putting of the shoes on the husband’s feet for once. I think I do understand it actually. To too many people here having the husband get the treatment usually reserved for the slutty wife stands the universe on its head and so MUST BE RESISTED!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Holy shit... you call this a story? It's like reading a lame ass report. No tension, no development. What a waste of time

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

All of your male characters are crushingly weak. You always say in your prologue that you do not write sequels. That is good since none of your characters are worth revisiting. I just re-read your catalog hoping to find at least one story I could care about. Not yet but keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a wimp! Do the crime, do the time. He made a choice and now his chickens have come home to roost. Why is he sad? Take his half of their assets and move on. Move far away if necessary. Worthless, unfinished story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Depressing, just depressing. I don’t need that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a shit show. You consistently write weak male MCs so it appears to be on purpose. Here, the wife is nothing more than a self centered bitch that cannot claim the high ground any more than a man who neglects his marriage while married to his job. Nothing new here and a bit of a troll with the wife's character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a good introspective piece of writing. It's not what the unwashed masses want, apparently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I came so hard from reading this "realistic" story, as we know any story that makes us depressed and portrays the husband as a clueless cuckold is a "realistic" story. 50000 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cheating fuck got what he deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

this is too stupid to criticize. not introspective, just a blithering nonsensical narrative that in the end just confuses itself into the muddle from which is started.

The Unwashed Masses

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If she wasn't lying about not sleeping with those guys: GOOD ON HER, FUCK THAT CHEATING PIECE OF SHIT "HUSBAND"

Hope she finds happiness elsewhere.

As for the douchebag cheater, he needs to grow the fuck up. Adultery is never the answer.

5 solid stars. Great BTB story. Honestly didn't think this author had it in them tbh. Good on you fam

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He cheats and the misogynistic morons of Literotica blame her and call him a cuck. Do they even bother reading the story?

A clever and sharp piece of writing far beyond the ken of the unwashed masses.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Few of your commenters seem to recognise that this is s tragedy for everyone involved. Well done.

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

Well written and good story.

Interesting that she wore both a dress and a skirt to dinner.

I have to say..I haven't noticed a likeable male character in any of your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a Dumbass! Steve never thought anything about love until the first picture arrived .

This is such a bad writer. When you write in first person, the reader knows ALL the characters thoughts. Keeping secrets is LYING to the reader. This would get you a big fat F in a writing class.

There actually is a loophole. Just create a character like the fictional Norman Bates in "Psycho", or the real "Eve" and "Sybil"; people with Multiple Personality Disorder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He got what he deserved

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can’t say he was despicable. I think he was looking for whatever intimacy he could get. But he shouldn’t have done what he did. He should have divorced her. As far as her She shouldn’t be married if all she cares about is her job. She certainly wasn’t someone who cared or respected her spouse either.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userConPulsion@ConPulsion
I'm just an old guy living in England, with a slightly imaginative, dirty mind who is too old to do it, so has to put his wishful thinking into writing.