All Comments on 'Pros and Cons Ch. 02'

by Charles_Bovary

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well this story is gotten in another twilight zone

Another con of the con man set up by whom .seth?. Who would go thru all this trouble when it could have been handled easily once found. Story is now riducious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You don't need an editor, you need a logic and plot progression checker.

Just because its a short story doesn't require that the plot and the action lasts a short time as well. Everything progressed way too quickly to be believable, and for what purpose? And what's the point of trying to construct drama and suspense when the plot is as obvious as the black roots at the base of a woman's blonde hair?

Anyone with a brain has already seen that Sam and Emma have been setup and the entire joke is on them. I guess we are supposed to enjoy the thieves being robbed, but four pages of an obvious setup and romance charade was just tedious, and a bit insulting. Neither Sam nor Emma would be that easily fooled, and even less so your readers. You should never underestimate a professional criminal's intelligence. In fact they count on you thinking they're stupid to help deceive and defraud you.

So your next chapter will be the great reveal, with "Jet" and "Sarah" and the preacher recounting and celebrating their subterfuge. I suppose Sam will be arrested with the gun in his pocket, and Emma will be taking a bus to nowhere to escape the jail time she was threatened with? Whatever.

I appreciate the effort. Get someone to read your stuff for logic, consistency, and plausibility. Just because its fiction does not mean it can be unreal, unless its Fantasy or Science Fiction.

Good luck with future efforts and increasing skill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So the con artists have now been conned

It’s obvious that Stephen and Cassandra have been played and Preacher Rowe is Seth’s brother

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Interesting

A scam worthy of Angel Martin. Of course you have to be of a certain age and a late James Garner fan to understand the reference. Looking forward to the final chapter.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Confused I am.

I'm also disgusted by the murder. The con part of this story was nasty but adventurous and I was wondering how it tied to the first part.

I'll finish even though the murder left a shadow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WTF

That's 15 minutes of my time I won't get back. What a total piece of crap story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I hope it's not a spoiler - great story

Part one was captivating and I was wondering where the story was going.

Somewhere on page 2 of the second chapter I started hearing the piano melody of the movie 'the sting' with Paul Newman and Robert Redford.

Very curious to see who the good guys turn out to be (well, I do have my suspicions) ... The bad ones we know already.

Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Conning the con men

Like the movie "The Sting". But four pages of setup got old. I hope you end this tomorrow. This chapter wasn't as interesting as the first chapter.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 5 years ago
Hoping that the "murder" was fake

Sara and Jet got Robert and Lorelei to hand them a check for all the money they stole from Seth in Ch 1. Hopefully, they have just sent Lorelei off on some fools errand with Robert on her tail with murderous intent and the conclusion will reveal that Sara and Jet are actually working for Seth.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Sara?

If Sara was "conning the cons," why is it HER body, shouldn't it be Emma's?

Why can't Martin just go to his account and transfer the money to a new account?

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Keep going

I like the reverse con. Jet ain't real. Sarah ain't dead, and Emma isn't gone. Good story so far, please keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It's Time

to find out who wins and who loses. Any bets on the wheel, red or black? Me, I'll bet on the house. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
This is getting interesting

Interesting story so far, wonder what's going to happen.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
OK figured most out except Sara is who? Figure jet is brother and preacher?

Good story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like this story. Fun and exciting.

I did spot one logical error. The setup for the original con is in error. The story poses the marriage and thus the divorce were both legal. That is false in the real world. A fraud was perpetrated since the female con used an assumed identity and married under that name for purposes of defrauding the mark of money. If she married under her real name, then the marriage and divorce would have been legal. I'm choosing to believe that what the author asserts is true, and that in the author's universe the marriage and subsequent divorce were legal.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous