Price No Object Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cawthorne: "Dwayne said that he had not been asleep that night that Julie fucked me, that he had watched and enjoyed watching it. Julie said she'd done it because she wanted to try my size, and that she'd liked it. They wanted to know if I'd be willing to fuck her while he watched. Well, I was floored, but after we talked about it, I agreed to do it."

Cawthorne: "So we did. Julie led me to their bedroom and I fucked her in Dwayne's bed, right in front of him as he watched. He seemed to love watching, and after I came in her he got on her and got sloppy seconds. He'd already come while jerking off, so he lasted a few minutes. Then I fucked her again and we cleaned up and went to dinner."

I said "Was this more of a cuckold relationship, or a Stag and Vixen arrangement?"

Cawthorne's eyes lit up just a bit as he said "I can see that you understand a lot better than most people would, Commander. I'm not gay and neither is Dwayne, so we never did anything with each other. And I'll get ahead of myself and say that there were attempts to get Dwayne to eat my come out of Julie's pussy, but he wasn't into that and refused. And there were no other humiliation aspects, so it was more of a Stag reclaiming his Vixen when Dwayne got my sloppy seconds."

I nodded and indicated for Cawthorne to keep going. He said "We hooked up like that about once a month or so after that, and I never had Julie without Dwayne being there... until Julie quit BigCommo. After that, she'd be home in the evenings while Dwayne was at work. One evening, she asked me to come over, and I did. We had sex before Dwayne got home, and we began having sex more often, at least once a week, maybe twice."

"Did Dwayne know about that?" I asked.

"I don't know." said Jeff. "I didn't tell him. I thought that maybe Julie was doing it to get Dwayne to quit BigCommo, and in doing that she'd have told him. But I don't know for sure. And I also have to say this, just to be honest: that was the only time I thought about trying to take Julie away from Dwayne, and making her mine. She was far and away the best I'd ever had in bed, and we were getting closer out of bed."

Jeff Cawthorne: "But that didn't happen. I met Sheila shortly afterwards, and we hit it off from the moment we laid eyes on each other. And 'laid' was the operative term, because I took her to dinner and then to bed that night, and we've been on fire ever since. And I didn't fuck Julie for months, once I met Sheila."

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

Someone had knocked on the one-way glass from the anteroom. "Excuse me." I said and got up and went into the anteroom. Claire Michaels was there.

"Sir, Sheila is in I-B next door." she said. "Myron pulled me out of there, and said to show you this." She handed me her iPad.

I played the video. It showed the Matheson's bedroom. Sheila was naked and on top of Julie's naked body, and they were hungrily eating each other's pussies in a soixante-neuf. Behind Sheila was Dwayne, who was fucking her with his penis that was much smaller than Jeff's considerable size. Dwayne was wearing a thick, textured condom as he pumped Sheila dogstyle. Jeff was on the other side, occasionally pushing his long thick penis into Julie's sperm-filled pussy, then feeding his juice-coated cock into Sheila's hungry mouth. The camera angles didn't change, leading to the deduction that this was a composite of three different static camera locations.

"Okay," I said as I stopped the video. " What did you get from her in the Pastor's Room?"

"It's recorded so you can watch it, sir." Claire said. "The Cliff's Notes are that they met through work; she worked at one of his customer's place of work. She said Jeff introduced her to the Mathesons, and that Jeff asked her to marry him and gave her the ring this past Christmas after being together nearly a year. I had not seen this video, so I hadn't asked her anything about it yet."

"You mirandized her?" I asked. When Claire confirmed that she had, I said "Let her sit in there and stew for a few minutes while I finish up with Jeff, here. Then we'll go back in."

I returned to I-A, and sat back down. "Forgive the interruption. So you were part of a Stag and Vixen relationship with Dwayne and Julie. And you said Sheila knew about it?"

"Yes." said Cawthorne. "After I introduced her to them, Sheila and Julie really hit it off. She liked Dwayne well enough, too. After a while, we began talking about bringing Sheila into the business... and we brought her into our sexual play, as well."

"Okay." I said, then said quickly and incisively for shock value: "Mr. Cawthorne, do you own a gun?"

"Yes." Cawthorne said, not acting particularly shocked to be asked the question.

"What caliber is it?" I asked. "And where is it now?"

"It's at my place in Palmyra County." said Jeff. "And it's a Kel-tec nine millimeter, with a clip so I can carry it concealed."

"Did Dwayne or Julie own a gun?" I asked.

"Dwayne did. A couple of them." said Cawthorne. "One was a nine millimeter Glock. We bought our guns at the same time at a gun show. Dwayne also bought a gun for Julie, but I don't know what type or caliber it was."

"When did you and Dwayne buy your guns?"

"Last summer, right after we got our concealed carry permits." said Jeff. "Dwayne became very concerned for his and especially for Julie's safety, and wanted to buy them for their personal protection."

I think I surprised everyone else in the room when I did not ask Jeff Cawthorne further questions, but instead turned to Detective Rodriguez and said "Do you have any more questions for Mr. Cawthorne?"

"Uhhh... just this." Julia said. "Mr. Cawthorne, after leaving BigCommo, you did contract work for a few companies. Some of it was consulting, but you had one contract that lasted exactly one year, and after that there was one that ended after a few months. Why were those contracts discontinued, especially the ones just I just mentioned?"

"Uhh..." Cawthorne emitted, then said uncertainly, "One contract was for a year, and I fulfilled it. I think the one that was shorter after that ended when I committed to working with JDJ Security Software."

Julia asked incisively: "Did you end that contract? Or did they?"

"Uhh..." stumbled Jeff, "I think that... technically, they did, but I was glad for it with the new opportunity."

"Why didn't the 12 month contract get renewed?" Julia persisted. "Usually after a year of work, they would want you to stay on, at least in a maintenance role."

"Uhh, not necessarily." said Jeff. "They never said anything about a continuation. I fulfilled my contract, and they thanked me and we parted ways, that's all."

"That reminds me of something." I said. "JDJ Security Software was funded by a mortgage on the Matheson home. Did you contribute to the funding for the startup?"

"I sure did." said Cawthorne. "I had $150,000 saved up, and matched the Matheson's funding."

"You also had a Small Business Administration loan?" I asked.

Cawthorne replied "I know that Julie had applied for one, as well as a line of credit from a couple of banks. But I don't know any more than that, not even which banks."

I said "You signed paperwork along with Dwayne and Julie for that SBA loan, and you were at least partly responsible for it. And someone put a flag on that loan a few weeks ago. What was that about?"

"Uh... I have no idea." Cawthorne said, his face looking considerably confused. "I didn't know there was a flag on it..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Those were good questions about why his contracts ended." I said to Rodriguez when we were back in the anteroom. "You threw him off his game, and he was stumbling for answers. That's something we should look into."

"I agree." said Captain Michaels. I noticed Lt. Jerome Davis standing by the one-way glass, looking into I-B, with something of a scowl on his face.

"Who did you have with you while you talked to Sheila Sullivan in the Pastor's Room?" I asked Claire.

"Penny Scott." Michaels replied. "I was going to have Joan Laurer with me, but everyone... almost everyone... in Vice is working on something. And that's something I need to talk to you about later, sir."

"That Lieutenant Rudistan is in the Interrogation Room watching over Mr. Cawthorne?" I asked in reply. Claire's eyes answered for her, though her mouth did not. "Yeah, we'll chat about that later. In the meantime, do you want to come in with me to talk to Ms. Sullivan, here?..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I went into I-B, with Cpt. Michaels following. The beautiful Sheila Sullivan's eyes roamed over me appreciatively as I sat down opposite her.

"Ms. Sullivan, once again my name is Commander Troy and you know Captain Michaels." I said. "I know you've been read your rights, but I'm going to do so again, on camera." I read the rights from the card, and Sheila said she understood the rights.

"I know you may have been asked some of this already, so I'll ask you to indulge me." I said. "How did you meet Jeff Cawthorne?"

"I was working at JGP Settlement Solutions when they contracted with him." said Sheila. "I was their I.T. Systems Manager, the hardware specialist. We had a connection from the minute we met. After his contract with them ended, he asked me out to dinner and I accepted. We went to dinner, then I practically dragged him to bed that night. And we've been together ever since."

"When did you meet the Mathesons?" I asked.

"Not long after I began dating Jeff." said Sheila. "They invited us to their house for dinner."

"You liked them?" I asked.

"Julie and I became fast friends." said Sheila. "I liked Dwayne fairly well. He's... he was... the kind of guy some people won't like. He didn't make connections easily. But he was a brilliant programmer and software applications creator, and I would get him talking about things like that, and he'd be more comfortable."

"Did you ever see any problems between Julie and Dwayne?" I asked.

"Oh no, never." said Sheila. "Julie adored Dwayne; and he, her. I think they had a very strong marriage."

"Even though they and you and Jeff engaged in sexual swaps?" I threw at her, peering hard at her.

Sheila didn't blink an eyelash. "Even though. And before you ask, I'll just tell you. After Jeff introduced me to Julie and Dwayne and I got to know them, he told me that he had had sex with Julie while Dwayne watched and then got sloppy seconds. It was no surprise because Jeff and I had partied and occasionally swapped with other couples. I'd been to 'Lashes & Lace' in this County a few times, even before I met Jeff, and so it was not very surprising that we 'got hot' with them."

"You had sex with Dwayne while Jeff had sex with Julie?" I asked.

"Sometimes, but not often." Sheila said. "Dwayne was a 'watcher'. Most often, I had threesomes with Jeff and Julie while Dwayne sat in the chair and jacked off. Sometimes he'd get excited by something, and he'd put on a condom and get on the bed and fuck me. He also really liked to fuck Julie after Jeff had come in her."

"So Dwayne always wore protection, while Jeff did not?" I asked.

"With me, Dwayne always wore a condom." Sheila said. "I insisted on that, and Jeff would have insisted if I didn't. But both Dwayne and Julie insisted that Jeff take her bare, and that he come inside her. It made both of them hot."

"How did you feel about that?" I asked. "Your fiancé coming inside another woman, potentially impregnating her?"

Sheila shrugged. "Julie was on the Pill, so we knew that wasn't likely. Jeff never wears condoms with me, but usually did when we swapped with other couples. It's all part of the game... as you know, Commander. I'm aware that you and your wife were once part of the Scene, even if you don't indulge nowadays."

"Yes, I'm aware; hence, my need to ask these questions." I replied. "One more question along these lines before I move on: Jeff and Julie had been in their relationship for a while already. Did you ever think there was more between them than just (air quotes) 'the game'?"

"No." Sheila said. "I can't speak to anything before Jeff and I began dating and met them, but I have no doubt Jeff loves me completely, and that Julie loved her husband completely."

I nodded, then said "So, you were going to become a partner with their company?"

"After Jeff and I were married, yes." Sheila said. "I was already working with them, handling the hardware portion of their solutions if needed. I wasn't paid, but it was going to come off the price of my buy-in."

"Sounds like you had it worked out pretty well." I said. "I'm sorry things have fallen apart for you this way. So let me ask this: is there anyone you know of that might want to harm Julie, Dwayne, or both of them?"

"No, I'm totally shocked by this." Sheila said sadly. "Julie and I had become good friends and we talked a lot. And she never said anything that would cause me to have any concern about her."

"Do you own a gun, Ms. Sullivan?" I asked incisively.

"Yes." said Sheila. "A Kel-tec.380, with a concealed carry clip, and a Walther, same caliber."

"Okay, thank you." I said. "Come with me, please." I had Sheila and Captain Michaels come with me through the anteroom to I-A.

"Have a seat, please, Ms. Sullivan." I said. Sheila sat down next to Jeff Cawthorne. I said "Okay guys, I need both of you to stay here in Town and not leave this County without contacting me and getting my permission first."

"Are we under arrest?" asked Sheila Sullivan.

"No, but if you don't cooperate on this you will be." I said. "And if you cross the State Line, I'll have Federal Marshals arrest you and bring you back, and then you absolutely will be under arrest... and in jail. For right now, you can stay at your condo, Mr. Cawthorne, once we've finished our search of it under the warrants we've obtained. I did tell my Officers to not destroy your home, so it should be intact when you get there."

They barely blinked when I said that. I continued: "We're also having your apartments in Palmyra County searched by State Agents I trust, and our warrants allow us to search your computers. Mr. Cawthorne, where are your computers, by the way?"

"In her car in the parking lot." said Cawthorne.

"Okay, if you work with my techs, they'll look at your computers then return them to you." I said. "And again, until we clear this up, stay in Town. I'm sure you can see what the situation is, here."

"Can we arrange for me to get my car and bring it up here?" asked Cawthorne.

"Why do you need it?" I asked. "Your fiancée's car is here if you need to go to the grocery store or things like that." I paused, then said "I am cutting you both a lot of slack here. Take this seriously. Stay at home. Leave your phones on."

They nodded in acquiescence, however begrudgingly, and I said "There is one other thing I'd like for you to do, if you're willing. I'd like for a couple of my Detectives to walk you through the Matheson home, and see if anything is missing."

"Missing?" asked Sheila. "If it was a murder-suicide, why would anything be missing?"

"That's a point, but all the same I'd like for you both to look around." I said. They agreed to do it. I had them stay for a moment longer, and I went into the anteroom.

"Captain," I said, "let's have Lt. Davis and George Newman escort them to the home. That'll get Newman and Davis up to speed with the crime scene, as well. After they're done, they can take Cawthorne and Sullivan back to his condo, if the CSIs are finished with it. You can give Davis and Newman their instructions, then come to my office. Mr. Rudistan, come to my office now..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"So, Detective Rodriguez," I said as we walked down the hall towards my office, "what did you think of Mr. Cawthorne, and that interview?"

"With all due respect to the TCPD, sir," Julia said, "I'd like to know what it's like to have a job where a $2000 bonus is (air quotes) 'chickenshit'."

"I hear ya." I replied. "What about him, though?"

Julia said "We got a lot of what we needed about the victims's story and their movements from him, if it all checks out. As to him, he's handsome, charming, and I can see how women are attracted to him. But a lot of that is just on the surface. He tries to present himself as a professional, but he's ragged around the edges. You saw, sir, how he began using really crude language when he began talking about the sexual liaisons."

I nodded, then asked "Do you think he was telling the truth in there?"

Julia said "A lot of what he said can't be verified... the Mathesons are dead. But he didn't say anything I know of that contradicts what anyone else has said, so far. And we can verify other parts of it. Right now, I'm inclined to take him at his word."

"So am I." I said. "And that was a good analysis on your part..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rudistan was in the near side 'hot chair' when Claire Michaels came in. I poured all three of us cups of coffee, had Claire sit in the far-side hot chair, then sat down myself.

"Okay, I'm just going to address this right away." I said. "Captain, I've worked with Lieutenant Rudistan for a long time now. Years. He was just a babyfaced Patrol Officer when I got here. We've worked together a lot, and I've had him be the Uniformed Presence many times because I know he can kick ass, and because I trust his input when we talk after interrogations. And that's why I had him in there today."

I continued: "Having said that, Lieutenant, I understand Captain Michaels's thinking before she has even had a chance to say anything. You are past the level where I should be asking you to do things like that instead of your job, which is leading the Vice Squad and making Captain Michaels look good in doing so. So I must reluctantly say that I will not be asking you to do that again, and even to forbid you from doing that any more, except under extraordinary circumstances, of course. Good or good?"

They both nodded in agreement. I then said "Okay, Rudistan, you can go. I need to talk to Captain Michaels." Rudistan exited the office.

"I hope that addressed one of your issues." I said.

"Yes sir, it did." Claire said. "And yes, there is a second issue: Lieutenant Davis. I spoke to him about wanting you to interrogate Cawthorne, and told him that his answer, as well as wanting you to do it, was unacceptable. He gave me attitude------"

I held up a hand. "What exactly did he say?" I asked.

"Uh, he didn't say anything." Claire said. "But he looked angrily at me, so I locked his heels. He stood at attention, but still looked angry at me when he was the one that was wrong."

"That's debatable." I said, letting my eyes bore into my Captain of Detectives.

"Are you saying I was wrong, sir?" Claire asked warily.

I said: "Well, first of all, since the issue involved me, it might've been much better if you'd let me deal with it, or at least consulted with me before taking action. I was going to talk to him further about it, but now we have a formal issue with you added to the mix, which hampers what I was going to do."

Me: "I'm duty-bound to support you and your actions vis-a-vis your subordinate, and I will. But I can understand his angry look at you... and it tells me that there is a lot more going on than just that dressing-down for that one situation."

"May I speak freely, sir?" Claire asked.

"Is is something that cannot be said within protocol?" I asked back.

"What I have to say may cause me to have to say things in disagreement with you, sir." Claire said. "And I'm not looking to be jacked up for insubordination myself."

"You won't be." I replied. "But no, stay within protocol. What is it?"

Claire said "In the time I've been here, I've been evaluating all the Detectives under my command, for lack of a better term. And I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that Lieutenant Davis is not the right person for the job of MCD Lieutenant, sir. Frankly, sir, I believe it was a mistake to put him into that role, as he's too young and inexperienced to handle it. He may be a good Detective, but I'm not seeing the leadership qualities from him that I think that positions needs."