Project Hyper Ch. 01

Story Info
AN eventful start for Project Hyper.
5.4k words
4.39
11k
10

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/19/2023
Created 11/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kristanna
Kristanna
459 Followers

Crixus Base

The year was 2833; another freezing-cold morning dawned upon building four at the base Crixus in the planet Copernico-321. Sirens still soared across the entire facility as squad leaders shouted cadets off of their beds for the surprise combat drill. The cadets stationed at the Crixus base were at the last stage of their training before finally being sent into battle. Hardened by years of harsh conditioning to become part of the Galactic army.

However, Crixus base had a unique roster of cadets, a rather unorthodox approach against the Galactic Alliance's protocols: all cadets in Crixus were female. As mandated by the Biological Research department, the most promising female soldiers in all training facilities in Copernico-321 were all sent to Crixus at the age of fourteen and trained together for the past five years.

The reasons for Crixus's unique roster were unknown to most stationed there. Such matters were decided by people many ranks above them. As most military organizations, the Galactic army followed a one-way chain of command; questioning superior officers was a rare event.

Despite having just turned nineteen, all Galactic army soldiers had gone through much more than any average citizen, some would say even the average soldier. Throughout their childhood, from ages six and above, cadets had their growth accelerated and biology severely altered. They took stimulants that increased their strength and stamina, making even the weakest of them capable of performing beyond the level of most elite athletes. Additionally, their training put them through experiences that forced their mental development and resilience to the limit. As such, a nineteen-year-old soldier had the body and mind of someone much older, at least when it came to the practical realities of war and life in the army.

Despite being true machines of specialized survival and combat training, these were still cadets, far from done with their training. They would still grow and develop for another decade at least, some for their entire lives. These super-soldiers had their bodies and minds molded for one goal alone: to fight the Galactic war against the Scorpions.

The Valiance squad leader, a woman of Slovak descent, named Adela Turečkova, shouted at her team. Her accent with hard "Rs" as well as a lack of articles left no doubt as to her upbringing, making her voice stand out, "Faster! If this were battlefield, you would have Scorpions breaking through door already! Summers, get that weapon ready! Jones, your container is not strapped right; fix it! You look like little children!"

Adela Turečkova stood at 1,75m tall. She had light green eyes that turned honey-colored depending on the light. Her straight hair was a mix of golden blonde and light brown, reaching the middle of her back in length. A thin streak of pale-white hair had recently appeared among her golden locks, a side effect after her latest stimulant injections. It ran through the entire length of her hair, starting at the roots slightly to the right side of her skull. She usually wore her hair with a very tight braid so she could easily roll it up and get it out of the way for combat and helmet use.

The squad leader had risen to this post only recently in the last year, having dramatically increased all of her performance scores. Her strategy and intellectual scores had always been above average, showing great balance in her personality and a potential for leadership. However, after receiving the special stimulants and latest Cyberwares provided to all soldiers at Crixus a year ago, Adela had been able to integrate them better than anyone. Not only her combat performance rose to match the best among them, but she also became more quick-witted and acquired vastly better reflexes, a hyper-response that had surprised even the most seasoned bio-engineers of Copernico-321.

The first soldier who responded to Adela's commands was cadet Rama, short for her Indian original name, Jyiaty Ramasubramanyan. The training was a big competition, and none of Adela's peers were happy that they were losing to her recent exceptional performance. But among them, Rama was the one who struggled the most to accept the loss. The short-haired, chocolate-skin woman was the former Valiance squad leader and a known overachiever. She firmly believed that the second place was just the first loser, so having lost her leadership position to Adela was a hard pill to swallow. Hence why she tried harder than any other cadet in the Valiance squad.

Despite being the former leader, Rama was still the squad's biggest soldier, standing at 1,80m in height. Her chocolate-colored skin and pitch black, short hair helped emphasize her muscles and made her even more intimidating. While Adela was more agile and quick-witted, Rama usually resorted to brute force and athleticism to achieve results.

Regardless of the fierce competition, teamwork was the norm. All of the soldiers had the squad's best interest in mind and were careful not to let their disputes harm the team's performance. Any soldier that failed to recognize the importance of that lesson hadn't made it to Crixus. Pride and excessive individualism is what got soldiers killed in the real battlefield. Above all, they were being trained to defeat the real enemy: the alien race known as "Scorpions".

When they arrived at this academy about six months ago, the fourteen cadets that now form the Valiance squad had no idea they would be together, let alone that they would turn out to be the best squad among all in Crixus. Under Adela's leadership, they had grown into a tight unit and good friends.

Delayed by their slow, still sleepy brains, it took a few more seconds for all members to catch up to Rama, getting up and putting their suits on. Their helmets, weapons, containers, and all necessary equipment were ready for action as they stood in formation. The Valiance squad marched in unison to the courtyard. They were the first to arrive, followed closely by many others. In less than three minutes, all twenty squads stationed in Crixus were in proper formation, an entire legion of female cadets reporting for duty at the central courtyard.

All cadets heard the sound of a vehicle approaching. It headed to the center squad, shutting off its engine in front of all the soldiers. General Myers stepped out of the vehicle tidy as ever, dressed in his full uniform and with all his medals on display. The middle-aged, muscular man looked more less like a human and more like a white-haired, beardless android, staring at the cadets with a cold, undecipherable expression. Myers was the top-ranked officer at the Crixus base, responsible for the training and performance of every single cadet stationed here. He remained unphased, responding with a slight nod as the legion of cadets saluted him with respect in a coordinated move. With his arms clasped to each other behind his back, the general slowly paced around.

Seconds of uncomfortable silence went by before they heard his voice, "All rest," he commanded confidently. The saluting arms came down in unison, positioned by the soldier's hips, "You still have five months before your final evaluation. Most soldiers who are deployed to face the Scorpions die in the battlefield before serving for that long. A lot could happen in five months." The man stared at the cadets, reading their expression as he intimidated them, and continued.

"If you make it until then one of two fates will be yours. Either you return home in complete failure, or you receive the honor of being a part of the great Galactic army! The final phases of your training will include learning how to fight inside our most advanced C.E.M suits. As you have already gotten through that thick skull of yours, C.E.M. stands for "Combat Efficiency Multiplier."

There was utter silence at the courtyard; they could even hear the general's breathing between each sentence, "The emphasis is the word "Multiplier." These suits will merely multiply your natural strength, agility and stamina. But if you are a piece of useless space-junk and your efficiency is zero, then the suits will do you no good! Do not be fooled. A real warrior does not rely on their armor to fight the war for them! You are the weapon! As such, there is no room for failure in this facility! If garbage goes in the suit, garbage comes out! Most likely dead and deprived of all honor! Are you garbage, cadets?"

A chorus of female voices roared through the courtyard as the entire body of cadets replied a resounding "No, sir!"

The general shouted back at them, "Then go out there and prove it!"

Before Adela turned to order her squad, the general approached and placed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her, "Not you, squad leader Turečkova. Your squad will not be joining today's combat exercise. Have them stay here and wait for further commands." Rama and the others looked in confusion for a moment, but acknowledged the order.

"Sir, yes, sir! Valiance, hold your positions!" Adela commanded.

The Valiance squad obeyed, yet they couldn't help but remain puzzled. Why were they disqualified from the evaluation? Had they done something wrong to warrant this? Thoughts ran through their heads as they watched all other squads methodically leave the base into the cold plains of Copernico-321.

The sound of marching squads grew increasingly distant, slowly overshadowed by the closer sound of another car engine. A second vehicle approached, much smaller and more modern than the general's, coming from within the base. As the doors opened, the cadets witnessed an entourage of people on lab coats and business suits walking out. None of them wore the familiar military uniforms they had come to expect. Leading the scientists was a woman with a stern, serious expression, akin to that of General Myers. Yet her ice-blue eyes seemed to glow with something more, an aura of intelligence, mystery and ambition hardly present in the military personnel from Crixus.

Approaching the squad, the scientist took her time to closely observe each team member. She had a soft smile on her lips, and her shoulder-length black hair shook slightly with every step of her high heels. While she examined the cadets with her gaze, General Myers spoke once more, this time without shouting as he addressed a single group of cadets, "Valiance squad, you were not allowed to participate in today's combat exercise because this academy has granted you a greater honor! A chance to serve the Galactic Alliance that you've earned through your exceptional performance. Before you is our most distinguished Bio-Engineer, Doctor Jennifer Wallace; she is part of the Biological Research department, the head of the body enhancement and cyberware team here in Copernico-321. She will explain the full reach of her project. Listen carefully to what she has to say, for it will not be repeated!"

The woman stood beside the general, nodding to him in a thanking gesture. She was visibly put off by the excessively authoritarian tone of the General but politely dismissed it. She then turned to the squad and spoke with a much softer, yet still commanding, voice, "Thank you for the introduction, General. And good morning, cadets. You've been selected for participation in something called Project Hyper. Over the years, I have developed through research and experimentation a sequence of treatments and cyberware enhancements that encompass all fields of medical science. I am talking about gene and hormone therapy, extensive surgery for tissue replacement, nano-technological augmentations, and many other methods. Our goal has always been to create the perfect soldier. An Elite fighter, capable of facing a Scorpion in one-on-one combat."

Some of the cadets gasped in surprise, some shook their heads in disbelief at the last statement. One-on-one? That had to be an exaggeration! The average Scorpion soldier had at least three times more offensive power than the best Galactic army soldier to ever live. Any tactical expert worth their salt knew this.

Nevertheless, doctor Wallace seemed to be unaffected by the gasps and reactions coming from the cadets, or the skeptical gaze from General Myers as she continued, "We have selected you because you are by far the best soldiers in the academy. But the reality of this situation is such that, even for strong individuals such as yourselves, the processes will be challenging. I cannot guarantee all of you will survive the harsh treatment and training required to acclimate yourself to the changes that are planned in this Project. But as soldiers of the Galactic army, I am confident that you have trained all your lives to make life and death decisions on the battlefield. I urge you to consider this one of them."

The woman gave a small pause in her speech, allowing the information to sink in before she continued, "By the authority of my position in the Biotech research department, I can promise you that my team will succeed. And when we do, the best among you will be part of the most elite group of soldiers in the entire Alliance army. You will navigate unknown waters and open doors to all of your fellow soldiers in this war. In time, Project Hyper will give birth to a new era in the Galactic war, giving us a real chance to finally eradicate the Scorpions from the galaxy once and for all. Today you have earned the opportunity to make history, to truly test your commitment to the survival of the human race. I know all of you understand that there is no greater honor!"

Doctor Wallace seemed to know all too well how to tap into young cadets' minds, to press the buttons that had been trained into them from childhood. They had been primed to prove themselves, conditioned to give their lives in battle without a second thought. She continued, "However, for ethical and legal reasons, we cannot order you into joining this program. It is something you have to consent to individually. If you choose to decline this opportunity we will simply move on to the next best cadet, and the next best squad. Rest assured that our goal will be reached, with or without your contributions. It would be preferable, however, to have the Valiance squad in this program, as we need the best soldiers we can have. Soldiers with your tenacity and strength will maximize our chances for successful results. I believe this team to be uniquely compatible with Project Hyper. So please, consider this carefully and know that, before anything, I have the triumph of the human race over the Scorpions as my main priority. Our goals are one and the same; both me and my team would be thrilled if you allowed us to help you achieve it."

The doctor nodded to General Myers, signaling she had finished talking. He stepped closer to the squad and took over from her, "You will now return to your sleeping quarters. At your bunkers, you will find a pad containing the contract with the terms of consent you will have to sign so you can participate in Project Hyper. Read it carefully, discuss it among yourselves as needed. Should you refuse the terms, there are also resignation forms that you all can then sign and bring to me. I expect a decision in three hours. Dismissed."

With a salute, cadet Turečkova began to march the team back to their quarters. All soldiers promptly moved to their bunkers and picked up the pads with the contract. For several minutes they all read the terms in their identical agreements. Until the silence was finally broken by the impatient tech specialist Jacqueline Fernandes, "This contract reads like a bunch of lawyer bullshit! There is nothing about what they will do to us here! Can anyone make any sense of this crap? Do I have to say no and end my army career early to go work for some tech company? Someone help me out here!" Her accent, as well as hot blood, showed her Hispanic roots.

Fernandes could only be described as "thick." She wasn't as fit as the other cadets, but the ratio of her waist compared to her hips was almost unreal. She had an hourglass figure to die for and a perfectly heart-shaped ass. Her breasts were mere B cups but sat perfectly perky on her torso. Jacqueline had honey-colored eyes and juicy lips; her dark-brown hair was curly and long, generally tied on a ponytail.

At a neighboring bunker, the North American medic, Kara Anderson, replied. Her voice was as sweet and soothing as it had always been, "You are a computer specialist, Fernandes. Not a medical doctor or a cyberware expert. If they had included all the specifics of what this project will do to us in this contract, would you even be able to understand it?"

Anderson was a field medic, but she could have been a model if she wanted to. All cadets had a robust genetic make-up and were very attractive to most standards, but Anderson was simply stunning on an objective level. Her body was perfectly symmetrical, a combination of the right curves, fitness level, and proportions. Her long, light-brown hair flowed down to the middle of her back. Anderson didn't just have a perfect body, her facial features were equally heavenly. Piercing blue eyes and gorgeous lips as well as a delicate nose made it look as though she had been created as the perfect woman in a computer simulation.

"Don't fool yourself, Anderson. Just because you're a field medic it doesn't mean you understand more than me, puta!" Jacqueline replied with contempt.

Anderson just laughed it off, "I'd understand more than you, that's for sure! But in the end, I think it doesn't matter. This contract gives us no guarantees of survival anyway, just as the doctor said outside. Everything important about the research seems to be classified..."

Rama interrupted as she read from the pad, "Communication about this program with anyone outside of Crixus is strictly forbidden. In case we die, we will be reported as killed in combat. Sounds like black ops if you ask me."

"I've already signed it," Adela stated bluntly, right before lying on her bed and closing her eyes.

Rama looked at her in surprise, then back at the contract with a shrug as she placed her thumb on the pad, hearing the familiar beeping sound of approval, "If you're going, then I'm going."

A deep voice with a strong German accent came from the back of the Valiance dormitory as the sniper Tina Zimmer spoke, "Did you read ze part that says ve von't have normal retirement? I don't like zat." Surprise sprung across the entire dormitory. Not because of her words, but because Zimmer NEVER spoke. People barely even knew her voice! All cadets were surprised she knew how to speak.

As they got over the initial shock, they mostly followed the sniper's advice and began to scroll through their contracts, searching for the section to which Zimmer was referring. Kara Anderson nodded as she read the clause specified, "She's right, it says here, in layman's terms, that even if all goes well with the program and we serve multiple tours in the army, when we are eventually released from military service we may have an "unusual retirement experience". Whatever that means. I guess life isn't easy when you have a bunch of classified army cyberware in your body."

Fernandes shrugged, "Who cares? I never planned to retire anyway. I wanna die with my boot at the throat of a Scorpion!"

Adela spoke, "I've read that section. We will still have regular payment and support from the military, but we need to understand that it would be hard for them to integrate us back into society after going through this process. The procedure is supposed to cause "severe anatomic alterations." I don't mind, I am ready to become a Scorpion-killing machine".

Fernandes let out a sigh, then pressed her thumb on the pad, signing it. Anderson followed, then Zimmer. Approval clicks echoed through the dormitory as every other soldier pressed their thumbs on their pads. The glory of being at the forefront of the army's advancement and the prospect of facing a Scorpion toe-to-toe, seemed to overshadow all the risks.

Kristanna
Kristanna
459 Followers
12