PUNKS Ch. 33: Preemptive Strike

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you thinking about it?"

"Thinking about what?"

"Your dumb rules and hangup about my age?"

"No. I'm not thinking about it."... Joe was totally thinking about it.

At the Santa Monica Pier, they picked up their boards and went up top. Joe ordered a couple of hot dogs and an order of fries to share. They sipped Coke while talking. Cheri wasn't letting it go. She was determined to get Joe to consider her point of view.

"I've known you since I was thirteen and I've always had a crush on you. You know that, right?"

"Yes. I'm aware. You don't try to hide it."

"I did back then, and all through high school."

"Bullshit. You were making eyes at me in high school. Every time you saw me you'd come over, all smiles and being touchy."

"Maybe. But I didn't try anything."

"Because you knew better."

"Yes, and now I don't."

"You don't know better?"

"I don't see a problem, except that you still view me as a thirteen year old. I'm twenty, Joe, not a kid anymore."

"I'm well aware of that."

Joe was pleased when his number was called and he had to fetch their lunch from the counter. He put onion, mustard, and relish on his dog. Cheri did mustard and ketchup. They ate crispy fries and dogs, quietly.

Cheri opened wide, slid the hot dog and bun deep, looked Joe in the eyes, took a bite, and chewed a massive mouthful of bread and processed meat.

"Are you serious?"

"What?" She said, muffled by a mouthful of food.

"You deep-throated that dog."

It took a moment for Cheri to swallow. "I did not." She smiled. She took a sip of coke and a few fries. Looking at Joe with mischief in her eyes.

He wanted to fuck her so bad. Cheri knew it. She wanted to get fucked and had laid her cards on the table. All Joe had to do was invite her back to his place and he could enjoy her beautiful body, that soft mouth, and full lips. Joe knew she would be fun to play with in bed. He just couldn't bring himself to do it.

Cruising on boards back to Venice, Cheri threw Hail Mary passes trying to score late. First she skated ahead to show Joe her ass, wiggling her cute bottom side to side as she skated in a swerving pattern. Then she stopped ahead, waiting for Joe to catch up. As he neared, she adjusted her bikini top, exposing enough side breast to earn an R-rating. She smiled as Joe shook his head, fully aware of her play.

As she pulled up alongside him again, she took Joe by the hand. He didn't resist. They skated hand in hand for a bit.

"I have a question," she broke a very long silence. "You always make a big deal at the bar that I'm not old enough to drink. You won't serve me."

"But I know the night crew does."

"Yeah. I have a fake ID. They know it and serve me anyway."

"That's not my business."

"If I was twenty one and you could take me on a real date to a nice restaurant where we could have drinks, would that make a difference?"

Joe didn't answer. They kept rolling, reaching the Venice Beach Pier. Joe had an idea that might take the heat off him.

"When's your birthday?"

"March 7th."

"I'll make a deal with you. If you don't have a boyfriend and I don't have a girlfriend on your twenty-first birthday, I'll take you on a date."

Cheri's eyes lit up and she flashed her pearly whites. Cheri had an electric smile. "Really... a real date, you and me?

"If neither of us has someone else in March."

"New York chicks don't count."

"Whatever."

"I'll tell you one thing." Cheri smiled, the ocean breeze blowing her golden locks sideways. "If I have a boyfriend in February, I'm dumping his ass before March."

Joe did what he always does after Cheri flirts with him. He skated home, broke out the lube, and masturbated thinking about her taking his cock deep like she did that hot dog. He imagined fucking her from behind would be magnificent.

Cheri was a major league-level flirt. She was good at it, ranging from sweet and subtle to blatantly flashing her tits, ass, pussy at him. She never crossed a red line; no junk touching, no first moves, and she never showed up at his place. Joe appreciated that, because he knew, or was pretty sure if she ever popped in at his place and stepped inside... he'd probably fuck her.

-- Business Trip --

Just a few days after telling Tina he might visit Mila in Spain, he received two calls on the same day, one early and one late. Jenna was the first to call.

Joe, I can't talk long. I'm at the office, ready to leave for a class."

"You could call later when you have time."

"No. I needed to tell you this now. She's coming to California."

"I just spoke to her on Monday. She didn't say anything about this."

"I just happened. She has business meetings with some LA fashion people and she's visiting Linda and Gwen. They're opening a new gallery in Santa Monica."

"She'll be one town over."

"Joe, she's traveling on legitimate business, but this is also about you. Did you tell her you were traveling to Spain with Mila?"

"I told her I might, but honestly, it's not likely."

"Well, that news hit her like a ton of bricks, as if you were going there to get married."

"I kinda laid it on thick after she got on my nerves."

"It doesn't matter. She's coming to LA and she's calling you tonight. I wanted you to know ahead of time so you can think about this before she calls. How will you handle it?"

"I just found out, Jen. I don't know."

"I have to run. I'll call tomorrow, okay?"

"Alright, Jen."

*****

Joe appreciated the heads-up Jen gave him. When he hung up he had goosebumps. Tina was coming to LA. He assumed she'd find time to visit him. Of course, she would. Jen said she was freaking out over him going to Spain. What was she going to do in LA, try to fuck that idea out of his head?

When Tina called, he was ready. She didn't waste any time. After a brief hello, and how are you exchange, T dropped what she thought was an unexpected bomb.

"I'm coming out to LA on business."

Joe's planned reaction was silence. There was however an internal reaction, a rush of emotion through his body. He felt it in his chest. It's confirmed. Tina was coming to California! Even though he expected these words, they still hit him hard. He played it matter-of-factly.

"Finally, T. You've been threatening to come here for five years."

"Five years. Has it been that long?"

"Yes. Our show at the Beacon was September of ninety-one, almost five years. So what's this business?"

"I told you I met with some LA fashion people. They're based out of El Segundo. Is that near you?"

"Yes, T. Venice is immediately north of LAX, and El Segundo is just south. It's close but you have to drive around the airport to get there. That sucks."

Tina breathed. "That explains the LAX in their company name. They want me to come out and meet their full design team and see the facility. So I'm doing that. I'm also visiting Linda."

"You'll be just south of me in El Segundo and then just north of me in Santa Monica? Are you avoiding me?"

"No, I think I'll have you surrounded."

Joe laughed, "I surrender. So Linda is in Santa Monica, right?"

"Yes, she's opening a new gallery. She and Gwen are finally doing their own thing and I promised I'd come for the big opening."

"When is this?"

"Less than two weeks. I fly on the twenty-first"

"How did you not know about this sooner? This is coming out of nowhere, T."

"So what? I've had this invitation from Linda for two months and I didn't know if I could go with Troy's trial and the business meetings I have. When these LA people invited me out I figured it was perfect because I could take meetings the same week as Linda's event."

"Where are you staying?"

"I'm staying with Linda. She lives in Topanga. Do you know where that is?"

"Everyone knows Topanga Canyon. It's not far. So you're staying with Linda and taking fashion meetings. Anything else?"

"I'd like to visit you. It's been too long, Joe. I miss you. I want to see your home. I want to see the beautiful life you've been telling me about and others write about."

Joe swallowed hard, "I would like that, T." He felt emotions coming on. "I'll be here. Just let me know when you're free." He was trying to not sound choked up, but he was.

"I have business in El Segundo on the 22nd and 23rd," she said, "then the gallery events are all weekend in Santa Monica, starting on Friday night."

Joe exhaled. He looked at the calendar on his desk. "The twenty-third is a Friday."

"Yes, it is. I can come down to Venice on Sunday afternoon, after Linda's brunch."

"Call me when you're on your way and I'll give you directions."

"I have your address. I'm sure I can find it. There's other stuff I have to talk to you about. I'm going to call later this week. Is that okay?"

"Yeah. That's great. Ya know, T, you seemed pretty upset about Mila and me, the Spain trip, and now suddenly you're coming to LA. Is there a connection?"

"I'm not upset about that."

"Please, T. You were clearly agitated."

"I was surprised, Joe. That's all. We're going to talk about this. I promise."

When Joe hung up he took a deep breath, inhaling and letting the air blow out, puffing his cheeks. He breathed in again and closed his eyes. Finally, T was coming to California. It was overwhelming. He walked out of his bedroom and overlooked the boulevard. "Finally!" he shouted at Venice.

*****

The following day he heard from Jenna.

"I think this is her move, Joe. I told you months ago that T has been tight-lipped about stuff at home. She complains a little about Troy's legal mess, but not much else. It's very unlike her to not vent to me. I feel she's working on something."

"Yes, Jen, selling her gallery and starting a new business. She focused on that, and her dipshit husband's trial of the century. I don't think I'm high on her priorities, but I'm happy she's coming here."

"Of course it's a business trip, but this Spanish news scared her. You need to take advantage of this visit, but whatever you do, don't fuck her. She's still married, Joe. That's your rule, right?"

Apparently, Tina wasn't keeping Jenna up to date on his rulebook updates.

"Look, Jen. I appreciate everything you've done for me, but I'm tired of the game. Tina will come out next month and I guarantee if she wants to fuck me, my California King will be open for business. Then she'll go back home to her husband and his criminal trial. Nothing will change."

"You don't know that. A lot is going on here. The gallery is all but sold and the fashion thing is taking off. She's moving on."

"What goes on there has nothing to do with me."

"I think this visit by T is her trying to hang on to you. This whole Mila thing was gold. She was hurt that you slept with Mila, and I know she ripped into you about coming here and not seeing her, and..."

"I saw her, Jen, and you were there."

"Only because she pitched a fit. That happy hour was big. After she met Mila it was ten times worse."

"What did you think of Mila?"

"I didn't want to be there. I barely spoke. I think you know how I feel."

"She's pretty awesome, huh?"

"Fuck you, Joe."

"I'm sorry, even though I shouldn't apologize for living my life."

"She's beautiful, Joe, and that accent makes me hate her even more. Are you happy I'm jealous? You should see Tina. She told you how upset she was over that photo of you two kissing, but you didn't hear about it as I did. She carried on for days."

"And the news about Spain was another brick in the wall."

"Yes. It scared her. She thinks Mila is bringing you home to meet her family because she's in love with you." Jenna exhaled. "This LA trip is a big deal. She's making her move, Joe."

"No Jen, she's coming to LA on business and visiting Linda. Then T will probably come to Venice to fuck my brains out. Sex is her way of keeping on her string. Those are your words, Jen. Nothing has changed. She's still married, trying to have it both ways."

"That's all true. I can't argue, but I think she has a bigger agenda. She said to me weeks ago that she's not letting you go. I laughed at her and told her she was married and had no claim. She stared at me and coldly said, 'He's mine."

"If T shows up here I will be hers for as long as she wants me."

"Maybe you should talk to her before you stick your dick in her. Make her explain what she's doing so you know what you're getting into."

"I know when I'm getting into... her."

"Think with the smart head, Joe, not the dumb one with a one-track mind."

"Hey, Jen, Thanks for calling. I got this."

*****

It took a few days, but Tina got around to calling late at night. Joe had been staying up, waiting every night.

"The reason I called is because I wanted to ask a favor. Would you be interested in coming to Linda's gallery opening? I'd like to see you sooner than Sunday."

"I don't know. When is it?"

"There are a few events. Friday night is a cocktail party at the gallery. Saturday is the official opening. We'll be there all day. It's like an open house. She's hosting a catered dinner at her place in Topanga that evening. Sunday there's brunch in town, just a few friends. I think the cocktail party might be fun. You haven't seen Linda or Gwen in years."

"Email me the addresses and info and let me think about it."

"I'll do that. I was thinking about your glory hole story today."

Joe laughed, "I got in your head, didn't I?"

"No. I don't think it happened. I think you're annoyed that I had one over you. You have no clue what the reality is, so you did two things. First, you went there to verify, then you concocted your own story hoping to make me jealous. Then you could exchange truths."

"Like exchanging prisoners? You give me your truth and I give you mine? No. I wouldn't do that because I don't know if I trust you on this glory hole thing."

"You don't think I did it?"

"Actually, T. I do believe you sucked cock at a glory hole because you love cock and you love risky sex. I told you this before. I can see you doing it. Remember all the times we had sex in bathrooms?"

"Yes, you mentioned the McDonald's bathroom blow job not long ago."

"Exactly, and that's only one episode. That day, standing in that men's room looking at the glory hole, right before my cock was sucked by a voluptuous brunette, I realized this all ties together. You like bathroom sex."

"I don't deny that."

"That Mcdonald's in Glenns Falls was just one blow job. Do you remember the truck stop on the Mass Pike?"

"Yes. I do," Tina laughed. "Now that you mention it."

"It's usually a quickie blow job, but you fucked me in the bathroom at Tommy Guns ... and another time you sucked my cock in the back alley at Tommy's"

"That was because Jada had sucked you off in the alley and I didn't want to be outdone by that bitch."

"You were so jealous of my first New York girlfriend."

"She wasn't your girlfriend. You just fucked her."

"Whatever. Then there's the bathroom sex at the campground in New Hampshire, and we fucked in your parent's bathroom on Thanksgiving."

"Okay, Joe. Congratulations. You remember our bathroom sex. What does that have to do with Horatio's?"

"That's not all of it, T, just your greatest hits. Those incidents establish a pattern. I believe you sucked dick at a glory hole, I just don't know how much cock you sucked. I assume you shared that brown dick with Kim. The rest is questionable, but I can see you doing it... so I don't know."

"And I can certainly imagine you sticking your dick in a glory hole, but I don't know that you did."

"I guess we'll never know," Joe said. "So what's going on with the pension raider's trail?"

"Just business as usual. I'm not going to court and he's pissed off. We're barely speaking."

--- Last Night In NYC ---

After that call, T was busy with business and preparing for her California trip. She didn't call again until the eve of her flight. She sounded like a schoolgirl going to Disneyland.

"I'm so excited. I can't remember the last time I was this giddy over a vacation."

"Wow, better than your second honeymoon?"

"Shut up."

"Just the facts, ma'am."

"So Jenna's been a bit much lately telling me what I should and should not do in LA."

"Let me guess, don't fuck Joe. It'll mess with his head."

Tina laughed, "God, it's like you have her script."

"What do you think tells me? Don't fuck Tina. It'll mess with your head."

"I see, she's working both sides?"

"You have no idea."

"What does that mean?"

"Joe had to backtrack. So yeah, about Jenna's advice. You're still married, T. We have to talk about this. I don't know if I can..."

"If you can't what, fuck me? Are you kidding me? On the night before I fly, you're making that the rule?"

"It's always been the rule, well, since I stopped fucking you."

"Unbelievable. I think you're fucking with me right now, so I won't react to this bullshit."

"Don't you love how we can never tell if the other is telling the truth?"

"Yeah, we're a pair, aren't we?"

--- Saturday, August 24, 1996 ---

Joe had sleepless nights, but few were more tortuous than the nights he knew Tina was in California, minutes away in Topanga Canyon. Why didn't his phone ring? She had to be feeling it too. He was hoping Tina would call, late at night, as she does. His plan was to offer to drive anywhere to meet her. He didn't want to see T at a party with strangers. Joe wanted to be with her one on one. He'd have to wait.

The Friday night cocktail party was a no-go. He just didn't care to get dressed up to mingle hoping to get alone time with her. He decided instead for the casual open house on Saturday with lower expectations. Tina said it was ten to four. He would show up midday, hoping Tina could slip away with him. He rolled past the address on Montana Ave in Santa Monica to check it out. People were out front standing on the sidewalk. He parked down the street, several doors away.

Joe weaved his way through a small group of guests loitering outside and walked in. An attractive young Asian woman smiled and handed him a program. Joe glanced at it, flipped a page, and saw Linda and Gwen's photo. He scanned the room. There wasn't a familiar face. There was however a bar and refreshments. He made his way over there figuring he'd be spotted eventually.

Munching on canapés while sipping a beer, Joe stood against a wall observing the guests. He noticed a young woman with a curly brunette bob staring at him. She looked away.

The room was large, each wall crammed with art, mostly modern work, paintings with some photographs. In the middle were small tables with ceramics, pottery, and sculptures.

Joe noticed the cute brunette looking his way again. She smiled. He smiled. She rejoined the conversation she was in.

"I didn't recognize you without your leather," a voice said. Joe turned to see Gwen smiling at him. "Shorts and flip-flops are not very punk."

"When in Rome." Joe smiled. "How are you, Gwen? You look great."

Gwen hugged Joe. "As do you. So you live in Venice."

"Ten years now."

"Tina has said to me a half dozen times that I should look you up."

"She's said the same to me, about you."

"So why didn't you?"

"I don't know. It would have seemed weird. It's not like we were best pals in New York."

"We were friends, through Tina. It would have been nice to see you."

Joe spread his arms out, "Here I am."

Gwen was younger than Joe, half Vietnamese and half white. Her dad served over there. Joe always liked Gwen. She was a cute and smart girl in college, like Jenna, one of Tina's NYU underclassmen. Now Joe was looking at the woman she had become, and she was beautiful with a dazzling smile.

"And it's good to see you. Let me find Tina..."

"No, I'm good. We'll bump into each other."

"She's been in town barely three days and she loves it so far."