All Comments on 'Put to the Test Ch. 04'

by Chagrined

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerabout 19 years ago
Disappointing ending.

I had liked this story very much until this chapter. Then it took a turn for the worst. The love the you shaped and described in the previous chapters was stomped on in this one. Any wife that is so untrusting of her husband that she hires a detective first before asking him should never think of having childern with him. Reason being that sometime in the future she will mistrust him again and then their children will pay the price. Also as a man if I thought that my wife did something like this to me I could never trust her again. Perhaps he may need to hire a detective too? Usually it takes a cheater to catch one. Part of marriage is trust. She could not even trust him enought to ask him first???? How in the world can he ever trust her??? Also she doesn't tell him what she has done or what his ex-freind did to him. If your life partner cannot talk to you then you and her have deeper problems. This relationship is doomed.

thebulletthebulletabout 19 years ago
Good one

Chagrined has come up with a totally new twist, as far as I can remember. The story is well worth the read, even though some will be complaining for its lack of sex.

It's strange to say on this website, but my theory is that in real life, the majority of wives are truly 'loving wives'. Unfortunately we rarely glimpse a truly 'loving wife' in this category. Chargrined has found one.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Fooled Me!

I was sure this was a cheating story; maybe because ALL 'Loving Wives' stories are--almost.

This was a very good story. The ending made it great for me.

If you are writing more stories similar to this I will be reading more of your offerings!!!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
JDseller

You don't read well. She KNEW he wasn't cheating. She did it for his test as HE was a FORMER cheater.

HE PASSED THE TEST!!

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
I wasn't going to get involved

but I'm not sure nightowl bothered to read jdseller's comment.

ALL his(?) points are valid.

Maria organised the 'test' when she DID suspect him of cheating.

For all the talk see from chagrined in his comments on other stories about how wonderful and trusting a real marriage is, he didn't hesitate to use a despicable lack of trust as a supposed loving move.

How much more 'unloving' could a spouse get than to send, not only a detective to check on her husband, but a woman to seduce him as well?

Gutter morals, desire to control maybe, but definitely not love.

If a man like Jim ever did find out what she did he could never trust her again either.

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
Just a thought

Maybe Ch 4 is not the end of this little saga??

don87654don87654about 19 years ago
Review

Just good....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great Characters

I loved ths story. Perhaps we are putting an American cultural twist on the character's motivations and actions where it is inappropriate. You may want to return to these characters in a future story. They have a fascinating marriage dynamic.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 19 years ago
Put the coffee to the test!

Another very nice read. Someone predicted the one plot twist in a previous comment. Your fascination with coffee in every story will become your trademark! I have decided that being fluent in Spanish, French, German, and Russian is not adequate. I will begin working on Portuguese to enhance my enjoyment of your work. Our hero wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but that makes him more endearing. The plot came together nicely. All in all, it was a very good story!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Kanga how about this dialogue

"Mr. Baxter, I believe you have a service which you call fidelity investigation?"

"Yes." He answered.

"I believe I need this service."

He sat back. "Do you think your husband is cheating on you, Mrs. Molloy?"

I shook my head. "No, I do not. I know he is not. Peter is not that kind of man"

The last statement is her belief.

She wanted it for another reason.

For Peter to test himself!!

And of course, after she heard the two men talking, etc she went ahead with it. Why? Same reason.

I was thrown completely off in this story until she found the panties and then another twist when she stated to Baxter she knew he was not cheating.

Great story really, well written.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Kanga--here is THE test (CH 3)

But the better part of me, the part that most men wished won out more times than it did had scored the victory tonight. Maria had been right. I was a better man, a different man. Twenty years ago I would have gone to bed with Sandy without conscience or cost. But that Peter Molloy was no longer here, supplanted by the new and improved model.

Note: Maria had bee right.....

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Kanga--here is THE test (CH 3)

But the better part of me, the part that most men wished won out more times than it did had scored the victory tonight. Maria had been right. I was a better man, a different man. Twenty years ago I would have gone to bed with Sandy without conscience or cost. But that Peter Molloy was no longer here, supplanted by the new and improved model.

Note: Maria had bee right.....

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Kanga--here is THE test (CH 3)

But the better part of me, the part that most men wished won out more times than it did had scored the victory tonight. Maria had been right. I was a better man, a different man. Twenty years ago I would have gone to bed with Sandy without conscience or cost. But that Peter Molloy was no longer here, supplanted by the new and improved model.

Note: Maria had bee right.....

rpsuchrpsuchabout 19 years ago
Worst phrase.

I think this should be one of the contests on Literotica. Worst phrase in a story:

Some men are all alike.

It was a good story but that phrase had me rolling on the floor. It reminds me of "Once enough is too much." You sort of have an idea what it means but it makes no sense.

rpsuchrpsuchabout 19 years ago
Even funnier?

I know the editor and I'm thinking she must have pointed out the phrase which has me thinking it was intentional, intended to feature Marie's incomplete command of English. If that's the case, the phrase is even funnier. I'm going to need a new phrase stronger than ROTFL LMAO.

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
I'm not sure why you had to tell me 3 times, BUT

When he was thinking that he still has no idea his supposedly 'loving' wife set up the whole thing.

AND...

To quote what Maria said to herself, as opposed to what she told Baxter:

"In my heart, I knew that my Peter had not been unfaithful to our vows but my mind needed to be reassured."

THEN...

Baxter asks:

"Do you have any reason to believe that he may be cheating on you?"

I reached to my purse and pulled out the panties I had found in the glove compartment. He took the offensive thing and set it in front of him on the table.

"Any thing else?"

I shook my head....."

ALSO

"I believed in him with all my heart, but I was still troubled about the panties. Mr. Baxter had been correct. My finding the panties when and where I did was certainly suspect to me."

Had Chagrined wanted us to differentiate the two he should have had her find the panties AFTER she went to Baxter.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Damned thing didn't seem to be Transmitting

wound up with three of them.

Right, he didn't know she set it up. He was happy about himself being able to be true.

She must have had a tiny bit of doubt but she made a definite statement that he wouldn't do it.

And once she knew absolutely positively that he didn't why did she go ahead with the "test"?

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Worst phrase?

There's a song:

Too much of a good thing is a good thing!

That qualify for the running??

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
It was telegraphed and still enjoyable

You telegraphed the plot twists, but I found the characters so engaging that it didn't matter to me. This was a very enjoyable story to read. Thank you.

S-DesS-Desabout 18 years ago
Nice Job

Good story. Glad to see no one resorted to cheating. If every story in this section is about cheating or cuckholding, it gets boring. I also liked the ending. Too many authors feel the need to explain everything and tie up all the loose ends. It's different, which makes it stand out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Gave a rare 5.

Good story. Not too long but enough detail. If you do another chapter you might want to detail what happens to loverboy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent

She was right to do what she did with the information she had.

Trust but verify.

She was sure he hadn't but realized so were most people that had cheating spouses.

Great love story and good little twists to get through the story.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
A very nice story, but

I am confused about the timing. I thought, in chap. 2, Maria had already indicated she planned to test Peter. In chap. 4, it reads like she only made that decision after she found the panties. Loved the last line of the story! Peter, of course, did not understand her statement.

I smiled when Maria referred to Mr. Baxter's height as 183 cm. In chap. 2 she referred to a hypothetical 8 inch cock. I wondered about the "inch" reference - seemed like she should have referred to it in cm. (13?)

RePhilRePhilabout 7 years ago
Seriously!

The Brazilian Bitch went through with the test! And she thinks it's for his benefit? Either she is written as a total moron or the writer temporarily insane. I know this is harsh but deceitful manipulation like that isn't love. More is the pity for those who think it's is. Brillianty written as are most all your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
rePhilled with jism

hey cuckie, squeal your nonsense into the void, only other closet-cases (like you) give a shit what a wanker like you has to say.

5 stars!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Test

The test wasn't for her, it was for HIM! It was for him to know that he was faithful and could/would never cheat on Maria.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
WTF!

Stupid, untrusting wife. She had NO REASON to "TEST" her husband. He's one good boy scout. Trustworthy to the end. I only hoped he would of found out about her testing him and spending all that money, all for not.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great

That was definitely worth reading. Great happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Put to the test chapter 5

He finds out what's going on, gets tired of her insecurities, bullshit and uncalled for drama, and files for divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She was correct. He passed,and she failed. She may not have cheated, but she doesn't trust her man. The good news is she'll have the life she wants regardless. And he'll be happy because he'll never know she tested his fidelity. But she'll carry that weight. If he knew, it may reinforce his negative self talk. It may also grow some resentment towards her. So it's bad all around. Hard to fault people though because doubt is a terrible thing to live with.

DreamsOfHopeDreamsOfHope8 months ago

I think most of you are missing the point, the test was as much for him as for her. He needed to know that he had control over his urges. He needed to know that he was strong enough to be that good father for this child. That is why she went ahead and did the rest anyway. By being placed in that situation, he said the right thing when Sandy said “no one will know”. He said “ I will know”.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very good. The previous commenter notes how most of the commenters missed the point - she was doing this for Peter as well as herself. The story made this clear enough, too. The large number of people who missed the point shows what a large part of this reading population pretty much hates women, interprets their actions in the worst light, and wants them punished for something.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 months ago

Well done.

Well worked plot

keeping the suspense till the end.

The question wasn't if Maria was good enough for Peter.

It was if he was good enough for her.

She had every right to test him.

Panties or no panties.

He had been a cheater.

Some like to simplify things

by saying a cheater is always a cheater.

That, of course, isn't true.

But one who has cheated

is more likely to do it again

than one who has never cheated.

So Maria's test was just.

And she might have to do it again later

when their love cools.

That's the price of Peter's cheating.

What I didn't like in this story

was what wasn't explained.

Peter's child reenters the story

and is then never mentioned again.

What was that?

4 out of 5 from me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChagrined@Chagrined
345 Followers
Vet, former Airborne, LEO and all around sweetheart of a guy. Not fond of Cucks, cuck stories, idiots or people who don't habla. I prefer stories that have a degree of introspection to them as straight "pound" stories leave me limp. When I critique it is because I actually wa...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES