Puppy Love Ch. 06

Story Info
Jack’s interference effects Luke’s book… and their lives.
7.8k words
4.7
2k
7

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 07/07/2023
Created 05/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 6 of 6

thank you all who stuck with this story, I hope you enjoyed it. I love reading any and all comments.

TUESDAY ONE WEEK LATER

It was about a week since Jack learned about Lily Kelly and his mind was working on ways to shift focus from 'wholesome young female' author to 'refreshing young, gay male' author. What if he shook up the story a little? What if he prepared a cover of 'Puppy Love' that Dove would jump at giving Luke credit for? He wasn't going to mention it until he knew if he could deliver.

It was Tuesday and the shelter had closed for the evening. Jack and Luke brought the dogs, introducing them to the teens for the shoot. Chloe was eighteen, girl next door type. Lance was a ruggedly built, handsome, blonde eighteen year old. He wore jeans and a varsity jacket and lastly Tyler, a seventeen year old who appeared to be the opposite of Lance. Tyler was slim with short curly brown hair. He wore skinny jeans with holes in the knees. They were booked for only a few hours, so the shoot had to be organized and executed quickly.

"Ok, thanks for being here" he addressed the models, Rita from the shelter - who Jack and Luke had met previously - and Reve. "This is what I need to get accomplished" Jack explained "Chloe & Lance, I need shots in various poses. Dogs at your feet... in front of you, next to you. Theo belongs to me and Olive belongs to Luke... they're both very nice and calm." Jack turned to Reve "I'd like Chloe and Lance to be photographed as a couple. I'd also like those same series of shots with Tyler swapped in for Chloe, having Tyler & Lance posed as a couple." Jack looked at everyone "any questions?"

Reve turned to Jack "are you sure you know what you're doing? This isn't what the story calls for."

Jack's eyes swiveled to Luke and then back to Reve "not yet it doesn't."

Reve staged the teens using the variety of poses. In two hours all the pics had been taken. Jack did a once over with Reve - checking to see if there was anything else he needed or any shots he'd like repeated, and that was all. Quick, painless and perfect.

-

"Are you up for a late dinner?" Jack asked Luke.

"Yep" his answer short and a little curt "how about the German place where we can bring the dogs?"

"Perfect" Jack replied "let's help Reve break down the lighting and pack her truck. Shouldn't take long, she really didn't have to set up that much for this small shoot."

"Let's invite her along for dinner?" Luke asked.

"Actually, I'd really rather have you to myself." Jack smiled.

"That's probably wise."

Jack stood at Reve's truck giving additional 'thank yous and goodbyes' again. Luke got the dogs in the back seat of the car while he rode shotgun. The shoot was quick and Luke felt exhilarated... as if he participated in any way whatsoever. He was excited to see the last of his book coming together.

Jack drove the short distance from the shelter to Dunderbak's. The restaurant was busy, so they stood outside for a table on the patio. While they waited, Luke asked Jack about the photo shoot.

"So, do you want to tell me what that little switch was about?" Luke asked Jack, a slight bite in his tone.

"I just had an idea, that's all. I wanted to take advantage of it while we had the time and the models."

Luke focused his eyes into Jack's "I know what you're doing. You want the book changed to two male leads. You want the girl ditched. Am I right?"

Jack played naive "would that be so bad? Male/male romance books are hot right now. Television shows too. Why not take advantage of it?"

"Because that's not the book I wrote. That's not the book I sold. That's not the book they wanted. Not to mention we're about two weeks out of publication and you want me to rewrite the story now?" The irritation in Luke's voice was obvious. Jack had crossed a line "I'm in second round rewrites now... that'd basically push the book back almost to square one. I could destroy any chance of it ever being published, not to mention a future with Dove."

Jack looked down at his shoes. Luke was right. He couldn't just take it upon himself to change everything.

"I already went against Bob when I tossed out a new title, now I'm supposed to what - just present a totally new concept too?"

"You're right. You're right. I'm sorry. I should have discussed any ideas with you first. This is your book and your future" Jack reached for Luke's hand "I'm very sorry... none of this was mine to tamper with."

Luke gave Jack's hand a squeeze "I just need for you to understand what this all means for me. I'm finally able to settle down and this is where - and you're who - I want to do it."

Things were settled. Jack made his sincerest apologies to Luke and, thankfully, he accepted. So, why couldn't he let this go? He felt Luke was being taken advantage of and didn't, or didn't want to, see it. If he explained his reason behind the change maybe he'd see things his way. Jack didn't see any harm in mocking up an additional cover... he was sure Luke would thank him for it later.

-

In the morning, Luke lay there after the alarm sounded... just thinking. What if Jack was right? What if he could make this book something different? Something new and unique? He brushed the thoughts aside, reminding himself of the scolding he gave Jack yesterday - leave everything alone and focus on the security of a steady job and future.

Olive was waiting to go out and to be fed... and she was letting Luke know she wanted both right now. She paraded around the bedroom impatiently, nudging Luke with her nose or giving the occasional bark - c'mon, what's taking so long. Get moving. Luke slid out of bed, rubbing Olive's head and giving her pets down her back. She ran ahead of him down the stairs and turned the corner into the kitchen - racing to the back door and pacing in circles. Luke opened the back door and she rocketed down the deck steps into the yard. He prepared her breakfast - along with a little something for himself - and leaned back against the counter, mindlessly munching a Pop Tart. When she finished, Olive ran back to the door to eat... Luke's signal to get ready for work.

-

A little something clicked in the back of his mind, Luke grabbed Olive's bag and prepared for his walk to work - this morning with her in tow for the first time. He'd give it a chance, if nothing more than for the morning. If things went sideways he'd take her home.

He sent Jack a text.

'meet at the cafe?' coffee cup emoji

A quick response.

'absolutely!' happy face emoji

Luke broke out into smiles

'see you soon' heart emoji

The thought of Jack for breakfast, or at least having breakfast with Jack, was enough for Luke and Olive to pick up their pace.

-

"Olive!" Jack playfully yelled as Luke led her over "are you bringing her to the office?"

Jack glanced down at her "Theo will be so upset he missed her today! Maybe we'll take a quick walk to the house at lunch and bring him back for the afternoon."

"I think she'd like that" Luke smiled.

They grabbed their orders and headed for work

"It was only two nights, but it felt so weird to wake up in my own bed this morning... alone."

Jack smiled "awww, thank you. I missed you too. Maybe we need to have sleep overs more often."

As they walked, Luke's mind returned to Puppy Love. He wanted to let Jack know he was reconsidering his plan to change the book, but he still hadn't convinced himself. If he couldn't do that, how was he expected to change Bob's mind, let alone Marketing - who was already planning a launch - and Editing, who'd have to review the book again. Instead, he continued to mull it over. He knew he didn't have much longer to consider it. The longer he waited, the less of a chance he had... wheels were already in motion.

-

Jack and Luke stepped out of the elevator, each ready to head to the respective spaces, when Luke tugged on Jack's arm.

"Come with me for a second" Luke whispered "I have something to show you."

Jack gave a low chuckle "I don't know what's left for me to see... I know every inch of you."

Luke's eyes darted around the office, alarmed that someone might have heard "not that you jackass. Come to my desk" eventually smiling.

Leading Olive and Jack to his desk, Luke sat down on his chair, with Olive at his feet, and dug through a drawer filled with outlines for story ideas and books for research. "Here" he pulled out a book and handed it to Jack.

"The Grass Is Always Greener" he read off the cover "ok, so?"

"The author. Look at the author" Luke pointed out.

Jack gasped "Luke Larson! It's you! You're on the cover as author!"

Luke smiled as he watched Jack's mind almost explode "This is what I was trying to explain to you. I don't really care if I have to be Lily Kelly for a book or two. I'm already an established, published author in my own right. I can wait a year or two to if that means launching my own series."

Jack went in for a hug, but Luke took a step back - obviously not secure enough for public displays of affection. Why would he be? He only recently admitted he was something other than one hundred percent straight.

"So, what's this book about?" Jack asked as he skimmed through the pages.

"Two kids who grow up next to each other. Every day after school they hang out in the backyard and talk over the fence. Eventually they each move off to different colleges, leaving one another, until a chain of events bring them both back home and they reconnect as adults. It's the same kind of romance I write now, only adult - much more adult." Luke smiled a devilish grin. This time it was Jack's turn to blush.

Jack nodded. He finally understood the point Luke was trying to make. He still just couldn't shake this feeling that nagged in the back of his mind... Luke deserved more.

-

Jack returned to his desk and began his work on the concept. He mocked up the cover he was assigned, the one featuring the boy/girl couple. His design featured the models standing back to back,Chloe holding Olive, Theo at Lance's feet. A heart floated over their heads making up the 'O' in the word Love. He was happy with the concept - it was one of his favorite designs. However, he figured while he had a template, why not just change the cover to his boy/boy idea? It didn't take much to swap out Chloe for Tyler. Now Jack was torn. Luke had made it more than clear he didn't want to rock the boat and make any more changes to the book, especially this late in the game. However, Jack thought, if he just saw the idea in front of him maybe he'd be tempted. This called for a distraction he hoped even Luke couldn't turn down.

-

Around 11:00 Jack texted Luke

'how's olive doing?'

'she's laying here sleeping, and not hiding under the desk!'

'in that case, do you want to walk home at lunch and bring theo back for the afternoon?'

'yes! let me know when you're ready to go'

Jack sent a dog emoji, followed up by 'theo can't wait.'

Luke sat at his desk, a ridiculously large grin plastered across his face. How can something as benign as a walk in the afternoon turn him into a smiling fool? Wait, that's easy, it's a walk with Jack. His face warmed as he continued smiling... no intention of stopping.

-

Jack texted Luke to meet him by the elevators at Noon... and right on time he showed, Olive right behind. Luke placed a brief kiss on Jack's lips, a small gesture to let him know he was trying his best to live in their relationship.

"You don't have to do that" Jack whispered "if you're not ready."

"I won't know if I'm ready until I try, so..."

Jack reached down to give Olive a few scratches behind her ears "you know what Ollie, you have a great Daddy. Someone could fall in love with him really fast." He smiled, pivoting his eyes up to meet Luke's.

Luke blushed yet again.

-

"Showing me your book this morning got me thinking."Jack stared straight ahead as they walked, finally just blurting out words, launching out fast and spilling in tumbles "Please don't be angry with me, but I mocked up another cover for 'Puppy Love'. I already had the original template on my desktop, so it took me just a few minutes to take out Chloe and add in Tyler. I know we talked about this, and you really didn't want to, but I just wanted to show you how cute it could look."

Luke stopped walking, forcing Jack to stop. Prepared for the barrage of anger from Luke, Jack was met with silence. "Talk to me, please" Jack whispered, pleading "I... I'm sorry. You said to leave it alone and I didn't."

"I hate that you went behind my back... especially after I told you to drop it" Luke was cold and stone faced. "All this shows is you don't care about my feelings - or what I want."

Jack dropped his head, reverting to his look-at-his-feet stance "I'm sorry Luke. I really am. I care about everything you say... everything you think. I care about you so fucking much" He lifted his head to meet his eyes "I think I'm in love with you."

"You love me?" Luke reached out to take Jack's hands "If you really do then you'll respect me to make my own choices, Ok?" They stood on the sidewalk in the middle of the lunch time rush, pedestrians bumping into them as they blocked their paths. Luke wrapped his arms around Jack's neck to pull him in for a kiss "and for what it's worth" Luke sighed "I think I love you too."

-

They silently walked to Jack's house to retrieve Theo, not speaking until reaching the front porch.

"So, am I forgiven?" Jack asked meekly.

Luke smiled "just promise you'll let me handle my career. No more surprises."

"Well, I do have something else" Jack said embarrassed "but I did this before our talk. I'll toss it out and we can pretend it never happened."

Jack put his key in the front door and Theo came running, making a beeline past Jack to greet Olive. They ran together from the front door into the Kitchen and then back. Making laps through the first floor.

"What else do you have?" Luke sounded annoyed, but he knew it was from the pre lay-down-some-ground-rules discussion.

"I made a new cover" Jack dipped into his bag "you don't even have to look at it. Matter of fact, I'll just chuck it."

Luke reached out and snagged the piece of paper out of Jack's hand. It was the new cover. Lance, Tyler and the dogs - plus Luke with author credit.

"Please, seriously, throw it away" Jack begged "don't even look at it. Please don't look at it."

"Well now I have to see it since it's making you so upset"

"No! No you don't! I promise... I promised. Please Luke."

Luke looked over the new cover, studying it carefully. He had to admit, at least to himself if nobody else, he really liked it. Should he tell Jack? Admit that maybe he was right? Of course he should. If he wanted trust from Jack he had to give honesty in return.

"Jack, this is great... I love it!" he had a wide smile across his face, his admission of error shown clearly. "Maybe you're right - maybe I should look into changing the story a little."

Jack audibly gasped "no, Luke! Don't! You're probably right about switching things up now. I don't want to be the reason your book never gets published.

"The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if it really wouldn't be that difficult" he sat on the sofa tapping his finger against his chin "it's not like I have to rewrite the whole story line, I just have to switch out names and pronouns. It might actually work."

Luke paced the room, walking from the front door to the kitchen and back again. The same path the dogs were taking. The three of them in unison.

After some brief moments "I think I might have figured something out." Luke smiled "this is isn't going to be easy, but easier than I thought." He stood up and and reached out for Jack to come and hug him "your amazing. I'd never have had the nerve to do this. Hell, I'd never even thought of it.

"I'm so happy to have you in my life." Luke whispered to Jack "Chris never would have supported me like this. Fuck, she never cared that she dragged me around the country to advance her career. You... I mean you... you thought of me immediately." He kissed Jack gently. "You worried about me... so much - you're making me fall in love with you. My god, Jackson Poole. I'm in love with you... in a way I've never felt for anyone before. In a way I never felt for Christine." Luke nuzzled his face into Jack's shoulder.

-

Luke slid his hand down into the front of Jack's jeans. He could feel the warmth, the sexual heat, that emanated from Jack's dick. It's hardness begging for attention. Luke was more than willing to show it some appreciation. He ran his fingertips over the length, encouraging it to swell and thicken. Jack moaned, his eyes closed as he relaxed into the pleasure that was Luke's fingers "oh, fuck... Luke. Don't do that, we've gotta get back to the office" Jack groaned a combination satisfaction and amusement.

Luke kissed around his ear, running his tongue across it and gently nipping at the lobe, causing goosebumps to appear on Jack's neck. Luke's breath was warm and tempting, Jack's dick in his hand was hard and approving. Giving it a few firm squeezes, slowly milking out a trickle of pre-cum. Luke sank to his knees "I should probably take care of this before we go back" he whispered.

Jack felt like his knees were going to buckle. "We shouldn't... I mean, we really can't...

Luke leaned in against Jack "are you sure?" he whispered.

"No... I'm not sure. You've got my head spinning" he moaned.

Luke stood and ran his tongue across Jack's ear "I want your cock."

Jack hissed as he sucked air in through his teeth "take it. Fuck. Take it" he thickly groaned.

Luke dipped to his knees and unbuttoned Jack's jeans, letting them slide to the floor. He tugged on Jack's briefs, bright yellow with a black waistband, and let those drop too, rocking back on his heals in awe as Jack's cock sprang free.

"You have underwear that matches the Camaro?" Luke chuckled "black racing stripe and all?"

Jack reached down and ran his fingers over Luke's torso, stroking his chest hair and giving his nipple piercings pinches and gentle tugs, Luke gasped, his breathing shifting to meek whimpers. "just in case any hot guys want to see me spread out on the hood of my car. Interested?" he answered breathlessly.

"Maybe later... I'm kinda busy right now."

Cupping Jack's balls in one hand he wrapped the other around the shaft, Luke lowered his head down until his mouth hovered over the tip of Jack's prick. He closed his eyes and slowly worked his mouth over first the girth - he found it challenging opening his jaws that wide - and little by little the length. He bobbed himself over the package between Jack's legs. His tastebuds savored the warm, saltiness of pre-cum, while his nose picked up his musky scent and dampness created from being tucked into his pants. Luke felt overcome, almost intoxicated with his senses working overtime. On his third pass swallowing the engorged cock Luke gagged... Jack too large for him to take.

"Slowly, just go slowly" Jack purred as he ran his fingers through Luke's curls "it's ok, you're doing great." Luke relaxed a little, soothed by Jack's encouragement.

Luke continued working on the shaft... sucking, jerking and circling his tongue around the head. His mouth was wet, leaving a leaking trail of spit down Jack's pole. He could feel him squirming, his hips rocking back and forth slowly fucking Luke's mouth "oh my god... fuckin', shit. Shit! Luke... your mouth. Ohhhh, suck me." Jack moaned. Emboldened by the sounds of Jacks's pleasure, Luke went for more. He channeled what he'd seen in the straight porn he's watched, remembering how the women worked the men to make them cum. He looked up at Jack, their eyes locking, as Jack continued running his fingers through Luke's hair "suck me Luke... suck my big cock." The needing in his voice. The wanting in his eyes. Luke never felt so in control with anyone sexually.