Promise Made, Vow Broken Alternate End

Story Info
wife takes hall pass, husband objects, unusual ending.
6.2k words
3.62
71.7k
61
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
gopher25
gopher25
36 Followers

Preface:

This story is an alternative ending for the story "A Promise Made, A Vow Broken" by Hooked1957, with his kind permission. You should read his story first in order to fully understand this one.

In the original story Bobby and Traci Sprague are married, with two children. Bobby works full time as a programmer for a government agency, and Traci works 30 hours a week at at upscale art gallery. Bobby thought they were madly in love. Jackson Aloysius Fairchild is a real estate magnate and patron of the art gallery where Traci works. He is a big, handsome man, and he takes a fancy to Traci. After buttering her up for a few months, he invites both Bobby and Traci to a weekend party at his lake-side estate, along with three other couples, including Traci's boss Lou and his wife. Bobby had met Jackson a few times at art gallery events, and did not like him, but he agreed to go to the party to keep the peace. Jackson spent most of Saturday staying too close to Traci for Bobby's comfort, and after dinner Traci quietly asked Bobby to join her in the kitchen. My alternative ending to the story starts there.

This is my first submission to Literotica. I welcome all constructive comments.

Story:

Her request gave me a very uneasy feeling, so I told her I badly needed to use the bathroom, and I would be right back to talk to her. When I returned, I had my phone in my shirt pocket, with the camera lens peeking above the edge of the pocket, and recording turned on. She looked me in the eye and said "Jackson invited me to sleep with him tonight, and I agreed to do that."

I was gobsmacked. I asked her to repeat what she just said. She repeated it, saw my look of disbelief and said "Look, this is just sex. It has nothing to do with the love you and I have for each other. I have always been your faithful wife, and I will continue to be after tonight. I just want something different, some new excitement, for one night. You owe me this, and I will make it up to you for the rest of our lives."

All I could think to say was "Hell, no, I don't owe you this! You can't do this!"

She came back with "Bobby, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. It's going to happen, and you just need to go along with it. It's only one night. After tonight I will be your loving wife for the rest of our lives."

"Traci, I beg you not to do this. It will devastate me. It will be the end of our marriage. After all these years are you going to throw our marriage away and put our kids through a divorce for a one night fuckfest?"

"Look Bobby, if you really love me, you will agree to let me do this. I know if I were to do this behind your back, you would have every right to go ballistic. Since I am telling you about it, it isn't cheating. I'm sure you will be OK with it after the initial shock wears off. As for our marriage, I guess it is up to you. I definitely want to stay married to you, and if you were to divorce me, I would get the kids and turn them against you. I would also ruin you financially. I can't believe you would do that."

"I will never agree to this. What makes you think I will come around after the initial shock wears off."

"Jackson assures me you will, since you love me so much."

I was totally shell-shocked. This was a side of Traci I didn't know existed, and I sure as hell didn't like it. Jackson must have really brain-washed her well.

She left the kitchen and walked hand in hand with Jackson to his master bedroom. I was crushed.

The other three couples had stopped in the hall while this was going on. It was clear that they knew what had happened. "It's okay, Bobby, this has happened before," Marna, the wife of Traci's boss, Lou, said sympathetically. "Jackson's done this a number of times in the past. He knows he's an influential, rich, handsome guy, and he's very successful at seducing the women he wants. That's just who he is. Other than that, he's a really nice guy."

"He also enjoys humiliating the husbands, just like he did you tonight, and the women fall under his spell and go along with it," Lou added. "It's nothing personal. He just gets off on it."

"Have the other couples he's done this to remained married?" I inquired.

"Well, some did and some didn't. Some husbands were willing to accept a one-night stand, if for no reason other than for the sake of their kids. Others couldn't deal with the flagrant flaunting of their marriage vows and the consequent loss of trust, and they demanded a divorce. They usually lost their shirts and their children."

"Does he usually go after married women with children, to make the husbands more reluctant to get a divorce?" I asked.

"Yeah, he seems to." chimed in Ralph, Joanne's husband. "He also likes the humiliation factor."

I walked over to the master bedroom door, which was slightly ajar, and heard them starting to have sex.

I couldn't stand to listen to this, so I told the others I was leaving, went to our room, packed my stuff, grabbed Traci's phone and house keys from her purse, and went out to the car. I sat there devastated for a while and then made a plan.

I drove out of the driveway and parked a short distance up the street, Then I got out and walked back to the house. I found the front door unlocked, and the other couples had all gone to bed. I went to the master bedroom, and found that door unlocked and slightly ajar. Asshole clearly wanted everyone to hear what was going on. I quietly slipped into the little alcove inside the door, edged the top of my phone past the wall of the alcove, and started recording them having sex. Lamps were lit on both sides of the bed, so the video was very clear. After a short time she had a screaming orgasm, and that triggered him to come inside her. He rolled off of her, and they sat up against the headboard to recover, giving my camera a clear view of their faces.

I drove home and immediately started composing an email/text message. I attached the video clip of Traci and Jackson having sex, and the video clip of Traci telling me what she was going to do, whether I liked it or not, and what she would do to me if I divorced her. In the body of the message I stated that the first video clip showed what Traci and Jackson Aloysius Fairchild were doing Saturday night, and I stated that the second video clip showed what Traci had told me she planned to do, and why I just needed to go along with it.

In my mind the wording was intended to foil any defamation law suits. The videos might not be admissible in court as such, but any derogatory information only appeared in the video clips, and if the video clips were entered into evidence in any legal proceeding, they would prove that the derogatory information was all true. I knew I might still be liable for invasion of privacy, but Traci's statements were made within sight and earshot of six other people, and the door to Asshole's bedroom was ajar, so the claims of privacy might not stand up. Moreover, neither the Slut nor the Asshole was likely to want the videos to be played in open court. If worse came to worse, I would be willing to take a hit not to appear as a willing cuckold.

The message went on to say that I didn't see how anyone who loved me could hurt me and humiliate me and disrespect me the way she did, and moreover I had lost all trust in her. Given that, I could not stay married to her.

I said I would try to make the divorce as amicable as possible, to minimize the negative impact on our children. I would petition that we split all our assets 50-50, that I pay enough alimony to her to make our net incomes equal, and that we get joint custody of our children, with them spending an equal amount of time with each of us. In this way there would be no child support in either direction.

I believed my chance of getting joint custody and equal access was very good, given her threat to turn our children against me.

About 8:00 AM in the morning (Sunday) I sent off a copy of the message to our relatives and to nearly everyone in our home computer contact list, my phone contact list, and her phone contact list. I also sent a copy to the gossip editor of the local paper and several of the local radio and TV stations. These copies to the media did not include my wife's name, and they included a request that she be identified only as an employee of the Art Gallery. I sent a copy of the message to Traci as well, and in that message I told her I had sent the messages to our relatives, friends and co-workers.

I then locked up my house, unplugged the house phone, turned off my cell phone and Traci's cell phone, set up a video recorder that could record anything happening in the foyer at the front of my house, leaned a baseball bat against a wall in the foyer, and lay down to catch a nap.

At 9:00 AM Sunday morning the other three couples were in the middle of breakfast at Jackson's place when Traci's boss, Lou, got a call from Dr. Henry Maynard, the chairman of the board of the Art Gallery. He told Lou he had just gotten a call from the gossip editor at the local newspaper asking him to comment on an email he had received from a Mr. Robert Sprague about Jackson Aloysius Fairchild having sex all night Saturday with Sprague's wife, a female employee of the Art Gallery. Maynard was blindsided, and he told the caller that he would look into it and call back later with a comment.

Maynard had met Bobby at a couple of Christmas parties and thought pretty highly of him. Maynard's question for Lou was "Did this really happen, and how?" Lou told him that they were at a weekend party at Jackson's place, and Jackson spent all day Saturday seducing Traci, then walked her to his bedroom in the evening, right in front of her husband's eyes. Within a few minutes the three couples at the party could hear the two of them having sex. All Maynard could say was "Shit, this is a fucking disaster [pardon the pun]. This could destroy the Art Gallery. Many of our benefactors are very socially conservative, and they will likely cut off their donations when they hear of this. Many of our best employees are women, and their husbands may well make them quit to keep them away from Jackson. God dammit, why didn't you stop it?"

Lou said "You know how intimidating Jackson is. How could I stop it?"

"You could have reminded both of them of the morals clause that Traci signed when she was hired, and that Jackson signed when he was appointed to the Board."

"Hell, Henry, Jackson has done this a number of times before, and there has never been a problem."

"What!! He's done it before? Who knows about this?"

"Probably nearly everyone on the Art Gallery staff. He bragged about it. It's pretty common knowledge."

"Jesus H. Christ! Nobody ever tells me anything. How did I hire such a bunch of stupid goddam idiots? Look, we need some serious damage control here. Tracy is fired, for disobeying the morals clause. You are fired, for not enforcing it. Jackson is off the Board and is banned from the Gallery for life, for being a sexual predator. There will be a company-wide seminar on the morals clause this week. I'll tell the reporter that I unfortunately confirmed the email message with six eyewitnesses. Then I'll start calling our benefactors" After that tirade Maynard slammed down the phone.

As soon as the call was over, the couples could hear Traci and Jackson going at it for a morning fuck.

They decided it was best to just wait until the two of them came out to the dining room.

When Jackson and Traci came out around 10:00 AM, looking very happy and well-fucked, Traci asked where Bobby was, and Lou said "He went home last night, right after you two went to Jackson's room. He couldn't stand to listen."

Jackson immediately said "Fuck, I wanted to humiliate the cuckold some more this morning." Traci looked uncomfortable, but didn't say anything.

Lou said "Look, forget that, we have a serious problem here." Then he recounted the phone call with Dr. Maynard, and he described the text message from Bobby the couples had all received, and had all looked at by then.

Jackson immediately erupted: "That BASTARD! That little shit is trying to fucking disgrace me! I'll destroy his sorry ass! I've taken his wife from him, and now I'll take every damn thing else that little shithead owns! I can't fucking believe that bastard's nerve. Doesn't he know how powerful I am in this town?"

Traci just looked stricken, and dashed to the bedroom to pick up her things and head home to try to make things right with Bobby. However, as soon as she poked her head out the front door, she realized Bobby had taken the car. She came back inside and asked if someone would give her a ride home. Jackson said "Sure, I'll take you home. I want to have some words with the little shithead anyway."

A little before noon I was woken up by a ringing doorbell and banging on my front door. I got up, peeked out the peephole in the door, and saw Traci and an enraged Jackson standing there. I turned on the video recorder, came back to the door, and said "Traci, send Jackson away, and I will let you in." Jackson shouted back "I'm not going anywhere, you fucking miserable little shithead. Open this door, or I'll break it down and beat the fucking bejesus out of you."

I immediately called 911, and after explaining that a madman was threatening to break down my door and beat me up, I went back to the door, leaving the 911 call open, and shouted "Jackson, you can't come in, and I have a video camera running in here. Please leave." (This warning made the recording admissible evidence in any future legal proceedings.)

Jackson promptly responded "You bastard, Fuck you and your fucking video camera. I'm gonna break down this fucking door, pound you into smithereens, and then pound your fucking camera into smithereens." At that point he started slamming his shoulder against the door.

I knew the door would not take much of this, so I backed away and hoped the police would appear soon. Before long the wood in the door jamb around the lock began to splinter, and then the door burst open. Traci ran in first and ran over toward me with her arms out, but I held both hands out in front of me to block her and said "Stop right there! I don't want you to touch me!"

She hesitated, startled and upset, and then Jackson came up behind her, violently shoved her off to the side so she slammed against the foyer wall, and used his extra 4" in height and extra 40 pounds to shove me against the wall, put his hands around my neck, and start choking me, while screaming "No fucking shithead sullies my reputation; I'm gonna fucking kill you!"

I brought my knee up hard between Jackson's legs, and shoved him back. He was momentarily stunned, but his rage quickly overcame his pain and he came at me again, screaming that I was a dead man. By this time I had grabbed the baseball bat,so I feinted a swing at Jackson's head to draw his hands up, then slammed the bat into Jackson's left kneecap like I was swinging for the fences. Jackson went down, and I held him at bay with the baseball bat until the police arrived a minute or so later.

This was all recorded by the 911 operator as well as by my video camera, so Jackson's claim that I had attacked him was quickly dismissed.

In the end, Jackson was convicted of breaking and entering, assaulting Traci, and assaulting me with intent to kill. He was sentenced to 6 years in prison, primarily for the intent to kill.

After the police took Jackson away, Traci and I sat down to talk.

I started off with "Was it worth it?"

She got a starry look in her eyes and said "It was heavenly, the best sex I've ever had. He is well hung and an incredibly skillful lover."

That wasn't what I needed. I think I expected her to be contrite and apologetic, and to tell me that the sex was OK, but she missed the connection she felt when making love with me. Alas, it was clear that was not the case.

At that point I was so angry I couldn't see straight. I gave Traci her phone and keys back, and said I needed to leave to cool off. We could talk more later.

I went to my favorite bar and had a few beers, getting consoled by the bar maid and a few old friends. Four hours later I had cooled down enough to go back home.

In the meantime, Traci read my message and watched the videos, and she read the dozens of other text messages on her phone. The full enormity of what she had done began to hit home.

Her mother had written to say "Traci, I still love you and always will, but I am totally bewildered by how you could do this to the best husband and father I have ever met, even better than your own father. I hope it doesn't end up in a divorce, but at this point your chances don't look good. If you do end up without a home, you are always welcome to stay with us, but things might be a little uncomfortable for a while. Your dad is alternating between fury and disbelief. Unfortunately, the video clips make it hard to disbelieve for long."

Her father, a man of few words, simply wrote "I am deeply, deeply disappointed. I thought we had raised you far better than this."

Her younger sister wrote "Holy shit, Sis, you have really done it this time. What in hell were you thinking? I have been looking for years for a man as loving and thoughtful and faithful as Bobby, and I haven't yet found one who comes close to measuring up. Now you just threw him to the curb. I hope you stay together, but if not I hope he will get over you soon, and maybe I'll have a chance with him -- if you haven't soured him on our whole family."

Her best friend among their neighbors wrote "I was very surprised to see what you did. I always thought you two had the ideal marriage. There must be more to the story than what Bobby wrote. What did that bastard do to you to trigger such vicious revenge?" "Oh God, ouch," Traci thought. "vicious revenge? She must have viewed only the video showing the sex, and not the video showing our conversation. What will she think of me when she finds he didn't do anything bad to me?"

Bobby's older brother wrote: "I have always been envious of Bobby for having a wife like you. Now that I have seen a side of you that neither of us knew existed, I'm not envious any more."

Another neighbor, a very attractive divorcee about Traci's and Bobby's age, asked "How long will it be before you two are divorced? I have been hot for Bobby for years, but I realized I never had a chance with a faithful guy like him as long as you two were married. Now that you have tossed him aside, I want to be the first to toss my hat into the ring, to beat the rush."

Her closest friend Susan at the Art Gallery wrote "Wow! Have you ever created a hornet's nest. Dr. Maynard has been frantically calling our major donors all morning explaining that what you two did is totally out of sync with the values of the Gallery, and telling them that you have been fired and Jackson has been dropped from the Board and banned from the Gallery for life. He also called up the ex-husbands of the divorced women whom Jackson has taken advantage of in the past and offered them modest compensation, in the hope that they won't get emboldened by the current scandal and sue us for big bucks. Our female employees have been frantically assuring their husbands or boyfriends that no matter how rich and handsome and charming Jackson is, they would never do what you did. Many of the partners are still very suspicious, given how easily you fell for Jackson's sweet talk. I'm going to miss you, but these women now hate you for jeopardizing their relationships. Keep in touch."

Her mother-in-law wrote: "Traci, you know we have always loved you like our own daughter, but we are appalled by what you have done to our son. We hope you don't go ahead with your plan to turn your children against him, and consequently against us, their grandparents. We would be crushed by that."

gopher25
gopher25
36 Followers
12