All Comments on 'Play Testers Wanted Pt. 18'

by Lost Boy

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
CrazyBastidCrazyBastidover 2 years ago

Damn, man. Just ... damn.

That was an event I don't think anyone saw coming, but 'Broken Chains' was a big clue, now that I've read it. Very well done and completely blew my mind with a metaphorical bazooka to the face. Just what a story should be. Keep it up, man. Loving this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice homage to the Pattern of Amber.

CinnaminDraconnaCinnaminDraconnaover 2 years ago

Not being a fan of horror, I did not like this at all. I'll keep reading the series because I love your writing. This was also boring because there was no fun sex, just that twisted horror stuff. Not sure I like where this story is going, but I can't stop reading it now. Not knowing the ending would drive me nuts, lol.

lrdhawkwindlrdhawkwindover 2 years ago

I have to agree nice homage to the pattern and kewl of judgment

Ramen4lifeRamen4lifeover 2 years ago

I'm totally confused and didn't understand half of that. Star Wars I get. Xenomorphs I get. The love craftian cthulhu stuff I like. This was just wierd for me. And the cliff hanger was just wrong. 5 stars nonetheless. I hope this is leading up to something.

FluffMeatsStoryFluffMeatsStoryover 2 years ago

@Ramen4life: The horror was from the Hellraiser movie series. While I don't like bloody horror, I do appreciate intellectual horror. The Outer Limits frequently had this kind of horror.

I Liked the use of the Kiai-Jutsu by Pinhead. [Or is it Kaia-Jutsu?] Now, who trained her? Chthon [Nightwind] taught Anatari Baharr [also Nightwind] who trained Ghostfire and Morelen. Has Morelen come a bad end? Or will Ghostfire come to a bad place in his personal future?

I could see another crossover that can use it: Dune. The Bene Gesserit have The Voice. They could even bring their worms into the crossover.

Looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Here is what I thought.

For the most part it was an okay read. Then the part we're you used the creatures from Hellraiser was a big shock. Never have I seen the movie's of it and don't want to. But I'm glad he saved his former lover. Now let's see how things go from here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Teasing

Love that you are teasing some Iron Rain story elements into this. Seems like Booker may be absorbing Nick's memories. Just wish I knew what story nick dies in a plane crash because I would love to read that one.

TIGERWOLFSTORMTIGERWOLFSTORMover 2 years ago

please write more of this one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Overall I enjoyed it however you introduced some major continuity errors. Booker had to seperate Ghost and Katria so NPCs would not be calling him

Ghostfire nor would he have abilities such as double dragon and the tongue while he was playing as Katria. Also Aoki and Kyanna fairly religiously stuck to using Katria to refer to Booker. Why do they suddenly start calling him Ghost?

JTassJTassover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the tribute to Roger Zelazny and Clive Barker.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLost Boy@Lost Boy
22-08-23 Sorry for the extremely long hibernation. My heart attack and recovery have hit me harder than expected. To be honest, it will likely be a bit before I continue. I am struggling with meds and coherent thought at the moment. I'll do my best to continue with stories alr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES