All Comments on 'Promises Pt. 01'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 10 years ago
Wow. This some story...

I commend you for your research......well done. I have several friends who attend this type of church and you described them to a t. All they care about is money...for them, while promising wealth and success for its tithing members. Can't wait for the next chapter.

thilltellthilltellalmost 10 years ago
WHEW...

Long chapter, now I'm behind on work.

Recently I was required to attend a wedding in the Appalachian foothills of Kentucky. It was officiated by a minister ordained by the "Universal Church", a new one to me. Turns out their main requirement is the ability to fill out a web form. So I may soon be Pastor Tell, got my fingers crossed.

I also am looking forward to the next chapters and anticipate the comments may be as entertaining as the story.

wolfestonewolfestonealmost 10 years ago
Nice Job

You destroyed the semi literate pastor..brutal, but probably necessary. Archaeologists credit the Sumerians with over 300 pictographs depicting their existence and although extremely ambiguous tell a tale that you could really sink your teeth into. You are one of the most interesting authors on site and I've enjoyed most of your offerings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
3*s

Nice story.

I think it's been done before, now I wait for the movie! Ha Ha ...

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
duh duh

2 star

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
GREED AND INHERITANCE

where is Darrow when he is needed, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I read for entertainment

and I mostly read the stories without sex. I was happy to begin this one because I like your writing style and it is labeled non erotic. However, on this story the arguments of the Plaintiff and his attorney are more Biblically perverted than the defendants. Jesus did claim to be God and many verses reinforce that belief. You took the Old Testament , where believers were under the law and tried to apply the New Testament under Grace to those actions.

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:7 (KJV)

I and my Father are one

John 10:30 (KJV)

The arguments used were so wrong as I could not suspend my disbelief. I cannot read any more and I don't remember not finishing any story as bad as some have been. The sad thing about this is that you could have used real theology to win this fictional case. Instead of using scriptures that don't exist or are misrepresented. In that sense the Fred and his attorney were worse than the Church leadership.

Better luck next time.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Couldn't finish it so I won't rate it but yeah lot of that introduction is clearly right though this is a strange place to read about that. Start of it sounds like Lakewood Church in Houston which is near neither a lake nor the woods. Pastor grins all the time reminding me of the Joker from Batman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Promises Series Info