All Comments on 'Prick of the Litter'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Poorly understood, badly (or, at best, ineffectually) treated.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Thanks for your story!

5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Depressing cast of characters. Donald and Danette each got their comeuppance, and Rob continues to live the nightmare. Clever though how he manipulated his PTSD to make lemonade from lemons. Dark gut punch of a story. Powerful and compelling. Thanks very much.

LastMissionLastMissionover 1 year ago

Don't know to whether to applaud this story or curse it.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - been there - done that - still having the dreams - there are millions of us.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

What we do to our military men and women is........................there are too many adjectives to add. I have always felt any man or woman that goes thru battle and their lives have been put on the line should receive a fully paid and living wage pension. This especially should apply to any veteran who is disabled mentally or physically. This should apply if the veteran has served one year or 30 years. I can only imagine the trauma some of them go thru. I was in the Army, 101st Signal Battalion when I was in Europe 1965 thru 1966. I saw no war no battles. I waxed floors and painted walls and did what I was told. The three years I was in was almost like a paid vacation except I was away from home and everyone spoke a foreign language. I was fortunate, I got out just as they were building up for the big fight in Vietnam. 50 thousand of our soldiers died in that war and now we are buying clothes that are made in Vietnam???????????????

acupacupover 1 year ago

An interesting twist on an old and unfortunate problem. Establishment politicians bow to the latest social media or corrupt media hype to become or maintain their establishment politician position instead of caring for their constituents. Our soldier, homeless, often a mix of the two, are a problem to try and sweep under the rug or blame someone else instead of manning up and taking care of the problem.

Charity begins at home. If you can't take care of your own citizens, then you have no right to throw money at illegals and foreign nations. Cut the pork from the budget and you just might have some left over for foreign aid.

Oh yeah, and be prepared to get flamed by those looking to be insulted from this great story.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Short, to the point. We missed a few crisp interactions between Rob and Danette, but oh well.

beanburner69beanburner69over 1 year ago

As a Viet-Nam vet I've been on that road.

Duckydan49Duckydan49over 1 year ago

It is all so true. The hurt and damage it has caused...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too close to home, but right on the mark.

All too accurate.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

WOW!!😪 Thanks for sharing and Serving. ( God Bless )

grogers7grogers7over 1 year ago

82nd Abn 68-71

Thanks

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

how to get away with murder, check

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

kay great story but the end made no fucking sense why did he fake his last act why did he not want his wife around.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

"Despair" is undoubtedly an appropriate tag. The PTSD nightmare for Vets is a shameful failure of our so-called healthcare system.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Sounds like a life story.

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

Whoa, damn what a story. That's rough.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

There's no end-game with PTSD. Good story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Payback's a bitch. Good story and good by to Danette. Bet she'll have some nightmares now.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

That is so real. So many vets who can’t get help because they won’t allow themselves to be helped after everything they’ve endured. There is a special place in hell for anyone who pursues a service members spouse while the sm is deployed. Lowest of the low.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad story. Thanks for sharing

We could avoid a lot of PTSD by NOT PUTTING TROOPS ON THE GROUND IN SHITHOLE COUNTRIES FOR DECADES DOING NATION BUILDING.

Okay. I'm better now.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963about 1 year ago

14 yrs AD in the Corps, got my own issues. I feel sorry for these poor folks that did 2-3 combat pumps on a 4 yr enlistment and an extension so they didn't let their buddies down. Thery got hosed for being loyal to their friends, and now they go to the VA for a whole lot of sheep dip and shadow water.

You feel like giving up, call someone. Hell you can call me, my number is 714 610-3203, text me first if you can, just send "VETERAN", then call. We will talk or you can talk and I'll listen, whatever you need, brother or sister, just don't say fuck it and give up today. There's always tomorrow, so hang in there. My name is Kurt

Calico75Calico755 months ago

Tragic. Although I know little about this, the story seems realistc.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Powerful emotional story. PTSD among military personnel is a huge issue that's mostly been swept under the carpet. I grew up with a father who served in WW2 and carried baggage until he passed away 50 years after that conflict finished. It affected him and the rest of our family in varying ways. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

To the last sentence AMEN brother

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

People sent to fight in Afghanistan were definitely not fighting "for our freedoms". Same as people sent to fight Germany.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 months ago

Long and winding road for those brave men and women who served. Have it be WW1 WW2 Korea, Viet Nam in the middle east. I think the VA is improving but still a long way to the top.

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah13 days ago

PTSD and mental wellness is another facet of the sacrifice that combat veterans have given. On a positive note, I read of some success treating this condition with ayahuasca and other hallucinogenics. Worth a shot?

Thanks for keeping this in our conscious thought.

/

yeah, c'mon on all you big strong men

Uncle Sam needs your help again

he's got himself in a terrible jam

way down yonder in Vietnam

so put down your books and pick up a gun

we're gonna have a whole lot of fun

/

and it's 1, 2, 3, what're we fighting for?

don't ask me, I don't give a damn

next stop is Vietnam!

/

and it's 5, 6, 7, open up the pearly gates

well there ain't no time to wonder why

whoopee! we're all gonna die — I-Feel-Like-I’m-Fixin’-To-Die-Rag

— Country Joe and the Fish

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...

story TAGS