Quaranteam - AU Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Some leader I am. Maybe I really do need therapy...fuck.

As he re-entered Zoe's room, he was pleased to see the two young women chatting animatedly. Alice must have gone back to her rounds, because she was nowhere to be seen. Both of their faces coloured as he entered, and Liz beamed at him.

"Well, it certainly seems like I don't have to worry about whether I can trust you in the long term, Tiberius. Now it's just a matter of us getting to know one another, and then..." They both burst into a fit of giggles.

Eyebrows raised; he looked between both girls. "What am I missing?"

The pair exchanged glances before replying as one. ""Nothing!""

"I see." He shrugged, knowing there were no answers to be had here. "But I'm pleasantly surprised to find out the two of you know each other. It's good you'll both have someone of similar age to talk to." Nodding sagely, he let his eyes fall on Zoe. "Zoe, I've gotten in touch with Juno. She's going to sort out the thing with your parents' estate. Everything's going to be fine."

Zoe looked surprised "Auntie J is going to help? That's great news!"

"She is and she sends her love. And Zoe, I'm so sorry I let it get this bad. I should have paid more attention, even if you didn't want that. I guess I was a bit stuck in my own head."

She looked chastened as he said that and looked down. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have shut you out. You were always just trying to do what was best for me. Still are."

"Yeah, well. I've been pretty self-absorbed this year, it seems. But that's done with. My family is my priority, and that includes you." He scratched at his beard before changing the subject. "So, how do you two know each other?"

Liz smiled. "We lived in the same share house. Zoe's in a design program and I'm doing a finance degree, so separate universities, but they're close enough that it was cheaper to share accommodations. And you remember last night, when I said I had a few girls who I was like sisters with? Well Zoe's one of them, and I lost touch with her, for reasons that are obvious to me now."

"That's quite serendipitous. Like I said, I'm glad you both will have each other. It'll go a long way towards ensuring your comfort. As for me..."

Ty trailed off as the footsteps drew close, and he heard a sound that was extremely out of place in a hospital. Ty's phone began ringing, but he ignored it, already reaching for his own gun as he turned around. After all, to a soldier, the sound of a round being chambered in a weapon was unmistakable.

Oh, fuck. "Get down!"

Two people in scrubs and facemasks rounded the corner, guns drawn. There was no time for hesitation, and he had barely an instant to realise these were the same two that had nearly crashed into him in the hall earlier before Ty snapped his arms up and fired.

Then the world went mad with fire and light and as quickly as it began, Ty's world went dark.