All Comments on 'Pinwheel Remastered'

by Snekguy

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
God damnit Snek...

I'm supposed to be reading for my China class! How am I supposed to get through graduate school when you keep uploading?

SnekguySnekguyabout 5 years agoAuthor

And of course, the moderators didn't do what I asked them to do and replace the original Pinwheel upload with this new story. If they do the same with the other 13 re-edits that I still have to upload, then it's going to be a total clusterfuck.

In other news, I now have an Amazon store if you'd like to check it out, there are links in my bio.

TLB1981TLB1981about 5 years ago

Are you going to remaster pinwheel stories in order.

SnekguySnekguyabout 5 years agoAuthor
@TLB1981

Current completed remasters are:

-Warband

-Demon Gate

-Queen of Jarilo

-Splashdown

-Purple Heart

-Outpost

-Goetic Justice

-Goetic Justice 2

-Hot Kofe

-Date with a Drifter

-Rig Runner

-Fineprint

-Raz the Farmer

Next up I'll be doing an editing pass on Birds of Prey, and then on Friendly Competition. They're not really in order, I've just remastered the ones that I currently have book covers for, and I'll be doing edits on other stories as soon as I can afford to commission covers for those ones.

The remasters are all available on my Patreon or on Amazon, and I'll be getting them uploaded here soon, it just takes a little while for them to be approved. Looks like I might need to look into how to replace existing stories too, this upload was supposed to replace the original Pinwheel with the updated version. I don't want two different versions of each story going up.

I'm also 20,000 words into a brand new story, so expect that this month.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 5 years ago
This is a wonderful story and a great introduction to your world.

Thank you so much for this. I had forgotten how compressed the time period was that the story to place in. Great characters and the world building is tremendous. I look forward to everyone of your remasters.

RpierzRpierzabout 5 years ago
Said it before & will again

This series would be fantastic as a tabletop RPG. The tough part would be the balancing act, who'd want to play a human character when the Krell & Borealans are SO much more powerful?

I really dig the universe though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Next Story

Great story, I’m waiting for someone to write a story about a hidden kryptonian on the pinwheel posing as a Marine Paired up with a Borealan!!

EdgarAllanJoeEdgarAllanJoeabout 5 years ago
Love All of Your Work

I'm a huge fan, so I can't wait to to read this chapter by chapter in the nights to come! Keep up the great work!

SnekguySnekguyabout 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

Not sure if trolling...

Cat-people were a trope in sci-fi and fantasy long before and long after Larry Niven wrote the Man-Kzin Wars, and that wasn't the first appearance of the Kzinti. I'm actually a huge Larry Niven fan and I'm very familiar with his work.

You have the Kilrathi from Wing Commander, the Caitian from the Star Trek Animated Series (in which the Kzinti actually appeared as a cameo), the Hani from the Chanur novels by C.J Cherryh, the Venek from Farscape, the Cathar from Star Wars, the Ctarl Ctarl from Outlaw Star, too many examples from fantasy settings and videogames to even list, such as the Khajiit from Elder Scrolls and the Charr from Guild Wars. Just look up 'Catfolk' on TVtropes, there are hundreds of examples.

Not to mention that my Borealans have nothing in common culturally or physiologically with the Kzinti, which you would know if you had read the story.

You might as well say that anyone who writes about robots is plagiarizing Isaac Asimov.

The Pinwheel is a torus-shaped space station that is spun to simulate gravity, and which serves as a Naval base, while Larry Niven's Ringworld is a giant megastructure the diameter of the Earth's orbit that serves as an artificial planet. Besides the fact that they're both vaguely ring-shaped, they have nothing in common. If Larry Niven has a copyright on torus-shaped objects then Dunkin' Donuts is going down hard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you!

I much enjoyed this story and found it to be well written.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 5 years ago
Good idea

I've reported the two abusive comments, which violate Literotica "Sign Up agreement" provision 12 - "threats or harassment toward other users". Please report other such comments if they occur ("!" button at the bottom right of the comment).

As for the story, it's always nice to hear from one of your favorite authors. Just recently I've re-read the Pinwheel Universe and the first story did seem very short compared to the next ones. Still Raz is my favorite character out of all non-humans in the series. Looking forward to reading more about her.

Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

BigYin1981BigYin1981about 5 years ago
Hmmmm

Anonymous seems to have anger issues, as well as being a dick of course...Anywho. Nice rewrite Snek, the fight scene was too rushed before so i'm glad you bulked it out. I'm also glad you went deeper into Raz's personality, especially in showing vulnerability with Stanley as it was too much Dom/Sub before rather than equal yet not if you know what i mean, Anyway, nice job 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story.

Great, well written story with one glaring error. No Marine would ever refer to another Marine as Soldier, just as no Soldier would ever refer to another Soldier as Marine. Those of us who have earned either of those titles are proud of that accomplishment and know the difference. Different missions, different traditions. Granted, your story takes place sometime in the future but regardless of how far in the future you want to go, those distinctions will remain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great read

Cat people have been around for hundreds of years and space planet stations for dozens of years before Niven was even pooping his diapers. And as for war well thats been around almost as long as Adam and Eve. The only fraud I see here is Bugs Bunnys friend Mr. Ultra Maroon, the Gull a bull and Nin cow poop whom I am sure has a wall full of participation trophys. The sex scenes were over done for my taste but it was quite well written so I read thru it anyway. I quite liked this repost of the original and thought it added a lot to a story that was already a good read. This story is every bit as good as the last 3 or 4 you posted here which are all skillfully written so keep the great work coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ceiling?

The floor would be the outermost surface of the station as you have described it, would it not? Why were the Betelgeusan boarders coming out of the ceiling?

KJay15KJay15about 5 years ago
Not my thing....

Great concept, love the Sci-fi aspect but the whole shy little man/big strong dominant woman doesn't do anything for me, made it a struggle to finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Trash

Not reading a "sci-fi" author that thinks micro-gravity could be anything but awesome.

Stick to what you know guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Couldn't get into the MC

Comes off like an awkward high schooler instead of a trained Marine

cindyp1976cindyp1976about 4 years ago
Love this series

I really love this series I haven't been able to put it down. I would love it if you could write about more of the characters introduced in some of the stories as friends and teammates of some of the main characters. I also wouldn't mind seeing some kick ass human women as Marines getting involved with some of these aliens.

EratharEratharalmost 4 years ago
2nd time around!

This is my second reading this. I really do love the world you've created.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yay! Tyranids ...

A nice space opera, though it has a 'teens save the world' kind of vibe. Would be ideal as a Teen / Young Adult book, with the sex trimmed of course, which I don't think would hurt the story. The only other weakness, IMHO, is that Stanley often acts like a 14 year old, and could do with acting his age.

As a 40k player, it's nice to see a Tyranid like enemy. And do the Krell seem like carnifexes to anyone else?

Still a few text errors and wrong words for publication (e.g. "scuff around the ears"), but we could be looking at the next Brandon Sanderson.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

good story ...love this universe u have created .....in the heat of passion that prehensile tale could give him a unexpected prostate massage .)

JAF1953JAF1953over 2 years ago

Just finishing page 5, does Stanley not have a backbone, at all?

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

A joy to read, difficult to put down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time around

I either like, or love the stories. Not a huge fan of the femdom but it’s ok as it relates to the story. Depictions of face sitting turns me off. I’m sure it’s the opposite for other readers.

~Spiny

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

It's been a while since I've read the original Pinwheel, so I'm not sure what the changes are but I think there is more sex in the revised version. Still a feel good story with a happy ending. Thanks

rickydean56rickydean5610 months ago

Hard to finish. I won't read anymore. Your later work s were good other than your fat tit obsession

Iden_in_the_RainIden_in_the_Rain9 months ago

"Come on, we're in like... combat." This is the dialogue I love lol

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSnekguy@Snekguy
Check out my new website over at Snekguy.com, where you can read the Pinwheel Wiki, see galleries for book covers and concept art, and more! I now have Ebooks available on Amazon and Smashwords! Buying a copy of your favorite story is a great way to support me. amazon.com/auth...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Pinwheel Previous Part
Pinwheel Series Info