All Comments on 'Quaranteam - 808 State Ch. 01'

by DisquietCertitude

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Teacher44Teacher443 months ago

I am glad the grandparents were not discovered dead although it is unlikely in the QT universe that they will survive. I like that there is yet another interesting cultural background to explore in this universe. Thanks for your work.

Carnes8004Carnes80043 months ago

Great opening. Hurry with the chapter. STAY SAFE.

DisquietCertitudeDisquietCertitude3 months agoAuthor

And, of course, despite weeks of revision and review, I still manage to bollix up the number of month - Gwen's only been quarantining for 5 months, not 8. March, April, May, June, July. That's totally a screw up on my part. The dates are the intended dates.

Apologies!

DisquietCertitudeDisquietCertitude3 months agoAuthor

Yes, also, Honolulu is northWEST of Hawai'i Island. Don't know how these things leap off the page now, and I totally failed to spot them in the months before...

Smartest1Smartest13 months ago

Good start. As for quality in line with most of the other qt's... Which is splendid.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

For now, more quaran than team, but that's how you're writing it. I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment.

smythiesmythie3 months ago

A good start. I look forward to seeing how it progresses

Shaqjor477Shaqjor4773 months ago

Very nice job starting off the story!! Looking forward to more, and Mal becoming a rancher!!

BratMBratM3 months ago

Good start. True to the QT style.

The dialog is crisp and engaging.

Look forward to reading your next chapters to see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great start! Interested to see where it goes!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Please continue!!!!!

NursesNurses3 months ago

Great first chapter. I love the different locales in the stories. I spent a few months on Oahu when I was in the Army in the 1970s. Definitely a haole. I had torn some ligaments and ended up with about 4 months of convalescent leave, a month at a time. Anyway I gave you a 5 and will be waiting for chapter 2.

GrubermanGruberman3 months ago

Great intro/prologue to the series.

cindyp1976cindyp19763 months ago

I liked this first chapter can't wait to read more, I think it will be interesting to see what happens in an isolated place like an island.

nthusiasticnthusiastic3 months ago

Great start! Terrific addition to the QT Universe. Nice length, although I’m always in favor of longer. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Last time I lived in the islands was 87. Miss the people and the places. Been back a fee times. Only a few friends that I could find. Back then ohana wasn't spoken so much, just something you could feel. Looking forward to your next step s here.

unrealtimeunrealtime3 months ago

Very promising start. The background notes may be off putting to some but they are necessary for me to really appreciate your scenario. It helps me to immerse myself in the framework of your storytelling. One of the best things about the QT universe is the variety of viewpoints and situations that are held together by the underlying theme.

Keep on as you’ve begun and you’ll be another excellent contributor to this constantly expanding network of talented and prolific authors. The most amazing thing to me is how many newbies have managed to jump in and hit the ground running! Second is how much high quality content is being produced at such a rate by all the authors.

How on earth did CP manage to recruit such talent? So far, there hasn’t been a single dud.

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy673 months ago

The ONLY problem I have with this story so far is all of the non-English words. (That sounds bad even to me) If you feel the need to use native language, I understand why you do, then please after the first usage of the word in each chapter put the English word or definition in parentheses ( ). It would make the reading flow smoother in my opinion.

cfp33pfccfp33pfc3 months ago

Thanks! Welcome to the (Quaren)team!

MehntalityMehntality3 months ago

Another great addition to the QT universe... The characters and dialogue all are very engaging and I like the cultural touches. My only complaint is the length, especially with a good chunk of the words being dedicated to the forward and afterword. I feel like 4 pages of story is the minimum you should shoot for with a story like this.

I can't wait for more chapters!

KahunabobKahunabob3 months ago

More QT is always good. I love that you takes us on a journey first to explain some basic Hawaiian concepts. Thank you :-) What I know of Hawaii is either from Lilo and Stitch, or the original Magnum P.I. and reruns of the original Hawaii 5-0 (yes, I'm that old 😅) Looking forward to more. Speculation: it's probably too lazy to assume Mal ends up with both Gwen and Evelyn and her classmates as one of the Team 808's...

nemesisofwussesnemesisofwusses3 months ago

Such a great start! Love the character building. Looking forward to the next bit.

CherrypahhaCherrypahha3 months ago

I love this story arc. You are doing great!

alsithalsith3 months ago

"Katherine grabbed Mal's gloved hand and started pulling him in the direction Evelyn and her tractor had gone.". Shouldn't that be where they came from? She came from the tractors, having loaded them up and be driving one, had a conversation, then headed for the cows. So unless she had to turn to drive back passed where she got the tractor from again to get to the paddock...

SorchakSorchak3 months ago

This a first: an MC who's actually married during the pandemic AND his wife is still alive. The last QT I read, QT: Off the Grid, his wife passed first. So technically he's single, but widowed. All the other QT MCs are single men. I hope Gwen survives this. The same goes for Evelyn's parents. Odds say (probably) not, but I can still hope.

alsithalsith3 months ago

Great addition to the universe

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot2 months ago

A good start to an additional to the QT universe....

bhojobhojoabout 2 months ago

Interesting and we got to see something of hawaii ! Keep up the good work !

WolfbeckettWolfbeckettabout 1 month ago

I like the idea of a QT story in Hawai'i and I'm interested to be learning some of their lingo from it even if I'm going to have to stretch to believe the vaccine being rolled out there. All the time I've been reading QT stories I honestly assumed that during DuoHalo the government would probably simply abandon Hawai'i and Alaska to sort themselves out. I such a society collapsing catastrophe it seems likely that that's what would happen in real life. Why spend resources and complicate your supply lines by shipping stuff overseas and across national borders when there are a thousand other places easier to get to that need it just as badly? The cold but smart thing to do would be to focus on the essential areas: critical resource production zones and high population centers, and leave everyone else.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

What a great story, and thank you for explaining local names, customs and vernacular to outsiders like this Australian. All this puts us in the picture helps us understand.

You are a good author. Your bait hooked me, lm in hospital, so l’ll be reading on.

Scores 5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDisquietCertitude@DisquietCertitude
Novice writer, living on an extinct volcano, surrounded by thousands of miles of open ocean. Wish I were still living on an active volcano, surrounded by thousands of miles of open ocean! One of the folks writing a spinoff in Devin McTaggert's (Corrupting Power's) Quaranteam ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES