All Comments on 'Pops?'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Delightful story! I have a 92 year aunt who I talk with and visit regularly. I appreciate all I have learned from her and that she is still alive.

5

francemanfranceman10 months ago

Very good. Much appreciated.

"If you stay the course and are true to yourself."

johntcookseyjohntcooksey10 months ago

Reading ‘Pops?’ and ‘It’s a Dirty Job’ in immediate succession, I realized that they are essentially the same scenario - an arrogant wife blatantly and cruelly betraying her husband - with diametrically opposed interpretations. I especially enjoyed Jimmy’s and Karen’s reactions. Fine bit of writing. Thanks for two great stories.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6610 months ago

A story that is excellently told. 5 stars

GerMagGerMag10 months ago

A great story, thank you!

inka2222inka222210 months ago

Wow, a happy ending for the guy, losing the selfish bitch early enough not to get screwed badly in the divorce, understanding kids, and zero "but i luuuuuuve the evil cunt" idiocy. Easy 5 stars. Thank you!

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

3 stars - for a standard by the book BTB story.

Where are the TAGS ?????

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

Good little story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief10 months ago

It's always rewarding and helpful when you have family backing you, no matter the cause. I have to agree, it is a happy ending but I'm still wondering about Uncle Joey though, lol.

Bronco56Bronco5610 months ago

I thought it was a great story.

Actually was a good btb. With a nice ending

5stars

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol10 months ago

Well done! I liked the style a lot!

-

Be well!

RanDog025RanDog02510 months ago

Excellent story! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

GriscomGriscom10 months ago

You have two versions of the story of packing him up and moving him out in one night, which I assume is an editing oversight, but otherwise a nice story.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months agoAuthor

@Griscom - The pack and go is an idea I like and I admit I've used it several times. This story was meant to be about the support of family and friends and a conversation between the generations, but ghosting someone because of betrayal is a response that appeals to me, although it is rarely that easy.

chytownchytown10 months ago

****Thanks for sharing.

PierremanvisPierremanvis10 months ago

Great read. Thank you .

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Learn to use tags. They are not only a courtesy to your readers, they are also a benefit to you as they help potential readers find your story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thats a strange conversation between gramps and the grandkids. I guess my family is a LOT different than this one.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous - Yeah, I thought so, too, and the granddaughter has quite the mouth on her. I figure they didn't know the can of worms they were opening and Pops figured this was a life lesson about consequences that they needed to hear. I agree - my grandparents never talked to me about anything remotely like this. Then again, neither did my parents.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster19 months ago

NICEly done, and 5 ***** !

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

A story based on reality, very believable ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another excellent story from one of the best writers on this site. BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

SIMILAR Stories