All Comments on 'Pictures of Her'

by intim8

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
jamesapplejamesapple29 days ago

You make for a very emotional story. Well done.

32aa32aa29 days ago

"Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed it.

If you did, why not throw a star or two on it?"

How about 5 Big stars. Beautiful story, with a nice lead up to the wonderful and emotional ending.

I've read your story, 'Last Summer'. That too was a beautifully written.

BlueFox007BlueFox00729 days ago

Thank you for reminding me of all those pictures I took of my sweat heart 62-40 years ago, and still have framed on the refrigerators at the cabin. We’re older now, but still so much in love. You told our story beautifully. 5 stars. Keep writing.

G5902G590229 days ago

O my goodness, I thought that I had favorite stories over the last few years but I was wrong. This is the most romantic story I’ve ever read!!! Thank you so much for sharing this incredible story!!!

A_7678A_767829 days ago

Great story. Sometimes you can see where the story is going but it's all about the journey.

RFFASTRFFAST29 days ago

I believe your line,

"Her high heels made her statuesque, like that singular plane of existence she occupied had finally tipped up to float above the world of mere mortals."

Is likely the most romantic line on this entire website.

As a photographer, THANK YOU for capturing the essence of romance through the lens.

Fantastic story.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste29 days ago

I'm only sorry that 5-stars is the maximum allowed.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

WOW!!!!!

KarenCDFLKarenCDFL29 days ago

What a lovely story with the best ending ever!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Thank you. Fantastic story. Beautifully written.

cjbittxcjbittx29 days ago

one word - Perfect

steppinontoessteppinontoes29 days ago

Five stars many times over, excellent story

muskyboymuskyboy28 days ago

Lousy ending IMO. Sorry

FromGrnMtnFromGrnMtn28 days ago

A beautiful and perfect story. Perfect in that there wasn't any part of it that I felt it should have been told differently. I was just along for the ride so to speak.

And I find this one of best stories I've read here!

I look forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago
Brilliant!

Gorgeous story! Painted pictures in my mind of the photos he took, and the love that developed between them over the years! One of the best works on this site in my humble opinion. Please continue to grace us with your tales!

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

What a great story. Somewhere along the way I began to get an idea of how this would turn out, but the moment they both realized they had already met "the one" was very well written.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Marvelously bittersweet ending! 5 stars. Great storytelling.

rangertedrangerted28 days ago

very well done, remarkable story and beautifully written. thank you for sharing your talent with us readers.

NorthJerseyLearnerNorthJerseyLearner28 days ago

Amazing story. Great job. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Sweet story. I like the entire notion of a person documenting a life well lived…the good and the bad. Such a good premise to build a story around. There were a couple of unbelievable moments, as you likely know, but you did a wonderful job of showing a friendship growing into a loving relationship. 5

VitavieVitavie28 days ago

I like this and other stories by intim8, because this author is subtle, thoughtful and credible, rather than sensationalist and far-fetched, like so many others. I only attempt to do the same in my own stories.

SlithyToveSlithyTove28 days ago

A very unique approach, and extremely well done. Yes, it was clear where this was going to go, but it was well worth the journey.

ChooseLove1972ChooseLove197227 days ago

Just amazing… thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

This is certainly one of the best conceived and written stories on Lit. 5 stars unreservedly. Only one slight complaint. If her death is supposed to be an almost current event he could not have been recording pictures for all those years on memory cards. He would have started out when roll film was the most available medium for amateur photographers. Not a big deal really but just a mildly distracting anachronism.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

V G

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

“I knew it wouldn't, and besides, I had a date tonight.”

Unfortunate slip from past tense to present. Should have been “…that night.”

I don’t see her not having had sex with “the one”. Having Jason be her first was a bit too cliched.

Otherwise a nice story. 5*

crystal_fancrystal_fan26 days ago

What a nice story! Thanks so much for sharing

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson31415925 days ago

A really lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

We are so misty and so touched by two finally becoming one forever and ever - to the moon and back ❤️❤️

A beautiful beginning to a warm and beautiful ending - together as it was meant to be.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Absolutely amazing. It captures so much.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Beautiful

GoosebumpgiverGoosebumpgiver24 days ago

Well now. 5 ⭐️. All the way. I am not much of a Romance category guy but stumbled across this story and just couldn’t put it down. Great job.👏🏻👍🏻

BruceWoBruceWo23 days ago

Absolutely outstanding

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft23 days ago

Lovely story, and well-told. Thank you for posting it! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

There are many outstanding stories on this site. Each for its own reason.

This story, imho, best captures both the name of the site and of the category.

I am simply amazed.

It simply deserves many more 5's so that it gains its rightful place in the Romance Hall of Fame.

THC

mikesch_236mikesch_23622 days ago

Absolutely loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

A truly extraordinary story from an author new to me. What a pleasure! Thanks for sharing your talent here. Just a couple of minor errors: “taught tendons” should have been “taut” and “complimented” should probably have been “complemented.” Now, to start reading some other stories from this author. Joy!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy18 days ago

Love is around the corner. You only have to be open to it. Very enjoyable!

5

Publius68Publius6818 days ago

Simply fabulous.

The slowest of burns, and in a great way. Your descriptions are sensuous and rich, and accomplish exactly what they are meant to.

I loved this story, despite the way it sometimes frustrated me, because it frustrated me in exactly the way you meant it to.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Just amazing, although I have mixed feelings about being told that they were separated by death— you know it has to happen but being told, explicitly, is so beautiful and bittersweet.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Wonderful, I really understand what the lens shows you.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Thank you. Great emotional impact. I feel the ending appropriate, as you said: bookended.

SilverFoxMulletSilverFoxMullet13 days ago

Beautiful, moving, and inspiring! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Wow, that’s some seriously great story, intim8, thanks for sharing it here. I wasn’t really surprised when Jason and Tina fell in love with each other, after all this is the Romance section. But as they say, it’s not necessarily the destination but the journey that’s important. And this was one helluva journey you took us on. Again, thanks again for sharing, it’s a great story. Five stars.

Dee

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Perfect. *chef's kiss*

Thank you for the story.

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandt9 days ago

You did yourself proud.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Perfection. This storie gives me hope.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Thank you for a beautiful story! So well written. I couldn't leave it alone...had to go back and read it again, and again and again.

gl0rf1nd3lgl0rf1nd3l3 days ago

It made me cry, thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userintim8@intim8
I write in a fantasy universe where STD's aren't a concern and birth control works every time, where most people are intelligent, respectful, and well adjusted, where 18 or 20 year olds can be both sweetly innocent and wise beyond their years. and where older people are open t...