All Comments on 'Pipestone Bible Camp Ch. 03 - Growing Pains'

by LingeringAfterthought

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
jra13jra13over 1 year ago

So basically Kurt is a complete loser and unfortunately Mel has wasted her virginity and part of her life on him. She needs to wake up and walk....how many red flags does she need?

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

jra13: Kurt is a guy who didn't learn to process his pain, disappointment and deal with his ADHD and ended up developing some substance use issues. Despite that, he's talented, charming, and sincerely loves Melanie... so he wants to be that guy that can deliver, but he's in no shape to do it.

Melanie is feeling loved for the first time in her life, and after growing up surrounded by people who weren't into her, that's a hard thing to let go of. So, she's a doormat in denial. She's learning to say "no," but she's not at the point of being able to walk away.

They're imperfect people. Young, stupid, and figuring it out. They're the people you wish you could slap some sense into before they make some lasting mistakes.

Dangit, I need to finish this thing. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh good… this isn’t finished. That explains my confusion about how it just kind of.. stopped. Wasn’t sure if I was meant to have read more into it and come to my own conclusion for the ending. Read this a while ago but only noticed Pipestone - The Best Man recently which also made me think I had perhaps missed something more concrete happening. All good! Enjoyed the series and will happily read more if you end up finishing it :) Thank you.

nhhungrymannhhungrymanover 1 year ago

I sure hope you finish this story! Hate when a really good story goes dark in the middle!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

I will! Seriously. It just needs to assemble itself in my head. Right now it's an outline in my head. It's there, it just needs me to have enough introvert time to get it out.

wishful_inkerwishful_inker7 months ago

I hope you can continue this story, it's very well-written and the characters are vibrant. I hope Melanie ends up with Tim!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLingeringAfterthought@LingeringAfterthought
04/08/24 - Still alive, writing and doing stuff. Had one of those stretches where stories are spinning on my head, but life didn't let me write. Now, I'm working on a new story for Geek Pride... if they're having Geek Pride this year. Karen Saves the Universe: Aliens kidna...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES