PUNKS Ch. 10: The Young Guns

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah," Joe said quietly. "just talking to you does it for me. I love your voice."

"I have the same feelings here. Our conversations arouse me. I get off on the teasing and remembering good times. So, tell me about Jasmine, and make it hot for me. I'll get off, trust me."

"Okay," Joe said firmly. "ask me a question."

"How did you meet?"

"I met her at a gig we play in Santa Monica, The Wilshire Club, almost five years ago. Chico and I had that rockabilly project band, The Eldorados. We played that club and there was a large crew of black women who hung out there"

"Jasmine's back?"

"Yes, black and beautiful."

'Do you have a thing for black ladies?"

"I have a thing for all ladies. I do not discriminate."

"Okay. I believe that."

"Black folks don't necessarily dig rockabilly," Joe explained, "but it is dance music, so the ladies were kinda okay with us. We added songs to our set specifically for them, rearranged versions of disco and R&B."

Tina laughed, "You play disco? You hate fucking disco!"

"I'm not a fan, but if you play it harder and louder with a punk attitude, I can do it."

"Okay, I get it. That's always been your thing, make every song punk. Your version of You're So Vain is so great. It makes everyone in the bar smile. What disco songs did you play?"

"The first time we played Love Rollercoaster, the Black Pack went wild. We did Brick House, Play That Funky Music, Superfreak, and Get Up The Funk. It was fun music to play because the girls would come up front and dance. We let them come on stage and be our backup singers."

"That's a stage trick from your Young Punk days."

"We did the dance contests too."

"Those were fun." Tina chuckled. "I'm so happy to hear that you still do the old stunts."

"Only in nightclubs. That's how we stand out, the show, not just the music. The black chicks only saw The Eldorados at their home bar. We had three bars at the time. When that project ran its course, PJ and David joined us and we formed City of Angels. The Black Pack came to all our nightclub shows in LA. They'd show up at The Surfside, the dive I tended bar at when I first landed in Venice, and take over the joint. The Surfside is a beach bar with blue-collar locals, surfers and skaters, and beach bunnies. I don't think I ever saw a black person there before that City of Angels played there. We didn't even have a band name yet."

"Is LA self-segregated like that?" Tina asked.

"Not more than any other city, but you know how neighborhood bars are. You either belong there, or you don't. Anyway, that first gig for us was crazy. They loved us and the surfer and skater crew were into us too. That's kinda when I felt we were really good; black and white people were showing up at all our shows. That's a big deal in the music business."

"You have wide appeal," Tina said, "it's pretty cool being in one of your crowds."

"We call it the United Nations, but the Black Pack is where it all started."

"I always wondered where your fan club name came from."

"Ninety-nine percent of our fans who consider themselves part of the Black Pack have no clue where that name came from. It's these girls in Santa Monica."

"Hey, when does Jasmine come into this story? Are you trying to avoid telling me about your girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend." Joe corrected her. "PJs wife is the defacto ringleader of the pack. I was friends with Janice before PJ. Back in The Eldorado days, Janice gave me shit about being single. When PJ and I hooked up to form CoA, she decided to play matchmaker."

"Oh, so she set you up with Jasmine."

"No. I don't play that game, especially with friends. They were our biggest fans. If it went bad, I could alienate the entire pack. Let me tell you something, you don't mess with those girls. They're a tight group. They'll fuck you up."

"So how do you end up with a crush on Jasmine?"

"There are seven women at the center of the pack: Janice is queen, then there's Jas, Denise, Chandra, Rene, Nicole, and Diedra. They're all attractive, smart women. Diedra was married and Nicole had a boyfriend. From the start it was obvious that Denise and Jas had a thing for me, they were very flirty and touchy and I was happy to play along."

"Oh shit, you've got a love triangle in the making - with The Black Pack. This is exciting."

"Not really. Denise is smokin' hot, and super friendly, but I liked Jasmine from the day we met. I just connected with her. You used the word crush. That's perfect. I had a hard crush on her from the beginning and the feeling was mutual. Every time the band took a break she'd chat me up. We get high in the parking lot, and she was always right there. I once joked that Jasmine was overtly stalking me, not a sneaky girl that Jas. All her friends laughed, and she said, 'you gotta problem with that?' I embarrassed her, but she gave it right back. She's really fun and delightful."

"If you like her so much why didn't you go for it?"

"I told you, I don't shit where I eat. Never fuck up your business by fucking the help or the clientele."

"Ya know," Tina said, "I'm kinda proud of you for having that attitude. What was it that connected you and Jas, besides a crush?"

"Basketball," Joe said. "When she found out I was a Celtics fan, it was game-on. She's a huge Lakers fan, they all are. Jas started the trash-talking, 'Larry Bird's a cracker from Indiana." I gave it back. "Magic got AIDS from taking it in the ass from Kareem."

"Oh, my God!" Tina gasped. "That's terrible."

"Trust me, they all laughed through gritted teeth. They like that I'll dish it as well as take it. Then Jasmine learned that I play hoops at the Venice boardwalk and that I have some game. So she showed up one morning just to heckle me."

"Since when do you have game? I've seen you shoot around at the playground. You played in a few pickup games - but not that much."

"I didn't have time in New York, T. You were always fucking me. I had to choose between blow jobs and basketball and Larry Bird lost."

Tina laughed, "Sure, blame it on me."

"I had time here," Joe said. "The court is beachside, on the boardwalk. I've walked past it every day of my life since 1986. After watching pick-up games from the sidelines for a long while I decided to throw in. These guys are good, T. This is serious basketball, I wasn't sure I measured up, but I had to try. I showed up in my number ten JoJo White Celtics jersey."

"I remember you wore that to a Knicks game and took a lot of shit for it. I had my Knicks stuff on. We were the Odd Couple."

"I always wear my colors. I knew I'd get my balls busted, but that was the point. The sack I had to wear that jersey in LA was my ticket in. The Lakers fans give me shit and I give it back. The gave me a shot and they pounded me. They knocked me down a few times. I just kept getting up.

"So if Jasmine was into you, why did she heckle you at the pick-up games?"

"It's kinda funny," Joe said, "it's like when grade school girls like a boy, they might tease him. That was Jas and me, two kids with a crush."

"That was me and Tommy Morrison in third grade," T said. "I tortured that kid. I loved him and he hated me. I made him cry."

"Here's the thing," Joe continued, "Jas wasn't heckling me at the courts. I didn't see her until I drained a couple of back-to-back jump shots and she heckled the dudes who didn't defend me well. 'You gonna let that white boy make a fool-a-you like that?"

Tina laughed. "I like her."

"You would like Jas." Joe continued. "The Black dudes look over at her, like 'what the fuck, who's this bitch?' I look over, she smiles and waves at me and I'm thinking, oh shit, she's gonna crucify me in front of these guys."

"But she didn't, right? She cheered you on."

"Yup, she was giving them grief when I stole a ball. Then I made a nice thread-the-needle pass. After I dropped another fifteen-foot jumper, she was under their skin. Jas was pissing them off."

"Then you took her home after the game and fucked her. C'mon, let's get to the dirty business. You're taking too long."

"No, T. I've never slept with Jas. I told you at the start. We hung out that day and became good friends. Everyone thought we would fuck when I took her to a Celtics-Lakers game at The Forum. It was the best platonic date I'd ever been on. Jas was ecstatic."

"Did you wear your green?"

"Of course I did, and she wore her colors. When Lakers fans gave me shit, Jas told them to shut the fuck up - a few times that night."

"She stands by her man. That's a nice quality."

"Jasmine has many nice qualities."

"What does she look like?"

"Well, she's black."

"Duh," Tina said. " figured that out already."

"Her skin tone is in the mocha range. Jas is about 5'8", with long wavy hair, but she's always changing that up. She had a fro once and does braids, but it's usually the flowing style. She has full luscious lips and big beautiful, brown eyes. She's curvy - borderline voluptuous.

"Not like me, the skinny white girl with no curves."

"You have beautiful curves, T. They're soft, gentle curves. Jas has dangerous curves."

"Thank you for saying that, you're sweet," Tina said softly. "And I suppose she has big breasts."

"Yes, but not huge. She's perfectly proportioned, everything is round and curvy and soft."

"Are you sure you don't have a thing for black women?"

"I like all women, T."

"You told me about your friend in New Orleans, and now Jasmine, maybe you have a thing."

"It's not a thing."

"If you're such good friends, why aren't you seeing her these days?"

"My fucking band got big. That's it. We play LA maybe twice a year now. It used to be ten shows a month. I'm on the road a lot. Jas has a career. "

"Okay," T said, "I understand that you didn't want to fuck one of these girls when the band was just starting out, but that was years ago. What risk is there now?"

"You win the grand prize, baby. That's the question I've been asking myself for a long time now. That's why I've been thinking about Jas." Joe said, "I only see her when we play LA. The Black Plack always shows up and Jasmone always has a date."

"Poor Joe." Tina said softly, "What does Jas do?"

"She's in medical researcher at the UCLA Medical Center, pediatric cancer."

"Smart girl."

"Super smart." Joe paused. "That's why I love you. Intelligent women turn me on. You're smart, ambitious, and successful. That's hot. Jasmine is too. She wants to save the children of the world."

"Do you think it'll ever happen for you and Jas?"

"If I have my way, yes, it will. She's special. I miss hanging around with her. She's so much fun."

"What do you imagine doing with her, Joe? What do you think of when you jerk off to Jasmine?"

"Wow, nice turn there, T." Joe laughed, "Are you still playing with your pussy?"

"Yes, but I need you to help me. Tell me what you want to do with Jasmine."

"Her lips and mouth are fantastic. I can imagine Jas can suck a cock, and she's made enough joking innuendos to suggest just that. Her girlfriends tell a lot of dick jokes. She got a beautiful full ass I'd like to see from behind. It's not a big booty, but it's a nice one. I know she has enormous nipples because they demand attention even when she has a bra on. Without a bra in a T-shirt, which I've seen twice, unfuckingbelievable."

"Where did you see her without a bra?"

"At the beach. Jas wears a T shirt over her bikini. She reaches under and pulls her bikii top out from under the shirt. We're running around in the sand with a frisbee. Her beautiful titties are bouncing freely. I was tempted to throw my beer on her chest."

Joe paused to silence. He waited. Tina said nothing. He listened and waited.

"I imagine Jasmine is an incredible woman and I'd like a chance. I kinda regret my old rules. It was a mistake."

"Ohhhhh, okay, yes," Tina said. She panted. "Ohhhhh, that's good."

"Really? Did you just cum?" Joe asked. "I was barely playing."

"Yes," she said breathlessly, "just a little one. You gave me just enough Jas talk to get me there."

"Thank you, Jasmine - the crush I've never fucked - for getting my ex-girlfriend off."

Tina laughed, "Oh my god. I love you."

"I love you too, T."

*****

Joe called Tina at her office mid-week to give her the news she wanted to hear.

"Hi T."

"A Wednesday call, what's this about?"

"I'm coming out next week, on Monday."

"How long will you be in town?"

"It'll be a quickie. I fly back Thursday because we have a tune-up gig on Saturday."

"When's your flight to Japan?"

"The Friday after that."

"And you'll be there for a month."

"I'll be back after Thanksgiving."

"I'm gonna miss talking to you. I'm glad I'll be getting some time with you. That tour is gonna be a rough month."

"I'll fill you up next week so it carries you through the tour."

"Fill me up," Tina giggled, "always with the innuendo. So I can arrange drinks with the girls?"

"What girls?"

"My happy hour friends."

"Oh yeah, the Manhattan Man Haters Club," Joe said. "You want to sacrifice me at the altar of the Femi-God."

"If you're man enough to handle a few ladies in a social setting, I'd like to set that up. It so happens that we're overdue for our night out."

"Does that mean the entire gang will be there, not just the fans? How many are there?"

"There are eight, but they don't all show up every time. Some have families and business can get in the way. I missed the last meeting."

Joe sighed. "Okay, I can do it, but you have to make sure I have my escape hatch."

"I remember."

"Why do I have a feeling this is gonna be a night of me getting roasted?"

"It won't be," she said. "One more thing; you can't sit beside me because I don't want to get too touchy, as we do."

"You set the boundaries, T. Always have, always will."

Happy Hour Drama

When Joe showed up at Trattoria Fiorenza, twenty minutes early, he went straight to the bar for a dose of liquid courage. He wasn't intimidated by strong women; intelligent, articulate women were his favorite. He just preferred them on the sweet side of the personality spectrum, not pushy big city power brokers. Eight against one were not good odds.

Halfway through his beer, a woman sat beside him and smiled. "Hi Joe, I'm Niki, Tina's friend." She offered her hand. "You're here early."

Joe took her hand. She smiled - gorgeously. Her lips, mouth, and eyes worked in concert to form a delightful picture of femininity. Assuming she was one of the fans Tina spoke of, Joe felt safe enough for honesty. "Yes, I'm pre-gaming for the male sacrifice I've been roped into."

Niki laughed. "Oh c'mon. I'm sure you can handle a few women."

"A few, yes, but eight is a bit much."

"There will be six tonight."

"Still, those are not good odds. Can I buy you a drink?"

"Sure," she smiled again. Joe loved that smile. He waved at the bartender. "What are you having?

"A Manhattan sounds good," she said.

Joe looked to the bartender. "A Manhattan for the lady with a lovely smile."

"That's very sweet," she blushed a little. "Tina says your a charmer."

"On my good days. It goes with the business. I have to face the public, fans, and media. I try my best to be friendly and polite - even if I'm not up to it."

"Do you not like that part of your job?"

"I'm fine with it, but I loathe rude, pushy people. Some fans can be too in-your-face and the media is full of assholes looking to embarrass you for a scoop."

"Full disclosure. I'm a big fan and have been since the day I first heard Gravity. I was driving on the FDR after a job interview that went horribly wrong. I was on the verge of tears when your song came on. I had never heard of City of Angels. It was like you were singing to me." Niki sang the chorus, "Gravity can't hold you down. Stand tall, stay strong, rise above it all." She smiled again, "It was perfect timing for an uplifting message."

Joe laughed, "That song is not actually that uplifting."

"I know that now, but at the time I only knew the chorus."

"I'm glad my music was therapeutic, for one moment, in one day, for one soul."

"You have no idea," Niki smiled again as her drink arrived. She took her first sip and then gazed into Joe's eye. Her smile was perpetual. "So, you and Tina have quite a story."

"Yeah. How about we save that for the inquisition," Joe said. "What is it you do in the cutthroat New York art world?"

While Niki explained her work at The Guggenheim, Joe watched her glossy lips. He liked her prominent canines and cute ski-jump nose. Her round blue eyes were transfixed on him as she spoke. Her hair was light brown with streaks of blonde in a wavy bob style that fell just short of her shoulders. A few large curls attracted his gaze.

"Have you been to the Guggenheim?" She asked at the end of her explanation, taking another sip of her cocktail.

"A few times," he said. "When T and I were together in the eighties there were two things she insisted I see, all the city parks and all the museums. When we had days off together, that was her mission, for five years. Being a guy who works nights, I had many days in parks and muse..."

A harsh voice from behind barged into their conversation. "I knew you'd show up early, you little tramp!"

They turned to find a tall, shapely brunette staring at Niki with two other women on her wings, a redhead and a blonde. Joe recognized the blonde, Stephanie, from Tina's NYU days.

"Tramp?" Joe protested. "I've been called many things, but that's a first."

Niki smiled. The brunette shook her head. "Not you, your little groupie. I knew she'd be here before us." She looked at Niki's half-consumed cocktail. "And you've been here a while buttering him up."

"Yes, we've been having a nice conversation," Niki smirked.

"Hi, Joe." Stephanie smiled, "it's been a long time."

"Yes, it has. How are you, Steph?"

Tina entered the bar with another brunette interrupting the conversation with her presense rather than voice. She silently made her way through the cluster of women, wrapped her arms around Joe from behind, and kissed his neck below the ear. She smiled at Niki as if saying, "I can do this."

"Thanks for coming." She half whispered to Joe. "Our table is ready. I'll make introductions over there."

Joe asked the bartender to keep his tab open and followed the ladies into the dining area. He waited for Tina to sit. Per her instructions, Joe took a chair opposite. Niki took the seat to his left, and Stephanie sat to his right. He was glad it wasn't the tall mouthy brunette. He was not down with her vibe.

"So," Tina said, "how about we order drinks and I'll make introductions as we do. Trust me, it will help Joe remember your names by drink association. When he first moved to California he tended bar. He claims he knew many patrons by beverage first, then names."

Joe leaned towards Niki, "That makes you sexy Miss Manhattan." then he admired her blushing smile while the waitress waited at Tina's shoulder, pen in hand. They started with T and worked to her left.

"I'll have a martini, Hendricks with a twist." Tina then looked to her left at the redhead. "Joe, this is Paula, she's a curator at MOMA."

Paula waved and looked up at the waitress. "I'll have a Mojito."

Joe logged an entry into his brain, Paula-MOMA-Mojito, as he checked out Paula. Joe loves women and he enjoys searching for the one thing he likes about a woman, and it could be the smallest trait, like Paula's neck. She had a fair complexion and statuesque neck he imagined kissing.

Tina gestured to the left of Paula to the petite brunette. "This is Cynthia. She runs a gallery in Tribeca." Cynthia smiled and ordered a Chardonnay.

Cynthia-Tribeca-Chardonnay Joe thought as Cynthia and he traded glances. She smiled. He liked her kind eyes and her shy smile. Joe sensed she was a good woman by her demeanor with her friends, always smiling.