All Comments on 'Play Misty for Me'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
Excellent.

I loved the movie and the song,

of course, is a classic.

This was one fine plot

and great revenge.

Top ratings from me.

bioman57bioman57almost 4 years ago
interesting story

well done... But not sure it is done

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years ago
It's always great to see a new K.K. story.

I was worried when he mentioned her birthmark. It was a great reveal and a fitting conclusion. He was quite civilized about dumping her, but he had no choice. There are far more than 50 ways to leave your lover. Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Could have been a lot better

Going BTB instead of opening up new expectations in their relationship ruined the story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised that she wasn't upset at the change in vacation plans.

I was suspicious that he wasn't even ASKED to go to LA. It's convenient that he's busy anyway, but why wasn't he even asked? I guess we know now!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
She will cheat!

Why are so many wives (women) portrayed as whores?...Is it because that is precisely what they are?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pretty good

An interesting idea for a story. I would have liked it better with a longer ending, with more confrontation, details about what happened in LA and how she got talked into doing the video, explanation of why she did it, etc., and perhaps an epilogue that explained what happened subsequently. The "confrontation" over the phone was not good. That should have taken place in person. But thanks for posting. I hope you will post more frequently.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Liked It

Awesome to see you posting again. Always enjoyed your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
King K.K.

You...Are the Master....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very upsetting

Loved your so creative Misty story until you cut us off at the end.. SO many questions. You needed to get her to confess every detail including any other indiscretions. Find out if she would like to do it again. Was it fun? How did she leave things with her friend? WHY did she not tell you sooner!!!

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 4 years ago
Welcome back

I was going to say "Welcome back" but then I realised that the Lit. people probably just re-published an older story. Still, KK, you were an inspiration for me when I first started reading Loving Wife stories. A high standard with a few twists and turns. If you have "climbed back in the saddle", thank you. I hope to read more of your work. Cheers

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 4 years ago
Ended too Quickly

You left out all of the good stuff. The revenge was way too short and no aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lol that was awesome

He totally fucked with her. That was fantastic.

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 4 years ago
liked it

Nice twist having hubby play her blackmailer. I would've liked to hear her side of events. I suspect theres a college backstory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good

Deserves a second chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Part 2

Love it, they should be a part 2 from the wife point of view with the possibility of revenge.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakeralmost 4 years ago
Original and entertaining

Both qualities that I prize. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Excellent but so wanted to hear more. Misty Speaks? And wondering how Karen accepts being the one who helped kill a marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well, Okay if You Must, But...

Very interesting story with a nice lot of tension.

But, here we go again. A sensible, very loving wife goes off and does something utterly stupid and the reader is supposed to be content with no explanation? Maybe the husband doesn't care why she did it but asking any reasonably intelligent reader to accept yet another 'women are stupid' story is a bit much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

But I wanted more. I guess it is all said here that needs be , but why ? Why would the wife do this ? And , of course , the bigger question . Did she swallow ?

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Perfect

Interesting story. Well done, I can't think of any better way to handle the situation. It is justified but just pulling the plug on the marriage without a face to face seems very difficult.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 4 years ago
Going all Just Plain Bob

At the end stopped an interesting story from developing. And would she really phone him rather than see him in person to tell him, even given her stated reason? I enjoyed the story anyway but it really could benefit from a second chapter. Does he really—eventually—divorce, or can they find their way through...?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Some holes in the story

How would the anonymous texter know that she had been Misty for years? There’s no indication that this was anything but a one off and no real indication that it had been going on during the marriage. Video girls lie all the time about themselves, and why wouldn’t they? Also, weird reaction from Elise, the only people who could have made the connection to her RL identity is her husband, Karen, or the production company.....or maybe there are more???? Much is missing, left unsaid.

It all could have been true there just isn’t supporting background info.

Bones of a great story. It fell just short. But I enjoyed it 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The contest wagging the story?

He had his failed wife perfectly setup to reveal her true character, her inner weakness, or strength, and he decided to just punt in order to deliver a cute punch line? I guess this was to play the story into the story group theme, leaving your lover? What an incredibly short-sighted and cheap punt.

What thinking person wouldn't understand that his wife was ready to tell a story, a story that the husband already knew about in general, but had no information on the details, the motivations, the Whole Truth? And the story she decided to tell would reveal either her strength of character or her utter failure as a wife and partner.

She had already decided to risk her marriage rather than succumb to blackmail. That is a point in her favor. So she's not That stupid, and maybe, just maybe, she has an explanation. He was feeding her a rope, and instead of seeing if she was going to use it to pull herself out of a hole, or just hang herself, he decided to jerk the rope out of her hands, and reveal that he was toying with her, torturing her. What kind of marriage partner plays on his mates failures for his own pleasure at her misery? She obviously regretted her failure, and wanted to make some effort at confession and probably reconciliation. Her husband just wanted to compel her to look into the keyhole so he could poke a stick in her eye. An indication that the marriage was shallow, selfish, and mutually disrespectful. They are both too immature and short-sighted to conduct a successful marriage at this time.

Its ripe for a sequel, but it should have contained the obvious sequel substance as part of the original story. A missed opportunity.

But thanks for the effort.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 4 years ago
Ended too quickly

Ending was silly

taylorsamtaylorsamalmost 4 years ago

Excellent, but I want more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Abrupt Ending

I like the concept, but there could be so much more to this. What made her try it in the first place? She wasn’t worried that anyone would see a porn video online? No explanation on her thinking? What happened next? There’s a lot of meat on this bone.

But as I said, good concept. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

but, I don't know why authors write nonsense like this (in the context of a betrayal like the one in the story):

"I was pretty sure our marriage was over. Part of me did hope that there was something that Elise could say or do that could save the marriage, but I just couldn't see any way that she could."

"Pretty sure"? A possibility that the marriage could be saved? No husband in his right mind would be thinking that, ever. It just makes the MC look absurdly weak in the face of an obvious marital "capital offense". If the idea is to make him seem like a "nice guy", it's a fail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The old "casting couch" routine.

Nicely played. You'd think she would go home anyway, if for no other reason then to have a confrontation with her husband, file for a divorce and get half of everything they own. Including forcing the sale of their house, getting alimony based on his new raise and screwing him around. Were his new bosses to become aware that his wife was a porn star, I wonder how long he'd keep his job? Good story. Glad to see you back.

4 stars

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
loved it

5*s just being selfish. felt it ended too abruptly for that build up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Coulda, woulda, shoulda didn't

You could have turned it on her and made her and her friend into your sex slaves or something along those lines. It woulda made for a better story.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Good stuff

But we all need to hear her story. Thank you

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07almost 4 years ago
Excellent Story

Good to see a story from K.K.--it's been too long since the last one (anything more than a month is way too long). Lots of folks seem to think the ending was abrupt. I don't. I think the ending was just fine. With 'Don't come home. Goodbye!' the story is all wrapped up. It's over, period... both the story and the characters' marriage. If the writer had chosen to do so, one could get down into the weeds and discuss divorce strategy, 'sharks' for lawyers, crazy counseling sessions, outrageous alimony, in-fighting for the family dog, the kitchen bar stools, etc., etc. But, after doing all that, the ending would have been the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

No score, no vote. I really don't much care for unfinished stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nobody needs to hear

Her excuses... THE END took it from a 1 to a 5 because that is what she deserved

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

This needs a part 2. There was no confrontation, no explanation why his loving wife did it and no real conclusion. This could be a really good story if these issues were dealt with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ending

Much too quick. Her story needs to be told. And there are definite repercussions for him in a divorce. In fact, there is almost no emotion in this story. Computer and phone machinations do not show emotion. Look forward to part 2.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 4 years ago
I liked it

Great story about unfaithfulness. She played and she paid. He knew he couldn't forgive her and decided to torment her a bit to see if she'd come clean and when. When she finally decided to come clean, because she was convinced he was going to learn the truth of what she did in LA, she found out he was not only fully aware of what she did in LA with Roger, but also he let her know she has no longer a home to come back. The rest is for the judge to decide. Thanks for the story.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 4 years ago
Nice to see ...

an OG write again after a break.

Welcome back to the fun.

Hooked

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 4 years ago

Yay!! New story from KK! One of my favorite writers. I found KK before I ever started writing and read all his stories. This is one of the site original gangstas, was great when he started and has just improved all down through the years. Thank you, sir, for the 50 Ways story. I look forward to your next. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good for Elise... Here is what would happen...

Sorry guys but she would own him. She could claim that she was put up to it by him. That it was his idea all along and that she went along with it because it was his kink. Most people would believe her over him. She would walk away with 60%+ he would end up unemployed because the company would not want the trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Play Misty completely

The turn on is how she let go and turned into the little whore inside her. And the real turn-on wouldve been in the punishment - had you continued. Example: Dan could have sent a friend to meet her at a hotel room that had a hidden camera going to Dans computer (in the next room with all his other buddies from work, ie his new workers he now supervises - hes going to give them "perks" for being good employees)

Then his friend in the room with Misty would treat her like a real whore forcing her to demonstrate her body to him (and the camera) in all kinds of nasty positions)... Then he would tell her "Misty" has to satisfy all his friends or he would let out her secret. Then he would blindfold her and let in his friends who would fuck her and degrade her while telling her she had to have real orgasms with each and HAD to show how much she ENJOYS being their whore.

Finally when she was turned into a completely nasty cock hungey gang-banged slut telling everyone to fuck her harder and rougher... one guy gets behind her and holds both her legs wide apart to let all the other completely abuse and come in her again and again.. Then they make her stay with come seeping out of her used and battered cunt.. and she must beg them to do it again .. THEN they take off the blindfold to see all of them - and Dan is the guy holding her legs back.

Now THATS a satisfying ending!!

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 4 years ago

So well done but I'd like to see it play out. He left but what if she chases?

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

What is it with this new crop of AnonyCucks who think cheating whores deserve to have revenge becuase their husband dumps their lying asses?

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 4 years ago

Good job,, u cant keep a partner thatll lie to you this much

Sloburn38Sloburn38almost 4 years ago
Traumatic experience

I was a young man when that movie came out, there was a lot of different beds I woke up in, I don't know how many nightmares I had about waking up to some girl trying to stab me with a butcher knife.

Good story 5*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 4 years ago

It’s funny what introducing evidence of infidelity can do to a divorce. The terms emotional abuse and damage will ensure she doesn’t get shit in alimony....

I’d love to read about her excuses and whining, but this was great. 5 stars

Ignore to cuckold wanna-be beta-males who disagree.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
That was good

Thank you K K. Nice quality story and along with most commentators pleased to see you back here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Could have been a lot better" & beulahthebrit - BTB? How do you see this as BTB?

@Anonymous Re: "The old "casting couch" routine." - Why would his wife being in porn cost him his job? He didn't know about it and wasn't involved in any way.

@Anonymous Re: "Some holes in the story" - Good point about the texter. He said he was a "long time admirer." If this was the first time, that should have aroused her suspicions.

NKenNKenalmost 4 years ago
Great...

to have you back K.K! I hope to read many more stories from you in future days.

trance00trance00almost 4 years ago
Ha!

She's not going to be burning anybody unless she wants everyone to learn she's a pornstar. If she is a teacher, she might find that troubling in her career.

breville1breville1almost 4 years ago
Why?

Great story but I'm totally bugged out as to why she would do the casting couch experience. From the build up, she didn't sound like someone who would fuck another guy on video. And every girl in the videos was simply going through the motions.

So why?????

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Damn! That was good. You know, I wonder how many people do a naughty video on a lark and forget that spouses, parents, siblings, bosses, colleagues, students, etc all have access to the Internet?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fur Elise

That’s it...just good-bye. It kind of calls out for more...not necessarily Elise’s side, unless of course you have some ideas. Makes me wonder about all the build up at work, with all the info you shared, and then...poof.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Another great story that stopped too soon. We need to hear her side of the story and what happens next. These hack cuck stories go on for 50 chapters, but the good stories stop too soon. Very enjoyable work of psychological revenge on a cheater who thought she was too smart to get caught.

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 4 years ago
I think I would have...

... talked to a lawyer to see if he could have brought suit against the "friend" for her part in helping to break up the marriage.

