All Comments on 'Plain Jane the Chameleon'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bigbob2406bigbob240611 months ago

Lovely story,thank you very much.

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite11 months ago

For some reason the Detectorists theme song is running through my head. Spicy and sweet (but not not overly).

TelleophoneTelleophone11 months ago

I actually got a little misty eyed…

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Lovely story. Back to the land. And to the love of his life.

HT81HT8111 months ago

Nice. Always a pleasure to read your stuff!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y perfect! 5*

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Nothing to fault, great story. 5⛤

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟.......and so on and so on. What a great love story. We'll written characters burst with life and vitality. Not until the last page during Mike's meeting with Jane's mom where he "excepted" rather than "accepted " a handshake did I notice grammatical errors. I will be going back over this authors work.

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Very, very nice story. Thanks 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

WindySwimmingWindySwimming11 months ago

Loved it! Such a well-crafted romantic story. Must confess, eyes got quite misty upon the denouement. Mega kudos, five stars.

WS

mac1729mac172911 months ago

Wonderful story

Thank you for writing

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Simply excellent P. Now it’s off I go to browse the other works by this superb author.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Awww....

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

superb,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ThebiffThebiff11 months ago

A beautiful story

linnearlinnear11 months ago

Beautiful story, I was broken hearted when he left. Thank you for a wonderful tale.

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

Loved the intricate detailing of how you grew Michael into a man that accepted responsibility, prepared himself once he knew what he wanted, and didn't look back, taking charge of his life as best he knew how. 5

Anon4NowAnon4Now11 months ago

Absolutely beautiful story! moved me to tears,well told and lovingly developed. love your craftsmanship in your stories, my only regret is I cant score this one a ten! never stop turning out such great stories, thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Excellent! A beautiful story!!

DontPanic442DontPanic44211 months ago

Wonderful story. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Brilliant. Managed to keep the ending hidden until close to the conclusion but I was hoping he would come back to Jane. 5⛤

woodrangewoodrange11 months ago

Nice, really a very cool story

Ilove2readwithuIlove2readwithu11 months ago

Sweet story. I had to rule out reason and just appreciate the end.

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

An exceptional tale! I realistically know that teen agers are not well enough developed emotionally or societally to know or appreciate where they are in life and what they truly need, but it Fantsyland some of them do indeed know. I thought there was too much emphasis on the sex in the middle and a couple of pages of that could have created more of a balanced story, but the taste of the story at the end was all good. Certainly worth a 5* rating with a genuine feel-good after-taste.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Sometimes we have to go elsewhere to find ourselves!

5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A good story - thank you.

technofrog2002technofrog200210 months ago

Oh my goodness that was a fantastic story. You did an excellent job of bringing the characters alive. I was a little sad when it was over. You definitely have a gift.

PurplefizzPurplefizz10 months ago

Wonderful story, whilst I know nothing of Hoboken, I’m quite familiar with the area around New Quay on the Welsh west coast, sunshine and rain in equal quantities, along with a green so vibrant it looks like spring all summer long…

I loved your characters, you gave them that ring of authenticity, I knew a girl back in the period you wrote this in who dyed her hair black/pink/purple on a Friday evening and was a Siouxsie lookalike all weekend, but washed it out Sunday night and was back to being a regular dental nurse on Monday morning, I’ve never thought of her as a chameleon, but I will now, thank you.

I’ve got a couple of very minor gripes, firstly Janes speech phrasing seemed more Irish than Welsh, which kept throwing me off as I read, the other was Jane referring to “loathing Billy since first grade”, here in the U.K. we’ve never called our school years “grades”, back in the 80’s she’d have loathed him since either nursery school (kindergarten) or the first year of infant school (5-7yrs of age).

Gripes aside I loved this story, it’s a solid 5⭐️ and brought back lovely memories of working on a fruit farm the long hot summer after I’d left school but had yet to begin Technical College in the Autumn.

Many thanks for both writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very good story, and very well written. Thank you, Mr Frankenstein. I will say that by about the fourth page I was suspecting Jane of being more of a multi-personality schizophrenic than a chameleon. I mean, she did display some drastic personality changes. But it all came together and seemed to end “happily ever after “. Yes, a great story.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thanks for such a beautiful story. I can rate it at within top 1% of more than 5000 stories I have read on this site for over last 7 years.

xtrail65xtrail659 months ago

Always a great read. This is a story that I really love.

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141598 months ago

What a truly lovely story. And what a gorgeous dream of a romance.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was absolutely fantastic!

poopybrodypoopybrody7 months ago

Beautiful. Thank you for this gift.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm on page 2. I love the story. but just to be pedantic, Newport (West Wales ) is about 20 miles south of Plump.

Going from Plump towards Newport, the sea would be on your right. Also 'Fech' is Irish not welsh.

I love the American and English dialog mix and look forward to reading on.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It's me again,

I've now read the whole story. I really liked it. I'm sure the author must have spent time in West Wales to get the story right

In my previous comment I mixed Newport and New Quay due to the odd spelling. New Quay and Plwmp are less than 7 miles apart, making the whole story accurate

Feck,and Grand are definately Irish and Jesus, Mary and Josphef is only said by Irish Catholics who have seen the light and emigrated here. My farming neighbours are Chapel and I was taught all my farming skills by them.

There are many small holdings here.

I live a few miles away and know New Quay and Plwmp well.

Thanks again for a great story.

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

I just read this for the second time and although some of it was familiar it still built to the same climax and left me with the same feel-good aftertaste. I now have a question in my mind about whether or not Jane planned the child, but it doesn't make any difference. I realize that the wild girl of the pre-Michael era changed as their relationship developed and her fidelity to him while he was gone was a little unusual, but somehow the whole package sill makes sense...and is still worth a 5* even if you can't change the rating the second time. I thought it was an extraordinary story then and I still do. Thank you.

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[05.01.24]

Feckin' Bloody Fantastic!

11/10 Dawgz Ballox!!!!!

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[04.01.24] Duex

I forgot to ask about this passage:

And it wasn't until late in the night when I finally heard one, I knew. Billy Idol belting out," Dancing with myself".

Was that with or without the rest of his band Generation X??

Magic_CapMagic_Cap4 months ago

Simply one of your very best - chapeau !

You manage to create images in my mind so that I experience the story "live"!

I really like your way of writing: everything just "fits" : The characters, the plot, nothing exaggerated, but everything described in detail - just great !

It‘s almost a pitty that I only can give 5/5 Stars … !

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

We so loved your love story, and we got misty reading through it more than once.

A forever and ever love to the moon and back, or just maybe to Jane forever.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Second time I have read this in a year. Many more to follow I am sure. Simply beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thank you. This was just lovely.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Thank you. I loved it, loved the characters and it made me happy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...