Post-Modern Sitcom Family

Story Info
Judy plays Tara's mom on TV, is in love with her off-screen.
7.4k words
4.43
20.6k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bb319
bb319
96 Followers

Author's note: A while back, I saw a picture online of two sexy actresses who play mother and daughter on a popular sitcom. They were having a girls' night out, dressed to the nines and sitting extremely close to each other in a very cozy-looking pose. The first thought that popped into my filthy brain was "Damn, they look hot together." Then I imagined the circumstances behind the photograph and that's how this story came about.

Originally, I had written second part of chapter 3 and was working on the third part using the actresses' real names and intending to post it under Celebrities, but then their real lives moved in a different direction from where I wanted the story to go. Plus, I also wanted to give the characters more background that couldn't necessarily be looked up on Wikipedia, so I changed the names and gave them fictional backstories and am posting in Lesbian Sex instead.

This story makes references to events that occur in my first story "Anna Louisiana", but you don't need to read it to enjoy this one. I would encourage it, however, since--according to reader feedback and IMHO--it's still the best story I've posted to Literotica to date.

Standard disclaimer: All sexual activity described in this story is between consenting adults 18 and over.

Enjoy!

CHAPTER 1

In 2009, Judy Bowden was a 39-year-old struggling actress/model. She had a few supporting roles in moderately successful movies on her resume, but most people would have recognized her from TV commercials if they recognized her at all. She stood five foot six, but looked taller due to her lean figure, good posture and preference for high heels. She had wavy blond hair that she generally kept in a bob and deep, soulful green eyes. When she was younger, these attributes got her lots of modeling work. But now that she was pushing 40, those jobs were scarce, and she relied more on acting work. In addition, she had taken a few years off to have children which put her career on hold. Wendell, the older brother, was starting pre-K and Ian had just learned to walk.

Her husband Mick was a good man and supportive of her career. She knew he was the one when she came out as bisexual to him on an early date, and he said "Honestly, I'm okay with it. But I'm a one-woman guy. I don't share and I'm not looking for a threesome." That was what she needed to hear. And even though she sometimes she still fantasized about women, they had stayed faithful to each other throughout their marriage.

Now that her kids were old enough, she decided to get back to work before her agent forgot that she existed. As it turned out, there was an open casting for actresses in their late thirties to early forties for a role of the mother of three kids ranging in age from 10 to 15 on a family sitcom. The competition was stiff, but ultimately Judy was the only one with the right mix of all-American good looks and comedic talent, so she got the part.

The role of her husband went to a tall, nerdy-looking guy about Judy's age who, in real life, Judy would have never looked at twice. The role of the youngest child was played by a sweet 10-year-old boy. The role of the middle child went to a 14-year-old (playing a 12-year-old) who was a talented actress, but who had the hardened aura of someone who was forced into a career before she was ready and would likely develop a lifestyle that would make her tabloid fodder before she was an adult.


And then there was Tara Scott. Tara was nineteen but looked younger due to her short stature and waifish figure. On the show, she would be playing Judy's 15-year-old daughter. She had long straight dark brown hair that complemented her tanned skin, and big dark green eyes that gave her a sultry look.

On the first day of table reads, when the cast all first met each other, Judy knew that it would be hard working with Tara. Although she hadn't been with anyone but her husband since her twenties, that didn't mean she didn't still feel desire for attractive women. And petite brunettes had always been her weakness. Her very first girlfriend had been a petite brunette, and most of the women she slept with before meeting her husband had been one or the other (usually both). She knew that for the time they worked together, she would have to constantly remind herself that a) she loved her husband and b) she was twenty years older than Tara. But that didn't matter too much. As a twenty-year veteran of show business, she knew that most TV pilots never aired. And even if they did get picked up, most new shows got cancelled after only a few episodes.

But then, to her surprise, the show became a hit.

CHAPTER TWO

By 2014, the show was starting its sixth season. Up until this point, Judy and Tara had had a strictly professional relationship. They would say hi to each other when they met each other on set, but for the most part the only times they spoke to each other was when they were in character.

That all changed when, during taping of the season premiere, Tara took longer than usual for makeup. Even the busty Latina who played the trophy wife of the family patriarch never took this long, and that character required her to be completely glammed up. From her modelling days, Judy knew that when someone started acting like a diva, it needed to be nipped in the bud before it ruined the show. She burst into the makeup room, shouting "Tara, goddammit, you're not a fucking princess! Get your ass out here now!"

And then she looked at Tara and saw that she was covered in ugly purple-and-yellow welts.

"What happened?"

"It . . . it's nothing. I fell. I was clumsy. Just please, let them cover up these bruises and I'll be right down."

Judy's sister had once dated an abusive boyfriend, which inspired Judy to volunteer at a battered women's shelter, so she knew what was really happening.

"Hey, listen. I'm sorry. If you ever need anything, . . . anything at all, like a place to stay or someone to talk to, I'm here."

"Are . . . are you sure? I won't be a burden?"

"I'm absolutely sure. Tell you what: I'll call my husband, let him know you're coming over for dinner tonight. And no, you can't back out of it. I'll introduce you to my boys. They're big fans of the show and I think Ian—my six-year-old—has a bit of a crush on you."

********************

That night at dinner, Judy along with her family got to see the real Tara for the first time. Tara's role on the show as Judy's sexy daughter required her to wear the latest fashions in some combination of tank tops, tight sweaters, short skirts and form-hugging pants. Off-set, Tara preferred loose baggy jeans, rumpled t-shirts and bulky sweaters. In addition, while her character's make-up and hair were always perfectly done, Tara's preference was to keep her hair in a messy topknot. And although she was wearing makeup tonight to cover up the bruises her boyfriend had given her, it was a light, natural-looking shade rather than the bright glossy look she wore for the show. Most strikingly, while her character was supposed to be too vain to admit to less than perfect 20/20 vision, Tara wore men's glasses with oversized thick black frames. The overall effect of her outfit on her petite physique was to make her look like a little girl playing dress-up in her daddy's clothes.

Beyond looks, there were also very noticeable differences between Tara and her character. The character was nineteen years old, shallow, flighty and not very bright. But despite only being twenty-four, Tara had the personality of someone older. Judy's husband Mick was a college professor and when he engaged Tara in conversation—whether it was about science, politics, history, literature or music—Tara showed that she was his intellectual equal, despite having dropped out of college during her sophomore year when the show became a hit. This was something Judy couldn't say about herself.

And she started getting a little jealous that Mick and Tara connected so well. Not that she was concerned about Mick falling for Tara—she was very secure in that regard. But she wished she could connect like that with Tara, too. It also didn't escape her that Tara's look was identical to that of her first real girlfriend who she dated back in 1989-1991, when the grunge look was the cutting edge of fashion.

The dinner was a resounding success by any standard, with Tara bonding with Mick and the kids and getting to trust Julie. So much so, that Tara pulled Julie aside and asked her privately, "Can I please stay here tonight? I just broke up with my boyfriend today and I don't want to go back home."

"Of course you can, honey. We already have the guest room already made up for you. You can stay as long as you need to."

*******************************

Not long afterwards, Judy ran into Dana--the very first girl she had ever dated--at the neighborhood coffee shop. Although it had been over twenty years since they had last seen each other, Dana had not aged a day since 1992.

"Oh, my God! Is it really you?"

Dana turned around and smiled at Judy. "Oh, wow! How's it been? How's your life now that you're a big celebrity?"

"It's great. The kids are doing well, and my husband's the most wonderful father."

"And he doesn't mind that you're a lesbian?"

This had been a bone of contention between them and part of the reason they had broken up. Dana subscribed to a reactionary politically correct ideology that insisted that sexuality and gender were strictly binary, and that the Kinsey spectrum and the idea of gender fluidity were cop-outs for people who were still ashamed of being labeled as gay.

"Mick is aware that I'm bisexual and he's fine with it. Unlike some people I've been with."

"Yeah, right! You're gay. Why have you been denying yourself? Because society tells you to? Because your precious little TV show is too important?"

Dana got up, took Judy's hand and started tracing circles on it. That had always been able to arouse Judy and nobody before or since Dana had ever done it as well.

"Why don't we head to the ladies' room and I can prove you're still gay."

They made their way to the women's restroom and locked the door behind them. Dana pulled Judy in for a long, lustful kiss. Judy did not resist. Dana pulled off her sweater and t-shirt to expose a fit physique, with her small breasts held in by a black sports bra, which quickly hit the floor as well. Judy pulled her own tank top over her head. Dana reached out to unclasp Judy's bra and started sucking on her nipples, which made Judy moan loudly and lustfully.

"Take off your pants, Judy! I want to see your pussy!"

Judy unbuttoned her jeans and pulled down her panties. Almost immediately, Dana moved downward and started licking Judy's clit.

"Oh God, Dana!"

"Dana? Who's Dana?"

Judy looked down and saw that the woman licking her clit wasn't Dana at all. It was Tara.

And then she heard Mick's voice behind her.

"Judy? Judy, wake up. You're having a dream."

Judy opened her eyes and looked around. Indeed, she was in her own bed with Mick beside her. A check of the clock said it was midnight, which meant that the dinner was less than five hours ago, and Tara was still asleep in the guestroom.

"Dana. She was your ex, right? The one you never got over?"

"I got over her. I married you, didn't I?"

"Well, you could have fooled me with those moans just now." An evil grin showed up on his face. "Are you horny? Do you want to make love for real?"

"Oh . . . no, honey. Not right now. I'm too tired."

The truth was that she was desperately aroused. And she truly loved Mick. But after that dream, the last thing she wanted was sex with a man.

***********************

The next morning, Tara joined the family for breakfast. Wendell and Ian were talking as they were getting ready for school.

"You're such a dweeb, Ian!"

"Am not!"

"Are too! You don't have any real friends. Just that loser Justin. And he doesn't count. What's his deal, anyway? He makes me just want to punch him!"

Without even thinking that this wasn't her business and that the boys' parents were right there in the same room, Tara shouted out, "Hey, Wendell is it? That's not a very nice thing to say. You should apologize to your brother. And while you're at it, you should probably apologize to Justin the next time you see him. You don't know him or what he's going through, okay?"

The whole family was dumbstruck.

"I . . . I'm sorry, Ian. I guess if he's your friend, he must be okay."

Mick and Judy were very favorably impressed.

After breakfast was done, Judy offered Tara a ride to work and Tara accepted. They decided to head out a couple of hours earlier than normal since Tara's morning shower had washed off much of her makeup and her bruises were visible again, which meant extra time in the makeup trailer.

While they were in the car, Judy said "I really like how you handled that back there with the boys. God knows Mick and I have been at our wits' end trying to get those kids to stop fighting."

"Yeah, well, with Wendell saying that about Ian's friend, it reminded me of something in my past that I'm not proud of, and I don't want him making the same mistakes I did."

"Oh really? Do you mind if I ask what it was?"

"Actually, it's good for me to talk about it. It reminds me to always be a better person and don't judge people until you can walk a mile in their shoes.

"When I was in middle school and high school, there was this girl who was a year behind me. Her name was Jillian Prescott. She always wore these ugly, old-fashioned clothes and was really prissy. If any of us talked about boys or drinking or smoking or hip-hop music or the latest show on cable, she'd get upset and say, 'But that's a sin!' None of my friends or I could stand her, except for one person. And we bullied her mercilessly as often as we could until she would start to cry."

"Jillian Prescott. I think I've heard that name before."

"That's because you've probably heard of the only one of my friends who liked her. Riley would insist on taking Jillian everywhere as long as Jillian's parents were okay with it. Most of the time they weren't, but if the party or the trip was chaperoned by Riley's dad, they'd allow it."

"Riley . . . Riley May?!?! The singer?!?! Oh my God! That's right! Jillian's her girlfriend and she wrote 'Secret Love' about their relationship. I love that song! Is that cheesy, that someone my age listens to that kind of music?"

"Hey, I think it's cool. It means you haven't lost touch with the kid you used to be. But, yeah. That's who I'm talking about. Jillian's parents were these really strict fundamentalist Christians who wouldn't let her pick her own clothes or go anyplace where there wasn't a nanny-cam or a chaperone. Even when she got to be a senior in high school. And they would beat her if she ever spoke up or asked questions. When they found out she was gay, they kicked her out of their home and haven't had any contact with her since. Thank God that was at the same time she decided to tell Riley how she felt about her, and that Riley loved her back."

"They're still together, right? I remember all the press when they made their relationship public a few years ago."

"Yeah, there was a happy ending for them. Since they came out, I've gotten to know Jillian better because I value my friendship with Riley. And now I'm really good friends with Jillian, too. In fact, I'm gonna be one of Jillian's bridesmaids when she and Riley get married next summer. But I'll always feel bad about how I used to treat her."

"Hey, listen. With what you just told me and how you handled the kids this morning, I think you've learned from your experience. I have no doubt that you'll be a great mom when the time comes."

Tara started to cry.

"Oh, honey. What's wrong?"

"The . . . the reason my boyfriend and I were fighting . . . the reason why we broke up . . . I . . . I was sick when I was a kid. And . . . and at my last checkup, the doctor said I could never get pregnant because of that. My boyfriend freaked out about it. . . said I wasn't a real woman and we could never get married. He kicked me out of his place, and when I tried coming back for my things . . . well, you can see what he did."

"Listen, honey. I know I'm old enough to be your mom." Both women laughed. "But when I see you, I see a woman, not a little girl, and certainly not a freak. And if you don't mind, Mick and I would both love it if you stayed with us until things are sorted out and you can find a new place. You can help look after the boys when Mick and I are out so you can unleash your maternal instincts on them."

***********************************

And for the next five years, Tara was a frequent visitor to Judy's home, looking after the kids when Mick and Judy went on date night or a romantic trip. The boys knew that as much as they had to obey their mom and dad, "Aunt Tara's" authority was also not to be messed with. But they didn't mind because Tara loved them as if they were her own children, and they loved her back for it.

For the first couple of years, the date nights and romantic trips put a spark back into Mick and Judy's marriage, but after a while things ebbed again. And as the years went by, Judy's thoughts would stray more and more towards her younger co-star/babysitter/friend. Things went so far south that in 2018, she and Mick started couples counselling to try and save their marriage.

CHAPTER 3

In the summer of 2019, Mick and Judy were in their counsellor's office when Mick finally dropped the d-bomb. "Honey, I know you and I have both tried to make things right, but I think it's time we seriously start thinking about divorce."

"Why?"

"Yes, Mick. Why?" Dr. Portland--or "Joan" as she insisted her patients call her--had been Mick and Judy's marriage counsellor for nearly a year. She had smoker's breath, crooked, nicotine-stained teeth and horrible taste in clothes. But the worst thing about her would always insert herself in her clients' conversations and make them about her. However, she was very good at getting Mick and Judy to openly express themselves to each other.

"Because we've established that you're in love with someone else. And it's not fair to either of us that we continue like this."

"But I told you, it was just a fantasy."

"Then why won't you tell me who it is?"

"Again, because she's straight. And I don't want her to know about it. If she ever found out, our friendship would be ruined."

Joan spoke up again. "Don't worry. In therapy sessions like this, transference isn't uncommon. But I must say, it's usually the husband who thinks he's in love with me."

Mick and Judy turned on Joan and said in unison, "It's not you!"

"Okay, okay. Whatever you have to tell yourselves."

Mick turned back to Judy. "It's Sonia, isn't it?" Sonia played the wife of the father of Judy's character. On the show, Judy's character was resentful and jealous of her. But in real life, Judy and Sonia were very close friends. Sonia and her husband often went on double-dates with Mick and Judy.

"No, it's not Sonia. But it is someone we're both friends with, so that's another reason I can't tell you. I don't want you being jealous of her when we get together, because it's just a fantasy. I mean, that's the whole point of me coming here, so I can stop pining after someone I can't have and devote myself to you."

"Baby, I know you're trying. But it's not fair to either one of us. I don't want to be with someone who can't love me back. You used to, but you don't anymore. And no amount of therapy can force you to love me."

"But the woman I'm having feelings for can't love me back either. Like I said earlier, she's straight."

Mick looked at her sympathetically. "Your heart will catch up to your head eventually. After the last couple of years of realizing you're not in love with me anymore, I'm actually starting to get over you. I mean, I'll always have a special place in my heart for the woman I've spent the best 20 years of my life with and who gave me two wonderful sons. But I think it's for the best if we just admit that what we had is over, and there's nothing we can do to change it."

bb319
bb319
96 Followers