5/5 for no willing cucks here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Taff shit

It was a good one. It’s fiction and the writer’s first. So, the noch gets nothing. Haus is in his name, from befor marriage ( hey, fiction) and no money if she want to keep her job. Period. Send her back to LA to rise her porn career. Good riding the cocks and hail the hiv.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
THIS WAS A ONE TIME.....

thing. There is no long time lover. Looks like a fantasy. Otherwise she is the perfect and supportive wife. Me thinks he jumped the gun. Chew her ass out, make he sleep in the guest room...and go to counseling.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Another one bites the dust!

5

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
It's EROTICA people!

Get a grip. Maybe this could be a shift in their relationship. In any event she is going to have to perform a lot of sexual favors to make up for it. Interesting twist. How would you react?

kuroneko_dkkuroneko_dkalmost 4 years ago
To beulahthebrit

Feminist like you make me sick...

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 4 years ago
Somehow not fulfilling

So we have the Martian slut ray that has a friend doing porn getting the wife to do porn and has the wife agree. We don't see why,the assumption seems to the that all wives are sluts waiting to get out, and it makes no sense. Obviously the friend told the wife what she was doing early in and convinced her somehow,but why? Was it I am going be a mom so let me do this? Did the friend blackmail her.into it (doesn't seem like it,but still). Wouldn't hubby want to know? This story is out there and letting it end the way it does turns it into a BTB with no unique substance.

tangoperutangoperualmost 4 years ago
behulathebrit

Of course, if she does what you want he will send a copy of the video -privacy laws do not apply in this case- to her parents, her colleagues, her friends, her priest and everybody else who has a mailing address or an e-mail address.

So I don't really think she will go back.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
THIS TALE IS MISSING A KEY PLAYER

the DJ and the psycho killer. TK U MLJ LV NV

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago

I liked the abrupt ending. Well written.

jsh1138jsh1138almost 4 years ago

I don't mind these elaborate "guy gets a promotion at work and wife cheats on him" stories but they really ought to go in non-erotic if there's nothing erotic about them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You stopped it there!?!?!?

Way too abrupt an ending. Please tell us there will be another chapter....otherwise it just comes across as unfinished.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

So how did he get any revenge on Crystal? Suing the production company or Karen in CA, is unlikely. Leaving him for three days with no note killed any possible reconciliation. She earned a serious BURN.

*

So did he inform the School Board about Misty? How hard did he burn her - send the link & vid to family and School via untraceable trac-phone? He is still get screwed in a no-fault divorce by 50%. She's already on the web so no leverage there. Unfinished story 4*, at best.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
FTDS

Finish the damn story. Just do something. Divorce her or forgive her or something I don't give a shit what. You are following in JPB's footsteps. This could have been a good story, so as it stands you get 2**.

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

While of course this is fantasy and fiction and whatever but usually to get a teaching degree you need 6 years of college ending with a Masters. There is no way a teaching career could survive being outed as a porn actress, especially in the time that they are teaching. Elise would have never screwed on film, okay it's one thing to cheat on your husband but she also basically made herself unemployable as well. Otherwise cute story though, would have flowed better maybe if she was, I don't know,working in retail or some other type of job.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Yeah she gets half

Because of fucked up family law that thinks the man should have to support the woman. Funny that none of them want equal rights at that time. But here's the kicker, you don't get alimony forever. So pray you have a LOT of equity in that house and that he didn't own it before the marriage. Cross those fingers as well that you have a lot saved up in the bank.

Because once the alimony runs out and since they have no kids, she is fucked once 'a concerned citizen' leaks the fact that she is a porn actress. No school will EVER hire her again unless she moves and tries to conceal it. Then she can move to Cali and make money on her back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The only suggestion...

It'd be a bit better if he prepared for their divorce while he was biding his time tormenting her. Talked to a lawyer, got papers drawn up, handled their finances, etc. I get that perhaps he only saw the video right before she came home, but he didn't confront her immediately, so he had time to get his ducks in a row.

I could also see her not contacting him for a few weeks, then her parents contacting him because she was constantly sick and throwing up, because she got pregnant at the porn shoot. Shot-chaser.

Instead, he just fucks with her a bit. And yes, if she's was a teacher in the story, she was incredibly stupid because a student WILL find it and she'll inevitably get fired. College professor? Maybe not, but she'll likely have to keep leaving because of harassment. That's just the cost of doing porn. It's a stigma that never leaves.

The most unrealistic part of this, though, is that she'd be interested in it if she hadn't been in touch with her friend about it for some time. She's 100% faithful, finds out an old friend did porn, then arranges to go to LA and be in a video herself? Not just cheat, but have it video taped AND put on the internet? Women aren't that stupid. Not a woman who's smart enough to get an education, anyway. It'd have to be done intentionally, with the note left for him to find, on purpose. I could have seen your story going that way instead.

Overall, still a descent work.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 4 years ago
@Anon behind "beulahthebrit"

God... it's always funny to hear comments coming out from people who doesn't actually understand how things works out in the real world.

So, two reminders that seems to have completely went by you, when you came up with that 'taking him to the cleaners' scenario:

• Elise is a teacher

• She just made a porn tape

Don't really need to say anything else here. Oh sure, she could try to get more out of him, in the divorce settlement, than what she may be entitle to... but she would probably become a full-time porn actress afterwards, probably estranged from her parents.

Honestly, to say that Dan holds all the cards of HER future is the understatement of the century. They'll split the house and the bank account, but very doubtful she'll get her hands on alimony or whatever he got, thus far, from his promotion... unless she's OK with everybody in her life getting multiple links to her porn video.

Your dumbness line, by far, is assuming that Dan's job could be hurt by her actions... so dumb! As far as everybody will be concern, he would have married badly, that's her. Her, on the other hand... goodbye marriage, for sure, but also: bye-bye, teaching job! Bye-bye, family respect! Hello, porn career!

... Whoever you are, you're dumb. That is all.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 4 years ago
... Why?

Undoubtedly, my biggest problem with this tale.

A seemingly happily married woman decided literally out of nowhere to risk not only her marriage, but her entire professional life, by becoming an one-time porn star.

Out of nowhere. As if it's not big deal. As if... it wasn't the first time?

Seriously, it makes you wonder if adultery was an ongoing thing for Elise.

In any case, I would have much rather have some kind of explanation for her actions than the too numerous moments of self-doubts Dan had during this story (yes, you moron: this is your wife's friend, and, therefore, this is your wife; hell, she was nice enough to leave you the link for the website, dammit, so why are you trying so hard to explain away the obvious?!) or the tepid mindgames he played on his wayward wife for a while that ultimately didn't see to hurt her all that much.

Another thing I would have must rather read about was him downloading the evidences of her adultery and finding the most vicious shark out there to protect his assets. Sure, he has the upper hand right now, but, the longer he keeps dragging his feet about divorcing her, the more likely she could find a way to screw him over again (financially, this time.) He should have sent a process server at Lake Cumberland, and be done with it.

Sometimes, stories need an epilogue, author. Just so we, the readers, actually understand why seemingly normal people are so willingly to completely FUBAR their whole life. The lack of actual closure, of finality here makes this just an OK story, in my book. Still, compare to the crap we usually get nowadays around here...

So, thanks for the share.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
unique

I can give you originality points - for sure.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Porn stars ... and just Stars...

Yup! This story has both. I was greatly entertained. Much more so than I would've been by the standard, 'split the $, throw her stuff out, email the vid to everyone, ignore the crying fool' scenario.

I don't come to LIT to get real world divorce advice, as others apparently want, though there is some of that in LW. I come for entertainment and some sweet erotic content. K.K., you came through. You could write a follow-on with Elise trying to explain her seemingly anonymous adventure, but it ended really fine just the way it is.

5* Thank YOU.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 4 years ago

subtle and love the ah hah moment, a very interesting read! 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
and then

I think you had great story idea and great premise .. but it died at the end .. i could have gladly read about 2 more pages to get full impact .. hope someone will pick up story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thrill

Lots of stupid things get done just because. Liked the story. Hoping for a part 2.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 4 years ago
Re: Good for Elise... Here is what would happen...

I know you're the same anon I made fun of before, but since it obviously didn't take...

If you seriously think any woman getting divorced, because of adultery, could manage to gain 60% of the marital assets with some baseless lie she cannot back up when there's clear evidences of her infidelity, and there's no children in the marriage...

You clearly do not live in the real world.

But if you actually believe that any man who immediately divorce his wife upon learning she recently did a porn tape is at risk of losing his job over it...

Sorry, but such a thought would make you a genuine retard. Point blank.

That is all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The author never explains why she did a porn flick

He ended the story to soon. Just don’t come home, does not cut it. It is nice to know the fact she did this, she knowing it would end her marriage. We could use a epilogue or part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Perfect 5

But the guy "Vance" (Vince in reality) is modeled on doesn't have a big dick

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
5 from me too

Well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing, as always

KK, I have read all of your stories multiple times and I can't tell you how often I check your page to see if anything new has posted. This was a great story, and very well written. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ok

but I found the ending kind of meh...

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 4 years ago

Going well, but the ending stank. Why not have ended it while she was visiting her friend. Could have told her the same by phone and saved a childish last page.

3 star but could have been 5 with a good finale.

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

You need to work on your endings, you missed out on all the fun stuff, you know like the Cheaters handbook excuses, the tortured angst, the wringing of hands and the gnashing of teeth, the juicy divorce and the obligatory counselling, not forgetting the tears, we can’t do without the tears, it’s all grist for the mill in the loving wives category.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 3 years ago

Great setup, no ending

3* for half of a story.

If you choose to extend it, note that getting to a reconciliation is way harder than a BtB.ending, and therefore way more interesting. What can she *possibly* do to change his mind?

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

Thanks, K.K. I have enjoyed every story that I've read of yours. I wish you were submitting more/still... I can hope.

.

I thought this was a bit unique in the halls of LW stories. I like different, it's interesting. Come back and give us more of them.

.

Thanks for the time you put in to give us something FREE for entertainment. I an many others appreciate it. For the people who don't... well... we'll leave that unsaid.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

It ended just a bit too quickly, the confrontation would’ve been epic.

Now we will never know the whys or wherefores of her thinking in doing such a stupid moronic thing.

We will never know

I liked the story but it gets 4/5 for the poor ending.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Good Plot, but missing ending. Why did she do it, how long did she plan to do it, how often did she do it.

Crystal has to pay because I'm sure she talked Elise into it.

I see a possibility for RAAC, but it's just a small one.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
I Strongly Disagree With The Critics

The story ended on a very clear, "Don't bother coming back. Goodbye Elise." No more need be said. No level of details regarding a divorce, negotiations, or specific legal proceedings would add anything to the tale. Great SHORT story. Nothing would be gained by extending the story. It is always a let down when a good story ends - now I have to search for an equally good story to enjoy.

Very clever plot ploy with the use of the "...wrong number, someone calling for Misty Day" trick.

I suggest a proof reader to pick up on me/my/mine, lie/lay vs lay/laid, and other simple errors.

Keep 'em comin'.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

It was really but as others have said why did she do it? She had a good marriage by all accounts and this seemed way out of character. The discovery is only part of the story. Was this her plan all along? Was she somehow sucked into it by her friend? What the hell happened? What happened when they met to discuss the distribution of goods? Perhaps you could write a part 2 from her pov? I hope you do because there are a lot of issues that could be cleared up.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

Fantastic plot but far far too abrupt an ending

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
It’s pretty obvious he throws her to the curb; that’s not the problem.

But getting to the curb? That was too abrupt. If the story was ~1000 words, then the curtness would seem right. But the extra 300-400 words start adding a little padding, especially in his investigation of her cheating/movie making. Then the sudden end doesn’t match that. Maybe another 100-200 words with a little more description of the BTB would be appropriate. Maybe describe to her what he’d do (or does do) to burn her professionally and or with family? At least something more.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

Good concept, but no real insight into why she did it, so we are left with a fragment of a story. Sure he burned her- must have made him feel so righteous, but he was really being an ass.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Those damn old roommates will get you every time.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Yeah. I really want to know “why” also.

Liked the post-it note discovery. Not that it was anything sensitive but that’s happened to me numerous times, and I never thought about using it as you do. I guess that’s why you earn the big bucks.

Knowing why she does it, if not crucial, at least hugely beneficial.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why has K.K gone from being one of the best LW authors to just another BTB hack?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dude , you need to finish the story. It needs at least a more in depth conclusion or perhaps a part 2. It has potential to go in a few directions. I like the premiss though.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous