All Comments on 'Promise'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 143 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
3 Stars

What man would agree to that .. I would have called off the wedding and found myself a good Lady .. I would have also told a few people why I called off the wedding .. I am not a Cluck nor do I plan to ever be One ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This one drives me mad

Don't know why I read it again and again. First off he has no guy friends to talk to that would smack some sense into him wedding day? None of my friends would let me do that and of course they would know what is going on. Anne is awesome telling him what is taking place and is smart enough to tell him to hold off the wedding. Then, years later she pulls this crap? How can he be certain she won't cheat? Her religious upbringing doesn't stop her from wanting to commit adultery so why would cheating be any different?

So forgive her, sure, as he made the mess with the promise but stay with her? Not on your life.

helix247helix247over 3 years ago

Storytelling perfection!

I don't know whether there is an established descriptive term for them, but I'm a big fan of stories like this one that skip the hackneyed how-I-discovered-her-cheating scenarios and go straight to the poignant dilemma at the heart of all good LW stories: how can the love between two people survive when one of them wants to have sex with someone else?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1 star, when either person still want to sleep around the night before the wedding that is a total deal breaker. End it and lose the money paid for the wedding instead of losing everything later.

Ending is trash not because he forgave her but because of how she instantly changed her mind when leaving for her date and the two of them jumped right into bed like nothing happened.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. glad she didn't do it. she would have killed her marriage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story well crafted and enjoyable. Kept the tension going right to the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Let's see, now. She's religious, which at least implies that she believes in God. She goes to church religiously and insisted on a church wedding. On the day before the wedding she extracts a promise from her fiancée. On the next day she takes solemn vows before her God that directly contradict the one her husband made. Now, 20 yeas later, she states: "...our whole marriage was built on that promise" (referring to the one her husband made). Later on she says it again.

Nope. Doesn't wash. No nitpicking here, though. This is the basic premise of the entire story and it doesn't wash.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For this frequently done type of story this was good. But how many men in reality ever promised a fiancee that they could have a "hall pass?" And how many women in the real world ever actually tried to take their husband of many years up on an undoubtedly drunken "promise" to overlook a one time affair at some future time? These sorts of stories and their sisters, the "honey I am going to fuck another guy but its not cheating because I just told you"stories, strike me as completely unlikely to ever have happened in real life. For virtually all men these would be deal breakers because they are so blatantly cold blooded cheating. A drunken night out with the girl's resulting in going too far with some guy might barely be forgivable, but not this calculated infidelity. Still, this is a well written story of its type so i gave it 4**** for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your story was based on love. It was well done. Not sure it was reality, but it sure filled the saying: "If you love something, set it free. If it's yours, it will return. If it doesn't return, it was never yours." 5*

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

He promised a free pass but he never promised ther would not be consequences or negative repercussions. She was already treading dangerous water with even the consideration. Average score.

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Second read after around seven years. This was a good end to the story as it was Dave's strongest argument; even though he never explicitly voiced it. "I loved yo enough to make you that promise. Do you love me enough to not exercise it?"

Many authors have taken this scenario and had the wife have her fling. The honest ones wrote of the slow demise of the marriage. Both are good. I prefer this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’ve read most of this author’s works and liked most. 5 stars. Agree with ErotFan and Drgwng. As to the reality of offering a hall pass before marriage or after I’d only agree if it was totally reciprocal. What’s good (or bad) for the goose is just as good (for bad) for the gander and for all the same reasons. He could have brought up why she wouldn’t tolerate his getting a hall pass, like hers. One reason is he’d several be sure wasn’t comparing him to Dave or her fuckbuddy. Cock size? Better lover. Rocked her world. That’s the reason she wouldn’t want him with another woman. Was she better lover? Better blow jobs? Tighter pussy? Would he be think of her when he was fucking her. Wishing it was the other woman?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The MC was really fool . He should have broken up with her when she decided not to go through with the marriage just because she couldnt have fun that her girlfriends were having. But she never gave a thought about the fun she could have with the one she loved and going to marry . This shows how much she loved the MC. What's the gaurantee that she will not want to do it in the future. ..I can clearly imagine the conversation going like .

' I wanted to do it but I didn't go through with it. But now I am sure that I am to do it . So I hope you keep your promise' .

There will be never be a happy ending for this couple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five stars.....cos I like a Happy ending .....

uhm... that was happy ending , wasn't it ???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One might think this is a happy ending but, by God, why not portray a man who acts like a man? there are so many stories that talk about situations like these and in almost all of them the man turns out to be grotesque, I mean, a pushover who doesn't even know how to tie his shoelaces. and the worst thing is that he accepts it without putting up a fight!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bloody wizzo, mate! Five pointy ones!

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story, even if the husband was portrayed as a ham fisted lunkhead largely incapable of articulation. He did manage one deft maneuver, expressing the difference between forgiving and continuing to love. All in all 4 out of 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cilla needed to pay for the torment she caused her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know it is fiction BUT how can the wife be so stupid to think regardless of his promise that if she did fuck someone he would take her back Their marriage would never be the same or last very long NO FKN way stupid bitch

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

This may well be the best story of this genre on the site!

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
ha

then after hubby went to work, she had Dave come over and fuck her in their marital bed more than once for several years. She thought about it for years! She will do it behind his back now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice variation on the hall pass story. Surprised not reciprocal. Ignoring that his logic was impeccable and quite devious. She had to realize that despite his promise of forgiveness because he lived her so much to allow her thr hall pass, he likely will not love her enough afterwards to stay married (personally I would.alwqys opt for the divorce vs the slow death of the marriage). It is good she realized how she had hurt her husband. It isn't thr fear if consequences so much as realizes she would hurt him enough to cause him to lose his love for her. That worked and is meaningful. Look she developed and obsession and thought she had a pass to act on it. But she misconstrued the real consequences of her stepping out. Heck she was not even going to go all the way tonight yo see if she could.be comfortable with going through with it. Finally she woke up. They still need counseling, otherwise trust will still be hard to restore, though time will help. I don't think she will cheat on him. She was adamant about not doing it and would only consider it if he broke his promise. He didn't. But she had the epiphany that she was being "an inconsiderate bitch" and was doing harm to her husband and her marriage for an obsessive on time fling. Think of the paradox: her husband loves her enough to allow her thr one time fantasy fling and forgive her (formally) but NOT enough to stay married to her afterwards. So what does that make her? She had her "Saul on the road to Damascus" moment. And she stopped and begged forgiveness for even putting him through this ordeal. But yeah they need counseling. If anything to reinforce her epiphany but more so for him to rebuild trust in a healthy fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That she had him make that promise and keep it indicates that marriage wasn't a good match from the get go. He should have walked away from such a bitch and found a loyal woman. Kids or no kids. One cannot imagine not wondering about her future fidelity with every girls night out or some such. Not a way to live! A classic Cunt- as in a stupid or unpleasant person. The husband's character was a fool to stay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would write a sequel about the marital counseling, and may a shrink for the wife's messed up head. 'I was about to step out, but decided to come home and fuck you instead.' Even with her realization and counseling, I would imagine this marriage was walking on eggshells over mistrust every time she works late, does a 'girls' night out' or anything similar. Either the husband is the biggest trusting chump ever, who will forgive her anything, or his mistrust will be phenomenal for years after. Who would want to remain in such a marriage? A sequel of years following would be interesting to explore, like the author Ohio does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story!

GoattimeGoattimeabout 1 year ago

And the mug believed her in the end that she had given up the idea of cheating on him. She waits a month and does it multiple times behind his back. She probably already did but wanted him to be a knowing cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’ve seen some comments that allege the wife is cheating on MC already or will do so in the future.

I don’t think so. It’s pretty clear that she is a moral person, and logically, correct. He made her a promise, though a promise he hoped never to have to keep. I think she was tempted and stepped away.

Ever given up nicotine? It’s hard. Very very hard. But sometimes you do get to the brink of shaking and all you can think about is just one more. And then you don’t and it abates. I think this is happening here. She was curious. Very curious. Too curious. But she did not go out for the metaphorical cigarette.

On the other hand, MC also promised forgiveness, but as explored, he did not promise his marriage or love. He promised to forgive her and any other connotations on such a promise are merely in her head. So, if she did it, he could say that he forgives her for hurting him and still divorce her.

The story works logically and emotionally. Plus, as any late 30s/early 40s person can attest, it’s a very hard time. There’s a reason why depression is particularly pronounced at this age.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

fuck her and him

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

I also like a happy ending, enough to give this 5 stars. Great story.

TLHianhinTLHianhin9 months ago

I want an alternate ending. I was soo looking forward to her fucking multiple partners.

BeamerDownUnderBeamerDownUnder8 months ago

Regardless of the women-haters out there I think this story is excellent and has a great ending. I know I'm probably nit-picking here, but please recognise the difference between "eat" and "ate": "eat" is present tense and "ate" is past tense.

I've said it before in previous comments, but your spelling and grammar errors can really spoil a good story. Apart from that another good story, keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

she put him through hell and her behavior at the dance in the beginning was horrible!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story. Only issue I had was in the beginning when I was try to figure out whether he was British or a backwoods southern hick. As for relating to the story, there were several factors I caught that would have caused different results for me personally. The first is I would have never made that promise. Say i did though....Second, the promise was for a one off, not one affair. So when she brought it up as such, my inclination would be divorce. At least my head would start down that rabbit hole. Third, she said their marriage was based on that promise. If that's the case, might as well end it divorce. Marriage is based on love and trust, amongst other things, not a promise of permission for infidelity. That probably would have solidified my resolve for divorce. Then I'd have her served as she was leaving for her date.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wouldn't stay with her after all that crap.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"I wouldn't want it to be the first time." - "First time?" Does she expect to do this more than once? The "promise" was for ONE time!

\

"literally buried my head in the sand" = He didn't LITERALLY bury his head in the sand.

\

"I simply need to know what another man is like while I'm still young enough and attractive enough." - Why? What's the upside? It's no better or worse, she's fucked up their marriage for nothing. It's better, now what? Go back to the "lesser" sex and spend the rest of your life pining for the better sex?

\

"With that religious background she had" - What does her religious background say about adultery?

fila4ufila4u3 months ago

Britease you do a wonderful job of building tension in your stories!! This was definitely tension for the poor bastard left wondering whether he is just boring and doesn't turn her on enough anymore. complete suffering when he knows she is attractive and could get laid in a few minutes any day of week if she wanted to.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done. Was a bit surprised it wondered off the one time narrative. But suppose if she thought he was serious about her taking her time to get it out of her system with a full affair that runs its course, then she was sadly mistaken and he would divirce her straight out. Tough story. Well written. 5 atars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good grief! The WHOLE 4 pages is wife looking for the right way to proceed. And men wonder WHY women think we're SO gullible and stupid! Wife understands the problem, but still wants her cake and to be able to eat it too, "just sex" she says, yet she'd divorce MC if he did the same. Sooooo the whole "I'm staying at Anne's" is a TOTAL ruse, the perfect way for her to her to get laid while pathetic clueless MC thinks she's staying at her friend's place. Notice MC never talks with wife, just Anne, so how do we know she is even there? As Anne said, wife has been discussing the situation at length with her. Wife has NO problem doing this because as Anne points out, she believes MC's taking back his "promise" (albeit it 10 years on) is justification enough for anything she does at this point. So wife gets her jollies, hubby thinks she's had a change of heart and all's well that ends well. The talk the next day is just to see if wife can be honest. Seeing she can't, she makes up the whole little "I couldn't go through with it" act just to keep her marriage intact.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Demanding a Hall Pass on the eve of the wedding was brilliant but dastardly, like handing the soon to be spouse a prenup as the band plays "Here Comes the Bride." His mistake was agreeing to it. He should have said, "OK, we'll break up and you can go get laid as much as you want and I will do the same until I find someone who is SURE about marrying me. Have a nice life." He deserves whatever she does.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Science says men's testosterone and male fertility are noticeably decreasing. NO EFFING KIDDING!

Her behavior at the dance BY ITSELF was grounds for a divorce.

Would she have accepted that behavior from him with some woman?

Not just no but HELL NO.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

This must be the worse and most badly written story ive seen on this site

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous