All Comments on 'Put a Little Love in Your Heart'

by numbnutz49

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Negative. She cheated on him in two affairs and then, when he was at his lowest point, she said she was moving her lover in. There are reconciliation stories that make sense and then there are RAACS. You seem to have confused the two. The latter is a "reconciliation at all costs", which means the author ignores the plot to force a couple back together.

You'll find that many here will buy into a reconciliation if there is a solid plotline to support it. Where most will castigate you for a RAAC. If Joan had had a very short, one time affair caused by the protagonist's alcoholism, that would be something you could get readers to swallow. This, however, is just a solid no go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderfull

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

I read the authors note and I can empathize with his muse and direction in writing this. The premise of this story of forgiveness and finding happiness is clearly seen in this piece even though they were some glaring holes of how he couldn’t locate his family in the digital age and with his financial backing seems implausible. Better this had been a period piece before the internet was so mainstream. I will only say this that reconciliation, forgiveness and happiness does not have to necessarily be with the one that cause the heartache and pain. You can reconcile your past actions and forgive yourself and so doing forgive those that trespass against you. Happiness can be found ultimately in the arms of another if you keep yourself open for it. The RAAC for Robert seem so implausible I can understand why it only took around 2 or 3 paragraphs out of the 4 pages.

IcarusascendingIcarusascendingover 2 years ago

I liked so much about this story. I'm always a fan of the convoluted but solid plots with twists, even if you know they're coming. I do wish there was a more involved ending, with Joan at least, and maybe his kids. I can see this being a bit longer since it seemed abrupt, although the story did wrap up completely. This was a good Friday feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding. So good to read a happy ending in this weary world. Thanks for writing this.

hankmbb1017hankmbb1017over 2 years ago

Getting ones self to finally admit they are a alcoholic is a body wrenching decision. Hitting rock bottom and still living is the start. AA is a fabulous organization that has helped so many. I would like to say Thank You for your service to mankind. Thank you for this sad but spectacular story. It needs to be told over and over again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would have liked details about the reunion

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

$25 million. How come almost every story on this site is about rich assholes? Do you have to be a millionaire before you can be real? Are the authors all millionaires and that's all they know? Over all the stories, the average assets for an LW couple at divorce is $2.3 million. Is it really true that it's not really cheating unless there's a lot of money involved? In the end, who really gives a shit whether or not a drunken millionaire asshole gets a little love in his heart?

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What bullshit is this? First off, there is no hospital in the USA that can refuse to help someone. None. By law they have to help you whether you have insurance or not. Reconciliation stories runs rampant here. They're usually in the cuck categories. Where this story should be. Reconciliation depends on the nature of the crime/betrayal. Having multiple affairs for a year is not forgivable. I think you threw in the fact that he was a raging alcoholic to justify the wife being a cum slut. If she wasn't happy, she should've divorced him. Not stay married and have an affair for a year. The fact that joan admitted to getting off humiliating her husband makes reconciliation impossible. Whatever happened to stand by your man? Things got tough and she found a coworker's penis to make her feel better. The second slut(the alcoholic one) that reconciliation made no sense either. She was not only a cheating whore, she's a horrible mother. I'm actually confused by any court giving custody to a woman who goes on drinking binges. Why did her husband not fight for custody, knowing his wife had a sever alcohol dependency? It took her leaving her kids alone all night for him to request custody??. This story blowed. It was a ball of huh? Cause I was confused by some of this crap

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 2 years ago
Very Good Story

Consistent with the theme of the song. The wedding date exposed the rest of plot, but that is ok. Five stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Good reconciliation stories are rare. Well done.

JohnD46JohnD46over 2 years ago

Very well done. Thank you. It was a fun read

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do the people that comment not realize the the tales on this site are for the most part FICTION ?? This particular story may have a bit more than an element of truth in it as it sounds to me that the author is perhaps a member of AA, or at least have gone through the 12 step program. and now has been granted the Serenity, and has the wisdom. LP

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

If you are using "Q" as a role model here, you've chosen well. I troll the pages of this genre everyday and try to provide realistic, meaningful comments to help writers grow. BTB and RAAC all have their place in LW, despite claims by the throngs of "anonymous" to the contrary. There's some confusion in your storyline about what triggered Joan's affair and visa vie his drinking and personality shift to "asshole". Since you portray him as a decent person in the end, I would suggest that her affair triggered her to start ridiculing him and his response was to escalate the verbal abuse back. (We all KNOW the wife will start to demean the husband if they are having an affair - all the stories here say so. LOL!) Not much detail was revealed in Rita's story, so hard to read that one. I understand the bulk of your story and effort as a writer was the devastation the affairs caused and the loss, but it would have helped with more context. I'm going to forgo my impulse to give you a 1 for trashing my hometown of Cincinnati. It is nothing like what is described in this story. Final score: 4*

dojdojover 2 years ago

I loved it had wet eyes reading the last page I love a happy ending. Thank you.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

I dont understand why authors of cuck stories refuse to use the cuck tag

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

I not a fan of a RAAC, but.that's not really what this story was about. This was a great story about redemption and healing. It was almost two good for LW, but I'm glad that I had a chance to read it.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Yeah she was a total waste, and a serous bitch...ended much like so many other cucks stories.

Absolutely nothing worth reading here. It was well written but put me to sleep, as a drunk wimp and nasty nitch do not make a story all that enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Aaah the program , what a great entity it is ! Helped millions , including me , and as I suspect a certain author too ! This story was well written and packed full of emotion , so full that I sniveled and teared up . Hid it well from my wife though , as she only looked at me funny once during my emotional discharge , lol ! From one midwestern, (Kansas), boy to another - “Keep coming back, it works!!!) Good works and Godspeed to you and yours

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
To all the authors on LW

I hope you read this fine story and remember it when you want to take the easy way out and resurrect this bad cliché of someone diving into a bottle when they hit a little bump on the road of life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

DRY DATE. No men chin? LOVE. slap*hapy*papy#9.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Wait till i dry my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've been graced with 25yr. Thanks for the reminder

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cute. Glad all the pain finally stopped. I never did understand what drove the adultery and the alcoholism. Guess there was a lot of Martian Slut Ray being sprayed around. Glad they all got over it. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Assnomeous comment: written like stereo instructions. LOVE slap*hapy*papy#9

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow a change of pace story, AA and god. Wife cheated ,he drank was a bastard person. Saves a drunk women, after so many years finds his family. Dies a happy man. 😇

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

tear jerker for sure would have made a nice christmass story. very repetitive though this would have made a good 2 page story without all the rehashing

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

lol yeah anon: "rich people" there are small few stories here that have lower income people. umm jimbob44 has a some if u can get past his writing in tongues. also forgot to mention how couldnt a person that rich find his still married to him wife dragging along 3 kids. that was way too big of a whole to over look

kencorokencoroover 2 years ago

Why is it LW stories keep telling stories from 1st person view instead of the traditional 3rd person narrator.

1st person view is only good if you CAN RELATE to that narrator.

-

Your narrators are an über-functioning alcoholic millionaire, a cheating wife who is married to an alcoholic millionaire, and a mental patient.

You need to be very good at writing this characters to put the readers in their shoe.

But you didn't.

You spent paragraph after paragraph explaining how your main character made his riches.

Did you explain how and why Robert fell in love with alcohol? Doesn't matter, let's spent the rest of the paragraph on how he made more money.

And I'm still not sure what driven Joan to cheat. Doesn't matter, this is the step Robert is on in his alcoholic rehab and there's also this on how he became richer.

So what happen to the divorce? Should anyone care? Here's the stock price and how he made money from it.

-

And that reconciliation at the end, what did Joan do to earn that?

This is just another Reconciliation at all Cost story. Joan is a blatant cheater and her goal was to humiliate her husband. All you show she did was only admitting what she did was wrong.

Divorce was the right choice for them. But here's how my main character is so good at making money.

-

You should have shown more on what happened to the family during Joan's POV or when she shared with Rita.

If you can spend that much writing about how your main character became rich, you should spend even more on how he became estranged from the family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mark the start of your story CLEARLY.

Others might, but I don't want to read through your boring and too long author's notes.

Make a line break with continuous underscores '_____' or dashes '---------'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is rated RAAC. Nothing earned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I counter-sued based on multiple adulterous affairs and the attorneys went swinging. I had paid over $400,000 in attorney bills (hers and mine) by that point."

You spend $400k on lawyers and don't end up divorced????

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Seems more like an AA promotion story to me. So I guess my questioning what made her a cheating bitch and him a mean drunk really doesn't apply to the actual story.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Numbnutz, as the scores have shown, this is the better of your two stories. I want to believe that it would have done better if you hadn't repeated your self so many times (I was burned for the same thing once). Other than that the story seamed to move along at a slow pace (even if it did cover 10 years).

I look forward to your stories improving every time to write another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Writer is preachy and sanctimonious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I barely got past the boring long winded authors notes at the start, then I gave it a few paragraphs and gave up, nothing interesting to read, since I didn't read it, no score.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Decent story, but it was set at a frenetic pace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

if you are going to "quote" the 12 steps (or any published material for that matter), don't paraphrase them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good concept, but there was just way more information than was needed. Also, there was just too much conflicting information; if the author can't keep the story straight, how can the reader be expected to? Keep writing, and find an editor who can help you trim out all of the extraneous parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Garbage. One Star. Even in fiction there got to be some realism.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Extremely boring with financial fantasies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
It's like a Katie Fjord movie

You know what's comming but it make's you feel good. Sometimes a little too sweet and repeat too often information , but you give a good feeling in the end. And this is what you need in nowadays times. Maybe in Romance you have gotten a higher score.

Don't let some trolls get under your skin. You did a good job. Look to get the right balance between sweet as possible RAAC and BTB, repeat not too often action of your MC's. Good try.

Flar

KyuzioKyuzioover 2 years ago

I liked the story even though I guessed where it was going by page 2. Maybe a bit too much extraneous information, but that is something a professional editor would work on with you.

Just one nit to pick, though...There hasn't been a Cincinnati General Hospital since around 1983. Its called University of Cincinnati Medical Center or UC Medical for short.

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Only a fucking idiot would have anything to do with a cheating slut ever again. 1 star

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Noice story! Very nice story with redemption for all parties. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A little too obvious and I don't think he should have forgiven Joan, she was terrible to him and caused him to become an alcoholic. Trust isn't easy to rebuild and the story glossed over that rebuilding in both relationships. 3*

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 2 years ago

Great story! Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A look at the comments show how wide a range of appreciation or degradation a story may provoke. Of course the real revelation was the ignorance of so many of the commentators. It also illustrates the recklessness of so many that they don't even get straight the details of the plot they criticise. From personal knowledge I can say that there was nothing outlandish in the plot. I have watched friends through ingenuity and luck of timing create great wealth. I have watched good people, when blessed with great success turn into arrogant a******* or worse.

I would suggest that the author has been affected by an alcoholic. If just 10% are alcoholics (some statistics hint at 20 or more per cent) and each alcoholic serious affects 3 others....

One comment suggest the story sounded like an ad for AA.

My answer: A very good ad.

From someone who has counselled alcoholics and led AA based groups.

For the "purist" who said don't paraphrase the steps: Bet something close than nothing at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As far as RAAC stories go, I generally don't like them because once someone has been cheated on, trust is SHATTERED, and rebuilding that trust is VERY hard, if not impossible. For that reason RAAC is a long shot even under the best circumstances (cheated only one time when drunk for example). This is why I personally find a lot of RAAC stories to be too ridiculous to stomach, even though it's fiction. We see far too many where the cheater cheats over and over again, and initially doesn't show much remorse. I'm sorry, but there's no effing way ANYONE would reconcile with a cheater like that, yet I see plenty of stories like that.

