All Comments on 'Promises Pt. 04'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
wolfestonewolfestonealmost 10 years ago
Nice expose'

Terrific job. As a recovering Catholic, I've been a religionist for years. I'm not a writer

but I have delved into religions from the Assemblies to the Zion Lutheran. My theory has evolved to this...protestants are protesting Catholicism but even then the criticism is superficial.

Catholicism rose from the murderous association of the manipulative Jewish cult and the roman empire. The "gospel" disclosed to the followers of Jesus of Nazareth were barely understandable to them and two generations down the line they were disclosed as the Word of God.

Thanx for a great read.

You'll find these extremely interesting..they support your theosophical view, but take the manipulation back much further.

Max Stirner: The Ego and his Own

John M. Allegro: THE SACRED MUSHROOM AND THE CROSS

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 10 years ago
A very well written and delivered story...

You have done the world a great service with your story. I was able to get my Pentecostal friend to read some of your first two chapters. He took notes and left my home to "research" some of these "questionable" verses and chapters with "his" bible.

He spent two days studying and according to him, he finds himself and his wife in emotional and spiritual turmoil. He plans to take his concerns up with his church teachers. Don't know what his final conclusion will be but I want to thank you for all that you have done.

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Reformist?

This is a highly technical, aggressive and methodical argument. You must have the biggest balls of anyone on the website. The religious will persecute this because of the anathema of your words against the Bible and the agnostic will hate you because of your obvious Love for your Creator.

Many of the positions you have taken in this story have plagued me through the years as well. Some, I never thought of at all.

Overall, though I am not prepared to call this 'gospel', I agree with your writing and have given you 5* on each of the four submissions. Great job of fleshing all this out, very thoughtful and insightful.

With admiration for your study and dedication to all this that you've written about, I offer my best regards.

-Pultoy

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
QUOTES AND PARABLES

will not bring closure to this story. Look at Kennedy"s, King and Hoffa, TK U MLJ LV NV

texcavemantexcavemanalmost 10 years ago
PAY TO PRAY

That is what I refer to the so called TelEvangelist plagueing the air waves of TV sets here in USA.

I have no legal training here in the States and definitely not in the wonderful land "down under" of Australia so please bare with me with my questions.

I guess I have seen too many tv trials but it just seemed to me Mayotte was attacked and badgered on the witness stand and the lawyer was allowed to make comments that took the long way around to get to the point he was proving. Why didn't Mayotte lawyer, and to a certain degree even the judge, object more often to the questioning?

I am NOT a supporter of Assembly of God or the Pentecostal sect but for the most part found the story informative but very repetitious. I am a practicing Christian but I do not believe naming my church affiliation would serve any purpose. I will say that my church has often told us the Bible is a learning tool (why Jesus spoke in parables)that was impacted by God and the Holy Spirit but never was meant to be used for a history lesson or to be taken literraly.

Why did "col sanders" murdered Mayotte wife and then run away? Also, did I miss why the police were able to pin him to the murder?

I believe the author was a very brave man taking the stand he did especially in this forum. The comments I have read so far have not been that inflamatory against him but then again, I rather doubt that many Pentecostal followers frequent Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Got enough speeches?

To ong winded in speeches, you must have just finished watching the movie run away jury!

blkhrtblkhrtalmost 10 years ago
well deserved 5*

I am proud to say, I am Hindu. But what hurts, is the fights in the name of relegion. And yes the same goes here too~ the semi-literate worshipper of gods. There are people who come forth to set an example of ideal person, by helping the poor and the others who are in the need, and destroying all the evil notions of contemporary society in the pretense of religion and legacy. It happened everywhere. Our place is no different. Whenever someone succeeds to establish the justice, we(hindu) call them Avataar or the reincarnation of god. People at first tried to follow his path, then corruptions come along. And destructs the real essence of truth. In the end, its all about Temple or religious institution as you call it. the basic of all religion is all the same- love and peace. People reject their religion when they become hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Overly long and self indulgent

It would have been a good story at half the pages. I read it to the end because I think that Cromagnonman is one of the best here but this one - like the Hilton bombing series - is just a bit too self indulgent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
3*s

Someone had a bad experience at church.

Painted in very large strokes. And a bit preachy, lol.

AMerryMan

wolfestonewolfestonealmost 10 years ago
anon

Yo Cro..your detractors have all been anon..a feather in your cap..you've gotten your point across..you have a dozen directions you could take a sequel. Your one of the best on site, but this should be run up the old flagpole and publicized. Some of the finest authors have been brutalized on site and of course moved or quit the business.

Literotica should amend it's policy and allow only registered patrons a comment..that would at least give a target by which to correct these chicken shits..apologies for mild profanity..They deserve worse..kudos to U and thanx again for your thoughtful insight.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
terrific story

Thanks for a very long, but well written story. I am a Christian and found your explanations quite plausable as delivered by the legal rep for the plaintiff. Seems that I remember some bad fallings from a great height in the USA pentecostal churches, but I haven't heard of anything of a similar scale in Australia.

I will now check out the rest of your stories!

Thanks again,

Nutty.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 4 years ago
A monumental accomplishment

The amount of research that had to go into this project is way past impressive, more like astounding! I congratulate you on your ability to stick with it and to pull it off with such even quality all the way through. A fantastic job!

Hans

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

To think that you wrote this back in 2014 & only now do I discover this bastion of reason. A truly enlightening read, leaving me with a deeper understanding of the hypocrisy surrounding us all.

Again thanks for a truly outstanding read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Promises Pt. 03 Previous Part
Promises Series Info

SIMILAR Stories