Project Aquarius - Log 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

First, red. She began to glow streaks of red. Then, blue, and she began to shimmer blue. This time, a lighter blue, more akin to her normal azure scales. Finally, green, and nearly her entire body lit up.

"Do you have a favorite of those colors?"

She stared quietly at him for a moment, then she began to glow red.

"Why that one?"

"It's the color of love."

"Okay, fair." He wasn't entirely sure how she knew that, but considering she was comparing it to love instead of, say, anger, he couldn't complain too much.

"Do you have a favorite color Rylan?" Nixie asked him innocently.

"Yes. Light blue, actually." He waited patiently to see if she'd pick up on that.

Again, silence, before he watched her jolt lightly, as if struck by a revelation. "Like the color of my scales," she responded matter-of-factly. The more she spoke with him the more it seemed like she was becoming more responsive, confident, and less apathetic. Her voice was still a strange mix of two women he knew and one he didn't, but he did his best to ignore that for the time being.

"Exactly." He nods at her. "You have lovely bright blue scales." The light blue to her scales suggested that her species spent more time closer to the surface than down below, which was odd, considering the lure atop her head and brilliant bioluminescence suggested otherwise. He noted on his tablet that perhaps their species would breed in brighter, safer waters, but lived and hunted in the darker depths. "Do you feel like trying a new color today?"

"Yes. I would like that."

"Excellent." He tapped over to the color application again, turned it yellow, and showed her the color. "We call this color yellow. Can you replicate it?"

She flashed several colors, none of them the right one. He knew she could glow yellow, having seen it on her in the past, but she was struggling. When she finally managed the color, he stopped her. "Hey, that was it!" He quickly pointed out. "Can you go back to that color?" It took her a few moments, then she began to glow bright yellow.

"Yellow. Is this right?"

"Yes, perfect!" He smiled at her. "You're amazing, Nixie."

She glowed, briefly, a rainbow of colors, before turning almost fully red. Sort of like a full body blush, but he knew that wasn't quite why she was doing it. He'd praised her, and she reacted this way pretty much every time.

"Do you want a treat?" He asked her, reaching over to a nearby container. He produced the treat, a tiny little pellet full of nutrients that they knew were fairly universal in the diet of Keanosian fish. The treat itself was shaped exactly like another fish that she liked to eat, a sardine-like creature with eight fins. He held it up for her inspection, and she turned green as a display of affirmation.

"Rylan." She interrupted him as he lifted the treat to the small receptacle that they typically used to safely deliver treats and food to her. "Can you feed it to me yourself?"

He paused, the hand holding the treat lowering a little. "What do you mean?"

"I want to feel your touch," she responded. Every cell in his body screamed at him not to, that this was the way old scifi holovids with alien creatures as research subjects turned out. He'd hold out the treat to her, she'd pull him into the tank and devour him completely. Still, he was intrigued, despite the brief, initial moment of fight or flight that hit him with that request.

"You're not going to bite me or anything, are you?" He asked her quietly, almost so quiet he was afraid she wouldn't hear him.

"I would never. I love you."

Not exactly reassuring, considering he was staring down something akin to an enormous lanternfish, but he decided to take the chance. His eyes never left hers for nearly a full minute, before he nodded to her. "Okay. I'm trusting you."

Actually going up to where the top of the cylindrical glass tube that made up most of Nixie's home required him to go a slightly roundabout way. He walked a few rooms to the maintenance chamber, an all-access area that allowed them to get to any room in the event of an emergency, lockdown, or other need. It was mostly for maintenance, as one would expect, but their arrivals were few and far between and often unceremonious. They knew about and tackled problems long before his team even knew there was an actual problem.

He took to the ladder leading up to the large upper space between the thicker outside wall of the ceiling of their new research platform and the thinner modular spaces below. He could look down into each one and see what was inside through sealed windows, not that he needed to. He made his way to the center, and was soon able to stand. The center room was quite large, showing that Nixie's 'home' was taller than he'd imagined by a good six or seven feet. Four ladders ringed the tube in cardinal directions, and he chose the closest one to him, climbing to the top.

All the while, Nixie watched, glowing yellow now with what he felt might be anticipation. He wasn't sure that made him feel any better, and as if reading the apprehension on his face, she instead began to glow a rainbow of colors. That put him more at ease. He reached the top of the tube, unsealed it, and slowly opened it. It was segmented into four parts, each facing the ladder. It was designed to be removed completely if necessary, but required all four segments to be opened first and then it could be lifted using a small manual machine installed in the ceiling. It was notably made to allow bigger specimens to be placed in or taken out with ease.

Down below he could see the rainbow of colors that was the fish he was about to feed. She popped her head up out of the water and looked at him with a gaze that he could've sworn was expectant. "Do you want the treat first?" He asked her calmly.

"Yes, please."

"How do you want me to give it to you? Drop it into your mouth, into the water next to you, or..?"

"Could you feed me like you would someone you loved?"

"Uhhh." He was understandably apprehensive once more. Her teeth were razor sharp, and if either of them weren't careful, he might get hurt. He wasn't so worried about Nixie being hurt, because any of those razor sharp teeth grew back in days, so it was his fingers he was primarily concerned for.

"Do my teeth scare you?" She asked, and he felt her worry in those words.

"A little."

"I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's fine. I'm just being honest with you because you deserve that honesty. It's good to share our emotions and feelings. Can you at least promise me you'll be careful?" He asked, taking hold of the back fins of the fish-like treat, holding it out toward her.

"I will do my best."

He held out the front end of the treat to her, watching those razor sharp teeth part. In the past while watching her feed, he'd seen her absolutely tear prey apart in seconds, thrashing it about energetically to ensure it was dead and then feasting upon the bits left over. The treats weren't handled any differently. This time, however, she gingerly grabbed hold of the treat and pulled it out of his grip. She bit it in half, swallowing the piece that tumbled into her maw, then swimming down to grab the second before it drifted too far down.

Then she swam back up to him, her face once again breaking the surface. "Did I do good?"

"You did amazing!" He praised her, pleased when she glowed that familiar rainbow of colors in her happiness. "Would you like me to touch you now?"

The rainbow colors stopped, and the red color appeared. Normally, she didn't do it entirely through her body, but now she glowed a bright red from nose to fin. "Yes."

He reached down with a greater amount of confidence, pausing briefly before his hands touched the water. "No biting, now."

"Yes. No biting. I promise."

Taking the word of a fish, an alien world's fish, was probably not the smartest idea, but so far, she'd shown a gentleness that he'd never seen before from any specimen he'd ever looked at, so he reached his hands into the water and gently lifted them to caress her belly, slowly up to her sides, careful where the gills were, and then up to her head. The longer he touched her, the brighter she glowed red. He was sure if she had eyelids, they'd be fully closed. She made gentle clicking noises, throat undulating as she did, and he could feel it in his core. She didn't need to, but it was a lot like purring. Just a slightly uncomfortable purring, at least for him.

He continued to feel along her body, making sure to stroke downward so as not to tug her scales. It was an affectionate gesture, a reward for her friendliness and her willingness to keep her promise. He wasn't firm with her, very gentle, not sure how fragile she might be. A body as big as Nixie's, however, was probably not especially fragile, so there wasn't much to worry about. Still, he was generally cautious and didn't want to hurt her, so gentle he remained.

"Thank you." She said after a moment, and when his hands left her body to lift out of the water, she turned a deeper shade of red than usual. "Would you like to breed me?"

He laughed aloud at that, the only reaction he could think to have at the proposition, and then felt a wave of confusion that he knew came from Nixie. "I mean, we're not exactly... compatible...? You're a fish, I'm a human... don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely flattered by your offer, but I think I'd hurt you, and even then it'd be pointless."

"You breed Mei. Why not breed me?"

"Ah, well, that's a little different." He sat on the edge of the tank. "Mei and I are compatible, we're made for each other as a species, and we do it for pleasure. Did you think she has babies or lays eggs every time we breed?"

"Yes." Well, at least she was honest. "She always asks you to 'knock her up'. I assumed that was breeding."

"You're not far off, but she's done something to herself to make it so she can't get 'knocked up'. She can't have babies," he explained to her. He felt a wave of sadness wash over him.

"Unfortunate."

It was a little more detailed than that, but he decided to not explain that Mei could become fertile fairly easily. The wonders of modern medicine. "Mmm." He nodded slightly at her. "But we do that, we pretend to 'breed' because it feels good."

"I want to feel good too."

"I know. Maybe we can find another of your kind for you to mate with." He felt, knew, that the response wasn't satisfactory, so he gave her an apologetic smile.

"What if we were compatible? What if I were more attractive to you?" She asked curiously.

"Err, I don't really get aroused thinking of fish, I'll be honest," he admitted to her. "But I suppose so?" He watched her begin to glow a dark blue color without warning. "Can you forgive me?"

"Yes." And she left it at that, diving underneath the water and disappearing into one of the many tubes that made up her little playground.. He waited there a few minutes longer to see if she'd return, but when she did, he closed and sealed the tank, making his way back down into the platform proper. He had a lot to write down in his research notes for sure, so he did that all the way up until Mei and Kim returned from their 'exciting' muckraking expedition. Quietly, he considered talking to them about what had happened but then, realizing that they'd never believe him, he kept it to himself for the time being.

Over the next few months, he was beginning to regret that decision. Mysteriously, at least to Mei and Kim, Nixie was beginning to change. Her form was becoming less like a bulky lanternfish and more like a dolphin; longer, sleeker. Her sharp teeth, normally present at all times, would now retract and disappear, only to reappear when it was time to eat. This behavior stumped his colleagues, but he was certain he knew exactly what was happening. Even then, he remained quiet about it, feigning surprise at these major changes.

One night several weeks later, Rylan had gone to bed early. Compared to the old research platform, this larger one had three small rooms for each of the three researchers there, granting them some tiny form of privacy, and most importantly, actual beds. Twin sized, just barely enough room to roll over once before falling off of either side, but large enough and less cramped than the old bunks set into the platform's walls. Each room had tubes of water running through them for Nixie to explore, just like every other room, and he could see that she was resting above his. The only light coming from her was a dull pulsating glow from the lantern that remained regardless of her newer, sleeker form.

Without warning, he heard a rapping at his door. He knew that Mei was already dead asleep, the kind of person who would sleep through an earthquake (or hurricane, much more common in Keanos), so he knew it had to be Kim. He tapped a button on his tablet, unlocking the door so she could open it herself. "Come in." Not that there was much room for her to stand comfortably, but the invitation was there. He assumed she was going to make her displeasure with him audible, as she often did, especially when Mei was asleep.

To his surprise, the moment the door opened, she wasn't berating him about something. Instead, she stood there clad in lingerie, a seductive look on her face. His eyebrows rose slightly in interest and surprise in equal measure. The uniform they regularly wore - the kind that doubled as a wetsuit - didn't leave a ton to the imagination. Mei was a far more modest beauty, so there wasn't a lot to show off, even with it being nearly skintight. Kim's uniform fit to her body pretty much perfectly, so he knew exactly what to expect if he ever saw her naked, or at least, in less. Like now.

The lingerie was simple but effective, a black bra that was lacey, and he was certain he could see hardened nipples and light areola beneath it if he squinted his eyes. Her panties were also black, lacey, and just as sheer, but her modesty there was at least somewhat more reserved, especially in shadow. A garter belt clipped firmly to stockings that went all the way up to her thighs. She was ready to seduce someone.

"Uhhh. Did you forget which door was Mei's?" Rylan asked, an eyebrow cocked at her, relaxed but a little on edge at Kim's arrival and her wearing lingerie.

She shook her head and didn't say anything, slowly stepping into his room and closing the door behind her. Again, there was little room for her to stand, so she slowly lowered herself over the bed and slid up against him, reaching her hands up to take hold of his own. She brought them up to her breasts, adjusting herself to straddle his legs. He dragged fingertips along them, enjoying the feel of soft skin when sheer lace wasn't between them. Her own hands lowered slowly down her body, sensually gliding palms along her own skin, to his, before rubbing slowly against his hardening cock through his boxers. As one might guess, he was winding down and only had those on, intending to sleep once he was done, so accessing him was simple.

She slipped her fingers through the opening to his boxers, fishing his hardening cock out and stroking her fingers slowly along it, somewhat clumsily, in a way that he'd have attributed to a lifelong lesbian like Kim. It was clear that she wasn't used to the sensation and the action, but was a quick learner, as expected. She became more thorough and confident the longer she did it for. She soon leaned down, grip lowering to the base of his cock to hold him steady, and then took him into her mouth. He let out a groan of pleasure, reaching hands up to run through her thick, luscious blonde hair.

For the time, he allowed her to do as she wanted, closing his eyes and just savoring the feel. He hadn't had any private time with Mei in what felt like months, and he wasn't going to last long, extremely sensitive. She wasn't quite as good with blowjobs as Mei was, but she seemed to pick up the idea incredibly quickly. To say the least, she was an expert with her tongue, and she learned that the underside of the glans was the sensitive part and that it didn't need to be treated like a clit, that it required a different approach.

"Oh, fuck, Kim, you're gonna make me cum.." He warned her with a groan, and she doubled her efforts, her tongue circling him one last time before focusing purely on the underside. It was clear she didn't want him to hold back, because she went at him with an enthusiasm that he wasn't used to even from Mei. He gripped her hair firmly and thrust up into her mouth, releasing rope after rope of thick, hot seed directly into her throat. She gagged almost immediately, having zero experience handling it, and when she recovered, she tried her best to suckle and swallow what came after, less, and easier to handle.

The rest of it dribbled down his length and pooled at his crotch, and he watched as she noticed, eyes darting up to meet his own, then back down to use her tongue to lick it all up. The low hum of pleasure showed that the taste of him and his seed was something she enjoyed. When she had him mostly cleaned up, she again lowered her mouth around his cock and began to suck firmly at him to ensure she got every drop, motivated to do so solely by seeing the bit of cum crowning the tip.

While she did so, his body shivered and eyes opened, his cock still sensitive having cum barely thirty seconds earlier. The first thing he saw while Kim was busy practically swallowing his cock was the silhouette of Nixie in the tube above him. At first, his brain was too foggy to do much more than realize, oh, she was watching. Not the first time, she'd watched every single time he'd fucked or did anything with Mei since she'd first arrived in the tank. Then he realized that her lure was pulsating light, slowly dying to nearly out, then rising to just slightly brighter than the dimmed lighting in his room.

"Nixie." He said loudly and firmly, like a dad scolding their daughter. "Are you doing this?"

The moment she heard her name called she jolted, but tried her best not to look guilty. A low purple glow, however, gave away that she was feigning sleep, or innocence. He wasn't sure which.

"Nixie, you can't control people against their will, that's not right."

"It's not fair." He heard her speak in his mind, but it was different. Instead of imitating the voices of the women she knew, she had seemingly created her own feminine voice that had nothing to do with them, a new leap in her individuality. "I want to feel good. This is all I can do to feel good." Her concentration had broken, it seemed, because Kim soon looked up and saw she had Rylan's cock in her mouth, eyes widening. He watched her lift her head up off of him, lick her lips, a bit of his cum still on it, dribbling down her own chin, and she slowly sat up.

"What the hell am I doing here? What the hell did I do?" Kim whispered, her gaze turning back down to Rylan's hard, saliva-slick cock. She soon had a mortified look on her face, but then it glazed over as Nixie regained control of her. She looked more like she was asleep with her eyes open at this point. Her head drooped forward lightly.

"Nixie, you have to send her back to her room, get her dressed in whatever she wears to bed, and put her back to sleep," Rylan spoke to her sternly, with a hint of fear in his voice. He knew, for sure, that if this got back to the Institute that he would be fired for sure. Who would believe him?

Suddenly, Kim sprang back to her seductive nature, sliding her body up his to grind her panty-clad pussy slowly against his still hard cock. He let out a groan and reached out to grab her hips, but before he could get a firm grip on her, she grabbed his own wrists and pinned him down. She had a level of strength that shocked him, that he knew she probably wouldn't have normally. Nixie had to be controlling that too. She was getting much better at what she was doing, and very quickly.