Those deserve criticism for being TOO unrealistic. To be fair, there are plenty of BTB stories that go WAY over the top that deserve criticism for the same reason.

Just my $.02 for why some of the criticism exists.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Good atory of redemption. I can understand raac after ten yearsm both spouses have a long time to understand their faulta.

He thought he drove his wife away but reading between the lines I think Joan knew better. Her infidelity caused him to start drinking.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ 👎🏿

You told your story well. It just wasn't my kind of story. She cheats once, he forgives her. Stupid gets what stupid deserves. She immediately has a 2nd affair, followed by others. He crawls into the bottle? Cuck or wimp, take your pick. He wants the wife and kids to forgive him? Why? It's the cheating, slut wife that should beg forgiveness. She never divorced him through all those years? No abandonment? I'll bet she kept spending his money. She couldn't have looked for him too hard. He wasn't hiding. Independently wealthy, generous to the community. She didn't look for him at all. And, the ending you wrote sickened me. Poor, stupid cucky begging to come home. Yuch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was awful because it was so unrealistic. No sane man would take her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think you're mistaken about LW needing more RAAC stories. Take a look at the "recent" story list and check how many love songs to the man hating cuck life style there are as opposed to all others.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Well done and thoroughly enjoyed the evolution of these lives. Thanks

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

So this is a first. We get two stupid cucks in one story. Wow, what a concept! Both women spread, cause untold heartache, one causes hubby to become alcoholic, but all is well, everything is fine. sure….

inka2222inka222210 months ago

OK, i really liked some other stories by this author, but I agree with last comment. This is beyond awful, not one but TWO completely unwarranted disgusting "reconciliations" (read: cheating skanky bitch gets back her husband who didn't deserve to be cheated on, she stole all his money, his kids, and in one of two cases suffered ZERO retribution or punishment - instead of the husband getting a decent new family. Oh and of course let's heap on gaslighting that somehow it was the husband's fault because OF COURSE having drinking problem is somehow just as bad as betraying and destroying the person who loved you in the worst way.

Let's not even bring up that this Robert dude could have saved a deserving woman who truly didn't cause her own problems, but instead he saves THAT piece of crap.

1 star, and I wish I could give -100.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

A nice story, bit much on the drinking side for me, but nice enough character set, plot was full of holes for real life but as a story it wasn’t bad.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I like a reconciliation as much as the next gut but this was a nonsensical RAAC. Yes alcoholism is bad and if left untreated can wreck lives and marriages. But she had already cheated. She did once. They reconciled. And then she immediately has a second affair. Wtf? And then more. And yes he starts drinking and it affects everything in his life. But his marriage was already destroyed. Wtf. She didn't have any remorse until what 12 years later. And worse her actions in between showed no penance for her breaking of the marriage. I get that the kids are put off by an alcoholic father. And to then they were not aware or exposed to their mother cheating repeatedly. But the wife had no contrition until some epiphany at the end. And somehow it was Robert's fault? Please. I am not a BTB fanatic by any means. In fact I generally prefer realism. But Joan was execrable. And I wonder if the real reason she stayed married even though he was abandoned by his family was so she coyld convince herself she was cheating as she still had sexual intercourse. I know that isn't thr case, but every other reason seemes even more improbable.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree3 months ago

I agree with latest comments.

This was pure RAAC.

As horrible as it gets.

What a shame to ruin what was up to then

an very intersting story.

1 out of 5 from me.

lc69hunterlc69hunter3 months ago

The ability to forgive, both ourselves and others, is what makes us human.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernumbnutz49@numbnutz49
It took a while but the moderators have upload a corrected version of the story about the Station Club (W. Warwick, RI) fire in 2003 (Boy Meets Girl). I will strive to make any story based on an actual event more accurate in the future. Considering how many typos I had in thi...

SIMILAR Stories