All Comments on 'Play the Game'

by IABH

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yawn...ZZZZZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Congrats you turned her into a slut. Hehe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was one sweet 5 of a story. Not that it's never been done, but it's rare in LW for it to be the husband who cheated. This could just as easily have gone into Romance, of course, but here it is. IABH hits more often than he (she?) misses. I don't think this dug particularly deep, but then again, that wasn't the mission here. It was a pleasant read, and at least this reader came away satisfied.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Generally don’t enjoy tales told from the female POV, but this effort was glorious!

.

Yes, there were shortcomings in the plot…basically lack of any real info about how and why the 2 marriages failed. Or how and why the 2 cheaters got together. And tne lack of any confrontation between Kate and Mike…as well as the too brief exchange between Dale and Alyssa.

.

But in the end…the story was more a romance between Kate and Adele, wasn’t it? That probably never would have been consummated if their spouses hadn’t cheated with each other.

.

4 ****

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Really good but in a few places it seemed like you were checking off plot points. Although I get the point of the whole story was Kate and Dale getting together, it would have made it more interesting to know if Alyssa was cheating with someone else besides Mike that Labor Day, was Mike using coke, etc. 4*

MwestohioMwestohioabout 2 years ago

The good people win in the end. Nicely written, with pathos

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Adequate. Probably Should Have Been In Romance Category

The marriage failure was just a setup for their romance story, which was a nice story. It would have been more interesting as a LW story if you had included the story behind the failure of their marriages. It reads like their marriages were warmed up leftovers shortly after the ceremony. Begs the question why they married whom they did in the first place. Whatever. Thanks for the effort.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 2 years ago

I hope that the cops weren't wearing bodycams when they tazed Mike after he had been handcuffed. :)

.

Were it me, I'd have put the backstory after the seventh paragraph, then returned to the present day. Would have been a little more dramatic that way.

.

Far more of a romance story than an LW, but I think you shortchanged it; the romance part needed more buildup, to be more drawn out. Still, it was pretty good.

.

One cliche I absolutely hate, that LW meme of divorcing cheating victims saying that they aren't going to screw until after their divorces are final. I suppose that I can see it if they are worried that they could get countersued for adultery, but once all the papers are signed, and they are just going through the waiting period, there's no point in that.

Bronco56Bronco56about 2 years ago

Fantastic. Loved the woman's take. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought it was a 5 star effort. Sweet story. Though no sex until divorce final is a bit silly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful romantic tale ! I’m impressed, definitely worth 5 stars

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

You lost me really quickly once you tossed in the "But I was in love with him".

At tat point it became the same tried and true cliched "I feel the need to put out something" type of story. It may have gotten better after the first page but i stopped there.

Honestly with everything that happened that night neither would have really been in the aroused type of mood nor would a guy say that shit out loud while jacking off with her right down the hall nor would he have actually been in the mood, all things considered.

Might have had something if you hadnt followed the usual template for this.

ribnitinribnitinabout 2 years ago

Good, needed proof-reading, especially with mixing up names.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 years ago

O.K., my wife says if I read enough of these types of stories, she's going to have my Testosterone checked. You get 6 stars, and the Bear approves. It's nice to have sweet sex stories every once in a while. Just not all the time. And from the woman's point of view? Smooth.

The BEAR

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"Wait! Dale, we can't do this. We're still married." - This is SO stupid! They're spouses are cheating, they're going to get divorces, honoring wedding vows at this point is asinine.

\

"I could see the outline of his substantial penis down his thigh" - Of course he has a "substantial" penis. It can't just be A penis.

\

@Anonymous Re: "And tne lack of any confrontation between Kate and Mike" - Um, what do you call that opening scene?

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Couldn't see your way to RAAC here huh? Hypocrisy much?...

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Very good story! Thanks!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Great story and storyline, love it! Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIABH@IABH
2/9/24: 2 new stories are submitted. I have a few more I’m working on to come. Purple Haze’s conclusion is waiting Lit approval. Sorry it took so long. Music means a lot to me and I include references to it in my stories and even some of my story names are song titles from ...

SIMILAR Stories