Prissy Blonde and Playful Brunette Ch. 06-08 - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Still playing with her dog as she started lying on the couch, Britney mumbled, "I think you're just too comfortable with your job."

"Yeah, I'm the comfortable one," Sarah responded, rolling her eyes. "Besides, even if I get a new job, we'll still have the same PTO problems."

"That's awesome," the blonde said sarcastically. Then, with a sigh, she continued, "I guess my life will just have to revolve around yours, even though I'm the one that makes more money."

Sarah was left with her mouth open for a second before furrowing her eyebrows and walking off. "Okay, I don't have time for this. I'm going to work," she said. Then, right as she got to the door, she turned her head and let out her frustrations. "Congratulations on making more money than me, but that doesn't mean you don't have to treat me with respect. This is a two-way relationship."

Before Britney could respond, Sarah slammed the door, causing her to become speechless. Instead of searching for a solution, she just looked at the teacup puppy and said, "Fuck her. We don't need her."

Princess gave the angry blonde a cute look, acting just as happy as could be. Then, without warning, she tinkled, causing Britney to gasp.

"Ugh! I forgot to tell Sarah to train you not to pee inside..."

***

"You actually want to stop somewhere and eat?" Kenzie asked, driving the patrol car.

"Yeah, why not?" the young brunette asked, sitting in the passenger seat. "I was pretty busy today and didn't get a chance to eat."

"Did Brit not make you one of her famous cheese sandwiches?"

With a sigh, Sarah answered, "No, we kind of got into another stupid argument,"

"Oh, what was it about?"

"The same stuff we always argue about... except this time... it hurt me more than usual for some reason."

"Maybe the stress is just building up from all the other arguments... At least I think that's why I've been having so many problems lately..."

"You and Paul are fighting again?"

"Yeah... over little stuff too... It's like... these things aren't that big of a deal but... when we're already mad at each other, it's kind of hard not to jump down each other's throats every chance we get."

"I totally get what you're saying," Sarah replied, nodding your head. "But at least you recognize it. Does he recognize that?"

"Maybe, but he's kind of a beta... so if I try to call him out for his shit, he just acts all passive aggressive... Don't tell him I said this, but he can be such a bitch sometimes."

Sarah let out a little laugh before shifting her focus to her own relationship. "Brit is definitely a bitch sometimes... but I think everything will be okay."

"You do?" Kenzie asked with a genuine smile.

"Maybe I'm crazy, but I think acting selfish is the only way she knows how to communicate," Sarah explained, almost blushing to herself. "She knows this job was sort of a last resort for me. Maybe she's just nagging me because she thinks I can find something that will be better for my life."

"That could be it... but don't you think that might be wishful thinking?"

"It could be... She has a very strange way of communicating, but when it comes down to the most serious moments, and she's reduced to her most vulnerable state, she shows me how much she is really willing to sacrifice for me."

"That's so sweet," the deputy responded, blushing from Sarah's cute story. But then, shifting the focus to a less romantic perspective, she explained, "Chelsea's handling her relationship issues with a different strategy. She's just cheating on her boyfriend with Cooper."

"What?! And isn't he married?"

"Yeah! Crazy, right?!"

"No wonder they always work together..."

"I know, right?!" Kenzie said with a laugh. Then, as they were driving down the highway, she noticed a car in front of them with no brake lights. "Hey, before we grab a bite, I'm going to pull this vehicle over really quick."

"Yeah, let's do it," Sarah replied, grabbing the radio mic.

***

"You really got a puppy..." Melina said, staring wide-eyed at her blonde friend holding Princess in her arms. "And... your brought it to the bar..."

"She's a girl puppy, and her name is Princess," Britney explained with an attitude. "I'm bringing her everywhere. I'm one of those girls now."

After a long pause, the tall brunette asked, "Is she at least potty trained?"

"Oh, no she's not. Sarah forgot to potty train her before leaving for work. Can you potty train her for me? Sarah and I are fighting right now, so I don't even feel like asking her anymore."

"Wait... what?!"

"Potty train... like make sure she only goes outside... and not in my purse."

"Not in your purse...? Wait, no. I meant... why are you and Sarah fighting?"

"She was just being completely unreasonable," the prissy blonde explained, rolling her eyes. "I told her I got Princess to keep me company since she can't, then I basically told her to quit her job because I make more money than her anyway, and she got all mad and slammed the door. Ridiculous, right?"

With her eyes wide-open, Melina asked, "Why... would you say that to her?"

"What did I say that was so wrong?" Britney asked, looking ever so innocent as she sipped on her drink. "Everything I said was the truth, so what's offensive about it?"

"You probably shouldn't bring up personal finances like that. That's a touchy subject."

"So I'm supposed to pretend I don't make way more money than her?"

"No... but you don't have to be so disrespectful about it," the tall brunette suggested. "Besides, I don't think you really have room to talk."

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" the spoiled blonde asked, looking for a reason to get offended. "Are you defending her by claiming you make more money than me? Because I bet that's not true... At least I don't think it's true... How much did you make last month?"

"That's not what I'm saying... and I'm not telling you how much I make. I'm just saying that Sarah is at least responsible with her money. Unlike us, who spend almost all the money we make, she has a savings account and retirement money."

"Well... well... I'm paying the rent for our apartment so..."

"Didn't you say she pays the other bills?" Melina interrupted.

"Yeah, but that's barely..."

"And isn't she saving money to buy a house?"

"Umm... yeah, but..."

"Are you contributing to that down payment?"

"Melina!" the blonde yelled, shutting her friend up. "Can I at least have a second to answer your questions before you ask me another one?"

"Oh... sorry..."

After a long pause, Britney took a deep breath and stared into her puppy's eyes. "This isn't about me; it's about Sarah... She's too talented to settle for a job like that and she knows it. She just feels like she owes them something because they were the first ones to hire her when she was struggling for money. Well, guess what; She's not struggling now that we're together, so there's no pressure to go for anything that's less than her dream job."

"You should have seen her in high school," Britney continued, almost pretending Princess was Sarah as she stared into her puppy eyes. "She was so smart she got a full scholarship, she was good at sports... not just volleyball but every sport, and everyone freaking liked her... which is something else she needs to understand because everyone is going to like her no matter where she works.

"Of course I hate how dangerous her job is, but what I hate even more is that she has a job that she likes but not a job that she loves. Someone like her is going to be amazing at whatever she does, so it makes it hard for her to leave because she feels so important. But what she doesn't understand is that's how she would feel anywhere because she's just so fucking talented at everything.

"You know what else...? I love that she's saving up for a house... I love everything about it... but I'd rather live in a small apartment my entire life than a house as long as I know she is both safe and fulfilled."

Several seconds went by with nothing but awkward silence. Melina was just staring at Britney with her mouth wide-open and her eyes as big as ever.

"What are you looking at?" Britney asked, going right back to her usual bitchy self.

"Brit... that was so sweet," the brunette model replied, almost stumbling over her words in disbelief. "Why can't you just say that to her? I'm sure she would understand."

"Because I have a better idea," the blonde responded, smiling as she pointed at her friend. "I think she'll really get the point when she comes home from work and finds that I'm not there. That'll teach her to never take me for granted again."

"Ugh! And just where do you think you're going to stay?!"

"Oh, right...That reminds me of a question I have for you. Do you mind if I stay at your apartment tonight?"

"What?!!" Melina responded, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, and by the way... do you have any idea how to potty train a puppy?"

"No, I don't... Have you tried googling it?"

"I have not... Let me know what you find."

"Oh my God..."

***

"Okay, Sir. Everything checks out. Just make sure you get those break lights fixed."

"Yes Ma'am. Thank you."

"All right, Sir. Have a safe night."

"Pretty nice guy," Kenzie said as she and Sarah started walking back to their patrol car. "He was probably full of shit, but I can't prove he didn't know his lights weren't working."

"Eh, I thought it was a good call," Sarah suggested, shrugging her shoulders. "It's time to get some food, anyway."

"Oh, that's right! So what are you feeling, IHOP or Denny's? Those are pretty much our only choices."

"Those and Waffle House..."

"Okay, I am not going to Waffle House," Kenzie expressed, before chuckling. Then, as she looked up, she noticed a light coming towards them. "Is it me or is that car going in and out of the lanes?"

Realizing the car was coming right towards them, Sarah shoved her way through Kenzie, pushing her out of the way. "Watch out!"

There was a loud screech, followed by an even louder bang. Kenzie opened her eyes as she picked herself up from the ground. The car had slammed its side into the median, and now the tires were screeching as it was pulling off as fast as it could.

"What the fuck?!" Kenzie screamed as she tried to go after the car. But then, as she looked around and found Sarah on the ground, she suddenly noticed something that left her screaming in fear. "Sarah!!!"

Kenzie grabbed her partner and tried to wake her up, but the brunette appeared unconscious for the moment. Then, as she investigated the blood coming from Sarah's pant leg, she realized it had been crushed by the car.

Frantically, she got back up to her feet and ran two steps towards the car. Then, out of pure fear of the situation, she dropped to her knees before crawling back to her partner with tears coming down her cheeks. "Sarah! You're going to be okay!

"Nine-zero-three to dispatch, this is emergency traffic! Nine-zero-four has been struck by a gray four-door sedan! She's breathing but we need backup and EMS! The car is going southbound! Please send EMS right now!

"Sarah!!!"

***

Singing to herself quietly, Britney opened the door to her apartment, feeling proud. I bet Sarah was worried sick about me, she thought, expecting the brunette to be inside, waiting for her. She's been home for at least an hour now... I wonder why she didn't text me...

The prissy blonde became concerned as she walked through the apartment and noticed no one was home. It doesn't even look like she's been here... The thermostat hasn't been touched... and everything is exactly the way I left it...

Suddenly, a thought popped into the woman's head, causing her to go red with anger. She better not be playing games with me, she said to herself, pulling her phone out. Since she wants to act immature, I guess I'll just have to call her.

The phone rang and rang, but there was no answer on the other side. This is so strange, she thought, putting her phone down after several failed attempts. Sarah usually tells me when she's running late... and she always picks up her phone...

After scrolling through her contacts, she eventually found the dispatch phone number for Sarah's department. I guess I have to call her work since she wants to mess around.

"Hi, I'm looking for a status update on... Yes, this is Britney... Uh huh... Wait... What do you mean she's in the hospital?! What happened?!"

***

Breathing heavily, the panicked blonde went rushing through the doors, searching for answers. There, she found Sarah's coworker, who looked even more frantic than she did. "Kenzie! Where is Sarah?!"

"Brit! I wanted to call you, but none of us had your number. And I can't find Sarah's phone anywhere... She's going to be okay, but she's in surgery right now."

"Surgery?!"

"A car hit her and ran over her leg. Several bones were shattered so she had to get an emergency surgery to put everything back together... She also went unconscious from hitting her head on the road, but she woke up in the ambulance."

"How the fuck did all of this happen?!" Britney shouted, demanding answers from the deputy. "Where the fuck were you?! How could you let this happen?! I trusted you to take care of her!"

"I'm sorry!" Kenzie let out, visibly shutting down as tears streamed from her eyes. She had barely been able to keep herself together, but seeing the woman her partner loved was more than she could handle. With tears rushing from her eyes, she frantically explained, "We were walking back to the car on the side of the highway and a car came flying at us out of nowhere and Sarah pushed me out of the way and now she's hurt because of me!"

The fragile woman continued to break down as Britney watched, covering her mouth. "I wanted to go after the car, but Sarah was on the ground unconscious and I didn't know what to do and I froze! You were the first person I thought of because Sarah would have never been hurt if she didn't have to push me out of the way, and I'm so sorry!"

Britney was suddenly moved to grab the frantic woman and embrace her with a big hug. She took Sarah's friend into her arms and let her cry and melt into her shoulder. "Shhh... It's okay..."

"I'm sorry... You have every right to be mad at me..."

"I'm not mad at you... I'm mad at the world... and myself... I shouldn't have taken it out on you... Sarah is going to be okay, right?"

"Yeah... She should be..."

"And are you okay?"

"I think so... Thank you for asking..."

***

Hours later, Sarah woke up and noticed her leg in a cast, elevated in the air. She was extremely groggy from all the pain medication, making it difficult for her to gather where she was.

As she looked around, she noticed her blonde girlfriend sleeping in a chair in the corner of the room. "Brit?" she called, with a raspy voice.

Slowly, the blonde opened her eyes before building up the urgency to get out of her seat. "Sarah! You're okay!"

"Yeah, I'm okay... My body hurts though... Did my surgery go okay?"

"The surgeon said everything went well," Britney explained before a sad look came over her face. "But he also said you would need a lot of therapy... and that it would be a while before you can walk again..."

The brunette suddenly looked more awake as she thought about all the work that had been done on her leg. "Well, that sucks..." she said, staring at her cast.

"Yeah... I didn't really understand what he was saying, but you have some tears and breaks in there... And you were losing so much blood they had to do the surgery. I'm actually supposed to let them know when you wake up, but I just wanted to have this moment with you."

Reflecting the best she could on the incident, Sarah nodded her head and responded, "I'm glad I could share this moment with you."

With a tear running down on cheek, Britney muttered, "I was really worried about you..."

"I know... I'm sorry..." the brunette responded with a deep sigh. "You were right; this job is dangerous. You don't deserve to worry about me like this."

"Sarah... We can talk about the reasons I think you should consider other jobs later, but that's not what's on my mind right now," Britney explained, trying not to sob. "When I heard you were in the hospital, I wasn't thinking about your job. I was thinking about us..."

Making eye contact with her sweet brunette girlfriend, the blonde explained, "I guess I'm just so awful, it took something like this to make me realize how selfish I am. Instead of always asking you to do stuff for me, I should have been asking myself what I could do for you. I know you always find a way to see the good in me, but it's time I start pulling my weight in this relationship. I've said it so many times, but now you'll see it through my actions. I'm ready to be everything you need in a relationship, because I love you..."

After a long pause, Sarah looked up at her girlfriend and whispered, "I love you too, but..."

"No, don't try to spin this and make me sound better than I am," Britney interrupted, getting closer to the bed. "Just let me prove this to you.... Let me have this..."

Resting her head back against the pillow, the exhausted brunette stared up at the ceiling and let out a deep breath. "Brit... Thank you..."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Both women expected it to be someone from the hospital staff, but to their pleasant surprise, it was Kenzie.

A big smile came over the deputy's face as she realized her partner was now awake. "Sarah! How are you feeling?!"

"I'm good, Kenzie... How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're awake!" the curly haired brunette responded with a smile on her face. "But I'm not injured or anything, thanks to you... You pushed me out of the way of that car... and saved my life... Thank you..."

"Don't mention it," Sarah responded with a nonchalant look. "I don't even remember if I did that on purpose... I might have just been trying to get out of the way and pushed you inadvertently."

"That's so you," Kenzie responded, laughing through her tears. "You just can't take credit for anything, can you?"

"I've had that problem with her for a while," Britney added with a chuckle.

"Kenzie... Did anyone catch that car?"

"Yeah, Chelsea and Cooper did... It was easy to spot the car because of all the damage on the side..."

"Oh, right..."

"It was a drunk driver."

"At least I know they didn't hit me on purpose."

"Yeah... By the way, our sergeant needs to talk to you about light duty and getting your medical bills taken care of. I'm going to let him know you're awake, okay?"

"Sounds good. Thank you."

"Hey Sarah... If there's anything I can ever do for you... just let me know... I owe you my life..."

After looking down for a moment, Sarah reconnected with her coworker's eyes. "Kenzie... We didn't make it to IHOP, did we?"

"No..." the deputy responded, raising her eyebrows in confusion."

"I'm starving... Can you get me some pancakes and we'll just call it even?"

"Sure can," Kenzie answered with a little smile. "I'll call the sergeant and then I'll be back with food for both of you."

Both women thanked the deputy, but once she was gone, Britney found an opportunity to blame herself. "You're hungry because I didn't pack you cheese sandwiches..."

"Brit... I can't walk..."

The blonde put her head down. "I know..."

"That means I can't cook," Sarah explained, giving her girlfriend a smile. "You're going to have to at least toast my cheese sandwiches because I can't cook for myself anymore. And cold cheese on cold bread just doesn't do it for me."

"Sarah... How can you have such a good attitude at a time like this? You almost... You got really hurt, but you're still making jokes..."

"I don't know how to explain it... but in a weird way, I'm not mad at the world for what could have been. I'm happy with the world for what I already have... And I'm just happy I get to keep living my life... with you... and everything else that I'm thankful for."