All Comments on 'Quaranteam - Book Two (Ch. 01)'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AZslyderAZslyder12 months ago
Sainthood

You gave Andy the patience of a saint...I don't know a single man who wouldn't have told those three women to go fuck themselves by even halfway through that bullshit.

HornySpartanHornySpartan12 months ago

Brilliant! About time this series was continued!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Its good to see the story continue in your hands, I know that a few other authors have taken up spinoffs in the same universe.

Incredible writing too, it made me want the Representative to suck off the wrong guy at a swingers party.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I had been waiting eagerly for this installment since Book 1 concluded, but I am a bit disappointed. I am fine with an episode without sex if it moves the story forward, and Andy's appearance before "the Commission" is ok, albeit I think that the handcuffs scene was overdone; it was enough that overwhelming force was deployed to insist that he come into custody for questioning. The problem is the wacko Congresswoman and Andy's devolution to match her. I generally shrugged off the political comments in Book 1; I didn't "like" them, but the author (and Andy, in-universe) have a right to their own opinions, and most importantly they didn't really make a difference to the story. Andy is more a libertarian than anything else, and not a cardboard-cutout of anyone's political positions; he appreciates classic swords, has no problem with guns in the hands of professionals who know what they are doing about them, and is skeptical about government programs and effectiveness. The audience could like (and occasionally dislike) a character without them being a perfect match to anyone's party identification or policy preferences on a variety of issues. Even the villains are plausible, albeit if sometimes in a James Bond-like way; it is the disintegration of society that has released many of the bonds that previously kept them in check. In this story, however, while it might have been realistic for people (in-story) to be suspicious of Andy's motivations, even to think of him as some kind of Hugh Hefner surrounded by his numerous playmates, at this stage in the process it was not realistic to have the Congresswoman act as she did, even to the point of calling him names (Commie, Sissyman). This was, perhaps, a missed opportunity to have a discussion about the moral questions in having so many women sexually and emotionally linked to one man (insert Chinese proverb here), and what the world is going to look like in 20 years when the pre-pubescent children and those being born into such houses come of age.

peepingscholarpeepingscholar12 months ago

And the hole gets deeper.

Irish687Irish68712 months ago

I love this whole series. Cannot wait for more of it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thank you for continuing on the story… appreciate your works

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6912 months ago

So glad to see more of the story! Looking forward to more!!

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One12 months ago

Madeline Engle seems like she is going to be a live wire going forward. Either she doesn't fully understand how things have changed in the world or its she stuck in the wrong mind set, or finally she is angling for higher office. Given how she came off in this hearing its hard to tell.

Covington honestly sounds fucked. Good.

I do wonder if they put in safe guards to make sure family members aren't assigned to the same team as happened with Charlotte and Asha.

I kind figure Andy would make a play for Lisa Davis given her links to Ash. But if she wants to go to the east coast that's dead now.

About time Andy get that clearance.

Didn't know there was a Dublin, California. The things you learn here...

Woohoo Jade is getting her Cherry pop, I'm looking forward to that story as you write damn good sex.

As to who Andy takes? I honestly don't know given the known list of girls but I kind of doubt it will be Melody just because of Piper.

retread2retread212 months ago

I've lusted after Andy's story continuing...thank you - awaiting the next chapter! (Also loving the Will Bowland story)

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOats12 months ago

I’ve enjoyed all of this story, but could without the overly stereotyped culture wars aspect.

pk2curiouspk2curious12 months ago

XLNT Chapter . Wow what a hassle . Wonder who he'll pick ?

And BTW I love the " the overly stereotyped culture wars aspect."

Carnes8004Carnes800412 months ago

This chapter gets another 5 star rating. HOORAY!!!!!!! Yep, you said it would 6 months on Patreon before here and you delivered. Thanks, stay safe.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I. I think the general's name placard would say "Lt. Gen." and not "3 Star General." That will kind of jumped out at anybody with military in background.

2. Congresswoman Engke's characature was unfortunately very realistic. I could easily see one in particular talking just like that character. aplease don't be moved to change the character.

3. There are a lot of great levels to this story. I have resisted going to Patreon because I work 60+ hours per week and don't need more absorbing content to read. However, I am a few months from retirement and then you will have another good patron.

4. Thanks.

WargamerWargamer12 months ago

Great start to Book 2. Got me right in. I can see the NDR and the Fembot politicians will bring a lot of trouble to New Eden and the Rook Family. I’ll stay tuned roll out the next chapter asap

You are a great author, scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thank God. I kept checking and hoping that you would continue this excellent series. Well done once again.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The "culture war" aspect fits into the story on several levels. It adds good context to the basic story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Very happy to have the next book on the way! Though I’ll admit to being sad that the reprehensible Madeline Engel’s name is so close to that of one of my favorite authors

HornERabbitHornERabbit12 months ago

Excellent start to the next story in this series. Interesting ID republican behavior. Would like some cropping issues to get more damaged for such ludicrous behavior. The additional person from the NRD will be a chapter or two.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Finaly book 2. Please don't let us wait to long for new chapters.

The story is great!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So glad your back to this story! You have a good deal of excellent work. However we have totally enjoyed this series! Please keep it up!

nyteramblernyterambler11 months ago

All I can say is I am glad you are still going with the story I have been enjoying it very much.

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Excellent storytelling and exciting start to this series. Enjoyed the first book immensely and a terrifying insight into what might have been.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I loved how you put that line from Armageddon in there!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I enjoyed this immensely, and Maddy is a fun and interesting character.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Enjoying the story, a lot actually. One complaint though; is the political crap really necessary? It gets a bit over the top, almost into straw man conservative area at times. Other than that though, it’s a fascinating and engaging read. Very well done

ShapachanShapachan7 months ago

I don't post very often, but this has been a great read. I love the amount of detail that you put into it. I really appreciate the effort you put in to flushing out the characters in your novel. I look forward to how this is going to end. Thank you again.

Shapachan

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot6 months ago

Rejoining the story after a bit of a hiatus. I am gratified to find that the story arc is continuing and the Quaranteam world is full of other story lines. I won't try to distinguish one from another, but I certainly toss kudos to CP for the original concept. Everyone involved in the development (authors, editors, proofreaders, etc.) should be proud of their parts in the process of creating this entertaining body of work. For my part, I award galaxy of ✨ ✨ to all concerned. 🌌

Steve150177Steve150177about 2 months ago

My 2nd reading.

The story says, "Yeah, well, I think Covington was trying to throw the blame onto me to cover his own shitstorm, and I wasn't going to allow that to happen," Andy said, annoyance plain in his voice. "He made his own fucking mess, so he can stew in it. How's that going, by the way?"

I disagree. Rachel was a leader in the New Daughters of the Revolution. She worked in the base. She likely learned or was told that the Pes. was going public with the truth of the deaths and 60 Min. was doing a story The NDotR decided that now was a good time to act. They wanted the poker parties to be exposed, so Rachel told Katie Couric about them. However, she didn't want the blame to fall on Covington immediately because he might really hurt his women in revenge. So, she looked for the guy who could most easily prove that he had been to just one party, and she knew about Niko's planes, so she knew Andie's women would support him by telling the truth. So Anby would not be punished, the poker parties would be exposed, and Covington would end up being seen as the badest guy.

Then, the NDotR acted to take the 3 bad men hostage and make their demands, which meant that Covington had no chance to hurt any of the women.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES