Pony Tales - Clover - Day 14

Story Info
More cute moments with Daydream the mystery pony!
1.6k words
4.6
3.9k
1

Part 20 of the 42 part series

Updated 09/04/2023
Created 07/15/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The slalom field. A place Clover both loved and hated. A skill that provided a real challenge. Six poles were placed directly in a row in a pit filled with sand. It wasn't hard to wear back and forth between poles, but doing so in the sand is where the real challenge came from. Eden had dropped her off with Hayley in the mid-morning and together they'd spent their time working on this particular skill. It wasn't a hard one to learn, it was more learning how to adjust her body and positioning based on how her hoof sunk into the sand. Hayley was relentless in pushing her. Cracking her whip for Clover to go every single time she finished a round.

"And again!" She'd called out, snapping her whip.

Clover would turn and take off at a run, slamming her hooves into the sand and darting back and forth between the poles, making her way towards the end, digging her hooves in, turning sharply, and returning the same way she came. Sure, at first she'd bumped the poles more than a few times and had wiped out enough times that she'd rubbed her arms red-raw from slamming into the sand. But Clover was relentless. Perhaps part of it was the disappointment of being told she wasn't ready to try the other course yet. It's not that she was arrogant, but she'd been ready to take on the challenge and had been denied on one jump. It flustered her a little and at times, she could be a bit stubborn.

So as Hayley cracked her whip hard again, Clover took off at a full sprint, each time she leapt between poles she only moved from one hoof to the other. She was very quickly becoming confident in her hooves and it was showing as she went from completing the run in 30 seconds, to close to 17. As she closed out the latest round she came to a sliding stop in front of Hayley who cracked her whip twice quickly and grinned at Clover, reaching up and tousling her blonde hair and smiling.

"Beautiful, Clover. You keep that up and you'll be competing in derby in no time!"

Clover tilted her head a little bit, unsure what derby was. She'd done plenty of research previous to her arrival but she couldn't remember anything called derby.

Hayley giggled, "Derby is just kind of a catch-all term for the competitive events we do. Agility, Carting, Dressage, etc. Etc. Derby is usually what the big get-togethers are called when we or another farm runs events." She smiles brightly, "Keep up the way you are, and perhaps come back to the farm after your trial and you might get to compete in one someday. You might even get a fancy pin for winning! We don't do ribbons like regular horse farms, we opt for pins representing the event in question." She motioned to a small pin on the collar of her shirt, it showed a flower painted in all the colors of the rainbow. The pin was outlined in silver, "Dressage competition during pride week. I got second place alongside my trainer."

Clover blinked a few times and looked Hayley up and down.

Hayley smiled, "Don't act so surprised. Almost everyone you've met here has spent time as a pony. Even Christoph spent some time as a gigantic stallion several years ago. I mean, how can you expect to teach someone to pony, without having done it yourself, right?" She winked.

Clover couldn't help but smile. She'd never looked at it that way before and had never considered that many of the trainers here had all been right where she was. They had found themselves in ponyplay and had decided to move forward to teach others how to love it too. She wondered how many of them missed it and if they even ever got in tack anymore? She thought back on when she was being tacked, the many different sets of tack hanging on the wall. She definitely hadn't seen that many ponies on the farm, it made sense that many of them had moved onto training.

Clover eyed Hayley with a newfound understanding and perhaps respect for her.

Hayley walked over to a bench, picking up a soft white towel. She spent a few moments wiping Clover's sweat-soaked form down and even tousling her ponytail a bit to shake out the sweat, "You've done wonderfully today Clover. I imagine your hooves are pretty sore and based on everyone moving towards the barn it's lunchtime. So why don't you trot off to your stall, get a bit of lunch and when you're done you can meet me back here. I've got to go talk to Mistress Aria for a little bit."

Clover whinnied happily and stomped once.

Hayley snapped her with the towel with a giggle, "Off with you then silly pony."

Clover jumped at the snap but trotted off towards the barn without another word. She was surprised at how well her feet were holding up today. Sure, they were still sore and achy but they weren't anywhere near the excruciating pain they'd been in the previous day and night. She trotted along happily towards the barn.

Near the barn, however, she nearly fainted out of fear as Daydream, the redheaded pony dropped down from the roof of the barn, landing like she was some sort of gymnast and grinning at Clover. She tapped a button on her tack and a polite nicker came from the hidden speaker. She trotted up to Clover and nuzzled her softly then tilted her head and made little lip smacks as she glanced towards the barn.

Clover's stomach growled audibly and Daydream nodded, motioning for her to follow. The two of them trotted into the barn together, kind of closing in with the crowd of ponies making their way to their stalls where the grooms were moving about providing bottles of mash for them all. Clover slowed and turned into her stall, surprised as Daydream followed her inside. She looked at the tiny pony and offered a tiny whinny in response.

Daydream shook her head and pressed the button on her tack, it made a nicker sound. She reached up and tapped Clover's throat.

Clover furrowed her brows. A nicker was more appropriate in this situation. She cleared her throat a little and did her best to imitate the sound that Daydream had produced. Daydream made a delighted look on her face and nodded in approval. She clapped her hands together and pressed her button to nicker at Clover.

Clover responded with her own nicker.

The two of them went back and forth for a few minutes. Clover eventually giggling at the tiny pony's silly nature but appreciating the small lesson in communication. A sleepy-looking male groom with cow-licked blonde hair came up to their stall then, pulling a cart full of bottles with labels on them, "Aha, I wondered where you'd gotten off to Daydream. Are you eating with Clover today?" He asked as he picked through the bottles, picking out one labeled Clover and one labeled Daydream.

Daydream looked to Clover for approval.

Clover nickered and then stomped her hoof once. Daydream too stomped her hoof right after.

The groom chuckled, "Seems you two have become fast friends. Well alright then. Luckily each stall comes with a few clips for these." He slipped inside, clipping Daydreams bottle into a lower spot to the right and then Clovers to the left of her at the back of the stall, "Enjoy ponies! I think lunch today is uhm....Fish and chips? Ignore the smell. I've been informed it tastes better than it smells."

Daydream wrinkled her nose and snorted in response.

The groom stuck his tongue out and walked out, grabbing the handle of the pull-cart and dragging it down to the next set of stalls.

Daydream and Clover made their way to their respective bottles and almost in sync, sniffed the end of the thick steel straws. They both wrinkled their noses and looked at each other. Daydream shrugged helplessly and then latched onto her bottle.

Clover turned to regard hers. The smell was definitely off. But she had to eat. So she leaned forwards and took a long slow draw from the bottle. It would seem the groom was right because while it smelled kind of gross. The flavor within really was incredible. She could taste the fish, she could taste the french fries and the salty oil in which they were cooked. She stared at the bottle in confusion. How did the cook manage to infuse so much unique flavor into the slurry of ingredients? Perhaps that was just his secret.

She let out a happy whinny and sipped at the bottle contently, draining its contents before she made her way to the water bucket at the front of her stall, taking a long sip. She was about to dunk her head and cool off when she saw Daydream's eyes peek over the edge at her, a tiny little nicker escaping her.

Oh right. Daydream probably didn't want to drink sweat. Clover lifted her head and stepped back to let the smaller pony drink at the water.

Clover watched her as she drank, wondering why the redheaded pony had taken a liking to her. She remembered Miss Aria mentioning that Daydream liked to meet the prospects, but this was different. The redhead seemed to have taken some sort of keen interest in her. Clover was glad for it though because while she had been enjoying everything she had began to get a bit lonely.

It was nice to have a friend.