All Comments on 'Pros and Cons Ch. 01'

by Charles_Bovary

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An obvious setup

And even for a startup you'd think he'd have an attorney. But this was fairly entertaining. Don't wait too long to finish it. By the way. In California being married that short of a time, she wouldn't have gotten anywhere near what you said she did. And adultery means absolutely nothing in Divorce Court in California. Maybe some better research?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Well, that's not really how divorce works in California...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Unbelievable

This guy goes to the fiancé “brother” to ask whether he needs a pre nup. Idiot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stupid,

But , I am interested to see how you dig him out of the hole you put him in... and if he matures into a reall ball busting BTB guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Who got conned?

Let me see - Seth fell for it all. He was cash solvent, his company was just beginning to see big time, he fell into the game without checking them out and/or talking to his own attorney; his partners and his brother never had a clue and I saw it almost immediately..... who got conned - Seth or me and other readers? This tale started out on shaky legs, maybe the next two chapters can change that... but I have already guess the end; Lori and Robert go to jail; Seth gets his money back, the marriage is annulled and he regains his partner status...... bethcha

hansbwlhansbwlover 4 years ago
Predictable

This first chapter turned out to be very predictable, so what happens now is going to be interesting. You could say the writer made Seth a bit too stupid and Lori/Robert much too obvious. He could have made it less predictable in my opinion.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Adultery?

With no-fault divorce there was no need to set him up with Sirena. Even if they wanted him to feel guilty, he couldn't fight the divorce or the settlement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You made him too stupid for the plot to be believable, . . .

but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and wait to rate the finished story. Right now its between a 3 and a 4.

Other than that it reads like a boiler plate marriage scam on a newly successful business person. I imagine it happens to lottery winners as well. Hope you come up with some twist or other clever plot idea to make it original and compelling. Good luck with it.

And thanks for the effort, and for allowing anonymous comments. willupboss and similar cowards could learn something about gonads from you. But then cowardly men is their main character trait. Hope you allow Seth to regain his dignity, and maybe some of his stolen wealth?

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
Well so far good

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Entertaining story

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ugh

In “sad sack of shit loser world” all women are whores or thieves.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Nice.

Can't wait for part two.

Don't piss off guys in IT!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 4 years ago
Credulous Nerd Naif Pays the Price for Morning After aka Over His Head (& It Feels Not So Nice)

I like the mechanics of the actual plot. Despite the main character falling like a trout for every nefarious ploy of newbie wife and poser brother in law, I felt some sympathy because of variations ( usually less overt ) of this scam does indeed happen in real life.

Character(s) nuance definitely could be goosed up, but overall the author has put more work in this effort than average submission and I look forward to Act 2 and 3.

I thank the author for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well you portrayed Seth as a naive guy ,who got scammed.

The story started ok I got the felling that the brother wasn’t on the up and up. Why didn’t he consult his own brother. A prenup in California is a must in all cases. My daughter married a guy who had 650 k fed state and bank liens on him. Now she is a big wage earner and pays his 1 million dollar mortgage in La Jolla. That home can never be sold as the govts will own it. I can’t figure out why she still goes on with this. There are 2 kids also. The odds of him finding those two are astronomical. If he takes dna samples and has fingerprints he got a shot. Forget about going to court ,in this case justice can only be served with you doing the justice. I’d mess them up so bad they walk with a walker after I’d get thru with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

lets hope you write about seth catching lori and robert ad doing a good revenge on the both of them

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Not Really a Very Good Con

Should have waited until he REALLY hit it big!

VickieTernVickieTernover 4 years ago
He isn't stupid,

only naive, within his own world too trusting. But now that he knows better and other, and aware that he likes to invent games, I look forward to his next moves. Onward!

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 4 years ago
good

great start to what I hope is more, , they conned a ,,, shall we say naïve young chap, but this chaps got brains in there somewhere, , ok hes a bit unworldly but I can see him coming out a clear winner. . thanks for sharing

MaFreplerMaFreplerover 4 years ago
Not a good con.

Why have the redhead involved at all? They don't need to make Seth think he cheated on Lori. All they need is to get him to marry her without a pre-nup, and then wait a while to divorce him. The story would make more sense if there was a pre-nup with an adultery clause. then they would need to make it look like he violated that.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago
LW?

Where is the adventurous wife? Maybe Sirena is a married hooker? Sweetie and Bro((?) are clearly portrayed as cons, but is that sufficiently ‘loving’ to be in LW?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Pretty good

Got me interested quickly, and stayed good enough to keep me reading to the end. Not the best LW con I've ever read about, but enough to get me to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Husband was so fucking stupid

Frankly I am cheering for the fraud wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Start

Let's see how smart, regardless of naive, Seth is and can he find and get revenge on "Robert" and "Lori".

We will also see how good and creative a writer you are.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I don't believe it

Any man stupid enough to fall for all that wouldn't have enough brain power to be able to breath.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Moron

This guy was way to innocent to exist, seriously stupid.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Nerd stupid as others comments. But lack of experience gives him break

Learning experience and with continued

Better future

3 stars

PeckingChickenPeckingChickenover 3 years ago
Silliness

Thinking Netscape = Netflix is the first sign of inattention, at the very least. The plot unfolds with characters showing so much naivete and so much cobbled together story that doesn't really make sense just to try to force it forward that it becomes silly.

Some people dig this one because it's so kookie. Beats 'car in the driveway,' anyway. Doesn't make it good... or even workable.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

What a maroon!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is bullshit! Us nerds know that beautiful women don’t come on to us unless they want want something for free! Back in high school we would write their course assays for them. Then we would get the middle finger from them when we wanted to collect! We know all about weasels!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

Sorry but this is just too stupid to be believed.

.

Why would a computer geek who has no We'll experience with woman suddenly find a super hotv hit bombshell who wants to be with HIM???

.

This computer nerd loser geek is so Pathetically stupid inexperienced that 2 weeks after he meets LORIB..he proposes to her?....

.

AND SHE A SUPER HOT WOMEN SAID YES?

.

What a chump. At this point the story is so ridiculous and so pathetically awful but I'm actually cheering for Lori

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To: MarkT63

Dude,

if you're going to bag on someone's creation and characters,

it would probably make more sense if you knew "MAROON" is a brownish crimson color,

and 'MORON' is a foolish stupid person...'Smirks'

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anonymous,

If you are going to make fun of someone, be careful ‘ what a maroon’ is a bugs bunny saying that every maroon should know.

Harryin VAHarryin VA12 months ago

In all the time that they were married the computer geek never goes to her workplace to see what she does or who she works with?

.

Never meet his wife for lunch or after dinner from work?

Or this other guy robert?

.

The great thing about stupid people is that usually they end up dying or getting bankrupt

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Netscape? A FAANG company? Lol. Netflix, yes. Netscape, wrong century.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

@Harryin VA well dude, who a dope for reading this twice and still getting the shits about the story? Maybe read it in another 18 months and find a different angle to bitch about it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous