Poison Darts and Pineapples

Story Info
A father shares the business with his son-in-law.
1.3k words
4.34
33.9k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Botu was a well-respected man in his village. He had a wife and two daughters. He brought wealth to the village by selling dart poison to other villages. It was known everywhere that Botu's poison was the most desirable poison available. The poison came from the secretions of a certain frog species. No one knew why Botu was so successful. It was thought that he had found a unique colony of frogs, or perhaps found a blend of two different frogs.

Many times, he was followed to see where a gathered his frogs. But, he apparently could always sense when he was followed and always led his shadow to the usual streams and ponds. When people followed him, they gathered the same frogs, but could not get the same potency. Other tried to spy on him when he concentrated the poison. But again he was cagey and did not seem to do anything different.

Botu's village and the village uphill from Botu's village had been in conflict for some years. No one had been killed, but blows and threats had been exchanged. Botu was respected uphill and managed to broker a peace treaty. The uphill village had extra men, and Botu's community had extra women, so it was agreed that two marriageable women from Botu's village would go to the uphill village and two eligible bachelors would come downhill.

Botu was taken aback when one of his daughters was selected to go to the uphill village. Botu was angry and insisted that one of the men from the uphill community, Jabo, had to marry his other daughter, Satu. It was not a happy family. Botu treated Jabo like property and often denigrated his son-in-law.

Jabo was unhappy and wanted to return to his own village, but he made an effort to get along with his father-in-law. Jabo and Satu had a tense relationship; she had wanted to marry a different man from her village. But, over time, Jabo and Satu were able to come together often enough to produce two sons. Still, they were both resentful of the forced marriage.

Gradually, Botu brought Jabo into his business. First Botu instructed his daughter to teach Jabo how to extract and concentrate the poisonous excretions from the frogs. Jabo took over this part of the business. The frogs didn't seem different from any other frogs, so Jabo often wondered if the excretions that he gathered were actually used.

Eventually, as Botu became older and wearier, he allowed Jabo to carry the merchandise and make deliveries. Since Botu's poison had a solid reputation, Botu did not have to try very hard to generate repeat purchases. Eventually, Botu decided to expand to a new village where Jabo got to see Botu's sales pitch in person.

Once Botu entered the village, he challenged them to bring out their most potent poison, which Botu proceeded to drink without apparent harm. Then Botu urged them to bring him a dog. Botu would dip the tip of his knife into his poison and then touch the tip of the blade to the dog's tongue. Within minutes the dog would go into convulsions and die. Botu was able to sell the entire load that Jabo was carrying.

After some time, Jabo decided to test a batch that he had just concentrated on a dog. Nothing happened. Jabo was convinced that there must be another ingredient. He confronted his father-in-law, but Botu just smiled and said nothing.

When an opportunity to sell to yet another village arose, Botu gathered his wares and was ready to set off to the new village when he had an accident that left him barely able to walk. He decided to share the secret with Jabo.

"My poison is the same as the other villages. It comes from the same frogs and is concentrated in the same way. You can drink my poison without harm. The poison has no effect when drunk. The poison only works when It enters the blood. When I feed it to the dog, I prick its tongue to make a small hole. That's why the dog dies. Bring me a dog, and I will show you how to do it without being noticed."

Jabo practiced with several dogs and eventually mastered the quick stick that was unnoticeable. He went to the new village and successfully sold his cache of poison. With Jabo strong legs and youthful energy and unencumbered by Botu, Jabo was able to reach communities that were more distant; the business grew.

But, the good times did not last. Sales were dropping off. Jabo had been double-dealing. He was carrying and pedaling his own cache of poison along with Botu's poison. When Botu found out, he confronted and hit Jabo. But Jabo was young and healthy and struck back with such force the Botu reeled backward. Satu tried to come between them, but Jabo also struck her. More angry words were traded before Jabo announced that he was returning to his own village and was going to tell everyone Botu's secret.

After two weeks, Botu swallowed his pride and went to Jabo. He was worried about the secret.

"Did you reveal the secret?"

"No. The secret is too valuable to reveal."

"Good. Then all can be forgiven. It was unfair of me to want to keep the business entirely for myself. You are my son-in-law and the father of my only grandsons. You should have a fair share. Come back home. There is a new village to open up. It is only a half day's travel. You can have all the profit from that and from now we will take equal shares. Eventually, you will inherit the business; your sons will inherit from you. Come home. Satu pines for you."

"I have business here, but I will return home in two days."

"You will be welcomed."

When Botu returned home, he made Satu understand that she would welcome Jabo and forgive the blows.

Jabo returned. Relations with his wife were never better. Satu was soft and compliant. In the morning, as he prepared to walk to the new village, Botu gave him a present of a pineapple.

"Please accept this pineapple as a token of my apology."

The pineapple was a rare and expensive delicacy. Jabo was a little suspicious that the pineapple might be poisoned and so he said, "Thank-you Botu. My wife and I will share this pineapple before I leave."

Botu did not object, relieving Jabo's concern. To save time, he left half of the pineapple with his wife and took the other half on his walk to the new village."

Botu was unconcerned. There was nothing wrong with the pineapple.

Jabo reached the new village. He was expected; the people there knew how he would demonstrate his poison, but they gathered around to see the spectacle anyway.

"Bring me your strongest poison."

There was some argument about which of two poisons was the strongest. Jabo told them to bring both.

After they brought their poison to Jabo, he asked, "Are these your strongest poisons?"

The villagers murmured in the affirmative.

"Bring me more."

They brought him more.

Finally, in a bold display, he swallowed both poisons.

"Bring me a dog," he said, as he fumbled for his knife.

Back at the village, Satu was complaining to her father.

"He was a brute. He hurt me last night. I wish he had not come back. Why did you make me submit to him? He is disgusting. You told me last week that I could be free of him."

Botu smiled and asked, "I always keep my promises. How does your tongue feel?"

"It stings. Why does it matter?"

"It is from the pineapple. Pineapple juice is sweet, but when you eat pineapple, it stings a little bit because there are always little prickly tips within the meat that make small holes in your tongue."