All Comments on 'Quaranteam - Book Two (Ch. 11)'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
tjb50caltjb50cal3 months ago

keep politics out of the story

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

Another brilliant instalment. Not much drama but rolling along very nicely.

ag2507ag25073 months ago

Because you called it book 2 instead of book two it's not going to sort into sequence in your index. You may have to resubmit it with a corrected title or use the mechanism for linking story sequences.

Carnes8004Carnes80043 months ago

No ratings to professional writers. But always Stay Safe

gravyruggravyrug3 months ago

As it's own thing, it's a great chapter. It's still one more chapter with Mali in limbo. If the whole purpose of her being imprinted without speaking was to see if the regen would reset her memory and help her psych issues, what is having absolutely no contact after waking up going to do?

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One3 months ago

I wouldn't be surprise if people like Conner are given their own harem of women once they become of age just to snuff out the last bits of DH.

SorchakSorchak3 months ago

*sighs, and pinches bridge of nose between thumb and forefinger* This goes to all the commenters who whine about the "politics" in the story. Whether you realize it or not, whether you like it or not, the government and politics will ALWAYS be a necessary part of this story, and all the spin-offs. Without *politics*, Andy wouldn't have his Quaranteam. CP can't ignore that part, because it makes up something like a quarter of the strife in the plot. I don't care if you don't agree with the fictional affiliation and their views of the MC or his soon-to-be brother in-law, it's not real. (Emphasis on not.) And there isn't anything you can do about it, except try and write this story yourself, without the politics.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@Carnes8004 you keep posting the same thing on multiple quaranteam stories, no one cares. It would be nice if you stopped spamming the comments.

CherrypahhaCherrypahha3 months ago

Hey! Good story you are giving context for everything… I like that you are getting into the Male Protection Act. That fits with the story and probable reactions of people in a panic in a tragidy.

JohnnygrillsJohnnygrills3 months ago

JFC. You're killing me here! Great chapter! And keep the politics in! I love it! On pins and needles till the next one dude!

edewsgibedewsgib3 months ago

While I enjoy this and pretty much all of the Quaranteam stories, there is one gaping hole in this world that bothers me. That is, who is providing logistics for civilization? With 90% of men dying, that means there are a LOT of industries there there is hardly anybody left with the expertise to run things. Not to say women can't do these things, but by and large they haven't, and a LOT of knowledge died with the men.

For just one example, who is keeping the electrical plants going? Who is running the railroads that provide coal to the power plants? Who is running the mines that supply the coal? Who is running the petroleum refineries that supply fuel for the railroads and mine equipment, not to mention the military? Who is running the oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico that supply the petroleum to the refineries? Well, you get the point. It just seems like infrastructure would be a MAJOR problem, at least in the short term.

NursesNurses3 months ago

Excellent! You have assembled first rate writers to write all the other stories in this universe. I am quite fond of the Russian storyline. I now look every day for fresh stories. I hope you will write more about your burglar.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To the commentator edewsgib. Humanity did not die out when during the First World War (1914 to 1918)( America late1917 to 1918) men (and some women) were slaughtered in their thousands on some days. On top of which was the "Spanish"* flu pandemic which in 3 waves killed 70 million people and in the 2nd wave killed young men and women.(* the flu pandemic did not come from Spain, it came from America. The Spanish press told the world about it as the English, French, Belgium, Dutch, Turkish, Russians, Germans and Americans all had an press embargo on reporting about it, as it wouldn't be good for moral during the war or after). I lost my great uncle Robert to mustard gas in 1917 on the Somme. Only 20 years later another generation of men and women would loose their lives in 6 years of war, and whole communities were murdered on an industrial scale (6+ million Jews, roma, gays, Catholics, Anglicans, mental health patients, learning disabilities, disabled, Russians pows, political prisoners, spy's (SOEs), and resistance fighter's) The second world war 1939 to 1945 (for America end of 1941 to 1945, beginning of '41 for Russia) and my father was in the Royal Navy from '41 to '70. He was lucky, he was on destroyers escorting merchant vessels across the Atlantic, with food and goods to keep us going (if they weren't sunk and alot were, and we didn't pay off our war debt, including the rebuilding loan until 2007, no special plan for us and the Americans kept half of the RAF base's, they were based in, and they are still here!!) Now who do think stepped in and kept countries running? Who were taught to make aircraft, tanks, munitions, gun's? Who grew and harvest the crops, who ran anti aircraft gun's? In both Wars?! Girls(13/14yrs, my aunt, only surviving sister to my father, worked in a munitions factory in 1938 aged nearly 14) and Women did...who did you think were doing it, all the old men and young boys?! (my father was nearly 14 when he joined the Royal Navy!!) Women went down the pits to dig for coal!! And by you comment that women would not be able to do alot of jobs because the knowledge would of died with men...hmmm how about the Internet, books, manuals and oh my us women need to be trained by men but some will be still alive to help us stupid women!!! This story is a work of Fiction and please remember that!! Before you go off on one on how women cannot replace men in work, it's been done before so why don't you read some history on how girls and women took on "boys and men's" jobs/work!!! And in doing so, helped win those wars....

pk2curiouspk2curious3 months ago

This anonymous jerk below finally realized this is a work of fiction . Written by one of today's Premier fiction writers CP . Not to mention CP probably knows more about history than any anonymous reader anywhere .

GR8 chapter . Quite the scare .

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I get what anon is saying, but in WWI and WWII men with critical skills were excluded from conscription and in many cases banned from enlisting. In the UK the coal mining industry as a whole was excluded from conscription. They could teach the women these skills. And while Spanish Flu killed around 20 million killed 20 million, we are talking Billions of dead here, more than half the world's population. At this point the problem isn't skilled workers, the problem becomes finding enough people to do the essential work and learn those skills. Most Quarenteam stories handwave this. It doesn't annoy me enough to break suspension of disbelief, but I can see why it does for some people.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

FYI this one got categorized under Quaranteam but not Quarantine II so there's no link to either 10.5 or 12.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

Just catching up because of illness

5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES