All Comments on 'Prologue to a Problem - Vignette 01'

by KitDeLuca164

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 month ago

A cautionary tale for complacent men. Very well written, as usual.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 1 month ago

People make their own choices, no one forces a person to cheat on their partner. Its a choice they make. This wife chose to cheat. The boss is definitely an arsehole going after a married woman, but I guess it happens a lot. In real life cheating hurts every one.

skruff101skruff101about 1 month ago

At least the husband found out…eventually, one can only hope the inevitable divorce occurred shortly after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What's wrong with women these days? Stories like this explain the number of older, alone, divorced women.

A decent guy, not any guy, but a decent one, is like a dog: treat him right and you'll grow old together.

Don't and you'll likely be seeing him with his younger, hotter second wife.

Sorry if he's second rate in the bedroom. like most women are probably second rate in the kitchen, etc.

It evens out. Get over it or get used to the idea of being alone at a time of life when no one wants to be.

Long after you've forgotten that you ever had a sex drive.

FEW men want to marry a cheater dumped by her former husband.

But there are LOTS of single women out there willing to help your hubby forget about you.

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

For me the essential theme of LW stories (the none pervert ones) is that the wife always gets caught and the husband takes revenge in ever increasing ways. The build up to the husband finding out and the lengths he goes to are the exciting bit and then the resolution is what garners praise or abuse.

You wrote this i feel to air a troubled mind but it didnt carry any of the essentials. Might have been intriguing as a preamble but the last paragraph scotched that possibility.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 month ago

The first two installments of this series were very good, and this one is also. I do wonder about the part that suggests that Richard did not care enough to make sure that his wife was satisfied, but Jeremy did. That seems incongruous with Richard being a good husband and person. Richard may not have been able to do so, but that is different than being unconcerned or lacking interest.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 month ago

I just noted that the story has a relatively low rating. Author will hopefully recognize that ratings have less to do with the quality of the writing, as opposed to the LW universe downgrading any story where the cheating wife is not burned at the stake. Although authors publish for an audience, there are different audiences in LW. Keep writing well.

Slick742Slick742about 1 month ago

WTF? So the husband is cucked the whole first part. I'll wait until the next part to judge it.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

The last paragraph is both a great way to end a story and disappointing way to end (because the reader wants details)

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 month ago

So pleased that you will share vignettes around the characters that appeared in your Prologue to a Problem pieces because you do not hesitate to tackle/create women (and men) wrestling with challenging, sometimes personally painful scenarios that are real, that happen to us. And you tackle so well — your writing so creative. This vignette no exception. You refer to deeply flawed women characters — I guess you mean by that women whose choices/actions create uncomfortable, even traumatic circumstances with consequences for others in their life. Flawed is simply an adjective that masks real internal/external trauma/drama worth exploring because they happen. Yes, readers can moralize/condemn sometimes bordering on rants, but not sure they actually appreciate the exploration you provide. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 month ago

There is obviously something to the whole Forcefull Dominant Man who just seems to "Take" the woman he wants. It is the central theme of all the bodice-ripping romance novels that some women find so appealing. Karen allowed herself the opportunity to live out that fantasy and found it addictive. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if she had shared that fantasy with her spouse long before Jeremy "Took" her. Maybe she'd still be happily married to someone who could be everything she wanted him to be. It takes two to allow a marriage to become routine, just as it takes two to prevent it from becoming boring. Nicely told, KDL.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 month ago

What did the husband do? Does he own a gun? A tire iron works just as well, just a little messier. But his boss would know he was being punished before succumbing to the beating.

itsayouitsayouabout 1 month ago

I agree with anon. What’s wrong with women. He is right about other single woman grabbing onto a man. I know almost every guy who I know that has been divorced ends up married to another woman. They are out there waiting for a dumb woman to make a mistake Men will fuck anything that’s got a pussy even if they have to put a bag over her head. Just another piece of ass. Most woman are to stupid to realize it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So, was listing yourself as a female author supposed to mean something? What a dismal life you must lead to imagine this pile of crap. Enough so that you wrote a story about what you would do. And let's face facts, the devious acts all begin with a thought. The question remains, when will you cheat on your husband? 2*

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 month ago

I enjoyed it, but would’ve liked the denouement to have been the getting caught, not the reference to the frog in the pot.

Lyon796Lyon796about 1 month ago

This story was expertly written. It captures the emotions and inner conflicts of a woman who has convinced herself that she loves her husband but readily betrays him. I was somewhat conflicted in that the story used the explanation that she had only been with one man, her husband, until her affair and that she had been the 'cute but shy' girl who never had men showing interest in her. These two factors are ubiquitious on this site for explaining a woman’s powerlessness against her seducer. I can only wonder how true it is in real life. You are one of my favorite authors, thanks again for a gread story. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Women like Karen have no redeeming features. To give in to your base feelings overriding your vows of fidelity highlights the barren character that is the modern person. That women buy into the belief that they can have their cake and eat it after how many eons of condemning men for that exact behaviour?

To share that secret of intimacy with a lover while the one you have pledged yourself to is blissfully ignorant reeks of narcissism and self loathing. Only an extremely flawed person would allow that to continue beyond the initial encounter. 10 months? There’s no coming back from that and all future relationships should be made aware of this flaw.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The typical junkie always looking for the next high regardless of how many lives including their own they destroy. Such people are to be avoided at all costs and ultimately find themselves lonely wallowing in the self pity of their long forgotten arousals.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 1 month ago

Another really good story that is equally sad.

Erotic? Yes. Realistic? Hell yes. Depressing? Yes. And yet so, so good.

I know people will happily blame the wife, and yes, she has a lions share because of her choices; but marriage is a 2-way street that takes both people, working together, to make work.

She loved Richard; but he was background noise. He didn’t bring life to the marriage but a steady, constant hum and she wanted to feel alive, which is where her lover comes in.

It ended as it should, with pain and sadness and trauma for their kids; but hopefully they can both move on.

Escape_WithinEscape_Withinabout 1 month ago

Well done and thought provoking. I had a reread of past submissions. I agree with bacchant2 about themes and tropes. Perhaps this is an emotional purge as well. After all we write best what we know. I can relate to the situation or turning point. My hands wandered between my wife and a close friend of hers (whom I was having an emotional affair) within two hours of being with each. So I understand the conflict. It was also the end of the emotional affair as my wife confronted her friend the next day. I couldn't lie. That is my rabbit hole. That is the guilt from which I read these stories. A precaution to never let myself get that close again. Garysmith69 is right as well it is a matter of choices. There is the law of unintended consequences but deep down we know what path we have chosen and where it will go. A_Bierce is also correct. A precautionary tale for men who want a stable secure and predictable life. My wife, the other potential woman and three others sat in my home and complained that life was not exciting. I was the only male present. My view was men have to pay for sex. They disagreed stating that even a homemade card was something. I rebutted that I had to pay for the paper and marker (stickers out kids had). That is why in the stories the men are always better looking and richer. Or can transform themselves with resources the struggling husband can not. In stories like this the "decent, hard working guy" doesn't have a chance because the "faithful wife" wants the "bad boy" because she wants excitement. This is fiction but in my life it is also an element of truth. Husbands need to work on a relationship and if they falter and fall into the "happy wife; happy life" mentality they are foreshadowing an unpleasant future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Without looking first, and halfway through reading the story, I knew it had to be written by a woman. There is almost no way a man could describe the emotions and physical reactions described in the story if written by a man. Well written, and thank you for the story and the education.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Spoiler: he'll take her back, as the story is from female author

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

So she thinks she loves her husband while cheating on him with his boss? What a fucking joke. Too bad you didn’t continue the story until her husband caught the cheating cunt with her lover. But then, that’s not what you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What does that mean? “The wife slowly cooked herself”. I like stories with conclusions and not left up to the reader’s imagination. It’s your storytelling.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 1 month ago

I stumbled across this story today and I kind of liked it for what it was, because it did show some internal conflict with the character, which I thought was interesting... at least superficially. There wasn't enough context here I think to draw out anything more than just a hint of complexity. But it was fine.

<>

Anyway, then I decided to look at your profile and I went, "OH YEAH I KNOW THIS AUTHOR" - because I have read some of your other stories and I remembered that you seem to have a gear stuck where all of your female characters are basically sociopaths. The February Sucks continuation still stands out in my mind as one of the weirdest things I have ever read - you took one of the worst characters in LW history (Linda) and somehow managed to make her not just worse, but like 10x worse. It's funny, because all you had to do basically was just give her a sociopaths disregard for empathy and sense of entitlement and it was soooooo much worse than her normal delusional (I think probably she's struggling with cognitive dissonance in the original) demeanor.

<>

All I can say is - lady, I think you got some issues to work out here lol. I mean, that's not a personal dig at you, but as a writer you're totally stagnating. Every story is basically the same (which I guess, when you write in a "genre" is a danger, but you're a bit more myopic than that). Sociopathic female brutally emasculates male, then just fucks off into the sunset. It's like if you flipped it on it's head and ever story was about some guy beating his wife to death and then fucking off with the nextdoor neighbor. It's not just repulsive, it's oddly specific.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Who the fuck cares about Karen ? It’s just another dumb cunt like that slut Ann.

Yo tales are bland and repetitive

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A celebration of raw promiscuous animalistic sexual nirvana; the pinnacle of an out of body and mind orgasmic explosion. Probably like the rush and thrill when an addict injects some unbelievably potent drug straight into their vein. AWESOME!

\

And eventually, sooner or later, relentless and unavoidable, the consequences come due, and are paid. And Paid. And maybe for years, despite every effort, rehab, counseling, and resolution, Are Paid. Its probably like the car loan that is still being paid long after the bright shiny thrilling ride is sitting on concrete blocks, rusting away in the driveway. Kind of like Ann's and Karen's lives.

\

But, but, they are getting So Well Fucked! Hey, that's got to be worth something, right? Ask that sixty year old whore on the hunt, with the nicotine stained fingers, the bleached teeth, the cellulite thighs embarrassingly exposed by the short dress that rolls out at the waist line where her stomach is trying to find more room, and the braless tits that are closer to her waist than her shoulders. Ask her if the fading memory of the frequent and excellent sex from years ago is worth the price she's paying today, paid yesterday, and will pay tomorrow. Ask her if it is worth the memories of her embarrassed adult children when they bumped into her while she was prowling in a bar, or when she brought her current boy toy to a family gathering, which boy toy immediately started hitting on the younger women there and let her know that if she wanted any dick that night she'd better just shut up and get drunk, as usual. The adult children who send cards, usually, and Nothing else.

\

Yeah, women who become enthralled by sex and romance to the point of abandoning their marriages, their commitments, their virtue and self respect. Who are now caricatures of the whore and slut. Yeah, ask them if its worth the price. An absurd proposition, that truly, only a man would think is believable. Women, real women, know better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice job on this addition to the little universe you've started. Karen should have known that conducting the affair in her own house was a poor plan to begin with and even more foolish after having been nearly caught . Maybe Jeremy really did fuck her brains out. 5 stars.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 month ago

Me thinks that Karen is a slut/whore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Many authors have repeatedly harangued about the steady, tart and intrusive taste or smell of someone else's male sperm from the mouth or from the panties of an unfaithful wife. This is complete nonsense! Even if such feelings do take place, they are not so noticeable and not so long-lasting that the husband could suspect something was wrong, say, two minutes after she swallows the load of her lover (of course, unless the cheater, intentionally and defiantly, decides to kiss her hubby with a mouth full of someone else's ejaculate).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Richard must destroy Jeremy

FHIIFHIIabout 1 month ago

Interesting story with an interesting background. I've been reading Literotica for about 2 years and this is the first time I've commented. It's going to be interesting where you take this world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Your "February Sucks" was so bad I gave it ONE Star. It was a good story compared to this revolting litany of pus. Can we give a negative score? Simply horrible.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 month ago

Oh why did u end it on the best part of this utterly cuck story. The burned out at the end would have been a redemption of this almost trash story. You write well @KitDeLuca164. You have abviously a natural skill to weave a story BUT your subject matter SUCKS always championing wife cheaters. That is the only thing that kèeps me from following your stories. I love good writers unfortunately I hate cuck stories. No, I didnt finish reading page 1 just went right to the last few paragraphs at the end. 2 star.

oldtwitoldtwit27 days ago

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, so simple but so well put down.

mfj77mfj7725 days ago

Another excellent composition. I believe the author FINALLY gave us a fully fleshed out, conflicted female character. Disappointing to see many of the commenters fail to understand that this author's works are character studies not glorification of cheating wives. In fact, conflicts and divorce and other consequences are often noted (although perhaps not explored as thoroughly as desired by some . . . )

/

And this is NOT a cuck story. The husband is unaware and divorces Karen in the end. There is no acceptance of the dalliance. To rate a story without even reading and understanding it is pretty foolish.

/

Have to wonder if TrainerOfBimbos is a trained psychologist or just thinks he is. And he is completely overwhelmed with his first impression of this author. He even disregards his own revelation in the beginning of his comment that this story does have some of the complexity one hopes from a story. Too bad he fails to pull his own head out of his a**.

/

Good story. Shows the growth of this author.

hloverhlover23 days ago

I'm sorry that some people comment with such crass cricistim and vulgarity.

I find your stories incredibly hot. They are so grounded in reality. The characters are so real. There are so many women in the world who present themselves to the world one way, and it's incredibly sexy to think about their hidden sides and thoughts. You do that better than anyone else I can think of. Thank you for continuing to explore these themes and ideas.

OGHMNWOGHMNW22 days ago

This is so well written and very full of Emotions, Guilt, Sex and Excitement. Karen was getting the attention that Richard failed to provide. Jeremy had awoken her to an Excited Sexual Feminine Energy that she didn’t know she had. The affair and attention drove her to improve herself and love the spontaneous nature of Jeremy. The addiction within the affair lead to the likely death of her marriage to Richard the man she loved but he was comfort & secure and not the excitement she discovered. Thank You and hoping for more of your stories. XO

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostra21 days ago

Mercy! What a writer! Mere superlatives do not do it justice. I wonder if OP is a professional writer or perhaps a psychologist. Please keep writing. 5/5+++++

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

You are perhaps the best writer on this site at getting between the ears of a woman. Too often, the men who create female characters on this site defer to the one-dimensional, packaged, freeze-dried woman with an I.Q. of fifty and the libido of fifty tomcats. These mannequins are animated, placed in ridiculous scenarios and spout idiotic lines which have never been uttered in real life or in credible fiction. Your writing here, which you correctly call a vignette, is well-written, cerebral, emotional, very realistic, and flows flawlessly. 5/5!!!

-TJY

goodwabgoodwab18 days ago

Great story. Keep exploring these themes.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

It's good you told your husband your a skank but I'm sure he already knew considering your kids all have different fathers

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKitDeLuca164@KitDeLuca164
Married, mother of 2 grown children. Live in USA, Midwest. Was motivated to write after reading GeorgeAnderson’s February Sucks. Was conflicted by the premise of the story and wanted to explore my own thoughts on why an apparently happily married wife would cheat.