Prince Bonir Vol. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DrSqueaky
DrSqueaky
537 Followers

In a few minutes both arrived, together. While there was no animosity between them, they were nevertheless in something of a competition, and so they tended to stay apart from each other. This was the first time I had ever addressed both of them together. Their serious expressions showed this face was not lost on either of them.

Eve spoke first. "Is there a problem, my lord?"

"Yes, of a sort," I replied, sitting in my favorite chair. "In the dungeon there is an accused witch from Merseinne..." I paused to let the distance between Averic and Merseinne to sink in. "It seems that she has heard that witches can get a fair trial here in Averic. Apparently she had also heard that I look favorably on certain...favors a young woman might provide." Eve, from firsthand experience, could envision all too clearly what had occurred, while Arianna had a pretty good inkling. "I cannot return her to Merseinne. And the bigger problem is that she may be just the first of many; who knows how far word has spread. There may be scores of accused witches trying to escape to our borders as we speak. But...that is not why I sent for you. I have had certain...intimacies with this prisoner. To be clear, what I do or don't do and with whom is my business alone, but I tell you this now because I wish to tell you what I did not do. I did not offer to take her in to my household as I had when the both of you were in similar situations. As much as my heart goes out to her, I cannot afford to support another servant. But more than that, I cannot split my time between three of you, and certainly not more. With any luck, I have come up with a different solution for her. To get to the point, I have called you here to reassure you both that, whatever rumours you might hear, for the foreseeable future you shall have no further competition for my favor."

They both heaved sighs of relief. They glanced at each other, unsure of what to do. And then, following some intuition a man could never understand, they simultaneously came forward and draped themselves upon me. "Thank you, my lord," Eve, the more well-spoken of the two, said. "I shall do my best to live up to the trust you have put in me."

"As shall I," Arianna piped in.

"Enough, ladies!" I interrupted. "You do not need to prove anything further. I...I am quite fond of you both, and it is I that am thankful to you for your willingness to remain here with me knowing that I can never offer to you any of the assurances that women generally desire."

Both reached to kiss me, but Arianna got there first—and she was in no hurry to share. So Eve did the next best thing—perhaps the better thing. Deprived of my mouth for the moment, she reached for my hose and showered her kisses on my penis. The strength of my response even surprised myself so soon after having been pleasured by Maris in the dungeon. Arianna quickly figured out what was happening, and an amazing thing happened—the shared me. Eve took her turn to kiss me while Arianna caressed me. Then Eve turned her attention to the berries that hung below the branch. My length was ensconced in one warm mouth, my jewels adored by another. They would switch places from time to time, each one's unique style bringing new sensations with it. I tenderly touched each woman's head, breathing heavily, very nearly unable to process all of the feelings flooding my senses.

I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow I ended up moving from the chair so that I was lying flat on the table. Eve straddled the part of me that pointed straight up, while Arianna brought her most private of parts right up to my face and displayed them to me; I licked them eagerly, savoring their scent. Then they switched again; Arianna bent her knees deeply and rocked herself up and down, repeatedly impaling herself upon engulfing my little knight. Eve for her part entertained me with the ample bosom she knew I liked so well. I had her nipple pinched firmly but not painfully when the overwhelming sensations brought me to climax. And that night, for the first time, I allowed both of them to spend the night in my bed.

-----------------

Sister Dominia paid me a call the following morning. "You called for me, Your Grace?" she asked hopefully.

"Yes," I replied, "and thank you for coming so quickly. You have a problem, and now it seems that I have problem as well. I believe that we can help each other out." I gave a signal and Maris was brought out, standing to the far right (my left) of the great hall. "It seems I have developed a reputation...a reputation in my dealings with accused witches."

"Indeed, Your Grace," Sister Dominia replied, "I have heard the same, and it speaks very well of you. I do not agree with the Archbishop on the handling of such affairs. I refuse to believe that there is no better way of dealing with witches; Your Grace, it seems, agrees." Her remark surprised me, not because she thought little of me when I was a child—of course she had always thought little of any child—but because I would have thought she would stand behind the Church no matter what. Perhaps, as woman, she saw things differently.

