Porterhouse Pete

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damn it, thought April, even my very first long-term boyfriend, my first lover, turned out to be a pedophile and the Studio got her to stop seeing him at the first whiff of scandal! When, she wondered, will a decent girl get an even break?

***

Boxing Day saw Rebecca rising early. By the time she had showered, dressed and left her room, she found Pete had already built his kit bed and taken the cardboard packaging down to the garage to be recycled when convenient. Rebecca sorted out bedsheets for the mattress, duvet, pillows and covers for them. She already had curtains for this guest bedroom and made herself a mental note to look them out from wherever they were stored and ask Pete to put up the curtain rail for them.

She found Pete in the kitchen with the coffee brewing on the side, while he prepared a saucepan of scrambled eggs and toast for their breakfast. He had heard her moving around. When they sat down at the table, Pete showed her the notes he had made on the kitchen notepad. He had measured up the proposed wall in the sitting room, sorted out what timber could be used from the garage store and listed materials still required, including door, door frame, furniture and plaster wallboards. He also suggested she purchased a heavier duty cordless drill, which he could repay her out of his wages because, thinking about the future, he would like to try and do work for other people once he had completed the necessary work for Rebecca. The DIY store in the nearest large town was open on Sunday hours today and had started their post-Christmas sale, so together they planned on visiting the store mid-morning when it opened.

Annie telephoned her father through Rebecca's mobile phone while he was having his breakfast and asked if she could come round to visit. Rebecca heard part of the conversation and picked up the gist of it. She suggested they pick Annie up on the way to the depot and added that Annie could stay on for lunch if she wished. The offer for the trip and lunch was open to Tracie too and Annie said she would ask her. Tracie didn't want to come to the store as she had some housework to do, but would walk round to Rebecca's in time for lunch; she knew where Porter House was, the old Station Hotel was a local landmark, situated close to the wrecked old pier.

They had an enjoyable trip to the out of town shopping estate. Leaving Pete to fetch the timber, filler, plaster, paint and tools he needed, as well as order delivery of wall panels for later in the week, Annie and Rebecca looked at carpets, curtains and fabrics, considering colour schemes, etc. Annie had a good eye for colour and she wasn't shy in making suggestions. Rebecca found herself enjoying the bubbly girl's lively company and practical ideas.

They met up back at the checkout and Rebecca settled the account. After loading the car Rebecca thought that Pete working at home in the hospital greens and then out shopping for timber in a black tie outfit, wasn't quite right so she insisted they stock up on some clothing. There was a budget sports store selling all sorts of clothing, much of it heavily discounted in those post-Christmas sales. So Pete was kitted out in a couple of pairs of jeans plus tee- and sweat-shirts, while Rebecca bought a very nice party frock for Annie which happened to be half price at a nearby clothing store.

When they got back to the house, Annie helped Rebecca cook a chicken risotto for lunch from the Christmas dinner leftovers while Pete unloaded the Volvo and put the new drill on charge. Pete cut and rolled back the sitting room carpet and started putting in the framework for the new stud wall, and setting in the new door frame.

By the time lunch was ready Tracie had walked around to join them. It was the first time she had been in the place; when she was a girl the restaurant had already closed. Rebecca went through to call Pete to the kitchen and was amazed at the transformation and how much work he had managed in just a couple of hours. He did say that, in between helping Rebecca in the kitchen, Annie had also helped him by passing up screws and wall plugs. It really looked like the large odd-shaped room would make two very cosy rooms, the original snug lounge a small sitting room and the double aspect room would make a nice library or a dining room. Pete said he would have a look at opening up the old fireplace soon.

During lunch, Rebecca declared that today should be a holiday and Pete had already worked all morning, so after lunch they would all go out for a relaxing walk along the front. It had been cloudy with dampness in the air in the morning but now it had brightened up considerably and the sun was shining, even though there was still the sharp nip of winter in the air. Pete was quite keen to get out and Annie loved running up and down the beach to the wet sand where the tide was going out and up to the shingle bank leading up to the coastal road. Tracie decided not to tag along as she didn't have the footwear for trudging through the sand and decided to stay put and do the washing up and sweep around Pete's workings, rather than go back alone to her drab little flat.

Pete, Rebecca and Annie walked past the old pier and along the beach up as far as the old lighthouse on the west promontory. The lighthouse hadn't been lived in for many years, the light switch being controlled automatically. However, the building was still immaculately maintained and the woodwork round the windows and door had been freshly painted in bright blue paint only the previous summer.

It wasn't possible to walk any further past the lighthouse as it was surrounded by large slippery rocks, although they did attempt to negotiate the smaller boulders. They started back the way they had come, with Pete holding Rebecca's hand after helping her down from the rocks. As they walked along, they continued comfortably holding hands without really thinking about it. Annie was gaily running on ahead of them. Being such a nice bright day, even though it was a festive holiday, they saw very few people about. However, then they saw an elderly couple emerge from the garden gate leading from the large house next to the lighthouse.

"Hello, Peter," said the woman, looking over at Pete and Rebecca and smiling in recognition of the larger of the two walkers, "How are you?"

Rebecca noticed that she was short, slightly built and attractive, aged about 60 to 65 and well wrapped up against the cold that she probably felt. Her arm was gripped by the arm of a slim tall older man, probably aged at least 70 but carried himself with an upright bearing, clearly a very distinguished, sharp and handsome gentleman. Both smiled in their direction.

"Hi there, Mrs D," greeted Pete, a huge smile on his face, "You are looking well, many happy wishes for the season." He released Rebecca's hand and put his arms round the little woman and gave her a warm hug.

Mrs D released Pete and introduced him to her companion.

"This is Julian Golding, he used to run the jewellers in the market square, 'Perfect Gems', until about five years or so ago. Julian, this giant is Peter Porter, we've known each other pretty well all his life," she said with a warm smile.

Pete shook Julian's hand vigorously and said "Pleasure to meet you, sir," he then turned to introduce them to Rebecca and Annie, "This beautiful girl is my daughter Annie ..." He pulled Annie through in front of Mrs D and the little girl stuck out her hand, which Mrs D took with a look of delight on her face. Then Annie shook hands with Julian, who bowed his smiling head deeply in reverence to the pretty girl in front of him.

"And this is my friend Dr Rebecca Simons," introduced Pete, "She's just moved into the old Station Hotel, Porter House. Rebecca this is Mrs Alice Dunlough and Mr Julian Golding."

Rebecca shook both their hands with a smile and exchanged season's greetings with them.

Mrs Dunlough said, "Please call me Alice. By the way, are you not the doctor that has recently joined the Wisteria Lane Surgery?"

"Yes, I am," replied Rebecca, "I've been there since August in one of the hotels out on the bypass. I've only just moved into Porter House."

"I've been at that surgery, and the old surgery before the new one was built, with Dr Roberts and his predecessor, for ... well forever!" grinned Alice, "Couple of my friends have actually be seen by you and they told me you are very good."

Rebecca smiled after the compliment.

"I'm with Dr Jones on the other side of town," Julian took an opportunity to chip into the conversation, "I might have to change over to you, though, I need a lot more care and attention as I get older!" He had a twinkle in his eyes and a big smile on his laughter-lined face, grinning even wider after Alice elbowed him gently in the ribs.

"Any more of your cheek and you might not get any older!" Alice delivered with a laugh. They all had a chuckle at that.

"I cannot condone poaching patients off my fellow partners or rival practices," Rebecca said over the laughter, "But if Jim can't fit you in anytime, just ask for me."

"You can depend on it."

"That's a big old place, the old Station Hotel," commented Alice "and been empty for a number of years. Must be quite a task turning it into a home?"

"I know, according to the agent it was built in the 1860s and extended during the Edwardian period. It's had lots of alterations down the years but it was well-built and is pretty sound, according to the survey," Rebecca replied, "I have just secured Pete as my chief builder and he is starting to make a difference to the place already, I have only been in residence for four days."

"And I've been helping out too," chimed in Annie.

"Coz you have, pumpkin," said her proud father, "When you haven't been helping Doc Simons with the cooking, you've been handing me nails and screws. Couldn't have done so well without your help."

Annie beamed at her father.

Alice said "You must come to tea with us sometime and help me make some cakes, would you like that, Annie?"

"That would be lovely, can we go to tea with Alice, Daddy?"

"Sure, pumpkin."

"I would like to extend that invite to you too, Dr Simons," Alice added.

"Rebecca, please, Alice," she said, "We'd love that and, when my house is straight, you will have to come to me. In fact you are welcome to come round any time and see the place 'before' so you can appreciate the 'after'. Annie has already been out selecting curtains and furnishings and helping me with colour schemes. We are walking back home now."

"Well," Alice said, "We are walking that way anyway, so we could pop in, if convenient."

"We can all walk down together then," contributed Julian.

"Certainly, that would be fine," said Rebecca, "Annie's mother was clearing away the lunch things. Ohh, and tidying up Pete's mess from earlier, so we should be as straight as can be expected. It's not very festive, though. I didn't have time or even really consider putting up any decorations, lights etc."

"Annie's mother?" queried Alice, "But weren't you both holding hands when we first saw you?"

Both Rebecca and Pete went beetroot red.

"That's alright," immediately chipped in Annie, "Mummy and Daddy don't live together. And I asked Daddy about Rebecca, if her was her girlfriend, and he said they are just friends, as they only met yesterday. Daddy's Rebecca's good deed for Christmas, I think, and he will work as hard as he can on the house to pay her back for being so kind to him. I think Rebecca's a very good friend." With that she took Rebecca's hand in hers as they walked along the beach in the direction of the pier.

Chapter Four

Tuesday 27 December

The day after Boxing Day was another bank holiday, due to Christmas falling at the weekend, so it was another day for Rebecca to continue putting up more curtains and Pete to happily work on the house, putting up curtain rails. He also had the opportunity to get out the old set of wooden ladders and, after gingerly testing each rung to whether they would hold his weight, he was able to get up and look at the damp patch. He cleared out an old birds' nest blocking the guttering, which he was confident was the source of the problem.

After lunch Pete started to put together the flat packs of bedroom furniture, beds, bedside tables and wardrobes for several of the bedrooms. Rebecca spent her time cleaning en-suite bathrooms for those same bedrooms. Annie came round to help too, while her mother Tracie went into the convenience store for a morning's work.

Alice and Julian called round for coffee during the morning and Alice invited them all round her place for dinner at 6pm, extending the invitation to Tracie, who they had met the previous day. Alice could see the improvements to the old lounge bar with the curtains up and the door hung in place, although the wall panels were not due to be delivered until the next day. They were also able to admire the wonderful original Victorian cast iron and tiled fireplace that Pete had uncovered in the lounge, behind where the old hotel bar had been.

At about twenty minutes to six, the four set out from Porter House to walk up the coast road to the lighthouse cottage for dinner. As they approached the house, even from a distance it was clear that something strange was going on. The previously empty public car park, which was two thirds of the way along the road, was full to overflowing. Another dozen or so cars spilled over onto the narrow coast road. That usually only happened in daylight during the height of the summer season, not on a dark mid-winter evening.

Outside Alice's house was a throng of people, all carrying cameras. With the imposing figure of Pete in front, his six foot four frame carrying his daughter high in his arms, the group forced their way through to the accompaniment of a torrent of flashing camera bulbs. Inside, the group were welcomed with open arms by an anxious Alice and the protective presence of Julian, both apologising profusely for the gauntlet of pressmen their guests had to endure.

"They only turned up in the last half-hour or so," said Alice. "I tried to ring you, but couldn't get an answer."

"We left the house early," grinned Pete, "And walked round to take Annie back to her flat so she could change into her brand new frock. Then we waited round there until both Tracie and Annie had their party frocks and faces just right."

"So, what's going on?" started Annie.

They walked through to the living room, still decorated for Christmas with a beautifully dressed and lit floor-to-ceiling fir tree in the corner. Another guest was in the room, a beautiful woman, dressed in a designer yellow trouser suit, pacing up and down talking rapidly and angrily into her mobile phone. She looked up briefly, nodded slightly at the group of guests being ushered into the room and moved over closer to the French windows, which overlooked the darkened gardens, continuing her animated conversation. She walked to and fro in front of the window, this time lazily running her eyes over the newcomers: the cute little girl in her best party frock, the two attractive women and then the giant man accompanying them following up behind. The man looked so familiar ...

"Pete!" she exclaimed, "Oh my god!" She put her hand in front of her mouth, her mobile phone conversation momentarily forgotten.

Suddenly, there was a flash from behind her, she automatically turned to face three or four flashing cameras from outside the French windows. She gasped and put her hands up to her face as she turned away. Pete pushed his way past her and out of the French windows.

He grabbed one of the photographers as the others stepped back, still flashing their cameras. Grasping the photographer in one paw, lifting him off the ground, he advanced on the others and they turned tail and ran off. Pete turned his attention to his struggling captive and shook him.

"Stop struggling or I will close your windpipe until you lose consciousness," he threatened, staring at him eyeball-to-eyeball. The scrawny man ceased struggling.

"You are trespassing on private property and as far as I know everything about your person may not belong to you and possibly stolen from my friends, our hosts. Do you have a receipt for this camera and camera bag on you?"

The man looked at him terrified.

"Well?" Pete insisted more forcefully, "Do you or do you not those receipts?"

"No" he rasped, short of breath.

"What about your clothes, coat, shoes?"

"No, of course not."

"Right, take off your shoes and trousers."

"What?"

"Is English your first language?"

"Y-yes?" the photographer replied tentatively.

"Then, take off your shoes and trousers, now!" and more quietly, "You don't want me removing them for you, do you?"

He kicked off his shoes without answering. He undid his belt, button and zipper, the trousers pooled at his stockinged feet on the cold damp concrete path, in the light from the lounge French doors. Pete, still retaining a grip on the trespasser's throat, turned aside to Annie and requested,

"Sweetheart, can you trouble Alice for a black rubbish sack and bring it to me, Honey?"

"Sure, Daddy," replied the girl, brightly.

She returned with a sweet smile on her lips a couple of moments later with a bag, by which time the photographer was down to white vest, blue polka dot trunks and black calf-high socks. Pete thanked her with a sweet smile of his own and, with Annie dutifully holding the bag open for him, Pete picked up with his spare hand all the clothing, camera and baggage and dropped them into the sack. He took the plastic bag from Annie.

"Spin it, Sweetheart."

Annie spun the bag and Pete hefted it over one shoulder and dragged the unfortunate individual round the house to the side gate and around to the front of the building where the accumulated crowd of pressmen gathered on the pavement. He stood squarely with his imposing frame facing the throng.

"This man is a trespasser and, as he has no receipts for any of the goods carried about his person, I can only check each item with each of the house's occupiers and invited guests to ensure they have not been stolen from the residents and guests during the said trespass. I have therefore confiscated anything which might not belong to him, leaving him with what clearly can be assumed to be his only." He paused to allow everyone to see that the photographer stood up shivering in his undergarments. "Once he is able to supply acceptable receipts for the goods carried, which have been stored in this bag," he held up the black plastic bag, "He can claim them back from my legal representative, Connors & Co, Room 6, The Anchor, Market Square, Sandmouth Bay, during normal office hours. May I give you all due notice that all trespassers will also be invited to surrender anything carried about their person for which you do not hold receipts acceptable to my legal representative. Further, I have a gross of these bags and in addition I might warn you that I believe the curtilage of this property extends all the way to the curb back there."

Pete glared around the group of photographers and saw that they bumped against one another as the ones in the front tried to back-pedal back over the edge of the pavement. All the time, flash bulbs popped. Pete waited until the pavement was clear as he glared at the assembly. When he was satisfied he released the shivering photographer and pushed him towards his colleagues.

"What about my clothes, car keys and wallet?" asked the photographer.

"Connor & Co open at nine in the morning," Pete snarled, "Bring your receipts."

"But..."

Pete stepped forward a pace, "But ... What?" he growled, "Can't you understand English?"

"I guess," the man shivered, "But you won't hear the last of this."

123456...9