All Comments on 'Plain Jayne'

by demure101

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Lovely

I really enjoy this story, smooth and fluid writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
sweet

love the simplicity and sweetness of this story and its characters.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
LATE BLOOMERS

always have deep running emotions ready to erupt. TK U MLJ LV NV

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago

You wrote this so well. Handsome George who saw the beauty within Jane and cared enough to bring her out of her shell into the light.

trite_readertrite_readerabout 12 years ago
Absolutely lovely

Great writing. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Caricatures

This whole story was well-written... but the characters felt caricatural, too perfect in their roles, and that made them somewhat uninteresting (the horror! the horror!). The language is great, but if you could put more of yourself into creating rich, unusual characters, readers will be able to care for said characters far more, and it will make the story more memorable and romantic.

DawnJDawnJalmost 12 years ago
It just goes to show...

...that the best treasures are often hidden in the least expected places. I love this story! It's sweet, tender, and full of love! You've established yourself as a writer with a tender heart, and this story shows it. And what I like about it is that it celebrates the simplicity and beauty of innocent love and pure passion. It's a pity we've become so cynical that we think an innocent person is not believable or isn't "unusual". Given the times in which we live, I'd say people like George and Jayne ARE unusual, and SHOULD be celebrated! Well done!

DrizdartDrizdartover 11 years ago
sadly neglected story

This is a delightful read, a romance in the best sense.

Having had a similar romance when younger, the only thing I would have wished is that you had found other ways to "compress" the time it took for the two to develop a trust and for her to agree to sleep with him. I know you want to have a SHORT story, not a novel, and given this site, you can't have a long series of events. But it struck me as odd that a Plain Jayne would move so quickly to trust, to jump to an unreserved commitment on so brief an acquiescence, even one "blessed" by another, longer term, friend.

Even so, I ranked this a 5.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Greater story nicely laid out.

I enjoyed the story but I felt the transition of Jayne could've been more climatic and complicated. However, it was a delight. The ending was a smack wall run with no epilogue or outcome. I wanted more plain and simple. I rated it five stars.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
It would be nice if

May and George could help her get a new pair of glasses to go with her new wardrobe. Take her to a spa for a personal treatment, an orthodontist, and then to a beautician/stylist and cosmetologist.

When she becomes a published author the "new" Jayne on the jacket would be introduced to the world with all the confidence she deserves.

HectorBidonHectorBidonabout 5 years ago
Lovely story

You really make the reader share in some of the happiness you imagine for the characters, I really liked the character May and her gracious generosity. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a beautiful story and, in my opinion, very underrated. I don’t know how I overlooked it for so long but I know now I need to check out the rest of this author’s stories. Thanks, demure101, for sharing this one.

Five stars, without a doubt.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous