All Comments on 'Play it Again Sam Pt. 06'

by kublicon

Sort by:
  • 325 Comments (Page 3)
tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
WOW

A great story. But you left us hanging, but that's another comment.

5*****

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
My thanks to jmmj5 author of "Her Teddy Bear"

At the end of his story was this message."Looking for something else to read? May I suggest Play it Again Sam by kublicon. This author has only posted this one story, but wow, what a story it is".

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
@ Lickideesplit 04/04/20

Why would the REST include the $? I think the rest was household items. The only debt she had after divorce was her student loan.

Medium quibble ... I took my clothes and personal items, left Sweetie the REST.

Sorry, but the ‘rest‘ includes 7 megabucks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Thankfully I feel he is playing the emotions of this perfectly, as I know from both sides of the divorce coin. The opposite of Love is not Hate, it is Indifference and Apathy. Hate is a strong emotion, it can be manipulated and played upon. Apathy... well, it's hard to care enough to respond to anything you don't care about at all.

OK, I'd kinda skipped over the humor of the tale, there's been at least one or two really good 'zings' each chapter.

"

"I am Batman." I whispered under my breath.

"

LMAO!

"

Julie made a few attempts to sway my decision, but she was playing against a stacked deck. My love for her was gone. I didn't cry, or rage, or waver. She couldn't get any traction when she tried to talk about 'us.'

"

Perfect. And I'm so glad he's going to 'air things out' with his circle of soul-less scumbag 'friends'.

HAH! Wonderful! *stupid grin*

Well, I'm off to send that (likely pointless) email to you.

Thanks so much for sharing your time and talent... it was truly a fantastic tale.

FljimFljimabout 4 years ago
Loved it

Sorry this is your only post here. Hopefully you are writing. If we can read more of your work somewhere please let us know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Please tell us that other story. I felt like the last bits got rushed a bit.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Yeah

Would love another one. Great story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Never gets old

Don't know how many times I have read this. Especially the last chapter.

blackswordblackswordabout 4 years ago

I'm sad to not see the other get what they merits.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Perfect stories

It's sad that you appear to have stopped writing after this wonderful series. I am truly a fan...

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnatealmost 4 years ago
I Didn't Want It To End

I've never favorited all the parts of a multi-part story before, but I guess there's a first time. While this wasn't flawless, there wasn't a single chapter that didn't engage me through top-notch writing.

* Humor, from the wry to goofy to the slapstick finale of Part 1 (I do wonder which # day it was to get that chain of events to flow so perfectly; I can see that you didn't want to tip your hand about the day # in Pt. 1 - better to keep the surprise in Pt. 2)

* The psychology of the bereaved in recovering from the the devastation of Wifey's affairs. Sam's progression through the loss were logical and felt real.

* The follow through on the plot lines as this story branched out from "just" a LW story. There were very few loose ends. As a "writer" who also has taken a stab at some LW-SF&F style stories, to varying degrees of ineptitude, this was extremely impressive and more than a bit instructional. It's interesting that while there are similarities in what some of my stories say and this opus, I can assure you that I read this well after my own were written. Plus, this is actually a good story...

* The self-improvement of Sam in his time was wonderful.

* The clear progression of each chapter taking a part in the life of Sam. As an author, you allowed each section to breathe and have its own focus. They naturally built on each other incrementally until the reader stops and realizes they're not in Kansas anymore. "Well? How did I get here?"

* The pop culture memes, references and easter eggs to how this would play out were fun to parse and rewind. This was like reading about someone doing a play through of Dark Souls 3, where they died a fuckload of times, but each playthrough sharpened their skills . This was smart and very topical. To that extent, I can only add "Roof Koreans are Best Koreans".

After reading so many stories here, I can pick up my 6-string and play along with BJ Thomas as we go through the "somebody done somebody wrong" chain of events. Like Sam, through pure repetition, I can pick up a plot within the first page. Not here. I had to re-read the first paragraph of Pt. 2 several times before I realized what you'd done. All that was missing was the "Phil? Phil Connors?" Sneaky sneaky...

Things I'm sad about: there's really not many. I kinda wanted to hear about the fallout from Sam's email revelations about all of the cheating going on. But, I realize that under 1st person narration, Sam had already moved on and had no interest in revisiting Wifey's treacherous family even if it was them getting some form of justice. But, likely it wouldn't have been enough. So there was a very clear intent to ignore this. My desire here is that all of the other loose ends were so well handled that this would've been a fun meting out of revenge.

One idea that was glossed over was the idea of an "intelligent design" at play, with him learning Hapkido/Korean just to have the antagonists be *gasp* Korean. This was hinted at, but then brushed away. Again, Sam wasn't a deep thinker, but was able to piece together a lot. He didn't have a need to explore this, but the way the ending came about with Ivette, there's clearly a story to tell there.

The other thing: where the hell are you? You drop this fantastic story here, apropos of nothing, and then disappear? I'm under no illusions - this is not the first story you've written. This is too good and too competent to be a first time. There's too much creativity here for this to be the only work either. I feel cheated about not being able to read more from you. This is one of the rare stories here that I would love to see expanded into a novel. I would pay to read more of stuff like this. I guess that makes this the biggest disappointment, that there isn't more.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 4 years ago

5* Outstanding story series!!! Please do come back and Write On!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
SOOO VERY THANKFUL...........

You didn't let Sam wuss out and take the cheating whore back. And following through on his promise to send out the emails was spot on. In reality it should have been a blast to everyone in his contact list.

WizardWhitebeardWizardWhitebeardover 3 years ago

This is REPLAY by Ken Grimwood. It's every bit as good in a short story form. It's one of the best Literotica stories ever. Thank you.

garyr19680garyr19680over 3 years ago

VERY good! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

This story has it all. Humor, heartbreak, vengeance, adventure, romance. You name it, this story has it.

Did I mention excellent?

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Great srory, BUT.....

When did Julie show up???? I went back and forth about 10 minutes, LITERALLY, trying to find the time loop that put Julie in the apartment with Sam, and Ivette. OOOOOhhh. I figure for sure she won the French lottery by knowing the numbers from the next day, because she was caught in a ...WAIT FOR IT........ TIME LOOP. Well ,it was a weird but happy ending anyway .8 stars, 'cause it was a bit long. I think I celebrated 2 birthdays while reading it. The Bear approves. I have to get to bed before 4:58 ;30 seconds .

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wow!

Well now , that was just amazingly good ,

Desert Rat

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Well, ain't that a nice little bow tie.

Pretty apt, since it plays out like a blockbuster, so the pat happy ending fits. Was a nice ride.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

This was a pleasure to read...

a second time.

Still love the nice twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was an amazing read. Thank you author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome!

Please write more stories!!!

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

That's a perfect ending to a really great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Brilliant!

More sir...please.

sabajones623sabajones623about 3 years ago
Plagiarism at its finest

Not from this author, but from Hollywood!!!! Convince me the new release, Boss Level, isn't stolen from this series and I'll eat my hat!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story! With Biden's border crisis allowing in people from 56 different countries, whether they have the virus or not, your story could sadly become reality as we do not know who these people are, nor how to track them. Of course coyotes know who many of them are and will know where they are in the U.S. and could use them for nefarious purposes as they know where their family members are in their countries of origin and can threaten them to get to their clients in the U.S. The republic is crumbling under our feet thanks to incompetence, indifference, a propaganda press and a power grabbing political party "progressively" moving to communism. Your story is prescient indeed.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Quite a story, stuck in a time loop, ground hogs day for 6-7 years, terroists and finds a mate with the same history, what are the odds? Very good writing. There are higher powers at work out there, believe it!

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago

This was two great stories actually. Being in the LW genre, I appreciated parts one through three. But somewhere in part four it morphed into a Si-Fi & Fantasy story. I wish you could have explored the revenge aspects with Julie and/or Dr. Dick. You certainly seem imaginative enough to pull it off.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

WTF? One brilliant series and then nada? Come on back!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I read it all over again, Sam (3rd)

ElBaj

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really great story. I’d echo what some others have said about the change in tone. You pulled off the shift into action/sci-fi pretty darn well, but I feel like some of the foundations of the infidelity-arch weren’t fully realised.

It’s such a fantastic idea to incorporate the ground hog day aspect into LW, and although I think you pulled it off pretty well, I just think even more could’ve been done. The fact the protagonist wasted so much time trying to crack her passwords and the longer descriptions of him making money, while several aspects of the affair were sort of rushed over felt slightly unsatisfying.

All in all though a 5* story for me. Would really love to read more from you.

RR431RR431almost 3 years ago

Five fucking well deserved stars. Best I’ve read on here. Loved it!!!

DarknsDarknsalmost 3 years ago

Sensational! My, you have a wonderful imagination, thank you for a great read. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well.

That was something else

Cheers

GodivaFanGodivaFanalmost 3 years ago

One of my favorite story series. Not the same old LW fare!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. I really enjoyed this story. The marriage ended for him in a wimper, which makes sense, since he had 4 years to deal with it. I think it was all fresh to wifey , and she was feeling a lot of pain. Just a public service announcement to all you women who are contemplating cheating- When you get caught, if you cannot understand why you did this to a good man, understand you are not doing him any good by fighting the divorce, or worse yet, trying to get him to accept the situation. Put your big girl panties on, accept your responsibility, and allow him to leave the marriage with some dignity. It’s no longer, all about you.....

5 stars!

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Awesome story! Wish you were still active.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story and the only one this author has published. Little confused at the end when Ivette became Julie when they talked about Tapioca day. I was pleased to see Savate mentioned it's not a well known martial art now. I trained in it from the age of 9 for about 10 years before moving to krav maga and karate.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

What a tremendously creative story. Yes it has the LW content but is much more than just a cheating story. The only problem is the cheaters do face the actual revenge. Would love to see more follow up to this story.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

overall it was a good story! glad he divorced the wife and moved on. seems like the author left the ending to lead into another story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very perty good story and I thank you for it.....bill

a;;; 555ss every time I read it LOL

a very good cheap good story FREE

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

This is a very creative story which kept me hooked to the end and it was so much more than just BTB or erotica. I enjoyed it. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A contender for literotica's best story ever.

Wouldn't mind an epilogue of what happened to the cheaters

MwestohioMwestohioover 2 years ago

Reread this and it is still just an amazing story

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951over 2 years ago

what a great story! i first found it on the favorites list of a commentor specificly part six. if you have just read this part, I urge you to read all six chapters. its a little slow in the middle, but after you finish chapter 5, you will probably reread part 6 again to. i did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great read touch's many hot story spots who helped with the edits looked very clean. Hope you will post more stories!

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

I like to write long comments. This time I won't. AMAZING STORY - fit for a Twilight Zone movie with a bit of Groundhog Day thrown in! 10 Stars - I tried voting twice but they wouldn't let me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Started off as a good but standard completely surprised loving husband story. Then greatness happened. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Holy shit. I am surprised and yet not. When he was talking about what she could do and everything I was like "this is too good to be true lol, she's gotta be some gov't agent or secret spy or something." Turns out she was ALSO in a time loop. Fucking amazing. Best thing I've ever encountered on Literotica.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Read in one sitting. It's that good. 5*

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 2 years ago

Really good story. Just one obscure complaint. They were interrogated for days, believing that they were being bugged 24-7. Yet they still had enough faith in the US government to believe that their home hadn't been bugged while they were gone. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've EVER read. Easy 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was fantastic! Six stars?

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

If ALL reset at 0458hrs but his 'knowledge' then his $7M had to be re-programmed at work each loop-day? The last programmed trade(s) on that very last loop-day kept the $7M since the loop-day never reset - with the tax gift - he had it made. But I'd have put the East coast in the rear-view mirror - heading for a reclusive lake ranch !!!

\

So it looks like Ivette got pulled into her own same-as loop and made good like him until he stopped the loop...

\

6*, Hooyah, Salutes in a good Twilight Zone, Rod Serling would be proud.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsalmost 2 years ago

Second reading and I’d forgotten just how good a story this was. Yes some borrowing from Groundhog Day and unrealistic scenarios but hell so what when the end result is so satisfying.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayalmost 2 years ago

Can't believe it took me this long on literotica to find one of the best stories on the website. This is truly just incredible. Loved the whole thing and I'll honestly probably read it again a couple times in the future.

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

This was an amazing totally crazy story! Worth way more than a 5. Sense I cannot give more than a five by clicking on the stars, I will type a six in the comments. 6+

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

There sure were a lot of extended comment about this story, good writing and well worth 5 stars.

There are obviously a few holes here and there but they don't really matter. It was a very entertaining story. A loving but cheating wife, continuing retribution against the wife and her paramour which became boring for him as do all things that just become rote. He finally got so bored with the situation he noticed the flash of light then the mushroom cloud. He was out of his funk! Curiosity had him now and a way to end his 'ground hog' day. Regardless of the gaps and holes a very entertaining story.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

I literally laughed out loud and spit my coffee at the "I am Batman" line!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Impossible to read the direction of this story, which made it so intensely fascinating.

A tour-de-force indeed. 5*

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 2 years ago

Read it again.. Went from a 4* to a 5*

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

5 starts!!! BUT, it seems like he could have remained friends with Julie. He lost his hate and animosity. There was still the trust and disrespect, but again that should have faded over time, and she did take a bullet for him.

Also, I hope it was a typo on the last page, because I sure didn't get the comment:

"I looked to Julie to see if she was amused, but she had gone bone white.

"July 15th?" She rasped. "Are you telling me that your attack was on July 15th?"

I was confused by her sudden intensity."

I assume you meant Ivette, not Julie.

Lastly since she went through a similar time-loop, this reminded me of several TV shows that had similar concepts of time resetting. To have multiple people reset at the same moment.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Too long, much too long. And very boring through many passages.

Father_LustFather_Lustalmost 2 years ago

@usaret, obviously you've never read a story with class before. This story was great. Loved everything about it from the mystery and intrigue to the occasional smut. I came for the lewds, but most certainly stayed for the plot. I hope you work on more stories cause stuff like this is great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Original. Fascinating. Just over the edge from believable. Captured my attention. Would make a really good movie. Do another one. Thanks.

Ed

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Great conclusion to a great story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just re-read this story after many years. Still fresh, still exciting, still extremely good. Wish you were writing more.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

Stellar x 5. Perfect resolution to the mate problem. Obviously meant to be.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This is an amazing story. Easily top 5 I read this year, maybe last couple of years.

I ordinarily give easy 1 star to stories where cheating wife isn't burned, but the author very masterfully and meticulously justified that decision on the part of the protagonist, so even that felt like a benefit to the story, not a detriment.

Wish I could give 10 stars. My only complaint is "why didn't this author write anything else since then? The author is amazing!".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant. Absolutely loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful yarn! Very imaginative and cinematic! A combination of groundhogs day and Edge of Tomorrow! Loved it, loved it loved it!

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

More like Palm Springs than Groundhog Day, I loved this story!

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

I wish you would come back, Kublicon, to write some more of these two or really anything. This is one of the most creative, finest stories on this free site. And there are some very good authors, published authors, that also write here. I believe you to be one as well. I have no idea why you came down like a thunderbolt, but sure would love to.

Tarloso2Tarloso2over 1 year ago

A really good story...I enjoyed it immensely

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Would love part 2 from her perspective and how long she was stuck in the loop

CaedynCaedynover 1 year ago

Fantastic! I loved this story. Very clever blending of the genres of Loving Wives and Sci Fi. Thanks for sharing your work, and I hope to read more someday. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fucking so good! My Favorite Story!!

avidreader123avidreader123over 1 year ago

Die Hard meets Ground Hog Day. :) Thanks you, loved the story. Loved the retribution against Dr. Asshole by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was an enjoyable read. Quite a bit better than many of the Kindle unlimited books I've sampled. Thank you. I woukd enjoy reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and imaginative. Comparable to Die Hard series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You magnificent bastard. Helluva story. I would have loved to learn more about Sam's Fleur de lis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This could be a new movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess all the badass macho things Sam did were just exterior cosmetics to cover for the fact that no longer was he a naive cuck, sucker, and wimp internally, but a fully aware and dedicated cuck, sucker, and wimp.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureover 1 year ago

Haha fun clever story. 5

LucasredLucasredover 1 year ago

Truly entertaining. 5 for 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

THANKYOU. THANKYOU.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant reinterpretation of Groundhog Day, the sad thing is this is your only work, this was quality writing from beginning to end.

5*s doesn’t seem adequate.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

Well worth the read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

I don't know how but dam i wish there was more

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

great job. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story is one of the LW legends.

Damn I wish the author had kept contributing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Simply a blast to read! Kick ass baby!

We want more! We want more! We want more! Everybody now... We want more!

More stories I mean, this was pretty great as is.

SorchakSorchak11 months ago

Damn! This was the most kick-ass sci-fi, cheating wife story I have *EVER* read. So much so, I can absolutely forgive the small editing errors with no qualms or complaints whatsoever. (Like where Sam looks at Ivette, but calls her Julie.) It's really too bad kublicon hasn't written any more. I would give up a body part to read more about Ivette and Sam after their little revelation. Or even what happened during Ivette's time.

MarkT63MarkT6311 months ago

Excellent series. I am soooo glad he divorced the slut, and found true love...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous