Primal Instinct Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey Cain, all well up there? Any sign of much damage?" Jack asked.

"No mate, it's fine. It must have been kids, as I thought. Everything is present, just needed a bit of tidying up," Cain replied.

Jack continued, "I'm not entirely sure about a village, but I remember a load of old buildings from when I was a kid. Tell you what, I will pop down to the library in town tomorrow and see what I can find out."

"Cheers, mate, I appreciate that. It'll be interesting to see what you find out. Talk to you soon." and with that, Cain ended the call and headed off back inside the cabin.

As he hadn't set out to go hunting today, he had brought some basic rations with him to last him a few days. His father would have frowned on an infraction like this as it wasn't self-sufficient at all.

He quickly chopped up some bacon and onions, fried them in some beef fat on the old camping stove, whisked up a couple of eggs and added to the pan to make a quick omelette. It wasn't brilliant, but it was fast, easy and tasty. Though, would Arianrhod eat it, or would she have to have raw meat?

Cain heard the padding of bare feet behind him, and he quickly looked over his shoulder. Arianrhod was right behind him. She looked at what he was cooking and seemed very hungry.

"Have you eaten today?" he asked her.

"I have not eaten for three or four days," she replied. "It is hard to catch food in this condition and form. In my old life, I would have had my bow to hunt, but I have nothing like that here."

"So, what have you been eating?"

"Oh, just some berries and the odd mouse or vole I was able to catch with my hands. A man was fishing at the river a few days ago, and I stole some of his fish while he was sleeping."

Again, her eyes were drawn to the omelette in the pan.

"That smells very good," she said. "I have not eaten cooked food for a very long time."

"Then you take this one," Cain replied, placing the omelette on a plate, "I will make another."

Arianrhod took it quickly as if she was afraid he would change his mind and went off to sit back on the bed to eat it. The small noises coming from her direction was enough to tell him that she was enjoying every mouthful.

Cain plated his omelette, sat at the table watching Arianrhod eat hers, and wondered what was coming next. At this moment, he resolved that he would go with the flow and see what lies in store.

--------X--------

The day progressed quite quickly. Cain set the fire in the hearth to take the edge off the chill. While it was an enjoyable late Spring day outside in the mountains, the days, especially the nights, were always cool. Even in Summer, the hearth would be lit at night.

Tomorrow he would go out to hunt, he had to make sure Arianrhod had food regularly, and he would go to the town to buy general supplies. He would have to ensure that she was kept safe, could not let any of the locals discover her, not even Jack. Too many questions that he just couldn't even begin to answer.

While he was happy to live off the land while staying at the cabin, he was not comfortable for her to rely only on what he could catch or forage. She was pregnant with his child, and he felt responsible now for her wellbeing.

Tonight, however, they had to deal with sleeping arrangements.

Cain went to the supplies cupboard and reached the uppermost shelf, where he brought down a duffel bag. Inside was a hammock which he used to love to sleep in as a child. He opened it up and hooked it to the two old rings in the rafters. He hoped they would hold his weight as they hadn't been used for many years, but he would find out very soon.

Arianrhod looking curiously at him, asked, "What is that?"

"It's a hammock," Cain replied, "It's for me to sleep in tonight while you keep sleeping in the bed."

She looked dismayed at that reply.

"What's wrong?"

"I've been on my own for a long time, and now that you are here, I was hoping for the comfort and warmth of your being next to me tonight. The bed is large enough for both of us, is it not?" she asked with a hopeful look.

"The bed will take us both, yes, but I can be quite restless while sleeping," he responded.

"I don't mind; I would like to be in your arms again." Arianrhod looked at Cain pleadingly. "Did you not feel as I did in the cavern? Did you feel that we had a deeper connection? I felt something with you that previous mates had not given me. I felt a bond to you after we mated, even after I changed form again."

Cain remained quiet, unsure how to answer. He walked over to where she sat and offered his hand. She took it and rose to her feet. He looked deep into those beautiful eyes of hers. She had an aura of mystery, and the penetrating intensity of the eyes were like twin blue flames that seemed to burn into the very core of his soul. He could not refuse her, and once again, she had him captivated. He stroked her face gently, bent his head and kissed her.

In an instant, the feelings he had first felt at the cavern returned.

Cain scooped her into his arms and gently placed her on the bed. She still only wore his shirt and nothing else. He made a quick mental note to pick up some clothing and footwear for her when he went into town. But at this moment, all he was interested in was being with the woman that was making his whole world turn upside down, and he didn't care about that anymore.

Arianrhod felt she belonged in this man's arms; he seemed to care for her, his muskiness was intoxicating, and when he kissed her again, her heart soared into where only birds usually inhabit.

Cain lay down next to her; he pushed a lock of hair that had fallen across her face. That white hair that gave her that mystical look about her made her different to any other woman he had met.

He kissed her again, and this time she responded with that hungry intensity he remembered from his previous encounter.

He felt himself harden as their breathing quickened.

Their kissing became inflamed with a yearning to become one with each other.

Cain began to slowly unbutton Arianrhod's shirt, unveiling the flawless pale skin underneath. The two sides falling to one side revealed those two perfect breasts; his hand brushed over them with a careful caress as he moved his hand slowly over her swollen tummy. There he rested his hand for a moment as he remembered what was right under his palm. A feeling of protection came over him as the realisation finally hit home. He was going to become a father, and he had such strong feelings for this woman that would continue far beyond her human form. For now, he was going to enjoy whatever time they had together.

He moved his hand back to her breasts, cupping each one gently, almost like he was afraid he was going to hurt her in her condition.

"Will it be okay for us to..." Cain began.

Arianrhod did not allow him to finish the sentence. She swung herself astride him while beginning to unbuckle his belt. "I am with child; I am not an invalid. Now please be quiet and help me with this thing," she complained.

Cain chuckled, undid his belt and the buttons on his jeans. She stepped off the bed, and Cain finished removing his trousers and boots. Just before laying back on the bed, he whipped off his t-shirt. Arianrhod looked at him with lustful eyes. His body was so toned, and his manhood was erect and waiting for her. She started to sit astride him again, but he stopped her.

"Not so fast," he said, "We have plenty of time., and he pulled her down to one side. He wanted to hold her, to kiss her, to taste her. He didn't want something to be over with quickly.

Arianrhod lay back down next to him; he turned to face her, their eyes locked, desire evident in both of them. This was more than just sex now.

Cain leant over her once again and kissed those beautiful full lips while embracing her and pulling her close to him. Her tongue darted out and licked his lips, and she playfully bit his bottom lip.

They smiled at each other, then Cain started to kiss her neck; he left lingering kisses down the side of her neck, around the base of her ear and down towards the collar bone. Arianrhod murmured with content at this, moving her head away from him slightly to give him easier access. Cain enjoyed her natural saltiness on his lips as he worked his way across her throat and down her chest. She was very responsive, squirming on the bed as she got more aroused.

Cain hovered over her breasts, cupping one and caressing it; he kissed around the nipple of the other, licking around the outside and feeling it harden under his tongue. He sucked it greedily, making Arianrhod moan loudly. He moved over to the other and gave it the same attention.

Arianrhod entwined her fingers in his hair as she enjoyed the sensations that were coursing through her nerve endings. Mating had never felt so wonderful, and she had never been with a man outside of the mating season.

Cain was already working his way down her body. He kissed along the growing mound of her belly, caressing it lovingly as he did so. Letting his hands rest on her stomach, he continued kissing down towards her pelvis. She slightly adjusted her position as he moved to kiss her thighs, then took a deep breath in anticipation of his journey to her ultimate desire.

Arianrhod felt his breath as he looked at her womanhood with a hunger that was consuming his senses. His hands came down, and as his fingers parted her, she slightly lifted her pelvis; he noticed her wetness and kissed that pinkness that was uncovered. Her body responded, her back arched, and a gasp escaped from her lips.

Cain continued to lay small kisses on her vaginal lips, each one more longing than the previous. Finally, he licked her, his hot tongue flicking her clitoris and sending her into another realm of existence where nothing else mattered apart from the sensations she was now feeling. He licked and sucked her clitoris with such a craving that the feeling of lustful desires was growing in her groin, the feeling of being completely overwhelmed. He inserted a finger inside her and began to massage her erogenous zone, then a second finger. Never once did he stop his deft tongue from sending her mind into completely losing herself.

Arianrhod's breath started to quicken further, the expansion of warmth spread, and she felt herself fall into that zone of ultimate bliss. She was thrusting herself slightly now to match his movements, to which Cain recognised as the sign that she was about to hit her precipice. He decided then that pleasuring her was all that interested him.

He quickly removed his fingers and brought himself back up to her, guiding his rigid manhood into her as he rose. The initial surprise on her face was quickly replaced by absolute ecstasy as he started to thrust himself deep inside. She was already caught in her orgasmic zone and could barely breathe with the intensity that it brought. Her thighs clamped, her hips raised, she let out a loud sigh, and Cain felt her whole body shudder uncontrollably, pulsating on his erection. He continued to thrust, his reactions sending his mind into a frenzy and an orgasmic zone of his own. As she started to release him and relax in her body, he mounted guttural moans and emptied himself inside her. His forehead on hers, breathing in unison, the passion at that moment undeniable.

Cain's body relaxed into that post-coital embrace that followed, both breathless, both satisfied and content at the moment. He was conscious of not lying directly on top of Arianrhod, so he slipped to one side of her. He pulled her into him and held her tight. Their spent naked bodies entwined, and as one and in that embrace, they both fell into a deep slumber.

When Cain awoke, it was dark. He hadn't even replenished the fire, which was now just a dull red glow, or turn on the lights.

He was aware of the warmth in his arms in the darkness, and he could hear the light breathing. Arianrhod was still there. Just before he drifted into his slumber, he had a coldness envelop him of her being gone, returned into her creature form. Cain held her tight, feeling a deep care as well as protectiveness for her and his unborn child. How could all this happen in 24 hours?

On that final thought, he drifted again into a contented sleep with Arianrhod cuddled into him.

--------X--------

The light was streaming through the window when Cain woke up in the morning. This time, however, there was no warmth in his arms. His eyes snapped open, and he sat up quickly, looking around him. He couldn't see her, but what he did see was a fire in the hearth. Swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, he quickly pulled on his trousers and headed towards the cabin door. He reached out to open it, and just that second, the door opened and made him jump. Arianrhod walked through it and dropped all the wood she was carrying in shock.

"You scared me," she said. "I thought you would still be sleeping."

"I woke, and you weren't here; I got concerned." he replied, "The last time we were together, you disappeared and..."

Cain stopped mid-sentence.

"I know..., it was difficult, but it was out of my control. I had mated, and the time was over quickly afterwards. Most men don't bother coming to look for me when I disappear, so it was a surprise when you did," she explained.

"Well, I was worried," he stated softly, "You just disappeared, not a word or any noise at all. Just gone."

Cain bent down and picked up the wood from the floor and added them to the small flames that were struggling for life.

"Why are you out there getting wood? You have no clothes or anything on your feet."

"You wanted to add to it it last night, but we slept all the way through," she replied, "When I woke, I wanted to do something helpful. I used to light the hearth in my family home, I wanted to know if I still remembered how to do that."

She looked at the fire, "and it seems that I still remember," she added with a big smile.

Cain looked at her with amusement, and then a rush of affection filled his being. He was falling for this woman. I can't, he thought to himself, I can't fall in love with her. She's going to be changing back to a snow leopard again within a matter of months, and then what? His head was in turmoil with the new feelings he had.

"I'm going into the town this morning," Cain said to her, "I want to pick up some food and supplies, and I'm going to get some clothes and shoes for you. You can't just walk around in my shirt for the next few months."

He finished dressing and pulled on his boots.

"Is there anything you can think you would need?" he asked Arianrhod.

"I don't know," she replied, "It's been so long since I needed anything that I don't know what I need anymore."

"I need to take a few body measurements and of your feet. A little bit of an odd request, I know," Cain said, "But as you cannot come with me to town to buy clothing, I will have to make sure that the clothes and shoes will fit you."

Arianrhod stood there while Cain sized her up and then spoke, "You asked if there was anything I needed, and while it's not a need, it is a want. I was thinking about it while you measured me. I always loved apples, the green ones. Could you get me some apples, please?"

Cain laughed. "Is that all you want after all this time? Of course, I will get you some green apples. I don't mean to laugh, but your average woman would be so much more elaborate in their requests."

As he was making to leave, Cain pulled her to him and kissed her with the feeling of joy in his heart. Until now, he had never appreciated how empty his life had been. The last thirty six hours had been the most emotionally fulfilling of his life, and he would make the most of the next few months.

--------X--------

The town of Broderton was a semi-rural but busy hub for local shoppers. It had a selection of convenience stores, two cafes, an upmarket restaurant, and a few independent clothing and hardware stores. It also had an excellent pub, a cinema and a well-used library, which doubled up as a community hall.

The place had a bittersweet feeling for Cain. It was the town where he was born and raised and the town of the worst mining disaster in the country responsible for his father's death and the mental breakdown his mother suffered shortly afterwards. He only ever came here now if he needed supplies at the cabin.

Today he needed to pick up more supplies, food and clothing for Arianrhod. Walking into the clothing store, he looked around for the assistant; he had no idea where to start. Spotting one at the back of the store, he wandered over and asked if she would help.

The assistant looked somewhat bemused as Cain explained what he needed, giving her the piece of paper with Arianrhod's measurements. He asked for a couple of lovely dresses that allowed room for her pregnancy growth, some underwear, and two pairs of comfortable flat shoes. The assistant explained that she would do her best with what she had to work with, but it would be difficult just from measurements. He asked if it was okay to leave her to it and return to pay in about an hour. The assistant was happy to accommodate.

Cain walked up to the library. He had arranged to meet Jack there at 11 am. He had rung earlier that morning to say that he had information about the site's history where the cabin was built. He could have told him over the telephone, but he thought it would be good to meet up for a beer at The Foxhole Tavern as he was coming into town anyway.

Jack was already waiting for him outside and waved to Cain when he saw him walk across the forecourt.

"Hey," Jack said, "How're things?"

"Good, good," Cain replied. "I thought it would be good to meet up, have a pint in The Fox. Have a proper catch-up."

"Yeah, that would be great. First, though, come into the library so I can show you some things I found out about your little patch of land up there."

They turned and climbed the few steps into Broderton Town Library. Walking in through the large mahogany doors, the smell of thousands of books took Cain back to his childhood. He loved his books growing up, never leaving the house without one, so he was a regular visitor to this library. In all that time, the smell had never changed.

Jack led Cain to a table with a few books open at various pages and an old fold-out map of the Broderton and surrounding areas.

"You've been busy, I see," Cain stated with a look of surprise.

"I didn't mean to dig so deep," Jack replied, "but it got fascinating. I had never heard of this village or the history of what happened. It's fascinating and a bit x-files."

"Really, what like a Scooby-Doo type mystery?" Cain asked with a grin.

"Close enough, Shaggy," said Jack with a laugh. "This is what I found."

So Jack began with the story.

"The little hamlet was called Blakesley, which comes from the Old English by-name of Blæcwulf or black wolf combined with Lea, which means woodland or clearing. It had been there since the early 1600s, and its final inhabitants vanished without a trace, back in 1890."

Jack pulls over the map and an old book about local mysteries.

"Look at this," Jack continued, "This old ordinance map shows the old village; it wasn't big. There were no more than a dozen homesteads, a blacksmiths workshop, small community bakery, a potter, a brewery and the remains of what could have been a small marketplace. It was just a small settlement with the villagers having to make do with what the forest provided or ride to Broderton."

Cain was a little confused by one part more than the rest.

"So this settlement has been gone since at least 1890?" he asked, "Are you sure that date is right?"

"I'm positive," Jack replied, "It's in more than one publication, and your dad built the cabin back in the 1960s, and there was nothing but overgrown trees and old foundations remaining at the time. Look here; it's even mentioned in this old book about the local mysteries of Broderton."