All Comments on 'Prodigal Father'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

very arousing story......gay incest is best

jriggandukejriggandukeabout 13 years ago
missused word

Prodigal does not mean what you think it means. It would be a good idea to check your definitions before submitting your work. It is one of my biggest peeves.

Prodigal:

–adjective

1.

wastefully or recklessly extravagant: prodigal expenditure.

2.

giving or yielding profusely; lavish (usually followed by of or with ): prodigal of smiles; prodigal with money.

3.

lavishly abundant; profuse: nature's prodigal resources.

–noun

4.

a person who spends, or has spent, his or her money or substance with wasteful extravagance; spendthrift.

sr71pltsr71pltabout 13 years agoAuthor
Bible

The reference to "Prodigal" is to the biblical story of the Prodigal Son. A reversal. Get it? (Apparently not)

npiccininpicciniabout 13 years ago
Duh...

I got the reference immediately. Love your stories!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Why Quibble

over semantics. This is a good story but a sad one. Stories of Father/Son incest are all too rare. The relationship can be very rewarding. This is a good example of what might have been.

jriggandukejriggandukeabout 13 years ago
got it

Duh...I got it right away. The Biblical story isn't about the go away and come back that everyone thinks it is either. So it's not just semantics.

Maybe "Long Lost Father" would be a better title.

It's your story and I've wasted enough time on it already.

sr71pltsr71pltabout 13 years agoAuthor
Anal Retentive?

OK, I get it, jrigg, you're too busy being anal retentive to try to understand creative writing and the process of choosing story titles. (Got you to read it, didn't it?) I believe it gave the reader a good clue on the construct of the story--which is the purpose of a title. I think you're maybe reading in the wrong corner of the Web. I suggest "Scientific American." (Bet you zapped the story in the ratings too just because of the title.)

sr71pltsr71pltabout 13 years agoAuthor

By, the way, jrigg, the definitions you provided were incomplete. Def 2 for the noun "prodigal" in Webster's is "one who has returned after an absence." This was the connotation I was using--although adding the irony that he had to be tracked down initially. (His emotional return to his son came subsequently and was what the son used to punish him for leaving in the first place--which is the key to the story.) I used the word in the extrapolated sense of "wayward." I'll take it as your problem that you have tunnel vision (and tailor your definitions to your narrow needs). Your suggestion for a title is really flat, you know--which I don't find surprising.

SadieRoseSadieRoseabout 13 years ago
Nit-Picking aside...

I read the title as refering to the manner in which Steve squandered his initial relationship with his family. He was prodigal in a financial sense, believing money solved all problems, but not emotionally and he reaped the rewards of that.

Initially I found the taciturn nature of his growing sexual relationship with Ty too brisk and undeveloped but re-reading in the light of the conclusion the build up makes more sense. An intriguing moral parable and well up to your customary standards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice Turn

"The first time Ty fucked his father was a couple of weeks after this pattern had set in."

I think this turning-point sentence is an awesome move, sr71plt. The sentence's construction gives the already-expected act of incest such a blunt revelation. Rather than letting the fact of their fucking unfold (as most other authors might have done), you acknowledge the inevitability of the act. Somehow this struck me as unbelievably titilating--and the erotic (if not narrative) climax of the story.

This is my best attempt at descibing this sentence's (and the story's) effect. Can someone else help me out?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...