"Thank you, sincerely, Sister... but it seems that this has also become my problem. Maris, here," I gestured in her direction "was accused of witchcraft in Merseinne. I have already disproven the charges, but it seems that such evidence does not hold the same sway in some parts of the kingdom as it does in Averic. Thus to extradite her would be to sentence her to death—I refuse to allow innocents to suffer and die if I can help it."

"As Our Lord God would want it, Your Grace," she added.

"But it also leaves me with a problem—two problems, actually. The first is that if word of how we do things here has gotten to Merseinne, it surely has gotten other places as well. Thus, there is a good chance that we can expect a steady stream of suspected witches coming to Averic seeking refuge." I paused to let that sink in; Sister was thoughtful but said nothing. "The second is that I cannot simply start accepting refugees from other provinces; it would undermine the entire manor system. If word got out that Averic was not honoring indentures to other lords...well, either the entire political structure would collapse and the empire descend into chaos, or the King would step in to intervene and prevent us from accepting refugees. He might, reclaim jurisdiction over all court proceedings in the province, in which case we wouldn't even be able to save our own falsely accused. So somehow we must find a safe haven for these poor souls, but it must not involve swearing allegiance to the Duke of Averic."

"I presume this is where the Abbey fits in?" Sister Dominia asked. She may have been ancient, but she was sharp as a tack; she had a pretty good idea of where this was heading.

"Indeed it is—because the church exists outside of the bounds of the manor system. A peasant bound to one lord will not be accepted as a serf by another. But the Church can welcome anyone to pursue the religious life, anywhere," I explained.

"So you wish me to take all the suspected witches into the Order?" she asked, skeptical.

"No," I replied, "if a woman does not wish to be a nun, then she does the order no good to have her pretend be one. But you said yourself that you have a building standing empty, true?"

"Indeed," she answered.

"So what I envision is that they shall live cooperatively with the good Sisters and reside in the vacant hall," I continued. "If any wish to join the order, God bless them. But the others shall work alongside yourselves to earn their keep. Many of your sisters are elderly; most of the refugees will be young and able-bodied. You shall each contribute equally to the needs of the Abbey. Their additional hands will allow you to harvest your grapes, their hands can help mend your roofs. They will have autonomy over their own house, but you will retain ultimate authority over the Abbey. And...if there are enough of them...I have an idea for how they can start an industry of their own that would bring in at least as much money as does your vineyard."

"And what would I need to do to make this happen?" Sister Dominia asked thoughtfully.

"You would need to turn your unused building over to secular residents. You would need to share the responsibilities of operating the Abbey with others not in the order. Most importantly, if asked you must state that they are residents of the Abbey and members of your religious community. That should be sufficient; I would never ask you to speak untruth and claim that they are members of your order when they are not. And..." I said, pausing while I thought, "if things go well, you may need to find space on the grounds for the raising of sheep."

Sister Dominia raised her eyebrows at my seemingly incongruous comment about sheep. But she was in no position to deny any help in spite of her wariness. "I have my misgivings, Your Grace, but I am also in no position to turn down any assistance that is offered. I will allow the girl to live in the empty house. Perhaps in a fortnight we can revisit whether this arrangement is working out or not."

"Absolutely, Sister," I agreed, "this can only work if it is beneficial for all parties."

The guards removed Maris' chains. She walked towards the front of the court, knelt on one knee and bowed her head, saying "Thank you, your highness, for all that you have done for me."

"Rise," I replied, "I have only done what is the most just thing that was within my power to do. I wish I could have done more, as I feel as if I were exiling you to the Abbey. But do not forget, there are other ways to become a Citizen of Averic." I trusted she understood that were she to marry a citizen, she would be free to become one herself. She rose with a serious face, neither happy nor unhappy at her disposition, and followed Sister Dominia to the Abbey.

It was but two days after I sent Maris to the Abbey that the second—third, really, counting Arianna—inquisition refugee was found in Averic. When the fortnight was past and Sister Dominia returned to report on the experiment, there were two others awaiting, bringing to four the total refugees residing in the Abbey.

"Tell me truthfully, how goes the experiment?" I asked Sister.

"I am amazed, Your Grace," she replied, "the girls have been most helpful. The vineyards are weeded, the Abbey cleaned for the first time in months. The have taken their fair share of the cooking as well. I am most pleased with the arrangement so far."

"I glad of it," I replied. "And since the number of residents appears destined to grow, I have an idea for how they may earn some additional support for the Abbey."

It was one thing to suggest to Maris and the others that they might try to marry a citizen—not a popular proposition among Averic's own ladies, I'm sure—but without a dowry, their odds were slim. Their labor was valuable, but they needed a way to earn money for themselves and for the Abbey. I had a plan to allow them to do just that.

I had taken possession of a shop in the village that had lain empty since its childless proprietors had both succumbed to plague. I had it cleaned out and a sign made proclaiming it "The Abbey Store." I had a flock of sheep transferred from the far north to the Abbey, which allowed me to transfer the peasant's families to lands in the west (which for some reason the peasants deemed preferable). An old barn not too distant from the Abbey was pressed back into service to house the flock. On market days—Wednesdays and Saturdays—they brought a cart with wares from the Abbey to the store to sell, accompanied by two of my own guards, as the fair ladies would else be prime marks for highwaymen.

At first they sold just wine and handcrafts made by the sisters. Next came wool, at first raw, but as they grew in number and skill, as spun thread—and the occasional mutton. All of these things were out in the open and plain to see. But a knowing customer—or a likely fellow let in on the secret—knew that there was an upstairs room where a different product might be found, the real reason why I had turned the witches into shepherdesses. I had impressed upon Eve to teach the witches how to make sheaths, and they now manufactured them at the Abbey and secretly sold them out of the store. They made some percentage on all items sold for their efforts, but sales of the sheath were almost 100% profit. All profits were pooled and split three ways; one-third to the Abbey, to pay for room and board; one-third to me, for the cost of the guardsman escort, the use grazing land and the rental of the shop in town; and one-third for themselves, to reinvest or split however they saw fit.

It was an unconventional enterprise to be sure. My greastest fear had been what might happen when the townsfolk learned that there were women accused of witchcraft living in Averic, but in the end nothing came of it. It seemed that the general thinking was that if they were truly witches the Abbess would be the one to know, and she was comfortable with them living in the Abbey they must be all right. In fact, somewhat to my chagrin the east wing of the Abbey came to be known as the "Wytch's Hotel."

The girls themselves turned out to be extremely entrepreneurial. They organized, and soon they were also selling vegetables and handiwork from nearby farms in the shop on consignment. Rather than just sell the wine by the bottle, they also sold it by the glass; my soldiers were all too happy to spend their off-duty time drinking it and talking with the lovely young lasses that tended the shop. At first the tavern owners complained, until I pointed out that the ladies only sold wine during market hours. Once the market closed the soldiers had to head to the taverns to continue drinking, and it actually increased their business. A few got wise to the value of attractive ladies doing the serving and hired some of the most outgoing girls as serving wenches in the taverns. I gave this my blessing, as it allowed them to live and work in the town without having any direct allegiances to myself. Both in the town and at the Abbey girls were saving up money, one way or another to better their lot. I could not have been happier with how my "experiment" had turned out.

There were rumors that some of the "wytches" could be persuaded, for an extra fee, to demonstrate to naïve—or perhaps just the opposite—customers just how the sheath was to be employed. I turned a blind eye to the possibility until such time as pressure required that I address it. Within six months the Abbey was supporting more than a dozen witches in exile—in fact, but the time by birthday came round, there were more witches at the Abbey than nuns.

------------------

As my birthday neared, Eve pried me for information as to what I wished for my birthday. But even taking advantage of the loosened tongue that follows the release of the loins, I had no answer to give. I told her and Arianna both, truthfully, that having them around as my doting servants was all any man could ask for. Then one night, as Eve lay next to me while I lay spent, she said, "I have received word from Maris at the Abbey."

"Oh?" I asked. As the first resident of the "Witch's Hotel," Maris had become its leader, even passing on numerous offers to work in the taverns of the town to continue her role at the Abbey.

"Yes," Eve continued, "they know that your birthday is coming as well. They have asked that you might come and visit the Abbey to see what all they have accomplished, but mostly they with to thank you for all you have done for them. To a one, they all say that they live today only because of your magnanimity."

"Nonsense," I protested, "I was trained as a knight, and in the code of chivalry fairness is the rule of the day. I have merely applied that which I believe in."

"You are too modest, your Grace," Eve purred as she ran her fingers gently along my bare chest. "You are not just fair, but you are also wise and clever. What other province of the kingdom tries witches as they do in Averic?"

"None, alas," I admitted.

"Because only Averic has Your Grace as it's Lord," she replied.

"The success of my experiment pleases me more than any thanks they could give," I replied.

"And yet they owe their lives to you, and they wish to show you their appreciation..." she countered. "It seems there is one thing that does make my lord happy..." as she spoke, she let her hand's path travel further south, until she was (again) gently stroking the slumbering dragon.

"Indeed, it is my weakness," I admitted, feeling the dragon stirring from its dreams. "If I do not learn to better control it, it will surely be my downfall."

"That day Maris first arrived..." Eve said, seemingly changing the subject, "that day you talked to Arianna and I together in your chamber...it seemed like perhaps my lord was especially fond of that experience..."

"I admit I found it quite pleasurable," I confessed, "but it is unfair enough for one man to have access to two women as lovely as you. I certainly do not expect them to have to share me at the same time."

"My lord, as thoughtful of others as ever," she answered admiringly. "But it cannot be denied—he likes what he likes." And with that she began to caress my flesh anew. Coupled with the switch to third person in her speech, I wondered if perhaps "he" referred not to me as a whole but only to that part of me she held in her hand. But those thoughts quickly fled my head as Eve continued to caress me with her soft warm tongue. I lay there, eyes closed, while Eve showered me with affection until her efforts were rewarded with a mouthful of white liquid.

Eve spoke no more of the Abbey or my birthday wishes, and I was so busy running Averic the topic slipped my mind. I did begin to notice some seeming whispers in the shadows, though, mostly from Eve although some also with Arianna and Jauffrey. On a few occasions messengers arrive with messages for Eve, which had not happened before. I wondered what was going on.

Three days before my birthday, I received an official letter from the Abbess. The Abbey was re-dedicating it's newly re-roofed chapel, it said, and as the Archbishop was unavailable, asked that I might preside over the ceremony.

"Yes, of course," I replied wearily—this sort of thing was what Dukes did a lot of, as it was important to be seen in this way by the people. "When is it?" I groaned inwardly when I learned it was on my birthday. I may not have had anything I specifically wanted for my birthday, but going to the Abbey to dedicate a chapel was not what I had in mind.

"Fear not, your Grace," Eve whispered, "perhaps the Abbess does not know it is your birthday, but we do. We shall see to it that a suitable celebration takes place." I nodded. I knew that Eve was quite clever and would find a way to arrange some manner of a celebration—or at least ensure that I needn't remain chaste on the special day. I failed, however, to put two and two together.

My birthday morn found me on horseback riding towards the Abbey, with no idea of what was in store for me. A small cadre of staff came with me; Eve and Arianna, Jauffrey and six guards, and three of the kitchen staff—I wasn't sure why they were coming, as I hoped this visit to be as brief as possible, but everyone else seemed convinced they were necessary to ensure that I received a meal worthy of this special day. We arrived at the Abbey with little time to spare before the traveling priest began noon mass.

It was a strange setting; the right side of the chapel was nearly empty, every other pew holding a single one of the remaining nuns that prayed here every day. The left side, on the other hand, was filled to near capacity. I occupied the first row with my escorts and Jauffrey as my guards took up stations along the aisle. The next two rows were filled with the residents of the "Wytches Hotel." And all the remaining pews were filled by local peasants that lived in the shadow of the Abbey, curious to at last see what it looked like on the inside.

DrSqueaky
DrSqueaky
537 Followers